Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

100NL - 4bet bluff flops middle pair

Default 100NL - 4bet bluff flops middle pair

Villain is a little laggy but not ridiculous and 3bets around 10%. Obv the 4bet was a bluff, and it should have been a little bigger.

Now I've got middle pair and he probably didn't flat my 4bet with a strong ace.

plan?

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($175.10)
    Button ($111)
    SB ($71.20)
    BB ($103.60)
    UTG ($27.20)
    MP ($244)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, 10
    2 folds, Hero raises $3, Button raises $12, 2 folds, Hero raises $28, Button calls $19

Flop: ($63.50) 7, 10, A (2 players)
    c/f
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    4bet is plenty big. I'm just wondering which part of PF you doctored to make villain call $19 instead of $16.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73
    4bet is plenty big. I'm just wondering which part of PF you doctored to make villain call $19 instead of $16.
    online poker is rigged, ldo
    LOL OPERATIONS
    wtf that's weird... i pasted it out of holdem manager, which i'm just trying out. maybe a glitch?

anyways, we're cool with a 4bet to 28 oop?
    4bet size is perfectly fine, why make it bigger OOP.
    ya 4bet size is fine. i dont get why QTo would be a good hand to do this tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    xtr stand for exotic tranny retards
    yo
    QTo is good because i'm not calling with it and I use a clock to randomize when i'm gonna 4bet... but i weight it a little so that when I have blockers I 4bet more often.

The reason I think increasing the amount is good is that I see a lot of loose players flatting 4bets, which I hate, but add just a few BBs and they do it a lot less + are more wrong to do it.
    If villain is flatting with 66-QQ,ATs+,AJo+,KQs, then you are folding them out with a bet something like 30% of the time if they are willing to fold JJ and QQ. If the range is wider or if they are willing to lay down AJ, you're even better off.

Going back to the range above, we have 32% equity. If we bet half pot and they call, we will have great implied odds if we can hit another T or our Q. It's a tough spot, but I think a bet/fold can work here.
    *BUMP*
    *BUMP*