Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

kmizzles and XTdonk stop being lazy

Default kmizzles and XTdonk stop being lazy

XTR1k (11:39:52 PM): should be reviewing hands but im too lazy
    kmind71 (11:40:17 PM): join the club
    kmind71 (11:40:22 PM): we should stop being lazy imo
    XTR1k (11:41:03 PM): yea, we should
    XTR1k (11:41:07 PM): lets start tomorrow
    kmind71 (11:41:25 PM): i'm down...let's start posting hands with our thought processes or some shit
    XTR1k (11:42:03 PM): cool
    kmind71 (11:42:34 PM): we should start prop betting or something
    XTR1k (11:43:00 PM): what you wanna bet on?
    kmind71 (11:44:06 PM): something to do wtih reviewing/posting hands or something? something to make sure we're actually giving it our all with regards to studying
    XTR1k (11:44:52 PM): two hands/day on FTR with full analysis
    XTR1k (11:45:22 PM): including ranges for every street and stoveaments
    kmind71 (11:46:37 PM): nice i'm up for that...quick problem though, i'm out of town without internet access sometimes...is there a way to allow this? maybe we don't put any money into this but we try to force each other somehow
    XTR1k (11:47:09 PM): haha, yea I cant afford much betting anyway being on a stake
    XTR1k (11:47:22 PM): the punishment will be public embarassment on FTR
    kmind71 (11:47:54 PM): yeah i'm definitely down for that
    kmind71 (11:50:59 PM): hha yeah...alright how should we be embarrassed?
    XTR1k (11:51:26 PM): idk
    XTR1k (11:51:52 PM): we get to choose the other guys avatar for a two week period or so
    kmind71 (11:52:05 PM): hahaha alright sounds good
    XTR1k (11:52:13 PM): great
    kmind71 (11:53:39 PM): hmm how should we do this because sometiems i won't have internet access...i'd estimate 6 days top a month i won't have internet access...maybe we can miss 5 days but after that we're fucked?
    XTR1k (11:54:21 PM): yea, like 25 days/month or so should be fine
    kmind71 (11:54:52 PM): ok cool i can agree to that

It´s on!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    xtr stand for exotic tranny retards
    yo
    haha good luck guys. You guys posting hands in your blogs or in the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Cheers Griffey!

We are supposed to post here, just to have a it all nicely bundled.
    yo
    Here it goes.

#1 Hooray for butchering this one. I dont know what happened, but him opening 6x did throw me off. At this point the villian is relatively unknown, seems fairly loose PF. I didn´t know what to make of his raise sizing, but I read strength in it, hence flatting to not isolate myself vs an entirely dominating range. I assume {66+,ATs+,KQs,AQo+,56s+} a decent opening range? I do okay vs that range, but 3betting will create a fairly strong range vs which we´d be playing oop. If he realizes how tight people 3bet EP/MP opens from the blinds 3betting may well makes his life considerably easier.

Flop is the best I could hope for. It´s fairly dry and hits the lower part of his range. We can´t rep much by check raising apart from 67s, 66, 77, so c/r can probably get some Jx to spazz and a call off TT, 99, 89. In order to c/c he must be barreling more turn himself than he´d be calling a raise with and that´s where the lack of reads somes into play. I think when in doubt I should rather go for the more aggressive option and in this case it seems like definetly the better answer: We are less likely to make incorrect folds on overcard turns and prevent him from checking back the weaker part of his range on turn.

As played the turn is like the worse in the deck, it improves a lot of his weaker made hands and should discourage bluffs from overcards, hence leading out would be best to keep QJ+ from checking back.

River is just retarded. During the had I figured I could get a call off Jx, but my range is considerably strong with how the board rolled out. Not to mention he´s almost never raising a weaker hand for value or try to bluff me off JT+.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($92.90)
    BB ($51.30)
    UTG ($59.90)
    MP ($65.90)
    Button ($65.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
    1 fold, UTG bets $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($6.25) 6, 7, J (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($15.25) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($15.25) 9 (2 players)
    Hero bets $9, UTG raises $20, Hero calls $11

#2 Early into the table villian sat down few hands ago with a stack of 36.37 or so. I have no reads, I do categorize him as potentially loose-passive solely b/c of his stack. For the sake of the argument let´s assume he actually is the fishy 36/5 type, because I do run into these spots a million times per 100 hands and these spots make my red line look gay.

Preflop is absolutely standard. In this situation I´m opening broadways and Aces and rarely sc´s and small pp´s.

Flop is where the trouble starts. As long I dont know how exatly he responds to cbets I c/f this flop a fair %. If I do bet, then theres a lot he could take a turn with {99-22,A6s-A2s,K6s,87s,65s,43s,A6o-A2o,87o,65o} and maybe even bare overs. Not counting the overs he folds appr. 50% to 70% of his initial range so cbetting seems fine(assuming 30% preflop call)

Turn Whatever he called the flop with, he won´t fold much of it on this turn card, so Id be better off c/f´ing.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($61.25)
    Hero (SB) ($50)
    BB ($36.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A
    1 fold, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 6, 5, 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8) 8 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, BB raises $10
    yo
    1. Preflop raiser is playing 27/19 over only 27 hands. No reads obviously but the other dude is a very passive fish who has shown to limp often in the few hands he's played. I give the CO some credit and predict a range of something like 22+/AT+/T9s+/broadways. I call with the assumption that the fish will call too.

Flop I hit big. I'm willing to felt this vs. either play. The fish can have ANY Q and some higher J. He can also have straight draws or flush draws. I'd imagine he would have a lot of Axdd. This flop hits the CO pretty well but I have a ton of blockers against QQ/JJ so I just assume he'd go to war with more than that and would probably also have to have a draw or AQ to actually felt it. Probably KQ too considering all the draws in my range. I feel like leading out is best to build a big pot vs. either/both of the players. I think I should have bet much more like 2.50. After flop I think he has KQ/QT/T9/gut shots/flush draws/AK.

Turn is weird. It can only really help him if he has QT or AK. Mayyyybe if he calls flop with JT but I think that's rare. He can still obviously have QQ/JJ/QJ in his range but meh. I think AA/KK rr flop. When he raises turn I think he has AK/QT/JT (like rarely ever)/AdTd. Against this range I am a 47% dog. Keep in mind JT is very doubtful but I included it. I think a shove is mandatory with all the dead money and everything. I can't do that math right now but need to learn.

Code:
    Board: Jd Qd 2h Tc
    Dead:  

equity 	win 	tie 	      pots won 	pots tied	
    Hand 0: 	53.370%  	53.37% 	00.00% 	           681 	        0.00   { AKs, AdTd, QTs, JTs, AKo, QTo, JTo }
    Hand 1: 	46.630%  	46.63% 	00.00% 	           595 	        0.00   { QsJs }

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($27.18)
    MP ($5)
    CO ($25.46)
    Button ($26)
    Hero (SB) ($28.95)
    BB ($25.92)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, J
    UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO bets $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.90, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.25) J, Q, 2 (3 players)
    Hero bets $2, 1 fold, CO calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 10 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, CO raises to $11.25

2. Here's a hand that I am using to just slap myself in the face. Uncalled for play and needs to be ridiculed for my own sake. Over 150 hands villain was positionally aware regardless of stack size and folded to 3bets 33% which was 1 out of 3 times. His opening range is probably 45% or so which one can figure out a good enough range for that like 22+/Ax+/K9s+/45s+/46s+/45o+,etc. I do expect him to call (then wtf at 3bet I know) but I intend to cbet many flops as he had folded 2 flops when 3bet before.

Flop gives me top pair but kind of scares me because I'm OOP and not really sure what turn/river card would screw me. I'm pretty sure I should just check. He wasn't aggressive so I get scared c/c but can I c/f? To be honest I just bet out for the dead money expecting a fold. When he minraises I think he has an overpair above me like 99-JJ, a set (22/44/88) or a flush draw like JcTc, Tc9c, KcQc, QcJc, KcJc Acxc with x=broadway. Against this range I am 24%. I really don't give him any air because he is so passive postflop from the few hands I have vs. him. I chicken out because I assume he's betting turn almost awlays and it's a pretty shitty spot in which I'll have to fold basically always.

Code:
    Board: 2h 8c 4c
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	23.789%  	23.79% 	00.00% 	          7772 	        0.00   { 8s6s }
    Hand 1: 	76.211%  	76.21% 	00.00% 	         24898 	        0.00   { JJ-88, 44, 22, AcQc, AcJc, AcTc, KcQc, KcJc, QcJc, JcTc, Tc9c }

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($27.30)
    UTG ($12.15)
    Button ($20.31)
    SB ($19.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 8
    1 fold, Button bets $0.85, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, Button calls $2.15

Flop: ($6.10) 2, 8, 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets $4, Button raises to $8, Hero folds

Total pot: $14.10 | Rake: $0.70
    XTR:

hand 1) there's no harm in b/f turn. As played, I'm sure you know riv is bad.

hand 2) I don't mind the double barrel here, but you have to recognize that his turn calling range is v wide. So this should be a triple barrel or single barrel spot. b/f turn ofc.

kmizzle:

hand 1) I'd prob call turn and re-eval riv. Villain knows AK is in his range, and not at all in yours is the problem.

hand 2) meh... tough to say. Whats his fold to 3bet? I'd prob call and re-eval again. Board is so dry, so should be easy enough to play.
    Griff - Hand 2 villain has folded 1 out of 3 previous 3bets. So at the time of the hand he was 33% F3bet.
    Yea, I think in spots like #1 I´m too much of a bot no matter how many tables I play. Tbh, I take a c/c - b/f line hardly ever, because I always feel like if my hands isn´t strong enough to c/r for value it´s probably slightly too weak to b/f, but I begin to see how this makes no sense.

#3 This is such a stupid spot. At this point the CO seems reg-ish, but Ive played with him only a couple of orbits. I may have 3bet him once in position, but I´m not sure and one or two hands ago I took down a pot on flop when the PFR checked to me. SB is very tight. I can´t make much sense of his CR and sizing it´s a spot where I could easily level myself into doing something stupid. In hindsight his range should be ridic strong, during the hand I was close to 3b spew the flop.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($57.60)
    Hero (Button) ($51.05)
    SB ($29.60)
    BB ($22.40)
    UTG ($20)
    MP ($19.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, J
    2 folds, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5) K, 3, 9 (3 players)
    SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4, 1 fold, CO raises $10.50

#4 Button is relatively new to the table, so far he doesnt seem extraordinary aggro or notably tight. I´m usually kinda lost to 3b calling ranges of unknowns, generally do these games play so passive that even QQ is not a clear 4b for a lot fo players. Id guess {99-TT, 1/2 JJ-QQ, 3/4 AK, AJo+, ATs+, KQs}. Now when he minraises it´s sets, TP, FDs and QQ, it wouldnt make any sense for him to be bluffing (but some do it anyway). Also I just relized, how AcQc and AcTc are the only credible flushdraws he could have, which leaves a raising range of 99, JJ, AcQc, AcTc and QQ (I would guess the rare times he tricked us with AA even out with those where he´s going stupid with AK or TT) so

Code:
    Board: Jc 9c 3s
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	71.039%  	71.04% 	00.00% 	         14769 	        0.00   { KcKd }
    Hand 1: 	28.961%  	28.96% 	00.00% 	          6021 	        0.00   { QQ, JdJh, JdJs, JhJs, AcQc, AcTc, AhTh, AcJd, AcJh, AcJs, AdJh, AdJs, AhJd, AhJs, AsJd, AsJh }
    Given all that shoving is even easier than I thought

Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($35.35)
    SB ($17)
    Hero (BB) ($50)
    UTG ($37.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
    1 fold, Button bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises $4.25, Button calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) J, 9, 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $7, Button raises $14, Hero raises $38.25 (All-In), Button calls $16.60 (All-In)

Turn: ($70.95) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($70.95) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $70.95
    yo
    1. UTG raiser is pretty tight at 18/15 in 39 hands. He was 29% UTG so far. I gave him a range of 22+/ATs+/AJo+/JTs+. The BU is a fish playing 88/4 over 51 hands. I honestly believe he can show up with basically anything here. I call because of the fish...vs. just UTG it should be a fold because I need implied odds since his range is so tight but being OOP just doesn't cut it. FWIW I'd even fold lower PP here too. What I'm trying to figure out is it calling a hand like mine that could be like a coinflip over his PP is better than just calling with a lower PP and playing for set value. In any case, I'd usually fold.

Flop I am kind of meh on donking or c/c. I decide to c/c and I think UTG's range is any set/TT/JT/QJ/KJ/AJ/overpair/overs rarely since it's a 3 way pot. I c/c.

Turn really only helps TT and I expect him to be checking a lot with his range. When he bets I get completely confused and decide to flat because I think he can air a lot since a T isn't in his range that often plus we pick up a tad bit of equity.

I use the same logic on the river that he could be bluffing a lot and decide to call. It's weird though because I don't have reads on him so I have to use assumptions. Maybe folding is better? I give him a range that's probably dumb:

Code:
    Board: 9s Jh 7c 8c Qs
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	67.857%  	67.86% 	00.00% 	            38 	        0.00   { QcJc }
    Hand 1: 	32.143%  	32.14% 	00.00% 	            18 	        0.00   { 88+, 44-22, AQs, ATs, AQo }

If my pot odds calc is right then we should need 32% of equity to call.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($36.49)
    Hero (BB) ($25)
    UTG ($60.58)
    MP ($9.60)
    CO ($57.69)
    Button ($15.81)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q
    UTG bets $0.85, 2 folds, Button calls $0.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.65) 9, J, 7 (3 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $2.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.15) 8 (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75

River: ($18.65) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $51.73 (All-In), Hero calls $16.15 (All-In)

Total pot: $50.95 | Rake: $2.54

2. Villain is unknown 7 hands on him total. Preflop I put him on a BU range of about 30%.

On the flop I think he cbets almost all of his range here which is a ton. I think a flat is manditory. This is also the reason I c/c as opposed to donk.

Turn doesn't really help his hand unless he has 44 or A3 or 63s or something which wouldn't be too surprising. It also gives 33 and OESD and Ax a gutter as well as 6x. I plan on c/c here because I think he can still double barrel with a ton of his range and if he has 5x we are in great shape. I plan on c/c any river that isn't an A/3/6 maybe/5.

The 4 on the river makes it less likely he has 44. Especially when he just checks back turn. Sure it helps out A4 but 54 is the only other hand with a 4 in it I can see but that should fire the turn. I think he has shit a lot but don't expect him to bet. This confuses the hell out of me again so I call.

Here's the range I gave him (note that I gave him a lot of Ax that missed to add in some bluffs):

Code:
    Board: 2s 5c 2h 4d 4h
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	64.978%  	64.76% 	00.22% 	           147 	        0.50   { 7d7s }
    Hand 1: 	35.022%  	34.80% 	00.22% 	            79 	        0.50   { 22+, A2s+, 65s, A2o+ }

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($25)
    Hero (BB) ($25)
    UTG ($27.36)
    MP ($34.70)
    Button ($33.96)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7
    2 folds, Button bets $0.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 2, 5, 2 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.30) 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($4.30) 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero calls $3

Total pot: $10.30 | Rake: $0.51
    kmind

#1 Tricky spot, Id let it go pre either way, even with the drooler in the hand. You´re oop vs two and are heavily dominated by UTGs range. Id rather take a flop with 65s than QJs. On flop Id hold on a sec and think why we entered the hand with our holding: to play a fish and to play for flush and straight value, since we know our pairs are dominated anyway by UTGs range, so c/f flop may be very cool (I wouldnt do it anyway, but it´s prob correct in order to make calling pre correct)

#2 Id b/f river and keep him from checking back A high.

#5 Villian in this hand is an unremarkable reg, seems fairly tight, his numbers however are messed up b/c i started two tables with him and played him hu for a while. Table dynamic is revolving around UTG who appears to be less experienced but isn´t terrible. The nits are in fit-or-fold mode, pretty much nutcamping vs UTG, which gave me some opportunities to cal pre IP and take the pot on flops that checked to me.

Preflop I assume {TT-22,A9s-A5s,KJs-KTs,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s,QJo,JTo,T9o} to be a reasonable range for him. Im not sureon which level he´s on on flop, but it´s quite obvious I am trying to take it down with my entire range here. So he calls {TT-77,55,Ah9h,Ah8h,Ac6c,Ad6d,As6s,KJs,KhTh,QcJc,QdJd, QsJs,QhTh,JcTc,JdTd,JsTs,Th9h,9h8h,7c6c,7d6d,7s6s, 6c5c,6d5d,6s5s,QcJd,QcJs,QdJc,QdJs,QhJc,QhJd,QhJs, QsJc,QsJd,JcTd,JcTh,JcTs,JdTc,JdTh,JdTs,JsTc,JsTd, JsTh} vs which we´re a slight favourite. Turn doesnt hit neither range much, so if he´s capable of reading a hand his range shouldn´t change much at all when I bet, my equity however drops to 32%. I am not sure whether to check back or to keep on barreling. I do have enough equity to bet, with him on three of my tables I may actually consider balancing my range, there´s little chance of being check raised BUT: do I fire again on river if I miss?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($51.95)
    UTG ($108.05)
    MP ($81.10)
    Hero (CO) ($110.30)
    Button ($103.45)
    SB ($100.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 5
    UTG bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6.25) 6, 4, J (4 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $5, 2 folds, MP calls $5

Turn: ($16.25) K (2 players)
    MP checks, Hero bets $12.50, MP calls $12.50

#6 Same villian. Preflop is kinda thin, but it´s 5 handed, CO/BTN are nits and the SB is the target. Again Im not sure which level he is on. This hand occured few minutes after the above, in which I checked back a 9d river and he showed 77, so my image is not the most solid in his eyes. His value range is narrow with AJ, some JJ and only one possible combo of 22, otoh I dont know if he´s capable of check raising as a bluff- after all I am UTG and this board smacks my range. I dont like the line I took, every other option however seems worse to me.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($50)
    BB ($63.95)
    Hero (UTG) ($122.85)
    MP ($43.20)
    Button ($54.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2, A
    Hero bets $1.75, 3 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) A, J, 2 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $7.50, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($18.75) 9 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($18.75) Q (2 players)
    BB bets $6, Hero folds

Total pot: $18.75
    yo
    kmizzle that QJcc hand is a river fold.

Your ranges are way off I think. Firstly, that kind of turn card hits OUR flop calling range much harder than his. Its a card where a lot of ppl are just gonna shutdown in the first place. But even more than that, after we c/c that turn, we have straights in our range madness. People aren't crazy enough to double barrel bluff in this spot.

Why do you have hands like 88, and AQ in his river range. He will check back somewhere with 88 and will just take SD with AQ likely.

If he's 29% utg you also need a lot more Tx than just ATs. Probably 9Ts, JTs and maybe even others.
    kmind (QcJc) - I feel like we are owning ourselves so often here. I'd be amazed if villain is capable of turning anything worse into a bluff on this board, you gave them the opportunity to check back the river and they didn't, this is all I need to fold.

kmind - (77) - I like leading the turn because I don't think you get a lot of credit and the 4 gives villain an excuse to pay off another street with A4/A5/A6 or big ace hands because of the tiny bit of added equity/chance you're bluffing. Definitely lead this river after the turn checks through, there's too much value not to and again, you don't get a lot of credit on a board like this. Another thing perhaps to consider is that people are looking to play fewer small pocket pairs oop to wide button open ranges, as people are understanding set value decreases here, it wouldn't be a terrible assumption to make that a lot of your range consists of unpaired overs.

XTR1000 hand 5 - You know the games you play in, do you think an "unremarkable reg" considers J9, JT or even QJ a big/hero call to make on a non-H river? If you think the answer is yes, I'd definitely bet big enough on the river to try to look like I know we're deep and I'm trying to catch up some value, plus give them a bad price on their guessing games.I wonder if we can bet as low as $28, but I feel $34 into $41.25 is good given there's little chance of a c/r.

I like the turn bet and sizing btw. If we check back the turn we might as well give up any chance of winning the hand without a rivered heart.

XTR1000 hand 6 - Since villain has already correctly assumed you have a wide range when allowed to bet, you should consider trying to exploit the assumption they used to exploit us. If villain thinks our range is wide enough to bet/fold, then we have to assume their range to play back at us either by calling or raising is wider than usual. We have a far stronger hand than villain can expect us to have, but the board is drawy enough that there will be enough turns we/they won't like/will have to play guessing games on, so while I'd like to c/c ip, I prefer reraising smallish and seeing if we can get villain to spaz out with an A, flush draw or gutter/backdoor flush draw. I feel like there is more value here than trying to bluff catch later streets. If villain lucksacked us then I don't think we'd need to feel bad about it but I think the flop is going to be the best spot to put the money in.
    Thanks guys for the insight! It really helps because I am unsure on if we should just post in the short handed forum or wherever as opposed to this.

1. This guy was playing 20/19 over 85 hands and had minraised the BU before and has shown to be positionally aware. He was 2/2 cbetting.

Preflop I put him at a range of probably 35%. I flat with good odds plus a pretty strong hand vs. his range.

Flop is weird. He is probably cbetting his entire range. Raising should be +EV but I kind of think calling is more +EV because he'll probably play with an exploitive range of checking back turns if he has air. In any case, I go ahead and raise.

When he just calls on the flop, I put him on an overpair/a smallish T like T9/JT/QT/T8...to be honest I think he gets those in a lot on the flop due to 25NL assumptions. He can also have TT or 66 which are highly unlikely. Because his range is narrowed so much, I think with a hand like the nut flush draw should be played as a call on the flop and we should be c/r the flop more with less equity type hands. Anyways, I go ahead and fire turn in case he has an overpair and I assume he'll just fold.

River, since he just called turn, I think he definitely has either 66 or a T. I think river is a c/f.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($27.89)
    Hero (BB) ($25)
    UTG ($25.70)
    MP ($30.25)
    Button ($35.66)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 4
    2 folds, Button bets $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 6, 10, 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, Button calls $1.75

Turn: ($6.10) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $4, Button calls $4

River: ($14.10) 3 (2 players)

2. Villain is running 40/33 over 50 hands. I honestly think preflop should just be a 3bet/get it in. This is probably standard for most but I want to look at it deeper.

Preflop I think he can have a lot of Ax...basically any. Most he'd felt preflop. He can also have any PP and like KQ/KJ stuff. I flat because both blinds are huge fish.

He had cbet 7/8 times so I imagine he cbets most of his range here on the flop. He only connects with 33/77/A7. I think I am ahead a lot so I flat.

Turn brings me gin and because I feel like he'll fold a lot if I bet plus he is far behind me a ton I just elect to check back and fire river.

River connects with TT/AT/KT type of stuff. He can still have worse Q's. I just shove due to his short stack.

Hero (CO) ($25)
    Button ($27.14)
    SB ($26.20)
    BB ($13.80)
    UTG ($10.70)
    MP ($7.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q
    1 fold, MP bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 3, 7, 7 (2 players)
    MP bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.35) Q (2 players)
    MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.35) 10 (2 players)
    MP bets $2, Hero raises to $8
    Kmizzle

hand 1- I'd check river and might even c/c, pending my feel for what he does. c/f sometimes obv too.

hand 2- just bet the turn. You're kinda over-repping now with the river raise, doubt you ever get looked up by worse. More likely to get looked up by worse by betting turn/river.
    Griff - you realize in hand 2 the dude is horrible at poker right and only has like $6 left? I think almost any Tx calls me...any Qx for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmind
    Griff - you realize in hand 2 the dude is horrible at poker right and only has like $6 left? I think almost any Tx calls me...any Qx for sure.
    ok don't mind it.. but all the more reason to bet the turn!
    XTR 1 QQ I like betting the turn. He auto c-bets that flop, but is checking behind all the hands you beat on the turn, some of these hands will call a turn lead and on that board you're going to be hating most rivers.
    XTR 2 AJo i don't like betting this turn, 8s doesn't change a thing and your read is that villain is a station.

Kmind QsJs. If you're calling here pre-flop then you gotta be either leading this flop bigger or check-raising, it's not a bad spot to check-raise cos you look like a draw etc. I don't like your ranges, run the stove again with JTo taken out. Leading turn is good, but you need a plan on how you're responding to a raise BEFORE you bet.
    kmind 6s8s. 3-bet is good here against someone who might fold. But your read is that he won't fold. Flop stab can be smaller, $3.25 accomplishes the same as $4.

XTR 3 TdJd. pre-flop and deep is a call better than a 3-bet here? what you doing vs a bb squeeze? flop is interesting, what hands does a reg have not to c-bet this K high flop? What hands are you repping? sets/KQ/KJ = pretty narrow. I think flop is check behind = bet, bet is fine. Gotta fold to the cr though.
    XTR 4 KK you're at the top of your range pre-flop. You have outs against his flopped sets. You beat his QQ and flush draws. He can have JQ etc. Nice hand.

kmind JcQc. I don't like the range you put villain on. It seems overall that you need to think loads about how to play various flops out of position after calling vs a steal or in multiway situations. This one is a great place to start. YOu hate any 8, T, K, A. Yet you c-c to play another street with tpmk out of position vs an unknown but strong range. I don't like turn c-c either. Straights are in your range and he doesn't care. He has TT here a lot more than 0% of the time (see range comment above). His river bet is weird, it's like his range just became AK/TT/ATs/QTs/9T/JT. Stove that for some interesting results but you're not good here very often.
    kmind 7s7d. Calling small pocket pairs vs steals is a leak in full ring, 6-max? I like a river bet-fold to get calls from his naked aces, as played river is almost a check-raise for value vs the naked aces in his range.

XTR 5 7h5h. I think you can check turn behind here, your heart outs got kinda messy on the flop and you don't like a check-raise with only one card to come. If you're betting this turn i think you have to bet any river
    XTR 6 As2s. I'm lost, i probably 3-bet flop but this causes problems of his AQ hands finding a maybe fold.

kmind Ah4h seems you think too deep sometimes. Isn't turn a check if you think his range is overpairs/trips? river c-f.
    kmind AhQh 3b pre, but you thought about that already. Turn and you want to stack villain. You can't rely on him leading out, so bet turn smallish to set up the river.
    1. No reads on villain as he just sat down. Preflop I give him a range of basically only nuts hands of QQ+/AK. I think flatting pre is best.

Flop is weird because KK+ dominates me of course as well as AhKh being in good shape. QQ still bets...I think all those hands bet tbh. When he checks it completely confuses me and I think he has AK a lot without hearts. I decide to check it back regardless. Should I just bet? Someone help me with dead money because I never know when the pot is too big that I should just take the pot down.

Turn gives all AK's a gutter and 2 overs. It gives AhKh the nuts and AA and KK is still dominating me. But, I think both were still betting the flop a large %.

River only helps him if he was bluffing me preflop (unlikely) or slowplaying on the flop. His bet size SCREAMS to be called but pot odds are so nice.

