Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Hit trips on turn 10NL - Right line?

Default Hit trips on turn 10NL - Right line?

Deep stacked so thats the reason for the call pf, looking to hit my set. When it comes on the turn how should I play it? I assume check behind on flop is the right decision?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (3 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

SB ($18)
    BB ($9.80)
    Hero ($19)

Preflop: Hero is Button with , .
    Hero raises to $0.3, SB raises to $0.7, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.50) , , (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.50) (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.8, SB raises to $1.8, Hero raises to $5, SB calls $3.20.

River: ($11.50) (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $13.3 (All-In), SB calls $12.30 (All-In).

Final Pot: $36.10
    Yeah easy call. If he has a freak str8 or QQQ so be it. But it looks like aces a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar4
    If he's not calling my shove, I'm done with it.
    Nice hand.
    Oh yeah and of course don't forget to do the whole fistpump thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar4
    If he's not calling my shove, I'm done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roel
    Yeah easy call. If he has a freak str8 or QQQ so be it. But it looks like aces a lot.
    this really doesn't look like AA/KK. who checks flop and the turn with those hands? it seems like you are most likely up against another set, which is still a good thing.
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    Quote Originally Posted by martindcx1e
    this really doesn't look like AA/KK. who checks flop and the turn with those hands?
    More people than you'd think. I've seen a lot of slowplaying of TPTK and overpairs lately after a pre-flop raise. For some reason I seem to see it the most with AK when they hit an ace or king.
    Quote Originally Posted by dalecooper
    this really doesn't look like AA/KK. who checks flop and the turn with those hands?
    More people than you'd think. I've seen a lot of slowplaying of TPTK and overpairs lately after a pre-flop raise. For some reason I seem to see it the most with AK when they hit an ace or king.
    how much is "a lot"? i really don't think enough ppl do this enough for us to start thinking those hands make up a big part of their range when they check flop and the turn.
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    wow man never consider folding this ++++++++++EV++++++++++
    how much is "a lot"? i really don't think enough ppl do this enough for us to start thinking those hands make up a big part of their range when they check flop and the turn.
    How about when they 3-bet preflop and then check the flop? I'm always suspicious of that, and it's been an overpair or TPTK more often that I would have expected. Checking the turn is a bit unusual though, usually they give it one street to attempt a check-raise and then lead the turn.

As far as how often this happens, I don't know if I could quantify it accurately. Enough that you should keep it in mind but not so much that you should leap to assumptions every time someone checks.
    bet the turn bigger. the rest is fine.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.