Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Operation : Silver star and clear 10NL+ learn full ring

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland
    hey Keith, damn your swings. They're as high as they are low and vice versa! Me, i never ever ever get 10nl heaters... but then the same goes for extended coolers. I do get periods of only winning tiny amounts, that's my poker karma.

Say, could you be a doll and pm me some details about that 6max points thingy you mentioned?

did you do the UK and Ireland freeroll? i did, just finished about 3500th out of 10.4k people to win $8. Are are MTT that good? paying first 60% of players?
    damm was that tonight? played one qualifier a couple of weeks ago and qualified and forgot about it .
    So with the downswing I'm in and after last night , Ive been doing a lot of thinking and this ties in to setting some goals for this month. Next couple of months for me are going to be busy work wise and will probably only get limited amounts of time available to play poker.Then at the end of september /early october second child is due , so I might get a restricted amount or if on the night shift may get more time to play.

Last month was partly influenced by this . I wanted to see exactly how much I could play and how many hands I could get in in a month.With the introduction of the new VPP 6 max tables I could see that it was going to be possible to achieve a 'proper' silver star rather than the easy one I got before. Thought it might last two months like the last one as well , but no such luck.Part of this achieving silver involved me playing 4 tables for a lot of the month as well.

In retrospect , I think it harmed my poker , while I had some good nights 4 tabling I had some bad ones as well.I noticed that I wasn't really getting time to get reads on players or time to take notes before the caret got nicked by the next table.I accepted this as part of the challenge of gettingthe number of hands in but it was strictly limited to last month .....well last night as well.Gobbatino alluded to this when he asked if retaining silver was worth carrying on for. It was a goal that I had set for myself and I was so close to achieving it even if it was at the expense of the bankroll.

Another thing that I must admit is that I was not playing under the best conditions. I was very often tired in the mornings having played til 2AM then woken at about 7am by my 3year old.My wife often commented that she was worried about how tired I was especially as i didn't usually get home til 8.30 , had a sandwich ,bit of talk and watch telly for an hour then hit the tables about 10pm.Looking at the effect on last months graph it probably explains the levelling off of the graph through the month as I got more fatigued and then developed bad habits as a result which resulted in the doom switch at the end of the month.

Since theres absolutely no way that I'll get the number of hands in this month to retain silver , retaining silver is not a goal. My main focus this month must be to improve the quality of my play not the quantity. What I really want to do is to watch a poker video before I start each session.Hopefully this should get me thinking in the correct way and take some of the ideas mentioned in each video into that session to work on.
    The next goal is that I'm going to be setting myself a deadline so that midnight will be bedtime.If I'm not tired I should start making better decisions and help with concentration.It should also help with family life and help to allay my wifes subtle fears that I'm getting addicted to gambling. I don't think I am , I see the challenge in improving the way that I play not necessarily the $$$ signs or heading off down the bookies for a wager. I've not put any money into poker. My roll is entirely generated from freerolls then using the winnings at the cash tables. I made a promise that I would not be putting my own money on the tables when I started playing and that is MY gold standard. If I go bust then it will be back to freerolling ..( or a funded account probably).Preferably though I'll get to the stage where I can start withdrawing and spending some of the profits on my family.

The next thing i'm going to do is go back to 3 tabling. 4 tabling was OK , but I definately felt as though I was being rushed, especially if a couple of tables had a decision to be made at the same time . I need to focus on the oponents and get better reads and take more notes.

Since my focus is now on learning , I'd love it if any higher stakes players would let me sit in and watch one of there sessions and discuss why they are taking certain lines.No need to feel obligated to watch and comment on my play , i'd just be pleased to have the chance to watch others play.I'd definately also want to do more sweats with gobbatino, rob , andy and MOn C .....maybe clavacva as well if he's reading this.Being a farmer with harvest imminent, work is going to be dictated around the weather so arranging these could be dificult.
    As time is limited to me this month , a grinderschool sub will be wasted , but my aim is that next month,roll permitting I'll take out a 3 month subscription to grinderschool hopefully so that i'll be ready to move up to 25NL when the roll permits.I may take up the 7 day free trials at poker savvy+ and deuces cracked though this month to try and learn some more.