MP ($26)
    CO ($34.81)
    Button ($29.91)
    SB ($25.10)
    BB ($75.58)
    Hero (UTG) ($27.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
    Hero bets $0.85, 3 folds, SB raises to $2.80, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.95

Flop: ($5.85) 5, 6, 2 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.85) 3 (2 players)
    SB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($10.35) 6 (2 players)
    SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Total pot: $19.35 | Rake: $0.96

2. The original limper is a huge fish who keeps shoving preflop and just spewing ridiculously. CO is playing pretty reggish stats but a little loose over only 35 hands I think he is abusing limps very loosely. Because of this, I go for the overcall with the intention of c/r many flops. When the limper RR I think his range is still plenty weak. When the CO just flats I doubt he ever does this with monsters and has a mediocre hand. Because of this, there is a ton of money in the pot plus I should get UTG to push his remaining stack in if I make a big 4bet. My plan goes as planned until the CO just flats (wtf).

Flop is so gross have 2/3 pot left in my stack. Again, is the dead money so good that I just shove? I feel like he wins EVERY time I shove and he calls and he MIGHT check back with weaker stuff. I decide to c/f once he fires out an all-in. Blahhhhh.

CO ($37.52)
    Button ($25)
    Hero (SB) ($25)
    BB ($25)
    UTG ($6.41)
    MP ($11.91)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
    UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO bets $1.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.15, 1 fold, UTG raises to $2.25, 1 fold, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $9, UTG calls $4.16 (All-In), CO calls $6.75

Flop: ($24.91) A, 9, 6 (3 players, 1 all-in)
    Hero checks, CO bets $28.52 (All-In)
    Re: A2s

I´m still not sure about what to make of it. I would guess his range consists of very few draws and at the same time Im pretty sure he´d be value raising lighter than usual. After all Im UTG and bet a flop that hits an ep range well. Yet I dont think he´d continue to a 3bet with much less that AJ/22/JJ/AK and maybe some KhQh

Code:
    Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

23,760  games     0.065 secs   365,538  games/sec

Board: Ah Jh 2c
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	42.433%  	39.82% 	02.61% 	          9461 	      621.00   { As2s }
    Hand 1: 	57.567%  	54.95% 	02.61% 	         13057 	      621.00   { JcJd, JcJs, JdJs, 2c2d, 2d2h, 2d2s, 2h2s, AcJc, AdJd, Ad2d, KhQh, AcKd, AcKh, AcKs, AdKc, AdKh, AdKs, AcQd, AcQh, AcQs, AdQc, AdQh, AdQs, AcJd, AcJs, AdJc, AdJs }
    Anyway, I didnt get to post last night, as I was in a hurry to get at the bar. Yesterdays sessions went sort of well. First session was a bit messy and unfocused in the beginning, in session two I cut down to 4 tables. I dropped two buy ins, but felt very good about my game in sesh two. Biggest losers being KK < J8 on J86 vs a check raise hapy donk, AA < 7c5c on Ac2c8c and 4s5s < QJ making a flush on QQJ56. Sorry for turning this post into a personal blog post.

#7 SB and BB are both tight regulars, I have been active. his line is pretty uncommon and I bet he´s heavily unbalanced there, I have however no idea what he would do this with. With him unlikely to float a wide oop 3way and this fact plus board texture make me unlikely to barrel again on this turn. Hence he´s definetly doing this for value, I cant nail his range exactly, but given preflop tightness there isn´t much apart from 33 and 55, I might even put a ? behind AK/AQ setting up a river shove or A5/A2 being part of his preflop range. Also note that turn is 3 way.

Button ($50.75)
    SB ($50)
    BB ($124.30)
    UTG ($53.45)
    Hero (MP) ($96.55)
    CO ($52.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, 10
    1 fold, Hero bets $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) A, 5, 3 (3 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4, BB calls $4

Turn: ($18) 10 (3 players)
    SB bets $10, 1 fold, Hero calls $10

River: ($38) 4 (2 players)
    SB bets $34 (All-In), Hero folds

#8 Villian in this hand runs notably tight 16/12. Over the course of this session he has called a fair number of my preflop raises and has either been hitting many flops or has been messing with me, floating lots of flops and betting turn when checked to. I have top pair on the worlds driest flop ever, hence betting a little less. this hand irritated me during whilst playing, now it seems like a fairly easy call flop, c/c turn, re-eval river I think, reason being he´s repping nothing, he´s shown a tendency to float a presumably medium wide range, which would contain all middling pairs and 3betting would suck.

Hero (CO) ($50)
    Button ($50.90)
    SB ($48.85)
    BB ($42)
    UTG ($59.15)
    MP ($65.15)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K
    2 folds, Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) Q, 2, 4 (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $2, Button raises $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($16.75) 2 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $12.35, Hero calls $12.35

River: ($41.45) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $31.05 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $41.45
    yo
    1st QQ - I am sometimes getting the money in pre here vs unknown but will also be flatting sometimes. Assuming villain is competent he is not holding AA/KK/QQ/JJ when he checks here so bet flop for value/protection.

2nd QQ - You say you called pre with the intention of check raising flops. The problem with calling is you are likely to go to a flop out of position with as many as 5 players if the big blind & everyone else calls behind. 3bet pre is best. If UTG likes to limp/reraise alot then calling here is an option but I would not do this unless he was very likely to do it.
    I think you can definitely crosspost some of these into the shorthanded forum but this is a really good idea that looks like it's getting some decent traffic, so keep it up!

kmind QdQh - I just keep it simple and bet the flop for protection, and for value against anything he likes but not enough to bet himself. As for his river bet, it looks more like he's just blocking a showdown rather than hoping to get called.

kmind QcQh - I agree with Shifubowa, I just 3bet pf. If I was flatting here I'd do it with AA and less likely KK, QQ is obv more vulnerable and by flatting we're encouraging people into the pot and decreasing our potential equity.

Tbh I don't think backraising folds out anything that wouldn't call a shove anyway. There's what, $6.25 in the pot by the time it gets back to you after the fish gets annoyed and min3bets? The fish isn't folding, so there's essentially just over $10 in the pot now. Just ship.

As much as I'd like to call this I'd sigh/fold flop, if the reg is bluffing us off an almost dry sidepot after putting a quarter of his stack in pf then good for him, we don't have to call to find this out as thanks to the shorty he's forced to showdown so we aren't going to be left wondering. I tend to find though that a lot of villains in this spot see their stack size, see the pot size, see they have an A and then totally disregard any thought of how to keep you in the pot to win more, because they immediately decide that the pot is enough. Or they are lolprotecting their hand with AK or something.

XTR100 Re: A2s - So vs the range you provided we have nearly 43% equity when allin and villain has history with regard to how wide a range we bet, so is potentially raise/folding here hands here. Which means we have 43% equity when stacks go in, but if we 3bet small and villain folds we take down $13.25. So I'd expect 3betting small with a view to calling it off here to be better than breakeven.

I don't see why villain can't be semi-bluffing a flush draw like Th9h or QxTh expecting you to fold a decent amount of the time. Since they are oop it's not unreasonable to think they flatted AQ since vs our perceived wide betting range flatting is better than 3betting us out of the hand, or is raising AT because they don't want to c/c down oop.

I honestly think we can have better than 50% equity when the stacks go in and then make a nice profit on when they give up the flop.

Anyway, as played after they check their range weakens so you either need to block the turn to charge a heart and gain value, or c/b the turn and call most non-heart rivers, vbet if checked to.

XTR1000 hand 7 - Like you said, the turn is still 3way but the SB doesn't seem concerned so that puts me off a little. Do you think villain is always 3betting AKs or AKo pf? What about AQs and AQo, how often do you think?

I gave villain one suited combo of AK and AQ out of the two remaining (hearts and diamonds are accounted for), and I gave villain 3 combos each of AKo and AQo, one luckbox combo of 44, sets and one combo of ATs:

Code:
    Board: Ah 5d 3s Ts 4d
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	53.125%  	50.00% 	03.13% 	             8 	        0.50   { AdTd }
    Hand 1: 	46.875%  	43.75% 	03.13% 	             7 	        0.50   { 55, 4h4s, 33, AsKs, AsQs, AcTc, AcKd, AcKh, AcKs, AcQd, AcQh, AcQs }
    So I dunno. It's upto you what can come out of that.

XTR1000 hand 8 - I don't think a 16/12 is going to be in enough hands in general with you to be messing with you, so it's possible he's either running well or just running better than you. I'm going to admit, I'd just laugh and fold to the c/r a lot of the time, we aren't being exploited here and I'm not paying off nitpoker. You talk about him floating you off pots but this time he's c/r, I don't think a 16/12 can take this line with a worse Q as worse Qs make up their c/c range. If you're calling the flop hoping he gives up then that's bad, because you're no longer evaluating the strength of your own hand but hoping he gives up his line. Which means if you're calling the flop and especially when calling the turn, you're doing so assuming you're good vs his range, so you need to be calling the river too. I appreciate the turn potentially shrinks his repping range on the flop, but blah, he's sizing this to get his stack in and the worst he does this with is AQ. You're pretty much only ever good here if he checks back the river.
    Again thanks a lot guys! I'll look more into the responses when I get a better chance but I appreciate it very much.

1. No real reads besides CO was a huge donk limping most of his hands and hasn't folded much postflop in the few hands he's played. Other guy has reggish stats over a small sample. Flop is weird because I should be bluffing this flop as a cbet a lot even 3way so with a fish I can see BB leading out here with a ton of Ax, JJ, 55. I don't think he has air ever.

On the turn, the 5 limits him to only one combo of 55 and gives me the best two pair baring both players don't have AJ/A5. I think the 5 helps me tremendously as it discounts a lot of hnads that were beating me. The lead still scares me but not too much as the CO is a huge donk.

The river is weird because BB is willing to get it all in. Seems like AQ would be hesitent but meh. I doubt he has AT too much but def. possible with the fish. I think the fish could have a 5 due to barely folding in the few hands but I don't have a big enough read so I give him more Ax hands.

Hero (Button) ($25)
    SB ($39.72)
    BB ($25)
    UTG ($5.50)
    MP ($25)
    CO ($20.91)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
    2 folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero bets $1.10, 1 fold, BB calls $0.85, CO calls $0.85

Flop: ($3.40) J, 5, A (3 players)
    BB bets $2, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($9.40) 5 (3 players)
    BB bets $6, CO calls $6, Hero calls $6

River: ($27.40) 3 (3 players)
    BB bets $15.90 (All-In), CO calls $11.81 (All-In), Hero calls $15.90 (All-In)

Total pot: $71.01 | Rake: $3

2. BU was a huge fish running ridiculously hot. He liked to call preflop a lot but didn't have enough reads on him postflop really.

Flop is great as Jx looks really good for him right now. He can also have a 5 or a draw...either flush or straight.

Turn helps out A4 and 64 but also gives a lot of his draws either a pair or more straight outs. I bet for value and snap call this. Jx, pair plus draw, etc. seems like an easy b/c.

SB ($26.65)
    BB ($23.68)
    Hero (UTG) ($26.85)
    MP ($87.28)
    CO ($28.34)
    Button ($19.76)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
    Hero bets $0.85, 2 folds, Button calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 2, J, 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.05) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $3.25, Button raises to $17.41 (All-In), Hero calls $14.16

River: ($39.87) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $39.87 | Rake: $1.99
    I just typed out a sweet long post with two hands when the quick reply window suddenly disappeared.

#9Loose-ish reg and I suffer FPS. From reading the forums and talking to other players it seems like I am assuming way too many bluffs in their range when people c/r dry flops.

UTG ($17.25)
    Hero (Button) ($57.30)
    SB ($14.25)
    BB ($48.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, A
    1 fold, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) J, 2, J (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises $4.50, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($11.25) Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $7

#10 This is also probably terrible. CO and BTN are both aggressive regulars preflop, I have been into some big pots with the CO at another table. This table is relatively quiet as everythings revolves around the BB who is a huge fish. I am not entirely sure what the BTN overcalls the squeeze with, but given he´s fairly aggro pre Is suppose it´s 99-TT, AQ, KQs, maybe even AJs, JTs given that Im in an obvious squeeze spot. In hindsight Id appreciate opinions on cbetting, I feel like c/f is my best option on flop. I do however bet and am giving up on turn and when he checks that back I get stubborn and put him almost exactly on TT, hoping for JTs and AJs being in his range as well.

Hero (BB) ($56.15)
    UTG ($31.50)
    MP ($50)
    CO ($91.20)
    Button ($76.95)
    SB ($139.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
    2 folds, CO bets $1.75, Button calls $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises $6.50, 1 fold, Button calls $5.25

Flop: ($16) J, 2, 9 (2 players)
    Hero bets $11, Button calls $11

Turn: ($38) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($38) 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $38.15 (All-In)
    yo
    XTR1000 hand 9 - I guess if you think he's got a lot of unpaired air in his range, and since he flatted your button minraise from the bb it's possible, you might as well check back the turn and think about calling a river bet.

XTR1000 hand 10 - What would you do with AA, KK, QQ, AQ, KQ, JJ, QJ or TT on the turn? Cuz whatever your answer is I guess you should be doing the same here with AK? And I'd assume your answer would usually be to ship turn. Villain would have to believe you would bet/check/shove a better hand than TT or AJ here and tbh the Q is a decent turn card for your range, if I'm going to use my stack to push villain off the pot here I'd just shove the turn. I think bet/shove pot makes villain slightly less curious about looking you up than bet/check/shove.
    kmind QdQc - I'm curious, do you think a fish really ships Jx or a pair+draw on the turn, or just keeps calling with it? I only ask because I'm beginning to think that I perhaps expect a raise/shove more than I actually see it. Vs a runhot fish I think I make this call more out of stubborness than expecting to have crushing equity here.
    It's hard for me to comment. I've seen people do crazy shit and others only shove the nuts. I really think it's read dependent but vs. an unknown meh I think they shove those often enough. He obv. had A4 for the straight but I don't know I really think they'd shove with worse.
    It's hard for me to comment. I've seen people do crazy shit and others only shove the nuts. I really think it's read dependent but vs. an unknown meh I think they shove those often enough. He obv. had A4 for the straight but I don't know I really think they'd shove with worse.
    Meh. I dunno, I just feel like this is a change I've noticed since I started playing again recently. I don't know if it's because the fish play differently from say 2008 or with all the talk of semi-bluffs and stuff, if we've talked ourselves into often unrealistically padding out ranges with them.

Might be worth as an exercise to filter HEM or whatever you have to show hands where you raise pf > bet flop > bet/call turn and focus on the more fishy players you won or lost against. Might help you build a decent model for understanding the hands fish will shove on the turn. I wouldn't mind seeing you post the results here.
    Unfortunately, I only have about 30k hands on my computer as I reformatted recently. I would have for sure. Maybe XTR or someone else could help out?
    kmizzle

AK hand - I would probably raise the flop, hope the donk leader folds and we iso with the fish. As played, I don't know.. you like listing the limited hands that are possible and how certain cards are discounting other combos... but you're not listing the hands that MAKE sense. AQ is possible but on the river, seems pretty doubtful. AT is very unlikely. AJ makes sense, JJJ makes sense, AK makes sense (JJ/AK both flatting to keep fish in). 5x sometimes makes sense.

I find it hard that you're beating both of them on river. I don't see why the reg would jam into both of you.. it doesn't look like you're folding and certianly doesn't look like fish is folding.

QQ - sigh I don't know. Whats his AF? These passive fish don't raise.. they call call call.. raising from these guys is a clear sign of >1 pair.
    Yeah good point about the AK hand. I think it's a fold but selective memory made me call. Seem to always pick the wrong choice.

QQ - AF was unknown really. Very few hands with him...no reads postflop, just him winning a few pots and only one going to showdown and he won. He seemed to bet smallish which made me think he had stuff when he bet small. Never really raised before.

I won't be able to post any hands tonight but I will tomorrow.
    Kmind, you're in luck. Since everybody and their mother is trying this new rush-poker thing, games must be insanely good. Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to pad your bankroll since all these higher stakes players r messing around at 50nl. GL

btw i love it, its madness...
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexos
    Kmind, you're in luck. Since everybody and their mother is trying this new rush-poker thing, games must be insanely good. Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to pad your bankroll since all these higher stakes players r messing around at 50nl. GL

btw i love it, its madness...

I feel like it will be the oppposite. Rush poker will be so fast and give out so many hands that ppl will just nit it up for the nuts... no point playing crappy hands. I dunno... not sure I like the idea.
    Strike one for me, I´m not gonna post hands other than a bunch of coolers in the tilt section. Then Im gonna drink beer.
    yo
    1. Villain has pretty taggy stats over 50 hands. He's been 3betting 20% and 33% to steals ableit twice out of 6 times. I assume he can have a lot of bluffs in his range and I'd rather 4bet > fold >> call. Once he calls I give him a range of pretty strong hands like 99-QQ/AQ/AK.

I get really lucky and flop gin. I don't think he's EVER ahead of me here. Assuming my range is correct, he has a TP 40% of the time. The other 60% may fold. They also have 2 outs each to improve. Because of this I decide to check back.

Turn is another brick unless he has 99. He bets so large that I feel like calling and calling any river is fine.

River is a akldfasdfj;asd but can I actually fold?

MP ($25.30)
    CO ($25)
    Hero (Button) ($26.42)
    SB ($65.65)
    BB ($25.35)
    UTG ($44.91)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3, A
    3 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, BB raises to $2.70, Hero raises to $6, BB calls $3.30

Flop: ($12.10) A, 8, 3 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($12.10) 9 (2 players)
    BB bets $9, Hero calls $9

River: ($30.10) 8 (2 players)
    BB bets $10.35 (All-In)

2. Over 23 hands he was playing 36/14. Definitely was calling too much preflop. SB is a huge fish.

I flop basically the nuts. I should have made my bet larger as it hits a lot of BB's range (TT-22,AQo-A7o,KQo-KJo,QJo,JTo,QAs-7As,QKs-JKs,JQs-TQs,TJs-9Js,9Ts-8Ts,98s,87s,76s,65s).

