Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Some 6max NL50 hands

Default Some 6max NL50 hands

Hand 1: Villain had a high ATS, although it went down as the session went on. His stats looked laggy at the time, but his PFR went down later so he might be a TAG reg on a card rush. I've 3b him twice before (one time lightly and one time with KK) and I was worried he would stop giving me credit. I decided to call and make a move post-flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($34.75)
    SB ($70.85)
    Hero (BB) ($60.15)
    UTG ($69.10)
    MP ($79.55)
    CO ($57.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, K
    4 folds, SB bets $2, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 5, 2, 8 (2 players)
    SB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6, SB calls $3.50

Turn: ($16) 6 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($16) Q (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $16 | Rake: $0.75

Hand 2: Villain has been shoving all in a lot recently, and he shoved last hand. I would say he shoved all-in maybe top 50% of his range.
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($52.50)
    BB ($50)
    UTG ($33.60)
    MP ($75.90)
    CO ($24.55)
    Hero (Button) ($74.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, A
    UTG bets $33.60 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero raises to $74.45 (All-In)

Hand 3: Villain is a fish and did stupid shit.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($50.55)
    Button ($79.05)
    SB ($55.05)
    BB ($50)
    Hero (UTG) ($50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4, 4
    Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button raises to $2.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.75) A, 2, 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($5.75) 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, Button calls $5

River: ($15.75) 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, Button raises to $10, Hero ?

Hand 4: villain is multitabling TAG
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($145.80)
    MP ($168.45)
    Button ($52.05)
    SB ($47)
    Hero (BB) ($52.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
    1 fold, MP bets $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, MP calls $4, Button calls $4

Flop: ($15.25) 8, K, 10 (3 players)
    Hero bets $9, 1 fold, Button raises to $47.05 (All-In), Hero ?
    hand 1: I just fold pre..you don't have to beat this guy every hand. You have no equity postflop either. Look for a better spot where u have better draws...backdoors e.t.c for double barreling.

Hand 3: I shove.
    Hand 4: Call.
    hand 1: fold pre, as played fine.

hand 2: I fold

hand 3: bet more on the river, $12ish, as played just flat.

hand 4: could do with more info than just multitabling reg, his shovel looks drawy so I call.
    "This sure beats Super Mario Bros.!" is my ejaculation catch phrase.

Default Re: Some 6max NL50 hands

Quote Originally Posted by iopq
    I decided to call and make a move post-flop.
    This tilted me. You need to correct your thought process.

2. So you think he's shoving 50% and you have AT with two people behind you who are probably pussies. Uhhhh call obviously

3. Bet more on river, as played call the minraise.

4. Probably call but certainly not a fistpump.
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    nutsinho: in terms of my thought process, should I be looking for good profitable spots to make plays in instead of saying "He steals a ton, cbets a ton, I'll plan a raise on the flop if it looks like it doesn't hit a whole lot of hands"

he's probably cbetting that flop always and then another time especially being OOP so it's not like he even has the option of checking the flop back

it's easy to say that I should correct my thought process, it would be nice if you pointed out the direction I should be thinking in TIA
    I probably donk flop quite hard on hand 3 unless he's a spewy fish - I reckon 88-KK will call possibly all 3 streets if he's bad, but he probably won't bet with those said hands.
    Hand 1 - meh its fine. But you can't just decide before you see a flop that you're just gonna make a move on any board. The board has to be good, and ideally you'll be repping something legitimate when you make this move.

Hand 2 - Well if your read is top 50% is correct then I call. You gotta be sure of this read though. If villain was thinking, I'd say him doing this back to back prob means he has a stronger hand. But Im' not sure this villain is thinking.

Hand 3 -
    Antman - why are you shoving this? As a bluff??
    OP - why are you betting so small on river? He rarely has a flush or 3x here, so I'd be more. Call as played, you might have induced some nonsense.

Hand 4 - Feels like a draw to me, I call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    griffey24 - thanks for clearing that up

in hand 2 I make notes when people openshove pre, and I counted 3 shoves all close to each other (maybe 3 in a row, not sure)

in hand 3 I bet so small because I felt he had utter shit. He gets himself in weird spots and does stupid shit. SPOILERS: I called and he had total air. So in retrospect a good result.

