Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

flop bottom set from ep two tone board 100nl

Default flop bottom set from ep two tone board 100nl

unfortunately i lost all my player notes (here's hoping ftp support can fix the xml file), so i'm running this one on stats only.

UTG i fold 33 a bunch, limp rarely and open occasionally. MP1 is decent with a good bit of aggro going on, kinda trappy. He's 38% fold to c-bet, 20% raise. Pre-flop he's definitely at the looser end of the spectrum.

BB is fish who chases draws a little too often and calls good hands but generally likes his fold button on his mid-strength made hands.

Flop I'm c-betting ldo. The raise is interesting, like MP1 is expecting me to have AK type of hands here a lot of the time. So, that puts him on hands that like to get involved against a strong range here.
    He doesn't have combo draws much here, maybe KQhh/QJhh/TJhh, but he folds them a bunch pre-flop cos the games are kinda squeezey. By the same token he can have AK/AA/KK. He actually looks a lot like 33, but i got 33.... sb call is like always A3 (one combo), AQ, AK, flush draws - mostly flush draws. This makes MP1's range even more interesting. Fuck, i just jam - although my equity here is interesting

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($33.50)
    SB ($69)
    BB ($47.30)
    Hero (UTG) ($169.95)
    UTG+1 ($100)
    MP1 ($100)
    MP2 ($105.70)
    CO ($396.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3, 3
    Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, MP1 calls $3.50, 4 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($11) K, A, 3 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $8, MP1 raises to $28, BB calls $28, Hero tanks, then shoves,
    wow this spot is really sick. MP1's vpip/pfr? I think this might actually be a fold..
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    wow this spot is really sick. MP1's vpip/pfr? I think this might actually be a fold..
    my experience of FTP was that people overplay hands so id weight this range to AK more than AA/KK which can still be possible. No way is this a fold - but i might call and stack a donk the turn rather than jamming.
    On stars id be meh at jamming here as there is much more cold calling of UTG raises with AA/KK
    Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

288,057 games 0.004 secs 72,014,250 games/sec

Board: Kc Ah 3h
    Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 43.125% 43.12% 00.00% 124224 0.00 { 3c3s }
    Hand 1: 38.885% 38.36% 00.53% 110489 1522.50 { KK+, AKs, AKo }
    Hand 2: 17.990% 17.46% 00.53% 50299 1522.50 { AKs, A3s, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, QhJh, QhTh, JhTh, Th9h, 9h8h, 8h7h, 7h6h, 6h5h, 5h4h, AQo+ }

Easy value Shove against even tight range for MP1

Our equity actually improves the more flush draws we take out of BB's range

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)
    Man,there's lots of money in the pot already. Shove all day twice on Sunday vs 90% of opponents barring super nits. Villian got more AK combos than KK+ for sure. It'd be so silly to fold your set here when you decide to open UTG and hit the jackpot.
    well yes obviously if you weight AK and KK+ the same it's a trivial shove....
    shove the fish has blockers a lot
    Now way I'm ever folding. If he's flatting with KK+ then make a note he's a retard and move on. If there's ever a board I want to hit bottom set, this is it. Shove.
    flatting with KK and AA is better than 3betting here sorry he is not a "retard"
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioRounder
    If he's flatting with KK+ then make a note he's a retard and move on. If there's ever a board I want to hit bottom set, this is it. Shove.
    um, what? What should he do instead? and why? 3-betting is ok too, obviously - but why is calling awful?

this decision is actually close given that villain is very decent. My UTG open/cbet AK3 range is very strong when there is a retard check-calling any ace in the sb, villain knows this.
    Retarded or not, and whether he has KK+ or not doesn't really matter. Are we ever behind enough here to consider a fold?
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioRounder
    Retarded or not, and whether he has KK+ or not doesn't really matter. Are we ever behind enough here to consider a fold?
    close, but i think no. If we weight the stove to only a few of the AK combos it gets interesting tho
    We're about dead even vs KK+ and AK on the flop. But if you add AQ in his range we're a 3:1 fav, but AQ is kinda meh. He may expect you to have AQ in this spot though (with him having AK) because he's not soul reading your set of 3s by a standard cbet. Ugh, this is actually a pretty sick spot now that I think about it. Still don't think I can find a fold tho.