Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

Worst bad beat I've given someone in months (25nl)

Default Worst bad beat I've given someone in months (25nl)

To be fair I don't see how I'm ever getting away from this one.

UTG Hero is dealt QsQc

I PFR 3bb

MP Calls
    CO folds
    BTN folds
    SB folds

BB 3bets to 14.5bb

This guy has only played 9 hands, and given that he's 3betting into an UTG PFR'r and MP caller I'm putting him on a very strong and narrow range of hands

Hero (UTG) calls, MP folds

Flop comes Kc5cQd

Pot is 32.5bb

BB cbets into me 13bb

Boards kind of wet but I flopped 2nd to the nuts, I want to evaluate on the turn what to do, at this point in the hand I'm thinking if he leads large on the next street I'll just get his stack in regardless if an A comes or something, I don't see how I'm getting away from my hand at this point.

Hero calls

Turn Jh

Pot is 58bb

BB leads into me 32bb

A10s and such I'm not putting him on, more like AK or AA, again I don't see how I'm getting away from this at this point, the only hand I'm worried about is KK but you know if that's what he has then that is just a massive cooler for my set of Q's

Hero raises all in for remaining 76bb in his stack

BB snap calls and shows KsKh

I'm drawing 2.2% now and know I'm about to lose the hand. Man May has been a rough month for me.

River: Qh

Hero wins 196.5bb pot.

Granted I 1 outtered him but I really don't see how I'm ever getting away from this, what do you guys think?
    This isn't a bad beat. One outering someone when you're behind with a set is going to happen around 2% of the time. The fact you're never folding this means that I don't think this qualifies as a bad beat. It's brutal poker of course, but bad? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Also, post hands where you're actually going to get some useful feedback, rathet than a fistpump luckbox brag.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Yah this kind of hand has no use.

I don't remember who said this, but something along the lines of - You only make money in hands that you play differently than all other players would play it. ie: You find a good fold in a spot that most wouldn't, or you find a good spot to value bet that most wouldn't = you make money.

Things like KK vs AA, getting all-in QQQ vs KKK etc etc are all standard and everyone will play the same. ie: in the long run it will all average out to net zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks