Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao --- May 2nd, 2015

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draw

1 8.33%
  • Mayweather by Decision

9 75.00%
  • Pacquiao by Decision

1 8.33%
  • Mayweather by KO

0 0%
  • Pacquiao by KO

1 8.33%

Question Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao --- May 2nd, 2015

Floyd "Money" Mayweather 47-0 (26 KO) vs. Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao 57-5-2 (38 KO)

Saturday, May 2nd, 2015
    MGM Grand - Las Vegas
    Past Fight Videos (Click on "Key Fights" links)

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Floyd is the universally-recognized "Pound for Pound" champion in the sport of boxing. Both his father (Floyd Mayweather, Sr.) and uncle (Roger Mayweather) had decorated boxing careers, but never reached the heights Floyd has. Mayweather's style combines speed with a cobra-like one or two punch attack along with world-class defensive skills.

Key Fights

Angel Manfredy (Dec 19, 1998) W - TKO 2
    Diego Corrales (Jan 20, 2001) W - TKO 10
    Jose Luis Castillo (Apr 20, 2002) W - SD 12
    Arturo Gatti (June 25, 2005) W - TKO 6
    Zab Judah (Apr 8, 2006) W - UD 12
    Oscar De La Hoya (May 5, 2007) W - SD 12
    Ricky Hatton (Dec 8, 2007) W - TKO 10
    Saul Alvarez (Sept 14, 2013) W - MD 12

Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao first attracted worldwide attention during his first bout with Juan Manuel Marquez in which he knocked the Mexican star down three times in the 1st Round before ultimately receiving a controversial draw. The in-and-out boxer possesses power in both hands along with a tricky southpaw style that relies on speed and footwork.

Key Fights

Juan Manuel Marquez (May 8, 2004) Draw - 12
    Erik Morales (Jan 21, 2006) W - TKO 10
    Oscar De La Hoya (Dec 6, 2008) W - TKO 8
    Ricky Hatton (May 2, 2009) W - KO 2
    Miguel Cotto (Nov 14, 2009) W - TKO 12
    Rustico Torrecampo (Feb 9, 1996) L - KO 3
    Medgoen Singsurat (Sept 17, 1999) L - KO 3
    Erik Morales (March 19, 2005) L - SD 12
    Juan Manuez Marquez (Dec 8, 2012) L - KO 6
    Last edited by dhubermex; 03-03-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    floyd by dec all day joe rogan podcast by night all day
    Should be a wicked fight!
    Thanks for posting these fights. I'm stoked for this fight!
    Prediction: Fight to be postponed due to injury.

You heard it here first.

My guess would be Mayweather to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    Prediction: Fight to be postponed due to injury.

You heard it here first.

My guess would be Mayweather to do so.
    Haha, that would put one hell of a kink in a lot of people's plans. I've heard that Vegas hotels sold out for May 2nd weekend as soon as the bout was confirmed.
    Floyd knows he's the favorite.
    How am I the only one who voted Pacquiao? I just did a solid 15 minutes of youtube research and I'm saying Pacquiao takes this.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    you're the only person to pick pacman because floyd is the greatest boxer of all time, he doesnt take matches that don't favor him, and pac has lost a step.
    If you like mayweather that much, why don't you marry him? Paquiao will demolish your man crush and I shall be mocking you for the rest of the year about it. Just look at the names. Mannly Packiao already sounds like someone who will knock you out with one punch. What kind of a pussy ass name is Mayweather? Floyd? Go learn the citar you douche and get out of the ring.
    Last edited by oskar; 03-16-2015 at 04:03 PM.
    my philippino sister in law taught me how to say pacquiao correctly. it's mostly just "pacYOW"
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    If you like mayweather that much, why don't you marry him? Paquiao will demolish your man crush and I shall be mocking you for the rest of the year about it. Just look at the names. Mannly Packiao already sounds like someone who will knock you out with one punch. What kind of a pussy ass name is Mayweather? Floyd? Go learn the citar you douche and get out of the ring.
    may floyd weather the storm of mannary pacariow
    I'd like to give away FTR Points in a pseudo-wagering contest based on the Poll Results of this thread. The idea is to not take any FTR Points away from those of us who are incorrect, but to award them manually to those who are correct with their vote. I've already voted in the Poll... does anyone know how to view each participant's vote after the viewer has already cast a vote?

I'll base the non-risk FTR Points wager on 1,000 Points, with the lowest possible payout as Even Money. So, based on what we have so far, each person who has cast a vote would be awarded the following if the result is correct.

Current FTR Points Odds: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Draw: N/A
    Mayweather by Decision: E (minimum payout is Even Money = +1,000 FTR Points)
    Pacquiao by Decision: +600 (current payout of +600 = +6,000 FTR Points)
    Mayweather by KO: N/A
    Pacquiao by KO: N/A

Note: These odds/payouts will change in accordance with future votes. Losing votes will not be lose any FTR Points.

Voter List (Public)

Mayweather by Decision: wufwugy, dhubermex, ?, ?, ?, ?

