Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default HighRollers?

Has anybody played at the $100-200 NL holdem tables? Why or why not?
    I'm just curious.

Default Re: HighRollers?

1) Fewer weak players
    2) More strong players
    3) Fewer weak players
    4) Smaller betting relative to the buy-in (a lot of 1x BB bets)
    5) Fewer weak players

It's only redeeming quality is the lower rake relative to pot size.

With enough activity, the $25 NL game PP quickly becomes a $50+ NL game with smaller blinds among the stronger players anyway.
    if you like to steal blinds then its a good deal. otherwise, the 25NL is where the party's at.
    My bankroll is way too small. Would need at least 15 times the buyin...I'm not sure what the maximum buy in is...but my guess is it's not less than $10,000. That would mean I'd need a br on at least $150,000. I take it u mean tables with the blinds $100/200 (and not max buy in 100 and 200)?
    I haven't moved up the ranks in the no limit area yet. Still lovin the fish at the $25 buy in tables. And there are so many players and tables at that level. Haven't felt the need to move up, but I've been talking to one other player and we both may move to the $50 buy in's next month.

We'll see, haven't had a losing month in 6 months, so maybe it's worth a try now...
    I'm not sure I'm sold on playing $50NL. I don't consider myself cheap, but the blinds are double and the pot sizes are not that much larger than $25NL. It seems to me the best bang for the buck is still at $25NL.
    {Moved from Hold'em Strategies}