Turn sucks as it completes 98s. When he raises I put him on JT/TT/98s. At the time I felt like I had enough equity to call for a full house. After stoving this I get:

Code:
    Board: Td Jc 4h 7d
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	42.898%  	42.90% 	00.00% 	           302 	        0.00   { TT, JTs, 98s, JTo }
    Hand 1: 	57.102%  	57.10% 	00.00% 	           402 	        0.00   { 4c4d }
    This makes me think that I should be shoving?

River - any value in shoving?

UTG ($48.99)
    MP ($26.92)
    Hero (Button) ($25)
    SB ($16.75)
    BB ($24)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4, 4
    2 folds, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 10, J, 4 (3 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.25) 7 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $8.25, Hero calls $5.25

River: ($21.75) 3 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $21.75 | Rake: $1.08
    #1 I wouldnt 4b pre yet after being 3bet only twice. You´re planning on stacking off if he jams pre? I usually just gay bet flop, I wouldnt expect him to bluff later streets more often that the times he actually is an idiot with AK/AQ

#2 Def jam turn. Any idea on his 3betting habits and postflop aggression? Id guess TT/JJ/JT rather unlikely and if he´s somewhat aggressive anf loaty there´s KdJd, 79, 78, QdJd, AdJd, Jd9d and so on which all picked up extra equity and might go beserk now. Not sure about river, Id prob check this behind.
    yo
    1 wtf bet the flop
    2 turn bet is a little small
    3 HAI DER
    1. Ok this hand is very a very loose guy playing 43/37 over 30 hands. He seems to be playing the same in all positions and has felted twice preflop both times getting folds. What type of range would you get it in here with?

Button ($14.91)
    Hero (SB) ($25.45)
    BB ($25)
    UTG ($26.35)
    MP ($25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with XX
    2 folds, Button bets $0.85, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, Button raises to $14.91 (All-In), Hero calls $12.16

Flop: ($30.07) 3, Q, K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($30.07) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($30.07) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $30.07 | Rake: $1.50

2. Villain is a reg playing 23/20/67% fold to 3bet over 222 hands. I feel like he can actually fold a good amount in this spot and be very honest. Flop I think a lot of his range (TT/JJ/AQ/AK) calls and turn folds out TT/JJ/AQ. Bet turn/check fold river?

Hero (MP) ($27.90)
    CO ($109.10)
    Button ($10.48)
    SB ($26.35)
    BB ($28.68)
    UTG ($25.77)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 10, J
    UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, UTG calls $2

Flop: ($6.35) 2, 8, 2 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.35) K (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

River: ($14.35) Q (2 players)
    UTG checks
    1. idk what you're 3betting here besides callable hands and bluffs, but I guess you're 3betting hands like AQ/22-66 and wondering if you should be calling it of with those? TT+/AK are snap calls, I'd call it off with AQs as well. AQo/KQs/AJs are close while the small pairs look like folds.

2. I'd bet flop and barrel a lot of turns, your perceived range should be super strong in this situation and if I'm thinking correctly, a 25nl TAG isn't really protecting his PF+flop calling range well enough to have a strong enough hand to call you down (unless he has 88).
    HAI spenda btw. Thanks man. My range was wide as shit compared to yours in hand 1. In hand 2 I'm scared to bet flop because I think he calls a ton but you are right that means to just double barrel a ton.

1. Villain is pretty loose overall playing a positionally aware game but just meh overall making some obvious mistakes in cbetting/checking turn everytime he has air etc. He took a ton of time on the turn. I can't really see what he's repping besides a set (which I don't think he has much) and air.

UTG ($26.13)
    MP ($9.98)
    Button ($25)
    SB ($35.37)
    Hero (BB) ($38.48)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A
    3 folds, SB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, SB calls $2

Flop: ($5.50) A, 6, J (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.50) 2 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB raises to $6.40, Hero calls $4.15

River: ($18.30) 8 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $18.30 | Rake: $0.91

2.Same villain above. I think once he c/c turn he definitely has either a draw or 8x. Is river value too thin here?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($26.48)
    UTG ($40.42)
    Hero (Button) ($33.16)
    SB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
    UTG bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 4, 7, 8 (2 players)
    UTG bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.65) 3 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $3, UTG calls $3

River: ($10.65) 2 (2 players)
    UTG checks
    1) Hand 1 is a flat 100% of the time and I think 3 betting this hand is very bad.

2) I'd b/f 6 or 7 dollars
    Hand 1 - I usually do just flat but felt like I could really own him I guess postflop which made me want to play a bigger pot than normal. Bad reasoning for sure but can you say why you think it's very bad? I mean yeah I get that I'd flat with it a ton because we are ahead of his range, can use equity to semibluff a ton postflop etc. but I just want to hear your thoughts please. Thanks for responding man.
    Hand 1) I don't mind the 3bet as much as meeloche, especially if villain is the type that will make getting to SD bvb with A high very difficult. I'd rather 3bet A5o though.

Hand 2) I'd just check back, I don't think he's c/c with worse much. Would need his utg stats to know for sure though, if he's opening wide I like a bet more.
    A3 bet flop. Raise turn as played.
    44 fine, except bet turn harder to charge the draws in his range etc. After the cr i play it the same.

XX - well you only 3-bet pre against this guy if you're planning to call his shove. So TT+/AQs+ i guess if you're a nit, wider otherwise. But there is more value in calling those wider parts of the range i think, even oop.
    TJo i fold pre.

A5s - I don't like 3-b pre. check turn behind
    99 - check behind or bet-fold, leanign towards check behind
    I don't get how 99 is a check behind on the river?
    Hand 1 - I usually do just flat but felt like I could really own him I guess postflop which made me want to play a bigger pot than normal. Bad reasoning for sure but can you say why you think it's very bad? I mean yeah I get that I'd flat with it a ton because we are ahead of his range, can use equity to semibluff a ton postflop etc. but I just want to hear your thoughts please. Thanks for responding man.
    You blow out the few aces you dominate and all the 5's you dominate by 3 betting. Your building a pot vs a range where your unsure how happy you should be on A high boards. A5s plays very well multiway and with a high spr. So I just don't see a reason to waste it when you could 3 bet something else in your "bluff range".
    99 is clearly a vbet, people are missing he's in the CO b/c it's 4handed
    Thanks meeloche/spenda. Here's 3 hands from my short session today:

1. UTG was a donk playing 55/35. BB is also a donk playing 80/12 over 25 hands though. No real reads on him postflop except that he had folded 2 out of 5 times on the flop. Is this a cbet for value? Regardless I check and expect for him to check behind and then me get 2 streets of value on the turn/river as opposed to flop/turn or flop/river. After preflop I think his range is something like AK/AQ/KQ/JJ-22. On the turn I think he can actually do this a lot with his range...some as a bluff/"protection"/value (even with like TT/JJ). Once he bets large on river I think he only have value hands and my bluff catcher is a fold.

SB ($25.65)
    BB ($44.14)
    UTG ($26.01)
    MP ($41.44)
    CO ($25)
    Hero (Button) ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
    UTG bets $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.70) K, 5, 4 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.70) 4 (2 players)
    BB bets $3.36, Hero calls $3.36

River: ($11.42) 2 (2 players)
    BB bets $9.84, Hero folds

Total pot: $11.42 | Rake: $0.57

2. Villain was playing 59/14 fold to cbet 3 out of 6 times in 24 hands. Wasn't really aggressive so far postflop but not many hands. Flop I think he can have sets/two pairs but also KQ/87/Tx. Is it safe to assume has Tx a lot to make 3betting flop profitable? I planned on 3bet/calling obviously but once he just flats my 3bet I think I have the best hand a ton here and the turn helps me.

SB ($25)
    BB ($26.10)
    UTG ($12.18)
    Hero (MP) ($25.35)
    CO ($15.47)
    Button ($30.41)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
    1 fold, Hero bets $0.85, CO calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 3, 9, 10 (2 players)
    Hero bets $1.25, CO raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $6, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($14.05) 9 (2 players)
    Hero bets $9.84, CO calls $8.62 (All-In)

River: ($31.29) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $31.29 | Rake: $1.56

3. Meh this is weird. Villain is running 67/25 but is weird postflop and bets with weak stuff and also calls way too much. Two hands prior I had 8x in the BB flop (limped pot) came 883 and he lead for 2x pot with 3x and called down my bets on turn/river when he checked to me. Preflop he can have a ton of stuff here and 99 crushes that range. Flop is pretty good and when he bets so small I think he has Ax or other overs a lot as opposed to an actual valuable hand. Should I raise flop? I raise turn for value as his hand just seems so weak. I'm sure you all will say to raise bigger if raising is good but I mean his hand is so weak should I really be betting more? River can I raise for value? It's weird that he bets on a 2...

BB ($24.65)
    UTG ($37.72)
    MP ($26.98)
    Hero (Button) ($29.05)
    SB ($21.04)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
    1 fold, MP bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.75) 3, 6, 4 (2 players)
    MP bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

Turn: ($4.19) 2 (2 players)
    MP bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.25, MP calls $1.65

River: ($8.69) 2 (2 players)
    MP bets $1.08
    QQ - Against an 80/12 I cbet flop. This will end the hand here alot and get calls from worse e.g. A2-A5, 65, 76.
    BB is also a donk playing 80/12 over 25 hands though. After preflop I think his range is something like AK/AQ/KQ/JJ-22.
    This is an extremely narrow range given player description. Widen his range ALOT. Fish call 3bets in the BB much lighter and your 3b was not a big one due to UTG's small raise.