I'd like to try and become a more rounded player as well , This may well involve a bit of experimentation playing full ring. The benfits of this is that it should force me to tighten up . I'm an action junkie but my style is high variance. Hopefully playing some full ring will force me to become more disciplined and can only be good for me in the long run.
    No doubt I'll think of some more things to add to this as I go through the month , but it gives me a framework to start and flesh out for the month.
    Hadn't read this until today, missed it somehow. Good luck with everything man. I'm definitely up for some more sweat sessions when you have the time.

It's cool that you're setting goals outside of x amount of hands or x amount of $$.

Full ring will kill you after playing 6max. Not saying it's a bad idea to try out, but I did a couple thousand hands at the end of last month and I was 6 tabling and still scratching my balls half the time - it's really slow after being used to 6max, especially for an action junkie like yourself. :P I do think tightening up a bit would be good for your overall game though, so from that point of view, it's a good idea imo.

Anyhoo, gl with the harvest.
    well I think I can say that I'm officially pissed off . Down 96$ for the month and can't seem to hit a hand> If I do its a really scary board so that I'm not sure if I'm ahead or villain wont put any decent amount of money in.Roll is now at 402$. Stats wise i'm playing 28/18 overall and my fold to 3bet this month is now up to 67%.
    First, don't play until you're cooled off man. Playing pissed off (on tilt) will only fook your BR up.

Imo you need to tighten up more. Bring down your VPIP to like 22-24 or even lower if you can. Stop playing with so many marginal hands, if you were doing so at all.

Remember what all (most?) the people who beat the micros say, TAG ABC poker wins the micros.

GL, poke me for a sweat when you have time!
    You saw what happened the last time we sweated , got the money in thinking we were well ahead of the fish and they turn over the only hand that beats me time after time. Most of my big losses are with premium hands . Maybe its cos I can fold the junk and get coolered with my premiums / can't fold them.

ok ....last nights damage
    xizaniels finished with stats of 34/12/1.5. This is a line thats cost me a lot ...but I still won't frikkin learn.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
    6 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG mikimiki88 ($10.95)
    UTG+1 kidacao ($12.90)
    CO Lefty-72501 ($6.15)
    BTN kazm1936 ($10.00)
    SB Hero ($10.20)
    BB xizaniels ($10.45)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB
    2 folds, Lefty-72501 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.60, xizaniels calls $0.50, Lefty-72501 folds

Flop: ($1.30, 2 players)
    Hero bets $1, xizaniels raises to $3, Hero goes all-in $9.60, xizaniels calls $6.60

Turn: ($20.50 , 2 players )

River: ($20.50, 2 players)

Final Pot: $20.50
    Hero shows:
    xizaniels shows:

xizaniels wins $19.50 ( won +$9.30 )
    Lefty-72501 lost -$0.10
    Hero lost -$10.20
    -------------------------------------------------------

This hand had me going WTF? villain is 58/3/2.9 bets the river 38% ofthe time WTSD 36% and W$SD is 36%.
    pre I misclicked and meant to make it 50 rather than 40. Flop when he lead weak and called large raise I wondered what he had , Flush draw , two Pair , Jx maybe straight draw . The turn didn't help his hand as far as I could tellyet he leads again . I thought I had decent showdown value so called. With the river I couldn't see that anyone would have called my flop raise and led turn with 2x.flush draws missed ,straight draws missed , if he'd made a boat I would have expected a shove and thought he was bluffing or a weak two pair.

6 players

Stacks:
    UTG angsuelin ($5.60)
    UTG+1 nyyy1927 ($10.00)
    CO Hero ($15.75)
    BTN Swanny101 ($9.50)
    SB mikimiki88 ($16.00)
    BB vilrus ($9.75)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO
    angsuelin calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, angsuelin calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players)
    angsuelin bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.90, angsuelin calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.75, 2 players)
    angsuelin bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($4.55, 2 players)
    angsuelin bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

Final Pot: $8.35
    angsuelin shows:
    Hero shows:

angsuelin wins $7.95 ( won +$3.85 )
    Hero lost -$4.10

-------------------------------------------------------------
    this hand was against an agro player 13.8% 3bet pre and was 3 betting virtually every hand i raised until I 4 bet him and he folded. 38/19/3, 31 ATS and only folds his blinds 25% ofthe time, 50% bet river. On the flop with 15 outs , should this have been a shove ? I went for check call to see If I could hit my draws
    6 players

Stacks:
    UTG Hero ($11.60)
    UTG+1 texmex999 ($23.60)
    CO grizzly6566 ($13.10)
    BTN nyyy1927 ($10.00)
    SB Kickers1979 ($17.05)
    BB dajvedHehe ($6.35)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG
    Hero raises to $0.40, texmex999 calls $0.40, 4 folds

