Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 81 of 420 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,075 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Northbound Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Feb 2 11

lol. hilarious

i was just going to make a post about how this 'blizzard' wasn't so bad, just standard/typical cleveland weather, etc. wow.

also, nice post re: bacteria. that was pretty educational for us cooking newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    lol. hilarious

i was just going to make a post about how this 'blizzard' wasn't so bad, just standard/typical cleveland weather, etc. wow.

The more I think about it, the more I kinda wish I didn't make the post. I don't want to encourage people to be lax about food safety and sanitation. And that's a big reason I mentioned raw tuna, so people know you can't leave everything out on the counter for 6 hours and be fine.

I honestly won't eat seared tuna at most places. First cuz I'm not that impressed by it, and second most people don't know how to safely handle tuna.

edit: same goes for tuna in sushi, or tuna tartar.
    interesting, especially considering i went out for half-priced sushi last night, ate some, and had the leftovers literally about an hour ago. that included both ala carte tuna and a spicy tuna roll fwiw. odds of me dying within 24 hours?
    odds of you dying are low, but please stop doing that.
    omg I love tuna sushi though
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by courtiebee View Post
    omg I love tuna sushi though
    Nice places should be able to handle it safely though and there are a ton of such restaurants in Van. I don't think boost is suggesting tuna sushi is a no-no in all circumstances. Any place combining words meaning "discount" and "sushi" is pretty much a horrible idea though, as are leftovers.
    Wow, quality responses guys.

Results: didn't eat bacon, I couldn't stomach food this morning after too many vodka redbulls. It's gone back into the fridge where housemate insists it'll be fine to eat tomorrow or Friday. I'm not going to bother, however I'll definitely inform a likely enthralled FTR if he gets the shits.

boost, does this mean that if I make too much tuna mayo I shouldn't leave it until tomorrow? Awesome Chicago pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    lol. hilarious

You near Cleveland Lukie? I'm about an hour south of there... a lot of ice, not so much snow... makes the shoveling a bitch, but not a big deal.
    I don't know what this tuna-mayo thing is? Google tells me its just mayo and canned tuna + garnishes?

Canned tuna should be fine, as it is likely flash frozen on the boat, then it is shoved in a can where it is sterilized by boiling the cans. So before being cooked, the tuna doesn't really have a chance to develop scombroid, and while cooking does not get rid of the chemical (its a chemical that causes scombroid poisoning, not bacteria) it does halt the decay of the flesh which is what produces the chemical.
    my wife would kill me for posting this, but the whole tuna thing may explain why her farts yesterday could peel the paint off of walls...she made the whole tuna/mayo concoction 2-3 days ago, ate the leftovers either the night before or yesterday morning, and BLAMO, literally. Stomach didn't hurt just had god awful gas that I do not want to smell ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by UG View Post
    my wife would kill me for posting this, but the whole tuna thing may explain why her farts yesterday could peel the paint off of walls...she made the whole tuna/mayo concoction 2-3 days ago, ate the leftovers either the night before or yesterday morning, and BLAMO, literally. Stomach didn't hurt just had god awful gas that I do not want to smell ever again.

lol, this was likely just from eating lots of tuna mayo. It most certainly wasn't scombroid. Scombroid symptoms are almost identical to a severe allergic reaction.
    godddammit the kids have tomorrow off, but teachers have to go to school for a "professional development" day. FML, I hate those days with a passion, I'd much rather have 20-25 kids in my class and try to teach them shit. I guess this is a way to not add an extra day onto the school year, but still, I'd rather sit on my ass with my wife/kid and not do a damn thing if I don't want to. buy now, pay later, I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash256 View Post
    I'm going to ask the randomness thread probably the worst question that's ever been asked of it (but it's sciencey so let us gogogogo).

I left some vacuum sealed frozen bacon out in the room, went out, got drunk, and when I came back it was defrosted and at warm room temperature. The max it could've been thawed through at room temp is about 6 hours. Will it be good to eat if cooked crispy?
    The bacon was salted and smoked. The process of curing meat is so that you don't have to worry about Germs. Bacon is a "mostly cured" product.
    Add in the fact that vacuum sealed means that there was no way for the germs to get in, and no where for them to live while you were doing you thing. This is all assuming this bacon was made and packaged in God loving, pure American air.