JJ - Fine but cbet bigger. If fish are calling $1.25 they are calling $1.75 - $2.00.

99 - When a 67/25 raises the CO and I am on the button I am 3 betting. You said it yourself.
    Preflop he can have a ton of stuff here and 99 crushes that range.
    As played raise flop as he is probably drawing/has overs and don't give him odds. Your turn raise is strange. Villain has to call $1.65 into $7 giving pot odds of over 4:1. Therefore you give any decent x combos lovely odds.
    Kmind:

I cbet QQ vs that guy. As Shif said, he has a bunch of hands he might call and more importantly he doesnt seem like the player to bluff the turn very often when we check back.

JJ I´m not sure, I rarely b/3b flop. I feel like many players are heavily unbalanced when they minraise our cbet, holding either a v strong or v weak range. I might be wrong tho, but I go in c/c mode on flop, looking to c/c one more street.

99 indeed is weird. Raising turn turns our hand pretty much into a bluff, Id rather build a pot on flop making it 3ish there.

Today was the first time time in 4 days I really got to play after being ill. Eventually I ended up trying out the rush tables and I totally hate it. It seems like the format actually rewards playing styles, which are losing in normal games. Like playing very tight or notably loose both has merits, as your opponents have no other choice than assuming somewhat average players when assigning ranges. Or more to the point, the edge you may have over nits and donks vanishes as you can´t identify them.

#11 Second orbit at the rush tables. I obviously have no reads and already hate life on flop. I dont think he´s leading anything worse for value for pot twice, which cuts his range down to FDs and JJ/22/55.
    $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
    9 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($27.75)
    UTG+1 ($51.50)
    MP1 ($66.50)
    MP2 ($52.10)
    Hero ($51.25)
    CO ($20.30)
    BTN ($50)
    SB ($53.30)
    BB ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is MP3
    4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50, 3 players)
    SB bets $4.50, BB folds, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($13.50, 2 players)
    SB bets $13.50

#12 Another rush hand. No idea about the CO, but I can remember playing with the SB, so he is prob some sort of reg (looking into HM afterwards hes a 15/12 nit at 50nl/pl). Given that nits tend to setmine in inappropiate places, is cbetting the flop okayor should I rather be giving up here?

6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($135.75)
    UTG+1 ($99.25)
    CO ($79.35)
    Hero ($90.75)
    SB ($65.50)
    BB ($155.50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $4.25, 1 fold, CO calls $3

Flop: ($14, 3 players)
    SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $8
    yo
    it seems thin to me. Villain as described is TT/JJ/22/55/66/68/78/89/8T/A8 here most of the time. I see him check-calling as many hands that beat you as hands you have beaten, he's not folding better = to me the bet seems at best neutral EV.
    #13 No particular reads on the villian. His numbers show 23/20 over 170 and he hasn´t 3bet me this session, his 3b% is 6.7 . I dont think I could get three streets of value vs his range, but figured he may v well be floating overcards on the flop he´s looking to bet when checked to, hence c/c´ing turn. I have really no idea what the heck he is repping on the river beside the somewhat unlikely QX two pairs.
    6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($65.45)
    UTG+1 ($95.35)
    CO ($35.35)
    BTN ($33.05)
    Hero ($50.25)
    BB ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB
    4 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4, 2 players)
    Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

Turn: ($10, 2 players)
    Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($10, 2 players)
    Hero bets $7, BB raises to $22

#14 Villian sat down few orbits ago and I haven´t been paying attention. If I call pre I somewhat have to go all the way postflop on this board, Im wondering whether to shove flop or turn is best.
    5 Players

Stacks:
    Hero ($50.10)
    CO ($25.60)
    BTN ($50)
    SB ($28.95)
    BB ($55.35)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is UTG
    Hero raises to $1.75, 3 folds, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.25, 2 players)
    BB bets $8, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($27.25, 2 players)
    BB bets $18
    yo
    13 I'd bet turn
    14 I'd raise flop smallish but I'd guess I generally annoy people more than you so w/o history this may not be as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven
    it seems thin to me. Villain as described is TT/JJ/22/55/66/68/78/89/8T/A8 here most of the time. I see him check-calling as many hands that beat you as hands you have beaten, he's not folding better = to me the bet seems at best neutral EV.
    great thinking had villain played the hand in anyway like he could possibly have better hands than 99
    13: bet turn vs his draws and smaller overpairs
    14: once you call the flop your hand looks pretty much like QQ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73
    Quote Originally Posted by daven
    great thinking had villain played the hand in anyway like he could possibly have better hands than 99
    dunno, pre-flop/flop TAG-nits seem to pot-control some weird spots = I think the range above isn't too far off. Make it black tens and jacks and 2pr suited only and i still think it's a neutral ev bet. My first response looking at this hand was bet-fold or check-behind, thinking more i favoured check behind.

But I SUCK AT THIN VALUE = what sort of sizing you think we should be going for here, 3/5 pot or something? Obviously we want 66/T8 to be calling, and pot is too big, or is it?
    it's a really draw-heavy board, the turn completely bricks, and he has the lead. To think he's going to "pot-control" a hand better than 99 here is ridiculous and if he does he deserves to be playing $25nl
    Cheers dozer, cheers spenda. I do agree with just betting the #13, although I thought there was at least some merit to the line I took. On the #14 I really can´t see me raising this flop ever, does that mean I give him too much credit for 3betting my UTG oop? We´d prob looking to raise/call, but I´m not confident he´s b/shoving JJ-TT,AhKh often enough to justify this. Otoh flatting the flop is kinda obvious as well and seems kinda dirty.

Today I would say I played exceptionally well. Partly because I got that full tilt cowboy hat which makes you feel like a very cool and funny person (I wore it all the way when I drove home this afternoon) and partly because I discovered a way to avoid paying $1k for the upcoming semester.

#15 No reads at this point. Player search shows him playing 5 tables of 50nl, so he might be some sort of regular. Tbh honest I folded rather quickly and was surprised when I saw the stove. During the hand I was actually considering c/folding the flop, now it seems like an fairly easy b/c or am I missing something?

Stacks:
    UTG ($94.25)
    UTG+1 ($62.05)
    CO ($52.30)
    BTN ($41.90)
    SB ($73.20)
    Hero ($73.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, CO raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6.50, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $4.50

Flop: ($13.75, 2 players)
    Hero bets $9, CO goes all-in $45.80, $36.8 to Hero?

Code:
    Board: 9s Td Jh
    Dead:  

Hand 0: 	44.473%  	43.28% 	01.20% 	         53982 	     1494.00   { KK }
    Hand 1: 	55.527%  	54.33% 	01.20% 	         67770 	     1494.00   { QQ-99, AQs, KQs }
    #16 New table no reads, opponent has been limping some buttons and SB´s and is one tabling, so I consider him less competent. It would be very ambitous of him to be bluffing here, right?

Stacks:
    BTN ($55.20)
    SB ($49.45)
    Hero ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 3 players) Hero is BB
    BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $2, SB calls $2

Flop: ($7.50, 3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $6, BTN folds, SB calls $6

Turn: ($19.50, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB calls $13

River: ($45.50, 2 players)
    SB bets $27.95
    yo
    stove makes the KK a call however you might want to throw in QJ/AA/88/9Ts/JTs/etc...

2nd one looks like an ez fold, perhaps a little bigger on the turn
    15 - i don't like the range and don't like folding here either
    16 - that river is gross. Now fold. He has KQ/JJ like never
    So yesterday I had no idea how to get to FTR with all the errors. IE helped me figured out I need to clear my cache which worked at least. The converter is not working for me sorry!

1. This is kind of weird because I have no reads. How often does Asx make up his range? Can I bet turn for value still? If so, bet largish or small? TBH I bet small to b/f. I think he can have 9x in his range a lot as well as like Ksx because these players are so bad. If he raises I am done as well as if he calls and a blank hits river. If a spade hits river I bet if checked to or call depending on his bet size if he bets.

Full Tilt Poker Game #17915708965: Table Webster (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:53:21 ET - 2010/01/25
    Seat 1: Speedfox ($38.13)
    Seat 2: SuitsUs ($25)
    Seat 3: 2K2K ($25)
    Seat 4: LetsMakeItRain ($17.31)
    Seat 5: lubalo11 ($26.29)
    Seat 6: oleg888k ($36.37)
    Speedfox posts the small blind of $0.10
    SuitsUs posts the big blind of $0.25
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to SuitsUs [Qc Qs]
    2K2K folds
    LetsMakeItRain calls $0.25
    lubalo11 folds
    oleg888k folds
    Speedfox calls $0.15
    SuitsUs raises to $1.50
    LetsMakeItRain calls $1.25
    Speedfox folds
    *** FLOP *** [4s 3s 9s]
    SuitsUs bets $2.25
    LetsMakeItRain calls $2.25
    *** TURN *** [4s 3s 9s] [Ad]
    SuitsUs has 15 seconds left to act
    SuitsUs

2. Again readless. Second hand. I rarely limp in the SB but meh I just assume I can play it profitable here. Should I lead flop? After betting pot on the turn should I stop betting?