Hero checks, texmex999 bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($2.95, 2 players)
    Hero checks, texmex999 bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($6.95, 2 players)
    Hero checks, texmex999 checks

Final Pot: $6.95
    Hero shows:
    texmex999 shows:

texmex999 wins $6.65 ( won +$3.25 )
    Hero lost -$3.40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    these are situations I seem to be running into a lot lately .

villain is 54/11/1.3 bet river 50% and this was it i.e 1 of 2 times. River card was worst one going Ax,9x and he has me beat , flushs have come in as well.
    6 players

Stacks:
    UTG dajvedHehe ($6.35)
    UTG+1 Hero ($14.10)
    CO texmex999 ($23.60)
    BTN grizzly6566 ($10.70)
    SB nyyy1927 ($10.00)
    BB Kickers1979 ($17.15)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1
    dajvedHehe says "yeah u know grizzly is bronzestar!!!!", 1 fold, dajvedHehe says "and proud", Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, grizzly6566 calls $0.40, 2 folds

Hero bets $0.60, grizzly6566 calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15, 2 players)
    Hero bets $1.50, grizzly6566 calls $1.50

River: ($5.15, 2 players)
    Hero checks, grizzly6566 bets $1.10, Hero folds

Final Pot: $5.15

grizzly6566 wins $6 ( won +$2.40 )
    Hero lost -$2.50
    -------------------------------------------
    this hand swanny is 15/11/inf 62 hands.min raise to my flop lead just stank of either AA KK QQ or he hit his set

4 players

Stacks:
    CO Swanny101 ($9.85)
    BTN vilrus ($9.40)
    SB nyyy1927 ($10.00)
    BB Hero ($11.35)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is BB
    Swanny101 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, Swanny101 calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.45, 2 players)
    Hero bets $1.20, Swanny101 raises to $2.40, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.85

Swanny101 wins $5.85 ( won +$2.25 )
    Hero lost -$2.40
    1 is fine, 2 you need to raise turn, 3 you need to bet/3bet flop, 4 i like to see a call given sick odds, and his bet looks like a lower 2p. 5, bet a bit more on the flop and fold is fine. sometimes i check flop too, but not often
    Keep in mind that stats don't translate to wins and losses. Avoid trying to "fix" stats that you think are bad. Instead, focus on the play that is best and let the stats fall wherever they may. I think the concept of analyzing stats and trying to hit a target of some kind is highly overrated - especially at smaller stakes. Game dynamics and good decision making will dictate what your stats are.
    - Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Keep in mind that stats don't translate to wins and losses. Avoid trying to "fix" stats that you think are bad. Instead, focus on the play that is best and let the stats fall wherever they may. I think the concept of analyzing stats and trying to hit a target of some kind is highly overrated - especially at smaller stakes. Game dynamics and good decision making will dictate what your stats are.
    I think the stats that I'm trying to fix are leaks that have been costing me over time. I was calling way to many 3 bets ....although some of the min 3bets I don't really consider as 3bets.Also I think that I do have to tighten up but have just looked at my pos stats and apart from SB they don't look too bad in terms of vpip/pfr. Set% or lack of them I guess tells another story .

seem to be some hands missing though ....will look on my main puter when i get home tonight
    Highest VP is small blind. Yeuuch, gross.

These are the same issues you had when your roll was first at $400. You just don't like tightening up.

FWIW, getting forced to put AA all in on a dry flop is about (thinks)... 75% asking to lose a buy-in. Apart from complete 85/6 idiots, decent raises on flops are very strong hands. Or decent raises in general.

What are you calling 3bets with? be very careful with 3bet calling. Do it when full stacked and holding just about any pair. But not if the table/villain is 3bet happy coz you wont' hit often enough. I used to suffer from not leaving a horrible table. Take it personally etc. see if you're doing that. You have a cunt to your right/left? keeps giving you shit and you can not hit against him. Think about leaving.

Play one table and don't open a second table until you really feel like you know the players (not just their stats). Then stay at two for a while until you know both tables well. Only then think about opening a third. And no more than that. And fuck silver star for FUCK sake. Forget these star rating things until at LEAST 25. Probably 50nl if you're part time.

Drop down to 5nl for a while, grind some more cash and some more confidence.