If it was Hecho en Mexico, or in that dirty Canadian weed-air, good luck, god speed, you're on your own.
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    tuna is notorious for bad gas. mb its the extra protein, mb its just the tuna
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    odds of you dying are low, but please stop doing that.
    will do, especially with tuna.

are there any types of fish/sushi that are ok for leftovers, and all that implies? (likely, at room temp in restaurant for a while, in warm car on the ride back, and in the fridge for perhaps 24 hours)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty3038 View Post
    You near Cleveland Lukie? I'm about an hour south of there... a lot of ice, not so much snow... makes the shoveling a bitch, but not a big deal.
    yes, north royalton.

most of the ice came yesterday which was pretty unique/bad but it wasn't as bad as expected. there was a ton of snow today but not really anything new for us in the lightish snow belt.
    Salmon should be fine I guess... I mean the idea of left over sushi just kinda grosses me out. Unless its a vegi roll, I'd just practice avoidance tbh.
    I agree. I just figured it would be good to know in case the situation ever came up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    ha, awesome.

I see the points from Benjamin, and agree to a certain extent, I wouldn't like it if I paid the same for water as my neighbor who used twice as much. But bandwidth is different than an actual resource like water. I don't know the facts and stats, but how much can it really cost an ISP to give out 25 GB v 500 GB per month?

But the main thing that chaps my ass is the 25 GB limit. Twenty five fucking gigabytes? Even if you aren't a turbo butt pirate like Jack, you can easily hit 25 GB in one day watching Youtube videos, or streaming Netflix. 25 GB is fucking absurd, if they're serious about this they need a real number in place.

If this happened in the US, I would be fucked. I work online and do a lot of down/uploading via ftp. I'd break 25 GB in one fucking day.
    Also, I would think most of the cost comes from setting up the infrastructure to transfer the bandwidth. Once the system is online, wouldn't most of the cost of providing bandwidth be drastically reduced?

edit - ya i'm late to the convo, went back and re-read some stuff.
    Last edited by givememyleg; 02-03-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Fear not, freedom has won the day. Conservatives to quash CRTC decision killing unlimited Internet

BennyLaRue and his oppressive cohorts have been defeated... for now.
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 02-03-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    BennyLaRue and his oppressive cohorts have been defeated... for now.
    FACK! THIS IS GONNA COST ME MONEY.

I still hope a cap gets put on but it needs to be more realistic, like 250GB/month, with provisions that allow it to grow frequently.
    I'm using Shaw high-speed internet, and I checked to see what the details of my account are. Apparently I get 60gb of usage per month, and the last 3 months I have averaged only 22gb or so. I'm on the computer all the time, and I download a new season of something every week almost. I am fine with the way it is.
    The Onion Sportsdome is some of the most high quality television around.

Ben Roethlisberger One Win Away From Being Good Person | The Onion Sports Network
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    ^This man is on fire with baller links today!

John Daly Guesses At Alcohol-Blurred Life In New Autobiography | The Onion Sports Network

My favorite
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Of course it's not about just covering costs. Welcome to a capitalist environment. Electricity wholesale is a lot cheaper than I buy it for, as is water, as are wireless data minutes.

How is this different?
    Comparing bandwidth and data transfer to electricity or water is making a false equivalency. Electricity and water are finite resources with significant costs of production attached, whereas bandwith is not and does not, after infrastructure costs and the marginal cost of electricity to run the hardware. The cost of data transfer is estimated to be 0.01-0.03 cents per GB at most. What you are actually paying for is the aforementioned infrastructure.

These so called 'heavy' users which the CRTC Chair wants to penalize are actually just early adopters of new technologies and services. Everybody's
    data use is climbing at a predictable rate. The average broadband connection transfers 15GB a month so how many of those early adopters (like, say, Canada's new Netflix customers?) do you think are going to blow by a 25GB cap in like a week or even a day?

This whole kerfuffle is a great thing. What it has done is opened the eyes of many Canadians to what the issues are (and how they are being gouged) which will only bring more pressure to open the market to more competition. In the long run, I think this will actually prove to be a huge strategic blunder on the part of Bell, Rogers et al, as they may very well have brought about the exact opposite of what they were trying to achieve.

