Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

KTo in the BB on the bubble, SB completes ($27)

Default KTo in the BB on the bubble, SB completes ($27)

Opp's stats were 32/15 over 47 hands. Shove back or check and see a flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $25+$2 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t5565)
    Hero (BB) (t2215)
    UTG (t1690)
    Button (t4030)

Hero's M: 5.54

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 10
    2 folds, SB calls t100, Hero bets t2190 (All-In)
    I'd check and see a flop just because it's the bubble really, and you're in position here. I've had it too many times that I pushed a KTo alike hand into a big stack on the bubble who called me and I bubbled out.
    There's another shortstack there, I'd wait for another spot to get the money in, or wait for UTG to bubble out.

Also him just completing SB seems fishy*, he's big stacked and you're small, it is the bubble. He could just push/raise ATC to steal the blinds. Which he didn't..sometimes this means a big hand, really read dependent though.

*edit: then again, his vpip is pretty high

Tough spot!! I wanna know some of the reg's opinions
    Big stack limping in BvB on bubble and you are not the shortest stack? You got tarped imo.

FWIW, how were you playing? How do you think he perceived you during the game?
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    i would raise to 400, achieves the same purpose as shuving if he is weak + looks alot stronger
    i would calmly check and take a look at flop since this might be a trap. otherwise if you already have the best hand you will most probably take it down. it is good to give your opponents enough credits.

i think, being short stacked, a minraise is one of the worst things you would have done to yourself in this situation. lets put the guy on suited connectors and you missed the flop. what are you going to do? then you will have the shortest stacked and be closer to bubbling.
    I think I probably shove this...he seems loose. Slightly better is a definite shove imo.

On the other hand, if you've shoved into him when he completes before, I'd just check.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    I really tend to not give loose big stacks who open limp/minraise too much credit. I'd shove there.
    I tend to shove back in those spots, there is a chance he is trapping, but what is your plan if you see a flop and miss ? if he is trapping he may trap again on the flop, so are you going to check ? if he bets are you going to fold to any bet ?
    Lets say you hit the flop, if he is trapping there is a good chance you are behind even if you hit TP (assuming his trapping range is TT+, AQ+)
    Pushing and winning the pot right here increases your stack by 25%, I would take the (relatively small) chance that he is trapping and will take his limp for face value - he wants to see a flop but does not want to commit too many chips to see it

A push feels pretty standard with the blinds where they are and SB only completing.
    I check and show down as cheaply as possible. Steal from UTG next hand to make up for any losses.
    have we seen opponent limp/call before? i'm guessing you would tell us if he had and i'm guessing his PFR would be lower if he's prone to limp/call his big broadways and pairs and i'm gonna make one more guess and say his limp is a sign of weakness far more often than a warning of strength.
    IT DOESNT MATTER what his hand strength is. Do you want a show down?! It doesn't matter if he limps weak or limps strong. All that matters is that you survive this hand.

You're not playing for the equity of your range. If you play you're playing for stacks, which seems silly at this point in the game and against this particular player, not to even mention it's KTo. If you really want to make a move you shove pre because you think you have fold equity, not value. Who cares about his hand range other than how often he'll fold to a shove?
    I DID NOT MEAN ALL CAPS IN THE LAST POST'S FIRST 3 WORDS
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingSaucy
    I DID NOT MEAN ALL CAPS IN THE LAST POST'S FIRST 3 WORDS
    I can't hear you!??
    Raising is definitely the worst of all suggestions here. I'd say there's 0% chance that this loose bigstack folds to a minraise even if he's weak and we're pretty much committed to stacking off on most flops.
    If you play you're playing for stacks, which seems silly at this point in the game and against this particular player, not to even mention it's KTo.
    There is a lot of value in shoving here to get him to fold. At this point in the game, if we can get him to fold here and open-fold the SB the next orbit, we've gotten a TON of value out of the play (900 chips). Secondly, we can shove for value our good hands when he limps or raises after this.
    How about calling a shove in this situation? Easy fold?
    the idea that it doesn't matter that we have KT makes no sense. If he has any PPs in his range KT is a whole lot better than 27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremophile
    How about calling a shove in this situation? Easy fold?
    yessss. we need an uber-tight range to call.