I really feel like all of the above is sound advice and hate to sound egotistical or like i know my shit, coz i don't, yet i do strongly feel that you would do well to think well on them. They're not complex maths nor do they involve detailed homework. Just some basic housekeeping.

And get the FUCK out of those blinds. Fold mofo.
    I think wonderland hit a couple of your major leaks smack in the face. Tighten up, table select better. QFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxiu
    1 is fine, 2 you need to raise turn, 3 you need to bet/3bet flop, 4 i like to see a call given sick odds, and his bet looks like a lower 2p. 5, bet a bit more on the flop and fold is fine. sometimes i check flop too, but not often
    As a general theme does this tie in with a low agg in the stast I posted above and I need to get more aggressive post flop. As far as leaving tables ....this is something I really have to start doing . People start seeing me fold to wggression then all of a sudden all i find is that someone going all in on me all the time.
    Here is an example of what happens when you play two tables. I had been watching this guy (which probably wouldn't have happened if i were 4 or maybe even 3 tabling).

note: this hand isn't played very well as SUCH but my reasoning behind playing my hand is the important thing:

5 players

Stacks:
    UTG eberr ($41.45)
    CO marnoek ($10.95)
    BTN BILL TAL ($4.20)
    SB kniachdei ($8.90)
    BB Hero ($13.60)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB
    1 fold, marnoek raises to $0.40, 2 folds,

I look at my notes on him which read:
    "get it all in with TPWK on paired board."

... and so i call.

Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players)
    Hero bets $0.55, marnoek calls $0.55

I decide to see what happens on the turn and think about raising where appropriate. Here i want to go for a check raise, depending on his bet size. I feel he COULD be strong here with AJ and i get nervous, so just c/c.

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players)
    Hero checks, marnoek bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

Same here. I still suspect he may have AJ (one of my failings is assuming someone is playing the top of their range all the time) so i decide to c/c.

River: ($5.75, 2 players)
    Hero checks, marnoek bets $2, Hero calls $2

Final Pot: $9.75
    marnoek shows:
    Hero shows:

Hero wins $9.30 ( won +$4.45 )
    marnoek lost -$4.85

------

Had i not been playing fewer tables, like i say, i would have folded pre. I make a lot of notes usually. Had i been a little more gutsy i could have taken his stack i think. I think you would have anyways.
    nah I disagree , I'd have folded that pre anyway
    as played
    flop ..... pot 85 bet 70
    turn pot 2.25 probably bet 1.80 if he raises shove
    river pot 5.85 his stack 8.45 probably bet 5$ and call shove
    so you've probably been wondering what I've been doing. Well sorta sitting back and watching vids and a bit of a 2NL FR mini op. Found a free vid site and been watching some full ring tutorial.had 4£ on VC poker so fired four tables up and been playing that . got it up to £10 in about 700 hands. then blew of $5.22 tonight with two cracked full houses accounting for most of it on a table I played 14/12 on. Hand converter doesnt seem to want to work with output from HEM so ........

About to fall off the bottom of the page so time for a quick update. still busy with work but managing to get a few hands in . withdrew 100$ from William hill and took advantage of the reload bonus at stars. that bumped the roll up to 500$ but I'm discounting the extra 100. played some 10NL 6 max night before last and managed to blow 15$ KK twice lost a stack and won one back with AA.
    last night was weird , up 20$ on each of two tables and lost a stack on a third , closed that then lost stack and a half on the next tbale I opened. Still managed to bag a net gain of 1.5 BI so back where I started at approx 500 (400) .
    Thought I posted this yesterday...but hadn't ..lol.....oh well last night 380 hands for +$2.40. Feleling better about my play generally and two winning sessions back to back help , but I'm still spewing too much.

ok and who broke the forum??????
    ok ....so FT have this take 2 promotion running . Play 25 days this month and earn 1FTP each day and get a 50$ bonus . Had $79 of freeroll winings there so thought WTF few minutes each day and double the bankroll by playing 2NL FR.

anyway pawned 2NL FR for 90bb/100 and with the bankroll at $109.59 (+5$ bonus) movin on up to 5NL FR
    nh
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($6.59)
    UTG+1 ($5.42)
    MP1 ($4.98)
    MP2 ($5.23)
    MP3 ($5.42)
    CO ($4.29)
    Button ($5)
    SB ($2.48)
    Hero (BB) ($10.73)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 6
    UTG bets $0.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.62) A, 6, 4 (3 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.95, UTG calls $0.75, MP2 calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.47) 8 (3 players)
    Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20, MP2 calls $1.20

