Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Matt Salsberg AMA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ProMattSalsberg View Post
    I played 10/20 at aria once but there was the most obnoxious guy at the table I've ever sat with and he's a reg there I think so I couldn't take it anymore lol. I think he goes by Muhaha. Biggest POG I've sat next to.
    That sucks
    people are fucked in the head. I think gay marriage is as terrifying as straight marriage and they should both be abolished!
    Amen to both
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorella View Post
    Are you involved with any charities? Which ones and why did you choose them?
    Not really involved in any one. I've given to some jewish organizations in the past and some breast cancer things that friends are involved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick M. View Post
    What is your favorite poker game? Do you play Open Face Chinese Poker?
    No limit hold em. deepstack tourneys specifically. I do play OFC. I love pineapple with jokers. I play that with Joe Kuether for hours on end at every stop lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Credsfan03 View Post
    What is your view on re entry tournaments? Some pros recently stated that they feel they are bad for the game because they give the pros who can fire off multiple bullets an unfair advantage over amateurs who cant afford multiple bullets.
    I like reentry tournies but not unlimited reentries. I think one per day is ideal or if there's 2 starting days then a total of 2 to be used at your discretion whether you need 2 on 1 day or you can play one on either day. The multiple reentry ones do favor deep pocketed players (who aren't always pros by the way). There's a lot of rich fish who fire multiple bullets and that is good for the game actually. They can accumulate a lot of chips but they are so bad ultimately they won't be able to sustain it and piss them away down the stretch. You need to have them to create bigger prize pools and incentive travel for people. Nothing I hate more than going a long way, busting fast and being fucked. I won't go to certain venues now if it isn't at least one reentry. Too high risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinita View Post
    What's your home life like? What's a typical day for you?
    My home life is in shambles at this moment unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by MarAce View Post
    When you play against people you consider friends, are you guys/gals able to leave things at the table or do bad beats, etc sometimes carry over into your personal relationships with each other?
    That can get tricky sometimes. My girlfriend busted me from a tourney once with 12 left and i wasn't happy about it lol. especially since i staked her. I don't soft play often, my good friends who are poker players are also competitors and you want to beat them. Ive found every time I've ever soft played someone I've gotten fucked by the poker gods because of it so now it's all fair game.
    That can get tricky sometimes. My girlfriend busted me from a tourney once with 12 left and i wasn't happy about it lol. especially since i staked her. I don't soft play often, my good friends who are poker players are also competitors and you want to beat them. Ive found every time I've ever soft played someone I've gotten fucked by the poker gods because of it so now it's all fair game.
    Does your girlfriend have plans to go pro?
    Thank you, Matt for coming and sharing your thoughts and stories with us.
    We shall wish you best of luck in your poker career and your writing and hope to see a lot more of you on the TV screen in both incarnations!
    Great thanks again.
    Thanks, Matt
    Great event. Thanks.