Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

So, what are the chances I can help revive this subforum?

Default So, what are the chances I can help revive this subforum?

I've got my cane and I'm out of FTR retirement. I've continued to be a midstakes MTT Professional, I now have a wife and 4 kids, a lovely house, I'm going to university for fun (Business Management, although I might be purchasing a business before I graduate... is that allowed?), and I have a moderately successful twitch stream at twitch.tv/christaborg where I stream poker 3-5 days/week. I also moderate some other bigger poker streams such as Tonka's and Kevin Martin's.

Here's my MTT profit for the last 9-ish monthsMTT.jpg

And here's a more detailed breakdown of where the games are being played
    MTT 2.jpg

I keep all of my MTT records publicly available on an excel sheet in onedrive, which can be viewed at https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtOffuWB-yAbhWxyPvNZPOOQm7Ge

Anyways, that's what I've been up to. I hope we can coax some activity out of parts of this forum. I learned how to play poker here I made my first and some of my best poker friends here, and this forum has meant a lot to me over the years even though I had moved on some 10 years ago.

Many of you are American. Remember, even though most poker sites are closed to you, ACR/Ignition/Global Poker offer very good value low-to-midstakes MTTs and if you're in a location where a regional Pokerstars or 888Poker exists, get back online and try the games out! Poker is NOT dead in America! The WSOP Main Event was the 2nd biggest event EVER this year! There are still enthusiasts all over the country, so get online and join us!

Please come say hi if you remember me, post some hands (either in this thread or make your own threads), etc, and let's see if we can give the strategy section of FTR a little jolt of energy.

<3

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by soupie
    That is the beauty of poker, it doesnt matter how they play, you can always devise the perfect defense and counterpunch hard.
    Nice graph!
    I've been getting more and more interested in getting back into poker lately, but being Australian I'd need to look around to see what sites I can play on. I never got as good at the game as I'd have liked, and that was putting a fair amount of time into it. Probably the main thing holding me back is doubting I have the time to make it worthwhile.
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    0%
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    0%
    bruh
    That is the beauty of poker, it doesnt matter how they play, you can always devise the perfect defense and counterpunch hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsaust View Post
    Nice graph!
    I've been getting more and more interested in getting back into poker lately, but being Australian I'd need to look around to see what sites I can play on. I never got as good at the game as I'd have liked, and that was putting a fair amount of time into it. Probably the main thing holding me back is doubting I have the time to make it worthwhile.
    Cheers dude! As an Australian the main sites are obviously out, but the 2 main sites you'll be able to play are ACR (Americas Card Room) and Ignition (possibly Bovada, its the same thing). A twitch streamer by the name of AllinPav was able to make a pretty easy living playing ACR MTTs so I know its possible, even though it may be hard.

What is EASY to do is get back into the game though! just play some when you have time and see if you get drawn back into it. Hopefully ill see ya around
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    0%
    Can't you go find a bonfire to piss on?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah, been looking at ignition. I kind of like the idea of the anonymous tables. I'll check out ACR as well. If nothing else I might just deposit one or two hundred and play around when the mood hits.
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    Think this is a bog standard check jam, but checking in for thoughts. Does our plan change if villain either bets 25%, 50% or 75%+? What about if we're not far from the bubble? Assume bog standard reg.

Poker Stars, $9.80 Buy-in (1,000/2,000 blinds, 250 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 77,566 (38.8 bb)
    Hero (BB): 46,842 (23.4 bb)
    UTG+1: 14,006 (7 bb)
    UTG+2: 78,020 (39 bb)
    MP1: 45,828 (22.9 bb)
    MP2: 75,899 (37.9 bb)
    MP3: 32,716 (16.4 bb)
    CO: 12,180 (6.1 bb)
    BTN: 112,332 (56.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T 9
    2 folds, MP1 raises to 4,600, 5 folds, Hero calls 2,600

Flop: (12,450) 5 4 9 (2 players)