River: ($7.07) 10 (3 players)
    Hero bets $2.55, UTG calls $2.55, MP2 calls $2.55

Total pot: $14.72 | Rake: $0.98

Question I have about this hand ....Was the river a good value bet or potentially spew into two opponents when the flush potentially completes. I was surprised they both called the flop check raise. Should my turn bet have been bigger? Didn't want to fold out poor Ax hands , but I think it was pricingn in the flush draws to see the river.
    Turn bet needs to be bigger say $2.60-3.00. No need to worry about them folding AX here anyway. Look at how they played flop more than likely they are coming along. That bet gave them almost 4:1 to chase the flush. River, again bet sizing needs to be quite a bit more. $5-6 atleast.
    good hand for those people who don't understand why position is important - think about the lines you can take here on the button vs in the BB. If anyone asks about position when you're in IRC, link them to this hand.

Ok. Preflop is good. Flop is diffcult, you have two options = donk or check-raise. You took one of them. That is fine.

Turn betsizing is gross. Without reads we know that the flush draw is less likely than often because the flush ace is on the board. But people like to call SCS too. Also consider that UTG must quite like his hand to be calling the flop CR, and that MP is getting huge odds on any draw if UTG calls. Think about the Ax combos. AJ+ is likely to call a bigger bet. A6/A4/A8 are obviously coming along. A5/A7 are often calling TP+GSSD. Bet the turn a lot bigger, especially considering that about half the deck sucks for you on the river. And especially considering that you are unable to fold a set if a horror river card comes - your river play as proof
    I dunno I prolly just c/r a bit larger and shove turn, since no Ace is folding and no FD is folding.
    Ich grolle nicht...
    I have to admit .. I got greedy ...... bet the turn at a price that I thought would get them both to call. once they called then it would be easy shove and get them all in .....but hit the flush card .
    Time for an update i guess. Still busy as hell at work , and been playing take 2 all month mainly just to clear the bonus , but also in a way to start over . First time round I was rolled for 5NL so more or less started playing at 5NL with very little 2NL experience. I cleared 2NL nicely but floundered somewhat at 5NL . I also advised my wife on her FTP account trying to teach her how to play cash games. we started with her 15$ of freeroll winnings and by the end of the month it was up to about 57$ and 50$ bonus to add. I must admit to a great deal of satisfaction in telling her how to take such a small starting roll to effectively clearing 2NL in a month. Even more so as for a lot of the month we were only playing sufficient hands to get the necessary 1 point to qualify for the bonus.will probably post the graphs tomorrow when i get a bit more time.
    Following on from the last update you may be wondering why I aint done the graphs today. Well i sort of alluded to having something to say today in the GS sub thread the other day.

So, it is with great pleasure that I want to tell you guys that our second child was born this morning at 10.05 am GMT .Its a baby girl weighing in at 8lbs 8oz. Due to complications it was a planned c section 2 weeks early under general anaesthetic, so as a result I was in the hospital all day being a dad/nurse. Mum and baby are both doing well. I did find out that FTR is blocked on the patientline internet/TV bdside consoles as a result of being gambling related .
    Wow!

Congrats Keith! Best wishes to you and your family!

Some things are more important than September graphs
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    Great stuff, congrats sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgers
    Wow!

Congrats Keith! Best wishes to you and your family!

Some things are more important than September graphs
    BLASPHEMY!

Also, in 16 years, can i use your daughter as an avatar?
    Pretty much crushes any significant event I've ever had :P Congratulations man...News like this is so great to hear.
    Ich grolle nicht...
    thanks guys (dranger - they say she looks just like me so are you sure?????)
    started off with 2NL FR then moved up to 5NL FR + 6max donked off the 2 nl profits , moved back down and got back to 5NL level