This guy is required reading. Educate yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe View Post
    Comparing bandwidth and data transfer to electricity or water is making a false equivalency.
    Fine. Long distance fees. Wireless minutes. Wireless data. You've ignored half my question. They're the same scenario as Internet usage...usually pay per use or tiered with fees beyond certain thresholds.

Why is Internet usage different?
    Now you're talking...and we are being gouged on the wireless side as well. Canadians pay the highest wireless costs in the WORLD. Why?

I don't know why you would be happy with the status quo. There's no good reason why Canadians should be paying what we are for telecommunications services, other than lack of competition. We are being raped and most Canadians just say, "Please, sir, may I have another?"
    Now you're talking...and we are being gouged on the wireless side as well. Canadians pay the highest wireless costs in the WORLD. Why?

I don't know why you would be happy with the status quo. There's no good reason why Canadians should be paying what we are for telecommunications services, other than lack of competition. We are being raped and most Canadians just say, "Please, sir, may I have another?"
    This is clear and sure, competition would be more beneficial as a downward pressure on price, for me, for everyone. The point is that pay for usage has been clearly accepted on other products and services but when it comes to the Intarweb, 99% of those in this discussion are all OMG, I needz my limitless streaming HD. I don't get that. It's irrational. I think it's a self-serving and unrealistic attitude in a capitalist environment. The cost or value of those services is not in debate. The exception of Internet bandwidth from the pay-per-use paradigm IS.

You conceded that the cost of the infrastructure is the big expense for telcos. I agree there is no significant variable cost to providing GBs to a customer if the infrastructure is already in place. But you sort of fluffed it off, like the capital investment was insignificant. Rogers, Bell, Aliant, Telus, MTS all spend BILLIONS every year on wireline network infrastructure, let alone wireless. And that's just to service one-tenth of the population the US has. I believe Verizon is paying $40 BILLION over 5 years for fiber to the home. British Telecom is paying the same for a similar service. We'll ultimately have to pay for that as consumers, plus an unhealthy margin. Those FTTH plans began years ago, based on the growth requirements of that time. Did they foresee this level of demand? If uncapped bandwidth growth, and offering HD streaming services like Netflix means the growth is exponential, means that these telcos have to upgrade bigger and more often, who is going to fund that? Be realistic. "Costs are already too high, we're getting gouged" is not an answer. It's factually correct, but not an answer. The way it will ultimately work, realistically, is that these major guys will pay increasing billions in order to compete on speed and capacity and we'll collectively pay billions many times. Broadband has graduated to a near-requirement in every home. Prices are now highly inelastic and competition will not be a refuge. You won't be able to go to small ISPs to protect yourself from large carriers raising prices because the CRTC will just keep raising what major carriers can charge them.

You have to take their data with a grain of salt because who know the source or method, but if the number that the CRTC released is even close to true, that 14% of the consumers make up 83% of the current internet traffic, that tells me pay-per-use makes some sense. The caps as announced were much too low, of course, but I started off by saying so.

As for being happy with the status quo, I never said I like my bill being what it is but, again, I'm being realistic. Yes, a more competitive environment would go far toward price improvements for consumers. But we don't have that. We're not going to get that anytime soon in Canada. Look at how long it's taken for the latest wireless players to offer any service, let alone grow into significant carriers. Even if the CRTC opens up the market, change will take a while. In this environment, with this competition, slower growth means less capital investment required, which means less $ for me to pay in the end.
    You're missing the point of the whole debate (as most Canadians are, actually). The pay-for-use model per se is not in question. Most direct Rogers and Bell customers are going to continue under the current usage-based-billing regime. What is causing the outrage is that the incumbent telcos and cable companies are imposing their own pricing structure on the smaller ISPs who are supposed to be their competition, which the incumbents are mandated by law to give access to their networks, precisely because the regulator saw the need to encourage competition in the marketplace back when. At the same time, they are drastically lowering their caps in order to raise a barrier to entry to services like Netflix because otherwise their TV subscriber revenue will be seriously eroded. They say its about managing traffic, but that is complete and utter bullshit (there are numerous sources to document that, and I'm not going to do all your work for you). At its core, this is a debate about anti-competitive actions and a duopoly (cable incumbent/telco incumbent) flexing its muscles and openly colluding with the blessings of an incompetent regulator to keep competition out and prices high.

