Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$6.50 Turbo. AJs hit top pair, facing an all-in

Default $6.50 Turbo. AJs hit top pair, facing an all-in

From what I had seen villain was quite loose. had seen him chase draws on 2 occasions also.

whats your play on the flop? what range are you putting villain on and why?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 6.5 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG+1 (t2665)
    MP1 (t1830)
    MP2 (t1415)
    CO (t775)
    Button (t1600)
    Hero (SB) (t1445)
    BB (t2165)
    UTG (t1605)

Hero's M: 19.27

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls t50, 4 folds, Hero bets t150, BB calls t100, UTG+1 calls t100

Flop: (t450) J, 5, 3 (3 players)
    Hero bets t200, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t2515 (All-In), Hero??
    if you want to raise make it 4x at least, OOP tax. I would usually just take a flop. Almost no one is limp folding here if that's what you were hoping, when people limp in EP they have a hand they want to play. Raising is fine too, we have the best hand usually and the stacks are shallow enough being OOP isn't the end of the world.

it doesn't really matter what he has because after you raise pre you are for sure getting it in with TPTK against anyone, let alone someone you think is loose. if not you are setting money on fire pre - what hand are you hoping to hit? He can have Jx, 5x, PPs, straight draw. Also while I like the bet size at these $ levels esp people may see it as weak since they don't think much about board texture.
    I agree with drmcboy, I make it 200 to go with the limper in front, and as played I call. If he limped in with QQ+ or has a set then good for him; your hand is way ahead of his range and I think he makes this massive overbet with lots of hands you beat.
    cheers. I called and he showed K-Jo. I'm trying to work on putting villains on ranges but as drmcboy states it doesnt matter on this hand as I'm calling anyway, especially at these stakes.