Showed wife how to play 2nl, what to play and why . Started off with $13 of freeroll winnings .With the take 2 bonus shes now rolled for 5NL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_MM
    So, it is with great pleasure that I want to tell you guys that our second child was born this morning at 10.05 am GMT .Its a baby girl weighing in at 8lbs 8oz. Due to complications it was a planned c section 2 weeks early under general anaesthetic, so as a result I was in the hospital all day being a dad/nurse. Mum and baby are both doing well.
    grats x a million!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_MM
    I did find out that FTR is blocked on the patientline internet/TV bdside consoles as a result of being gambling related .
    censorship, imo, let them babies GAMBOOOOOOL
    got to stop this blog falling off the bottom of page 1 and hopefully will soon get time to keep up with this more often as work gets less over winter.
    memorable hand of last night was first time that I can remember raising and folding AA on the flop, many a time this would have been a call all in and silent swearing.
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($4.66)
    SB ($6.15)
    BB ($9.95)
    UTG ($15.99)
    Hero (MP1) ($9.13)
    MP2 ($4.75)
    CO ($5.16)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
    1 fold, Hero bets $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.80) 6, Q, 10 (4 players)
    SB bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1, MP2 calls $1, SB calls $0.70, BB raises to $9.75 (All-In), Hero folds, MP2 calls $3.55 (All-In), 1 fold

Turn: ($11.90) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($11.90) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $11.90 | Rake: $0.79

Results:
    BB had 10, 10 (full house, tens over sixes).
    MP2 had 9, J (two pair, Jacks and sixes).
    Outcome: BB won $11.11
    arghhhh hand from tonight.
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($6.74)
    UTG ($5.52)
    Button ($1)
    SB ($4.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K
    UTG bets $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) A, 3, 10 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.82) J (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $6.34 (All-In), UTG calls $4.62 (All-In)

River: ($11.06) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $11.06 | Rake: $0.73

Results:
    Hero had Q, K (straight, Ace high).
    UTG had J, J (full house, Jacks over threes).
    Outcome: UTG won $10.33

and a lol hand.....had seen this guy open shoving 66 for $20 so thoughjt i was ahead of his range
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($9.52)
    Hero (Button) ($5)
    SB ($1)
    BB ($15.33)
    UTG ($5.10)
    UTG+1 ($5)
    MP1 ($5)
    MP2 ($2.17)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
    5 folds, Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, BB raises to $15.33 (All-In), Hero calls $4.80 (All-In)

Flop: ($10.02) Q, 9, J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($10.02) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($10.02) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $10.02 | Rake: $0.66

Results:
    Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and Jacks).
    BB had 10, 9 (two pair, Jacks and nines).
    Outcome: Hero won $9.36
    ok , so its a bit late but this was Octobers 5NL FR graph in my mini op.

now playing 10NL and did a short session this morning that was brutal on suckouts. Started off with this hand and was pretty standard and now complaints about this.
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($2)
    CO ($9.20)
    Button ($4.54)
    SB ($1.90)
    BB ($1.90)
    UTG ($4.95)
    Hero (MP1) ($10.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J
    1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $1.90 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($3.90) 4, Q, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($3.90) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($3.90) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $3.90 | Rake: $0.26

Results:
    SB had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
    Hero had J, J (one pair, Jacks).
    Outcome: SB won $3.64

then had this hand against a 40/11 . He called a three bet OOP and then check raised the 3 bettors pot sized bet all in with an underpair.?????? OK so I'll make money all day long normallly against players this bad but arghhhhh the turn.
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($5.01)
    BB ($2)
    UTG ($3.60)
    UTG+1 ($10.58)
    MP1 ($10)
    MP2 ($10.31)
    MP3 ($10.70)
    CO ($11.01)
    Hero (Button) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
    2 folds, MP1 bets $0.35, 2 folds, CO calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.40, 3 folds, CO calls $1.05

Flop: ($3.30) 5, 9, 9 (2 players)
    CO checks, Hero bets $3, CO raises to $9.61 (All-In), Hero calls $5.60 (All-In)

Turn: ($20.50) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($20.50) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.50 | Rake: $1.36

Results:
    Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and nines).
    CO had 4, 4 (full house, fours over nines).
    Outcome: CO won $19.14

then to sum up the session this was against an 83/4 a few minutes later.
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($14.20)
    Hero (UTG+1) ($14.54)
    MP1 ($19.54)
    MP2 ($1.78)
    MP3 ($24.17)
    CO ($19.93)
    Button ($6.48)
    SB ($7.20)
    BB ($8.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J, J
    1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 5 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.08) 7, 2, 5 (2 players)
    SB bets $1.08, Hero calls $1.08

Turn: ($3.24) 5 (2 players)
    SB bets $3.24, Hero raises to $6.48, SB calls $2.46 (All-In)

River: ($14.64) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $14.64 | Rake: $0.97

