Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

2nl 65s in limped pot.. flop ?

Default 2nl 65s in limped pot.. flop ?

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $3.16 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
    BTN: $1.90 (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
    SB: $2.00 (VPIP: 21.21, PFR: 15.15, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 34)
    Hero (BB): $2.53
    UTG: $2.06 (VPIP: 52.94, PFR: 23.53, 3Bet Preflop: 28.57, Hands: 17)
    MP: $4.14 (VPIP: 65.00, PFR: 45.00, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 20)

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 6 5

fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05, 2 players) 4 8 3
    Hero checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, fold

Hero wins $0.13

villain was total station, should i have just flatted vs him
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    If you want to have the fish's stack the best would be to raise indeed and earn free money when he folds as you had still no hand at that point
    lol c/r vs the limper.

Lead flop, unless you know he's betting. If he raised, well c/r is great then.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    lol c/r vs the limper.

Lead flop, unless you know he's betting. If he raised, well c/r is great then.
    was thinking this, i just wasn't sure it
    was a great idea to raise vs. such a station. sometimes it seems like they will call all the way, but they get scared when you raise.
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    I guess there's some logic to that, and if you've seen him bet often when checked to, even in limped pots, then a c/r isn't so lol. But I tend to consider limpers as passive (as a default, anyway), and as such consider them less likely to bluff, and more likely to check behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Actually, I like the raise. I won't necessarily always raise a pure flush, or OESD straight draw. However given you do in fact have an OESD + a shitty backdoor flush draw, I think you should raise here.

One thing I'm going to start incorporating into my game a lot more, is raising and check/raising OESD's/Flush draws with back door draws, gut shots, or a pair, at least in single raised pots and we're both somewhat deep of course.

Note, I'm not entirely sure I'm going to do this on hands where it's say 4 to a straight or 4 to a flush, or I just have a naked card that makes the flush/straight if it hits. I like straights and flushes that utilize both of my cards as they have much more implied odds.

I have noticed a lot of people tend to give up real fast on monotone boards, you should check your cbet vs cbet success on monotone boards with different high cards vs rainbow boards. Seems there's a lot more calls on the rainbow boards than the monotone.

You might try this to.

Plus I think you're correct to notice, that raises do elicit a lot more folds when they're weak, so it's +EV in that you're more likely to take the pot down outright, and the other advantage to raises in this spot, is when you DO hit your OESD, you're more likely to stack them.
    Last edited by JimmyS1985; 02-01-2017 at 02:02 AM.
    If vill is a fish limping a lot of stuff I don't mind it.

If this is a tight limping range, then just lead the flop mostly. B/C if you face a raise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    [QUOTE= villain was total station, should i have just flatted vs him[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you want to string him along incase you hit. To bring the calling station along, if that is your precarious goal with only a draw, a 2x to 3x raise would have been better suited. But you might have to have a showdown hand getting greedy. I like the way you played better. Very aggressive post flop with good outs should he call.