Pacquiao by Decision: oskar
    Last edited by dhubermex; 03-16-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    my philippino sister in law taught me how to say pacquiao correctly. it's mostly just "pacYOW"

If that isn't the onomapoteia of a knockout puch!
    I voted for Mayweather by Decision
    Hi everyone,

I am withdrawing the FTR Points offer in Post #13 of this thread. I originally thought that there was some benefit to having FTR Points for apparel purchases, etc., but currently they are only used for OFC play, and can be reloaded freely. Therefore there is no benefit to receiving extra FTR Points at this time. On top of that, the Post #13 seems to have somewhat killed the thread.

Would there be more interest in running a contest for a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card based on who posts the closest scorecard or KO round? This is an extremely big event even though it's not poker related, so I'm willing to put a small prize up if that will get discussion back on track in the thread.
    I blanked out after 'ftr points'. Seems like I have them but I'm not sure why I care about them. BTW, before you reply I have like 2k in full tilt points that have just been sitting there for years and I can't be bothered to figure out what to do with those, so there's that.
    Here are the recent build-up shows from both Showtime (Mayweather focus) and HBO (Pacquiao focus). Enjoy!

Inside Mayweather vs. Pacquiao - Episode 1 (Showtime)

Inside Mayweather vs. Pacquiao - Episode 2 (Showtime)

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: At Last (HBO)

Looking forward to this fight, my gf is gonna watch it with me and she doesn't even like boxing!
    I've spent the most recent big-boxing weekends at "live cast" restaurants with my ex-wife and twins watching Mayweather fights... all of which have been somewhat boring. April 30th is my birthday + May 1st is "Labor Day" in Mexico so we always go out on that weekend, and we typically travel somewhere for Mexican Independence Day weekend (Sept. 16th).

One of my 11-year-old boys (Joshua) approves of Mayweather's defensive style and quickness, but Kevin has had a hard time sitting through them. The last Mayweather/Maidana fight Kevin ordered about 4 Pina "De-Nadas" (Pina Colada without alcohol) just to get through the bout. I sure hope this one has some competitive action.
    you're the only person to pick pacman because floyd is the greatest boxer of all time, he doesnt take matches that don't favor him, and pac has lost a step.
    If he's the greatest boxer of all time, then surely every fight favours him.
    ongies gonna ong
    Here's Inside Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (Showtime) Episode 3 from tonight.

So how many of you muppets are paying 60 bucks or whatever to watch two thugs slugging shit into each other?
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    So how many of you muppets are paying 60 bucks or whatever to watch two thugs slugging shit into each other?
    That's pretty fucking racist.
    I hope Pacman wins but voted Mayweather by decision as it's the most likely outcome imo
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    lol @ $60, these muppets are paying $100. While that's pricey, most people watch it with a group and split the cost. Also, most people are employed so $100 isn't the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    That's pretty fucking racist.
    This is libel.

Or slander. I forget which.

See you in court.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    lol @ $60, these muppets are paying $100. While that's pricey, most people watch it with a group and split the cost. Also, most people are employed so $100 isn't the end of the world.
    It's still fucking dumb. No wonder this guy struts around thinking he's the shit when millions of people will pay that much to watch a fight. Who cares who wins? It'll either be the nice guy from OngoBongo land, or the negro with the ego.

Oops, might have just fucked up that lawsuit.
    ongies gonna ong
    I picked a draw, rematch = $$$$$$$
    Pacquiao as a fighter, I like him a lot, but when I see him kneel down to pray between each round and his dumb mother jumping up and down in hysteria clenching a rosary, I wouldn't mind to see the most humiliating loss of his career. On the other hand when Mayflower tells his entourage to rearrange all the wine bottles because they are not facing the direction he fancies, I want death. I want him murdered in front of 50 million people. fuck him. I'm still rooting for Pacquiao.
    Floyd Mayweather for win, i think.
    Tickets are $10k-$60k. Sick. This fight is happening now?
    The fight should begin in about 6 hours from the time of this post. Here's the Weigh In video from yesterday. The Welterweight limit is 147 lbs. and both fighters easily made weight.

Mayweather looks extremely cut. Given that and the fact that he's a naturally bigger guy who is likely to re-hydrate more (meaning he's expected to have a 6-7 lb. weight advantage once they enter the ring in 6 hours), I still give the edge to him.

Mayweather: 146 lbs.
    Pacquiao: 145 lbs.

Still haven't seen the fight. Heard it wasn't good.

At least it went the distance.
    Looks like we're not quite ready to talk about it yet.
    but nothing has changed. confirmation came in that it would be a boring decision months ago.
    Watched a few rounds. Boring fight. Watch UFC better
    I wonder if they're going to meet again in September. That still seems like the biggest payday for both even considering how uneventful the fight was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Still haven't seen the fight. Heard it wasn't good.

At least it went the distance.
    You did not miss anything. It was a strategic battle from Floyd. The centtury match was quite boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhubermex View Post
    I wonder if they're going to meet again in September. That still seems like the biggest payday for both even considering how uneventful the fight was.
    From what I read in the online press Manny will be operated on shoulder and will miss at least 6 months for recovery.
    I put some money on mayweather to make the fight more interesting, glad that he won me some cash