Results:
    SB had 7, Q (full house, sevens over fives).
    Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and sevens).
    Outcome: SB won $13.67

so 160 hand session had JJ 4 times losing 3 all ins and took the blinds with the other one.
    so had another suckout last night for a stack and this is the effect on the graph for the month. Be nice to get some suckouts in my favour to balance things up a bit. 1500 hands yesterday and apart from the suckouts was starting to feel confident at 10NL FR.
    grrrr it continues , started off with this hand against a 20/7 over 182 hands.
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($8.70)
    Button ($9.79)
    SB ($8.95)
    BB ($12.83)
    UTG ($10)
    Hero (MP1) ($12.94)
    MP2 ($19.72)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q
    1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) J, 6, 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.80, Button raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($4.15) 2 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $2.40, Hero raises to $10.94 (All-In), Button calls $5.39 (All-In)

River: ($19.73) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $19.73 | Rake: $1.31

Results:
    Button had A, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
    Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
    Outcome: Button won $18.42

followed by this hand against a 67/17
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($20.49)
    CO ($16.61)
    Button ($5.99)
    SB ($11.69)
    Hero (BB) ($10.63)
    UTG ($10.45)
    UTG+1 ($11.58)
    MP1 ($10.13)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
    Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.41) 5, J, 7 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP1 raises to $2.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($6.21) 9 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets $7.31 (All-In), Hero calls $7.31

River: ($20.83) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.83 | Rake: $1.38

Results:
    Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
    MP1 had A, J (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
    Outcome: MP1 won $19.45

and rounded off with this hand against a 32/0/0.5 on a pot limit table where he called a 3bet and 3betters PSB all the way and hit one of his 6 outs on the river with the majority of the money in.
    Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10)
    UTG ($18.77)
    UTG+1 ($19.94)
    MP1 ($9.87)
    MP2 ($20.17)
    CO ($12.41)
    Button ($10.15)
    Hero (SB) ($18.08)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
    UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP2 bets $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $1, MP2 calls $0.80

Flop: ($3.40) 6, 10, 8 (3 players)
    Hero bets $3.40, UTG calls $3.40, 1 fold

Turn: ($10.20) 6 (2 players)
    Hero bets $10.20, UTG calls $10.20

River: ($30.60) 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets $3.38 (All-In), UTG calls $3.38

Total pot: $37.36 | Rake: $2

Results:
    Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and sixes).
    UTG had 9, 9 (straight, ten high).
    Outcome: UTG won $35.36

so net effect is I'm running 8 buyins below all in EV and that doesnt count the AA hand properly cos the last 3$ was only a fraction of the total that went in while i was ahead.
    Hey bro, good to see you're still around and at it mate. Keep it up!
    guess i ought to update this . Been back at 10NL 6max and realising that my game had turned to shit . turned way to passive and getting pushed off pots . Oh well , i'm working on it .
    Reason for the update was that i played the uk_ireland $3333 freeroll last night .......well it was a table tucked away largely forgotten about for the first 2 1/2 hours whilst i concentrated on my 5 tables of 6max .made the top 900 and cashed so started to give it a slight bit more attention. when i got to the top hundred saw a sweat buddy was online and he railed me .........busted out in 8th place for $67 when the blinds and antes were brutal 10k ante per hand 50k/100k blinds and stack was 500k.shoved k5 called by QT and he hit Q.

Default OPeration: gold star + clear 25nl :10nl cleared

been awhile . Turned my game around since that freeroll final table.tried a shot at 25nl at 600 and had some bad beats and dropped back down to 10nl. What i learnt at 25nl inthat shot though improved me as a 10nl player and moved back up at $750. Been a roller coaster taking some major bad beats but havent had to drop down. I did consider it after a -$112 day that were mainly due to bad luck and bad beats.Was back to break even then stars introduced the new tables and play changed form that which i was adapted to.

Last night was hopefully a turning point though.For anyone interested the roller coaster is in my other blog that i've been keeping more up to date. Had to rescue this one from page 5!!!.

Message Board - Keiths Blog

it would seem that i can make money at 25nl . Actually felt comfortable tonight..Ran well and these 20bb tables can be profitable

this is the graph for the night , initial drops were KK<AA all in pre and a suckout. Had some suckouts on some 20bb tables as well so graph could have been a lot better. Played the session with 2 100 bb tables and 2 of the 20bb tables .
    Last edited by Keith; 04-17-2010 at 07:31 AM.