2014 FTR Gauntlet Season XI: Game 8

US Players Allowed 2014 FTR Gauntlet Season XI: Game 8

Date: May 11, 2014
    Time: 4:00 PM ET (9:00 PM GMT)
    Structure: 3k starting chips @ 15/30, 10 minute blinds
    Late reg: 10 minutes
    Tourney id; 905894305

Welcome to game 8 of the Gauntlet XI!

The game can be accessed through the Home Game group only. Details on how to join can be found here.

Stay tuned for a bounty
    Gogogo. Hoping to see a few extra players today. We are nearing the halfway point and people might start needing points.
    will not give in. games in a terrabile state. funny how it goes. when cards are not with u your game suffers . giving up smoking don't help
    Quote Originally Posted by joker131 View Post
    will not give in. games in a terrabile state. funny how it goes. when cards are not with u your game suffers . giving up smoking don't help
    Anyone can play decent poker when they are getting good cards. Tommy Angelo talked about the rule of reciprocality. It is a good point.
    http://tommyangelo.com/articles/reciprocality/
    It gets fun when all hope is lost. You're faced with a choice - stop playing or play anyway and go wild, annoying those with something left to play for. I'd choose the latter option.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    fwiw keith busted before onga but tourney lobby says both 9th, no idea do whatever you want with that. also Tourney id #905894305
    Got busted again with trips against dneureiter´s full house!

http://www.boomplayer.com/pt/poker-h...139_60ACA45D83
    I started very well, but then I lost with KK against flush on the river. However, it was another gg. Congratulations for the winner.
    Small turnout. If anyone wants to make any changes maybe they should post in the Gauntlet main thread.
    KEITH BUSTED BEFORE ME, IT'S IMPORTANT EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THAT
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by dneureiter View Post
    fwiw keith busted before onga but tourney lobby says both 9th, no idea do whatever you want with that. also Tourney id #905894305
    Glad you remembered this, dneureiter. jyms is always needing the tourney id and I was going to start making it a procedure for me to post it each gauntlet game I play, and put it in the game thread.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn when to shut up.
    We both ranked 9th, so I think we'll be picking up equal points, which is fine. But if keith gets more than me, that's not right and I'll complain like a bitch about that. And boy can I complain when I get a strop on.
    ongies gonna ong
    actually i finished 9th out of 9. then there was a late reg and you finished 9th out of 10 putting you below me .
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Anyone can play decent poker when they are getting good cards. Tommy Angelo talked about the rule of reciprocality. It is a good point.
    http://tommyangelo.com/articles/reciprocality/
    What an awesome article. I have not seen an article so interesting since I learned about Degrees Of Freedom. Degrees Of Freedom have helped with my decisions in Open Face Poker mostly, but they apply to so many other things in our lives too. I will probably read the the
    reciprocality article 4 times since that is how I learn things of huge significance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    actually i finished 9th out of 9. then there was a late reg and you finished 9th out of 10 putting you below me .
    I have no idea how this works.

jyms should totally give us different points so we can argue about this over the coming months.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    Glad you remembered this, dneureiter. jyms is always needing the tourney id and I was going to start making it a procedure for me to post it each gauntlet game I play, and put it in the game thread.
    Actually I started adding it to the top of every game thread. I don't forget the numbers, I just haven't played so I haven't downloaded the results and the results page in home games doesn't show the ID number. I have fixed the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

jyms should totally give us different points so we can argue about this over the coming months.
    Actually, Ong was in first for about an hour because I put the game 7 results in the game one slot and erased game one where Ong didn't play. But I solved that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

Only the top 12 of 20 games count. All 12 of my top scores will have better than a ninth place finish, OngBonga, no need
    to worry for months about your 9th place or 10th place finish because it will be moot. I did see Keith as the only person
    knocked out posted in the lobby before the lobby got updated when you went out. OngBonga, you are in a very tight race with the Keith. You may be able to catch Keith, but I do not think I can.
    Last edited by eberetta1; 05-12-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Actually I started adding it to the top of every game thread. I don't forget the numbers, I just haven't played so I haven't downloaded the results and the results page in home games doesn't show the ID number. I have fixed the issue.
    would have been so funny if ongie had seen it and started crowing about leading .