Let's not forget that the big boys got that way by originally having a monopoly, and built a lot of their infrastructure with generous government subsidies aka your money. Yes, they are entitled to a ROI - nobody is questioning that - but they can get away with charging what they do because, again, what the regulator calls a 'competitive' market really isn't.

EDIT: Another Michael Geist column worth reading.
    Last edited by Warpe; 02-04-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    How retarded is this?

Last edited by Warpe; 02-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    You're missing the point of the whole debate (as most Canadians are, actually).
    Exactly on the last part. Yours is really not the common view on this issue. It's certainly an important part of the competition debate but the watercooler reaction has been the "OMG capping me" argument, even from customers who have been operating under a cap for months or years, and the superficial reaction is what I really have been finding irrational. This is especially true for those who want to use unlimited broadband in order to ditch cable or satellite. Where they once paid $50/month for cable and $30/month for broadband, they think it's insane that they shouldn't be able to now pay $30/month for both services or $38/month for broadband and Netflix.

I understand your view and agree with what you're saying about the broken market. But it's not about creating a competitive environment for me. It's an aspect of the argument I find admirable but one that won't happen in the next 10 years min., especially with a Conservative gov't in power, so I'm overlooking it as even a possibility. This is about my own $$ and the fake competition that exists today won't keep MY prices down, therefore costs need to be kept down. Bullshit or not, that's the excuse telcos will use to protect their margins.
    I used to pay $200 to get 512 Kbps (uncapped, yay) back in '04. If I'd still have to pay the same amount while all neighboring countries/cities/people around me would pay like $80 for 16 Mbps (32 times more speed), I'd be beyond pissed. I paid for Infrastructure upgrades just as everyone else have been, because that's part of the natural operating expense of any given company (that has competition). At some point after all that paying, I'd expect to remain on level with at least some countries around me, or elsewhere in the world.

Last year, '09, I was paying $125 for 4Mbps. And then a new player entered the market of Telco's on my island. Today I pay the same $125 (biggest package available), but I get 20Mbps and free phone calls. Could they have done it before the new player entered the market? Of course. Would they have done it? Never in a million years. If it were not for the new player, I'd still be paying $125 for 4Mbps.

The story was that the infrastructure is difficult, its very expensive to lay down whatever cables (despite we already paying hugely inflated monies), general bla bla, no governemnt permits and what have you. New player enters the market and BLAM! Instantly, all the hurdles were gone, service went through the roof.

Good thing was that the new company didn't like form an oligopoly (better called a duopoly) with the old company, else we'd be fucked. It would have been the anterior speed for the same money, take away the phone calls, and maybe throw in a cap for good measure, just for the fuck of it..

I don't really like being butt fucked, and much less to willingly get butt fucked. If you want to give me a service, give me a proper service or go away and take your service with you.

even from customers who have been operating under a cap for months or years
    Slavery was perfectly acceptable for years, but at some point, the slaves snapped the fuck out of it and told their oppressors to go fuck themselves. Something that has been going on for years does not make that something right.

Re: Electricity Analogy

Metering is fine, but you have to make it fair.

First, the ISPs must provide, at their cost, a fully certified standalone meter. Just like my water, gas and electricity meters, I can read them on my own. And by certified, I mean a government regulatory body has certified that the counts are accurate (i.e., everyone's byte is measured the same way). So the meter must be calibrated by NIST (for the US) or Industry Canada/Measurement Canada. This is so the ISPs cannot claim to include headers you don't see (e.g., DOCSIS or DSL physical headers). It must be standalone, so I can check my reading without clicking the meter. Built into the modem is fine. And yes, like my other utility meters, it must be sealed by the calibrating agency. In the event of a discrepancy, the meter is considered accurate. And meter to ISP traffic is free.

Second, the ISP must provide full speed. Just like my gas, water and electricity let me use up to the safe limits, the ISP must provide full technical speed. Not 5Mbps/10Mbps tiers, but if the hardware can do 25Mbps, they must provide 25Mbps. Sorry, but I don't buy electricity or water or gas in tiers - my breaker panel is 200A, and if I want to use 200A, I can use it at any time. DItto water and gas - I can use as much as I want.

Third, no quotas. You bill by the byte like my electricity, water and gas. If I use 0 bytes, I pay $0. If you want the cellphone provider model, then it must be a hard cap - if I pay for 60GB, I want my internet to stop at 60GB. If I request overage ability, you can charge me the regular per-byte rate. Which is set by the public regulatory agency.

Finally, the meter should not count traffic I do not control. If someone pingfloods me, I shouldn't have to worry about racking up a big bill. With water, gas, electricity, I'm in direct control of my consumption. With internet, I'm not.

You want to sell a commodity, you get treated as selling a commodity.
    And finally, this gem;
    Everyone seems to have the wrong end of this pitchfork. Build the super internet highway to meet the demand. Otherwise what your going to be clogging is innovation and economic growth.

Internet is the 21st century digital crack cocaine. A computer without internet or sufficient data transfer capacity is certainly a useless thing. They have already downsized the transfer caps that were already in place (60GB to 25, 120GB to 60 etc.); when will you react? When they downsize the current ones some more because "too many people are still straining the network with youtube and netflix"?
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 02-05-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Third, no quotas. You bill by the byte like my electricity, water and gas. If I use 0 bytes, I pay $0. If you want the cellphone provider model, then it must be a hard cap - if I pay for 60GB, I want my internet to stop at 60GB. If I request overage ability, you can charge me the regular per-byte rate. Which is set by the public regulatory agency.
    Jack, I'm not sure how this from your quoted portion supports your argument. It's a great idea and means you'd pay more considering your usage. I'd be all for it.

Everyone seems to have the wrong end of this pitchfork. Build the super internet highway to meet the demand. Otherwise what your going to be clogging is innovation and economic growth.
    Not sure where you quoted this from but it's overly simplistic and idealistic. First, you can't just snap your fingers and it's built. It would take time and cash and by the time it's built, the technology has advanced to the point where it needs to be built again. Second, these are private companies. Despite them being an important factor in innovation and economic growth, they have no responsibility to ensure these things are well fed. That's what a regulatory body should be doing but ours is shit, unfortunately.

Again, is it right? No. But that's what the reality is. Fight the power. Great. Step 1 of 9385 is realization of the situation. We've got a long way to go.
    It is now clear that BennyLaRue is on the take. No man could so callously deny the freedoms of his countrymen without having his pockets filled under the table. For shame!
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 02-05-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    omg they have hello kitty cupcakes!
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    It is now clear that BennyLaRue is on the take. No man could so callously deny the freedoms of his countrymen without having his pockets filled under the table. For shame!
    LOL totally!

I have just recently watched Good Eats ep. "Live and Let Diet". In it, it's the first time I've actually seen a Vitamix blender, which is definitely one of the 10 Most Important Things in a Man's Life. It's got a 2HP engine and also variable speed. It's a blender, and costs a small fortune but it's totally worth it!

I totally overhauled my eating recently, started going to the beach, the gym and plain old walking (running no good for me joints) a lot more frequently since last September. In that short time, I've already gotten a ton of compliments about people who have started to notice changes in my appearance for the better.

The most important thing for me was to learn to cook. I am now embarrassed to say that I could not cook to save my life, but now I have learned to prepare most of the healthier dishes that I currently consume. I don't have to go to Subway and spend a ton of money daily on stuff that actually taste the same and don't really help you (the cookies you get for free will fuck you, because hell who can say no to chocolate chip cookies? and iced tea full of high fructose corn syrup?) Bit by tiny, troublesome, burdensome and annoying bit, I have been learning to prepare my own shit and I'm loving it. It's one of those things that hit you, and then you go like how the fuck did you go on before.

What still tilts me shitless is the measurements. A cup, an ounce, a tablespoon, a teaspoon each are somehow measurements, with an ounce not being an actual ounce (100g) but 31g for the fuck of it. I got to convert everything into more sensible measurements, such as grams and milliliters on my own and its an incredibly tiresome and repetitive process.

I already lost about 10KG. I went from a solid 42 waist to a 38-40. I still want to lose about 20KG and be a proper 38 (don't think I can ever become a 36 though because my hip bones are in the way) even if that would be pretty fucked up because 38x34 seems to be a much more common pant size than 36x34) to be in the best shape of my life ever. I held out on buying a lot of clothing for this reason in the past, and that is why my whole wardrobe seems fit for a Russian gangster (which this friend who is a very beautiful girl keeps calling me, plus there are actually not enough suits in it to be a proper Italian gangster), but I want to start buying normal pants again. Oh, sizes can be a true pain in the ass.