Full Tilt Poker Game #17878124645: Table Justin (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:46:06 ET - 2010/01/24
    Seat 1: 33 p nuts ($26.35)
    Seat 3: PrivateJohns0n5 ($7.70)
    Seat 4: SuitsUs ($25.90)
    Seat 5: mudzin85 ($43.34), is sitting out
    Seat 6: ChoicesArt ($32.48)
    SuitsUs posts the small blind of $0.10
    ChoicesArt posts the big blind of $0.25
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to SuitsUs [Ts Qc]
    33 p nuts folds
    PrivateJohns0n5 calls $0.25
    SuitsUs calls $0.15
    ChoicesArt checks
    *** FLOP *** [5h Jd Kh]
    SuitsUs checks
    ChoicesArt checks
    PrivateJohns0n5 checks
    *** TURN *** [5h Jd Kh] [Ks]
    SuitsUs bets $0.75
    ChoicesArt folds
    PrivateJohns0n5 has 15 seconds left to act
    PrivateJohns0n5 calls $0.75
    *** RIVER *** [5h Jd Kh Ks] [7s]
    LKBHG sits down
    SuitsUs
    1 I actually don't hate gaybet/folding the turn
    2 Good spot to overbet if the pot was worth winning but that doesn't seem to be the case
    Haha...I did gaybet in hand 1 and overbet in hand 2
    #17 This gets posted to remind myself taking this stupid line in these spots. Villian is some sort of reg, his numbers look TAGish but he hasn´t done anything impressive, playing pretty straight forward postflop and not 3betting much pre. Hes playing a bunch of tables and according to PTR he has a decent sized winning sample at 1/2nl. I do take this line a lot in these spots, because being wa/wb I´m not too sure whether or not betting turn is cool. I definetly am worrying too much about the fact that I am hardly, if ever betting anything worse 67s on turn, because apparently the guy prob has no idea anywy after 70 hands and there are still plenty {67s-97s, 66, 88-TT} left to call one or two more bets. Also he will only bluff his non pair overcard floats on turn when checked to and is likely to just try to show down his weaker pairs, so b/f without a doubt?

Stacks:
    Hero ($70.65)
    UTG+1 ($53.10)
    CO ($52.25)
    BTN ($50)
    SB ($50.25)
    BB ($40.95)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG
    Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players)
    Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.25, 2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25

#17 Villian in this hand is semi fishy. Chances are he is a bit stationy postflop, but it could be hes just been hitting well the past orbits. Anyway, with his range being wide and all the FDs and gutters I dont know why I checked the turn. Betting river y/n?
    6 Players

Stacks:
    Hero ($50)
    UTG+1 ($60.95)
    CO ($33.40)
    BTN ($58.45)
    SB ($15.65)
    BB ($28.65)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG
    Hero raises to $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($6, 3 players)
    Hero bets $5, UTG+1 calls $5, CO folds

Turn: ($16, 2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: ($16, 2 players)
    Hero bets $9, UTG+1 calls $9
    yo
    XTR.. you confuse me!

I swear you're betting in spots it's better to check and checking in spots it's better to bet.

JJ hand - I can't imagine what you're scared of here? Just barrel until you're given a reason otherwise. bet flop, bet turn, b/f riv. As far as I'm concerned you have the nuts here till told otherwise. Sometimes you'll value town yourself vs QQ slowplayed pre but meh.

99 hand - I don't mind the flop bet or turn check. Both are probably ok, but I don't really see the value in the river bet? Certainly not compared to potentially c/c? Why bet river instead of c/c when draws missed?
    17 JJ - bet turn, your analysis is fine except that you're very rarely way behind. If he's monkey-checked-to you could c-r, but you have nowhere near the history/reads required. If you KNOW he's floaty then it may be different.

17 99 - pre-flop, tick. Flop, tick. Turn, meh, bet-fold or check are both fine here i think. River can be either bet-fold or check-call. I don't think there's much difference unless he's the type of station to bluff missed draws.

a couple of standard hands vs floaters from the last day or two - in both cases this is non-optimal in a vacuum, but this is vs regs who float and it's way good for meta:
    Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($37)
    SB ($62.20)
    BB ($50)
    UTG ($55.65)
    Hero (UTG+1) ($74.15)
    MP1 ($40)
    MP2 ($51.25)
    MP3 ($19.50)
    CO ($28.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A, A
    1 fold, Hero bets $1.75, 1 fold, MP2 calls $1.75, 5 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 6, 2, 8 (2 players)
    Hero bets $3, MP2 calls $3

Turn: ($10.25) 9 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP2 bets $5, Hero raises to $22

and

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP3) ($82.50)
    CO ($62.90)
    Button ($16.75)
    SB ($56.65)
    BB ($24.80)
    UTG ($18.50)
    UTG+1 ($52.55)
    MP1 ($10.40)
    MP2 ($96.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K
    3 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero bets $2.25, CO calls $2.25, 4 folds

Flop: ($5.75) 5, 4, 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5.75, CO calls $5.75

Turn: ($17.25) 3 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $10, Hero raises ,
    Whatever Grif said
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Daven

AA hand - I don't really like this spot to turn c/r, even if you know they are floaters. This isn't a very good board or turn card. Turn card completes OESD and possible two pairs..so you can def be value towning yourself with your c/r. Also, it's a board where a lot of his hands could have pair+draws that will check back often so you're just giving them a free look, when they will mostly call turns.

KK hand - I like this c/r better. He can def convince himself that you are doing this with Ax or some BS. Still sucks that 67 got there though. Would prefer it a bit more on 5334 board or something.
    meh id still go bet bet bet with the KK as well...

AA hand is meh, sure his weak sizing means this is usually pair +draw type, but its hard to say with these guys. But if he bet any bigger this is suicide.

1. Vs. Complete unknown. I felt like his line meant draw a ton or even a worse second pair and sometimes TP. Dumb? What if I have like J8? Any difference?

Hero (Button) ($25)
    SB ($11.51)
    BB ($10.45)
    UTG ($25)
    MP ($69.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 7
    2 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 2, 4, 8 (2 players)
    BB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.25, BB raises to $9.70 (All-In), Hero calls $5.45

2. Both villains were donks. No postflop reads however. MP was playing 26/6 over 32 hands and Button was playing 76/0 over 53 hands. This is straight up value town everytime right? I hate my turn sizing as the 9 helps out his two pairs, KQ, and Ax and I think at least one will call bigger bets if not both. Why do I cringe when that river hits as if they always have KQ?

Button ($16.71)
    SB ($40.78)
    BB ($26.78)
    Hero (UTG) ($25)
    MP ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, 10
    Hero bets $0.85, MP calls $0.85, Button calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.90) 10, A, 5 (3 players)
    Hero bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75, Button calls $1.75

Turn: ($8.15) 9 (3 players)
    Hero bets $5.50, MP calls $5.50, Button calls $5.50

River: ($24.65) J (3 players)
    Hero bets $16.90 (All-In)
    griffey, alexos - thanks!
    Kmind/XTR - sorry for the thread hijack, it was in vague reference to xtr's float comment.... I'll stick to commenting on your hands again! But, I'm glad that i posted the two hands - reading comments and looking at the AA hand again and i'm liking the c-r less as well. KK and villain's range is full of overpairs that are call-call-calling too, meaning that i'll probably get the same value regardless of line although cr and maybe I'll look like a flush draw or something.

78s - pre-flop I like, flop I fold to the lead and choose a better spot. Like he's always either ahead or has 12+ outs. You need a heart to make this good.
    TT - pre-flop good. Flop good that you cbet, but they call $2 or $2.25 as much as $1.75. $2.25 makes the turn $10 and then you can bet way bigger. As played you need to figure out if their ranges are drawy or made = sizing varies. I tend to bet bigger on boards with vaguely drawy boards and where i know that i'll feel river pot committed etc. I prefer pot $7 as played, but i may get flamed for that.
    quit poker if all you think about when the J hits if zomg they have KQ I run so bad at life

87s I'd call the flop and pozz my position
    Re #17/JJ: I´m not checking beacuse I think Im beat, I´m fairly sure I´m ahead of whatever range floats the flop. Checking turn is like a bad old habit I´m getting rid of.

Re #18/99: Yea, I see how checking turn is awful. But vs a fairly loose passive, you´d still c/c rather than b/f river?

Anyway, I really appreciate your input griff, it´s cool you´re stopping by here so often.

re daven: Nevermind the hi -jack, I´m glad you´re contributing here! In your AA I´m not sure I like turning our hand into a bluff especially on this turn, which hardly improves our range anyway. If he´s completely fos, c/c, if he´s drawing or sticking to weaker pairs, b/f imo. Your sizing makes this even more of a bluff. That KK I like better as stack sizes make a c/r necessary to get it all in by the river.

kmind 87s: What spenda said. If your going to raise Id just jam the flop right away over his lead. With TT Id bet more on every street. If you were coming off an extended run of decent cards and boards you´d be happy about the J b/c the guy had AJ/J5 all the time. Get rid of this bad feeling and minimize your tables whenever you hit the AI button.
    yo