Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Get Better

Sup,

so rong has one of these and I figured it would be good to get one too. The original thread can be found here: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...on-192352.html It started off as a fitness question about stretching and became a thread which has tbh has pretty much changed my life.

A lot of people said the most important thing to do was to make sure it was a change of lifestyle, not just a temporary change. That's what I'm trying to do and I've been doing it pretty well since beginning of December IMO. I smoked a couple of packs of cigarettes over New Year and plenty of food over Christmas, but I didn't eat as much as I would have previously.

Targets:

- go to the gym 4 times a week. I like the gym, and if I don't go I just sit around
    - keep eating healthy. I've been taking jyms's advice and avoiding starch and eating protein and veg (after a bad start where I ate a bagel the day after he told me to stop eating starch lol).
    - try out some new stuff. I ended up at Zumba the other day (hahaha) which was interesting but I'm not very keen on. I want to try kickboxing and spinning in the next couple of weeks

Will try and keep this updated fairly regularly with how I'm doing with goals and some examples of what I'm eating for critic if possible. Going gym tomorrow and I'll post after about some of the stuff I normally do there. Hopefully I'll bother to keep this one updated because I'm doing way more exercise than playing poker these days (no time for MTTs )

EDIT: Changed it from "Fitness Blog" to "Improve Myself" because there's some other stuff I need to sort out/work on too, want to cover uni work, improving wardrobe (too many hoodies etc) and sleeping pattern at least

Lol must have subliminally noticed M2M's title without realising. new title time!

GET BETTER - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube
    Last edited by Pascal; 01-18-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    I am doing pretty much the same, started last October and lost 10+kg since. Just feels waaay better. Key for me is to stay away from pasta, pizza, the too regular bottles of wine, too much bread and the cookies. And go to the gym regularly. It's just so easy to get out of shape (hahaha at "but round is a shape"), and it's so difficult to get back.

Good luck & keep going, it's definitely worth the effort.
    Gym this morning. Had to stay up last night to wait for someone to come on Skype so ended up going at 11.30 instead of 11. Did an hour - chest press, standing pulldown, bicep curls, some cycling and some rowing intervals.

Didn't have time to eat before gym but lunch was a simple nicoise salad with salad, can of tuna (in brine not oil), two boiled eggs, cucumber, pepper and tomato, and a banana while boiling the eggs. Feeling pretty full and def not hungry. Also found some vitamins in the cupboard so want to start taking them twice a day.

Got a uni essay outline in tomorrow so bought a bottle of diet lemonade, not keen on sweetners but it's a trea when revising so meh.
    Just back from the gym. Yesterday night coursework was going long and was tired so had a cheat meat, first takeaway of the week. Stayed away from starch tho, had roast duck with mushroom and Chinese vegetables. Really tasty but stomachs regretting it today.

Today, banana this morning, soup for lunch, veg+salad+small amount of the chilli I made. Just got back from a couple of hours at the gym, wanted to stay out the house so did 15km on the bike and some resistance matches. I need to talk to the gym to get my online account activated tomorrow so I can check when spinning classes are to go and kill myself.
    So only 2 days since last update. Yesterday I had a chilled day, had a banana before my early lecture then soup for lunch and cooked a big dish of roast vegetables (carrots, peppers, mushrooms, onions, courgettes and parsnips) and some diced turkey breast with paprika which I had for dinner.

Going to this f spinning class tomorrow so skipped gym today as I don't want to be tired when I go, finished off the rest of the veg and had a couple of ales when my mate came round. Busy couple of days with uni work and a uni debate coming up on press regulation but want to go to the gym tomorrow and Friday, which would take me to 3 times for the week, then on Sunday too to hit 4 times.
    Lol a whole week since my last update, where the fuck has the time gone. Succeeded in eating healthily and going to the gym, went home to see my parents on Saturday and ate some bread etc each day but nothing too bad.

Went to the gym briefly yesterday and did some intervals on the bike but not feeling too great. Uni etc is pretty rough at the moment and had a weak moment this evening and got a takeaway, pretty annoyed at myself now but ah well. Definitely going gym tomorrow to burn it off
    How was the spinning session?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Lol a whole week since my last update, where the fuck has the time gone. Succeeded in eating healthily and going to the gym, went home to see my parents on Saturday and ate some bread etc each day but nothing too bad.

Went to the gym briefly yesterday and did some intervals on the bike but not feeling too great. Uni etc is pretty rough at the moment and had a weak moment this evening and got a takeaway, pretty annoyed at myself now but ah well. Definitely going gym tomorrow to burn it off
    Sacrilege! Why don't you just change the thread title to 'Get butter'?

J/k, never seen any harm in one takeaway a month. Everything in moderation
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Haha, more like one takeaway a week this past month but my bad. I'm eating ridiculously well (IMO) the rest of the week and exercising hard.

rong - spinning was fucking hard. Really enjoyed it and going to find a night session to go to with a mate. It only lasted 30 mins and I could barely stand on the bike by the end.

Off to the gym now actually. Bought 12 cans of tuna at Sainsburys the other day cos it was half price, so my main meals will be turkey stirfry (beansprouts, turkey, mixed veg) and tuna & egg salad, with soup for lunch.

EDIT: Still feel like my excuses for a takeaway every week are shit, so figured I'd add I only have a meat main (with veg side sometimes) and no rice/chips and I tend to feel too guilty to eat much else that day haha
    Last edited by Pascal; 01-30-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    Buy a stationary bike for home. Only play online poker when you are riding it. This has been my routine for past year and half when I finally started/stuck to my good eating/exercise regiment. I play turbo SNGs most every night now.
    "Fish Can't Hear. ™" - Zerbet
    If I only rode the bike when I was playing online poker I wouldn't ride it for the next 4 months - consider me retired until I finish my degree. Then I'll take a shot at playing full time. That's another story tho

Feeling pretty ill today and yesterday so waiting a few days to go to the gym, got an essay in on Wednesday and really not got time to be ill. To get a degree I'm happy with I need to get 60+ in 4 out of the 6 modules that I'm doing this year.

3 exams in end of May/June
    1 5k word research paper
    2 modules with 2 x 2.5k word papers. The first was in last month, the second is in 6th Feb, then two more at the end of April.

Got the first mark for my 2.5k word paper back and got 68/100 which I'm really happy with, so just need 52 in the next one to get 60+ in that module. Next paper is in for Wednesday and need to really get going with it so that's the plan over next few days