Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Books

I have to buy some books, because all I've read is winning low limit holdem by lee jones. Can anyone give me advice on some of these books?

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players
    Would this help me, considering i play mostly shorthanded or SNG type tournaments?

Caro's book of tells
    Does this actually help? Im not good at reading people, and Im starting to think i have a couple tells.

the No limit texas holdem book by McEnvoy and Dougherty

Super System
    Too advanced for me?

Anything else that would be good for me, playing NL mostly home games short handed usually.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Conor
    Hi,

Caro's book of poker tells, only buy if you are or are going to be playing in regular B&M games. I've got in ordered but its maninly to add to my collection at present.

Tourney Poker book is good, but it doesn't teach you any poker plays. Its all about EV and knowing when to fold / raise or move all in. I've read this book three times and its deff improved my Tourney play.

Super System is a classic, The short story / The Limit section and the NL section are all great. The NL section is probably unusable to some extent online, but just reading the section a few times i believe can increase your poker knoledge.

McEnvoy and Dougherty book i havn't read, if anyone has let me know what you think and i'll add it to my growing colelction (I'm up to almost 10 books )

Hope this helps, also I'd suggest getting if you havn't already got

Holdem Poker for advanced players (Ionly have the newbie version, but this is supposed to be a great book)

Theory of Poker (I have this ordered and this book is apparently a regular re-read)

I've recently bought the phychology of poker, i'll let everyone know how i get on with it.

If anyone has read this or "the tao of poker" "Inside the poker mind" give me a review
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .