Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

TT, cbet K44 flop, facing turn bet...

Default TT, cbet K44 flop, facing turn bet...

Im trying to get the hud to load up over my pt3 replayer which i know it can do, but its not doing it. SO lets pretend villain is like 20/10

MP2 ($28.44)
    Hero (CO) ($31.98)
    Button ($25.86)
    SB ($26.44)
    BB ($26.93)
    UTG ($28.44)
    MP1 ($13.98)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
    3 folds, Hero bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 4, 4, K (2 players)
    Hero bets $1, Button calls $1

Turn: ($3.85) 3 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $2.20, Hero ?

I think his calling cbets with all pp's and AK, KQ, KJ - so my cbet is value. when he bets his range is the same imo..so call? that really just leaves me with a c/f on river which isnt great.... what do you guys think
    my instict says bet/fold turn. to avoid C/C'ing turn and then being left fucking clueless when faced with a river bet ("is he bluffing? is he good enough to be able to see my hand after i up-turned it for him? would he do this with 55-99 because i almost never have a king here? or am i getting value-towned? arghghghghgghhh, etc). if he calls turn, C/F river.

that said, the above is a purely instinctive response. and i don't really have the time to attempt to do some poker problem-solving to justify it.
    IMO, if you already plan to c/f the river then why are you considering a call ott?
    Either fold, or c/r to try to knock him off his hand. The problem with the c/r is you're behind a lot of his range.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    check/raising here is really terrible imo. what hands are you trying to "knock him off"? ones that we have beat? or JJ,QQ? seems to accomplish nothing except value-towning the shit out of hero the times villain actually has a hand.
    ^^ I agree completely. What you wrote is a whole lot more detailed way of saying "...the problem with the c/r is..." Maybe I should have been a bit more detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    I mean if you check turn you can't fold but reads is pretty important here. There's times when I double barrel turn here or c/c or even c/f. I think I actually usually bet/fold turn here because of the situation you are in now. It's "easier" this way by making his range more unbalanced.
    You needed a plan for c-betting the flop - not just blindly betting because 'c-betting is right'

TBH - if i c-bet the flop im checking turn, c/c a bet and probably showing down as i think villain will like hands like 88/77 a lot here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiz View Post
    Im trying to get the hud to load up over my pt3 replayer which i know it can do, but its not doing it.
    Turn off hand import and it should pop up.
    You're right about a plan. tbh i had one, and it was to c/c non overcards, i cant remember why which is why i woudl've liked the hud. River is where i was confused, since i feel like i want to call again coz my BS detect was beeping, but really if he barrels im owned 9 times outa 10. he just seemed like the type of guy to float, i mightve had a read at the time.

also thanks openside