Hopefully, I can maintain this train of thought for the foreseeable and unforeseeable future.

You are what you eat. Truer words have never been said imo.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    waiiiiiiiii soooooooooooo srsssssssss?
    hehehe I thought name changes were a no-no

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    seriously? norm macdonald is now the host of high stakes poker + no full tilt pros. dammit
    ^people always tell me that Norm MacDonald is awesome. I don't care to explain to them why they're wrong.

In other news, I wish I knew how to do/make everything in this video:

YouTube - Eat Drink Man Woman - Ang Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by fjuanl View Post
    seriously? norm macdonald is now the host of high stakes poker + no full tilt pros. dammit
    lol wat, norm macdonald??
    Quote Originally Posted by fjuanl View Post
    Norm MacDonald's awesome!

But even though he's one of my favorite comedians, this just doesn't feel right. Any word on why it's no longer Gabe? I can't see anyone doing a better job than him.

Seems like this is gonna be the last year for HSP though. How can it be a success without the FT pros since they're the more interesting ones to watch on TV? Big fail.

At least PAD is still quality. I will miss the atmosphere HSP created a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Not sure why Gabe is gone. In the end its about the players, and if Dwan, Ivey and Antonius aren't in the lineup the show is way less appealing
    Thoughts on free Anti-Virus I can download of the internet? Preferences, Stay the fuck away from it, etc.

Should I just cough up the $50-100 and buy a legit one from Best Buy? Preferences etc.
    Avira seems to do the job fine for me. I sometimes use TrendMicro Housecall or virustotal.com for a second opinion on something which Avira thinks is safe, and neither of these has ever picked up a virus that Avira has missed.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/image...ynamic2010.pdf Check page 10 and you'll see that these guys think Avira is the best free one.

I also use Comodo Firewall, which is a very good but very pushy and paranoid free firewall.
    Ninite Easy PC Setup - Silent Unattended Install Multiple Programs At Once

Microsoft Essentials, avast, or AVG. I used avast for the last year or two and it was excellent. The only reason I switched to Essentials is because I just cleared my comp and threw windows 7 back on and wanted to try something new.
    Damn, what an awesome idea.

Pity I didn't know about it the other day when I formatted
    wow, that Ninite thing is awesome.
    Awesome is right, I've been ducking a format for some time. this may be my motivation.
    Nice! I have to remember this for the future.
    comodo
    not really a political person but this stuff in general intrigues me

YouTube - Visualizing Obama&#39;s budget cuts. Student Explains Obamanomics in 1 Minute
    Pretty much 50% of how I feel about people at work is based on the font they use.

Any Comic Sans ppl here?
    lol my boss throws a fit whenever he catches someone using comic sans. he's a pretty cool boss who doesn't get bothered by much at all, but that font is strictly forbidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    lol my boss throws a fit whenever he catches someone using comic sans. he's a pretty cool boss who doesn't get bothered by much at all, but that font is strictly forbidden.
    Yeah, shut up. This is a trap.

Comic Sans users should be perma-banned.
    WTF. Comic sans is awesome. Quit hating haters!

pure poppycock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    Quit hating haters!
    I...don't?
    I...don't?
    <3
    Helvetica? Fuck that shit.

It's about the Calibri, monkeyknobs!
    Like daffodils in motherfucking spring.
    do the right thing.
    Do you get cadburys cream eggs in US/Canada/wherever the hell you are?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    I hate comic sans, reminds me of high school science class.

I love verdana though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    prolly not but they prolly never got who dares wins either
    I couldn't much care for the marketing campaign, but the product itself is the finest bit if candy (check me, down with the americanisms) ever to grace a store shelf with its beautiful shiny presence.
    They're definitely pretty good. I don't have a lot of time for the mini ones though
    Agreed.

So are they not stateside?

This could be how I make my fortune. Exporting gooey choclate eggs to the land of the free and fat
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    Agreed.

So are they not stateside?

This could be how I make my fortune. Exporting gooey choclate eggs to the land of the free and fat
    They're in the store every year around Easter. (US)
    History of Religion

shit's cool
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 02-13-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    ISF on ESPN2 right noooow