I mostly posted the hand because it played out weird.
    1) 3bet pre if he's stealing a lot?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by swiggidy
    i want to 3bet 75o here and call with such an awesome hand as K6s. think of all the possibilities.
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    I play heads up. K6s is like a 4betting hand.
    I play heads up. K6s is like a 4betting hand.
    Such laffs ITT

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOTHEC101
    hand 1: fold pre.
    Never folding here against anyone who's even heard the word steal. You have position and a playable hand. WTF are you nits waiting for???? I used to put players like this on my buddy list and put them on my left.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsinho
    Quote Originally Posted by swiggidy
    i want to 3bet 75o here and call with such an awesome hand as K6s. think of all the possibilities.
    This. 3-betting someone in an online mid stakes game will probably just blow them off the pot except the times they go crazy with 88 and you can't call.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24
    Hand 3 -
    Antman - why are you shoving this? As a bluff??
    hmm I didn't notice the wheel draw on the board, that changes things a little. But i do think he can be raising this river with Ax here alot...if he's the type to slowplay pairs Lol. Thinking about this a little bit more, shoving riv is way to thin. I stand corrected.
    Hand 1: Pre-flop seems pretty standard, I do this quite a bit, though I agree that you shouldn’t be thinking that you’re calling to make a move. The way I think about it is that I’m calling because K6s and the ability to outplay him with position puts me in an overall stronger position postflop. 3betting negates these advantages imo. What do you think about betting the turn? I’m still thinking about it and I would probably check but if he folds a weak 8 betting is probably better, no?

Hand 2: You have to at least call. Whether shoving or flatting is better is dependent on the blinds obviously.

Hand 3: “Stupid shit” is very vague and the precise definition could change this from a call to a fold to a shove.

Hand 4: Agree with others, looks like a draw, call.
    Hand 1: Just not a fan of Kxs. Maybe that's bad? I think flat is fine. And I prolly bet turn here too, maybe $9.

Hand 2: I fold here ususally.I may call if he's really doing this with 50%. I'd like to know what he's shoved previously.

Hand 3: I will lead flop here and even get it in against a fish. You have a better idea of what he's raising with and then checking flop, than I do. But I think I'd lead flop and turn.
    Against fish Ithink it's Vbet Vbet Vebt.

Hand 4: I think call is standard here.
    NH, WP, GG, TY, Etc..........................
    1: floating flop > raising.

2: call all day

3: lead the flop, bet bigger on the river.

4: snap. crackle. pop.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbish
    Hand 1: And I prolly bet turn here too, maybe $9.
    what are you representing here? 97? doesn't seem like the best oppurtunity to second barrel into the preflop/flop raiser.

i agree that the thought process is more quesitonable than the play. you say that you played it because it has good value as a heads up hand yet you plan to "make a move postflop" regardless of the board? sounds to me like you're playing it as a bluff in which case i like 3betting more. again, though, it's thought-process-dependent.

as far as the second hand goes i agree with everyone that you have to be sure that he actually makes this play with 50% of his range with according to the information you have you DO NOT!!!! if he made three raises and one of them got called down and he showed pocket fives or Q7s then i'm calling here, but as it stands you know nothing. i've made plays like this before when i just happened to get AA AK and KK in the matter of five or so hands and overbet them so that people make the same MISread you're making here.
    nutsinho: in terms of my thought process, should I be looking for good profitable spots to make plays in instead of saying "He steals a ton, cbets a ton, I'll plan a raise on the flop if it looks like it doesn't hit a whole lot of hands"
    I don't think the play itself is that bad although its certainly -EV. But this is what is correct and incorrect in your logic.

Correct:
    1. He steals a wide range and cbets a ton. This is a strong argument for raising a flop cbet in general. Although why this is somewhat incorrect will be explained in point 2.

Incorrect:
    2. I'll plan to raise on the flop if it looks like it doesn't hit a whole lot of hands.

First off, just because you have a weak hand and you called preflop doesn't mean your obligated to shove a bunch of money in the pot to make up for it. It sounds dramatic but this is only a slight exaggeration of this logic. You should look at my article on FTR about forming ranges (too lazy to link), its under my strategy blog. There are plenty of hands with better equity as bluffs that I'd rather raise on this flop, and in no way is it +EV to raise this flop with all our air hands. For example, if we had 93o here would we raise? The answer is no, and its because 93o Has the least equity against his continuing range if we raise the flop

it's easy to say that I should correct my thought process, it would be nice if you pointed out the direction I should be thinking in
    Maybe I'm being elitist, but you should be happy enough he was nice and decided to even make a response.
    Check out the new blog!!!