Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 190 of 420 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,250 of 31490
    alllllllll aboard the wuggymobile!

?wut
    if this [____________] was a sliderbar how high would you rate cosmos.

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    It's times like these I wish there were a Select All + Upvote option.
    ....wat
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Got some Law and Order shit for you guys.

There's this young girl in the 18-19 year old range who I've kind of taken on in a friend/mentor role. She blew this guy who turned psycho legit stalker on her, so she got a restraining order on him. He showed up at her job and dragged her into a bathroom and beat the hell out of her and threatened to kill her on Friday night. Saturday morning she goes to the cops, and they figure out that this guy is down here in the dirty south under a fake name after skipping bail on two rape charges up in PA. They hide her in a hotel out of town until they can find the guy, and they eventually find him and have him in custody around late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. By Sunday around lunch time, a detective from PA who was after the guy flew down and was asking my homegirl a bunch of questions and gathering evidence, taking pictures, the whole nine. Monday morning, the guy is en route to PA on a first class ride on the major league buttfucked at life express.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    ....wat
    It stays hard

even in milk.
    that's like the MRA equivalent of "forwards from gramma"
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Chelle; 06-24-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post

I have found nothing to support that this is true.
    What is true is that women in switzerland weren't allowed to vote until 1971.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    They also want to make it illegal (and not PC) for men to pee standing up. This is not a joke or an exaggeration in any way, shape or form.

WANT!

?wut
    They also want to make it illegal (and not PC) for men to pee standing up. This is not a joke or an exaggeration in any way, shape or form.
    well, yeah, it makes sense. i'm transitioning into sitting down. because the patriarchy and all that.
    I hear if a male is to look at someone the wrong way they cut their testicles off.
    If you're a female and you look at someone wrong you get a free brownie sundae.
    I hear if a male is to look at someone the wrong way they cut their testicles off.
    If you're a female and you look at someone wrong you get a free brownie sundae.
    stop revealing our true long-term goals woman!!! jesus..
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    i really want to watch firefly but i dont want to be upset of an unfinished show like i am about rome and deadwood

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    stop revealing our true long-term goals woman!!! jesus..
    SIGH!
    Well, I mean, at least I didn't mention the other the other more important goal.
    i really want to watch firefly but i dont want to be upset of an unfinished show like i am about rome and deadwood
    I love Firefly. There, now you will never watch it and be proud of your decision
    Not sure if you're aware, but Deadwood was largely based on real people and real shit that happened. Wikipedia can finish that up for you.
    No idea what this has to do with political correctness. The Swiss are obsessed with order and cleanliness.
    In fact this twisting of facts to make Switzerland look like some sort of vanguard of socially progressive policies is downright perverse. Them's all nazis.

you don't believe me? extreme-right party in germany was running this banner:

Vorbild means "good example".
    Last edited by eugmac; 06-25-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    SIGH!
    Well, I mean, at least I didn't mention the other the other more important goal.
    We already know about Cosmo Wednesdays.
    Nope, this goes even deeper than that. This is the master of all goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    No idea what this has to do with political correctness. The Swiss are obsessed with order and cleanliness.
    It's just as clean for men to piss standing up. This is clearly state-run feminization as a part of a larger goal of more easily controlling the populace.
    Fuck piss shit fucking fuck I am so bored. Thank god the Blue Jays are doing pretty good or I would need to put a bullet in my head just to have something to do,

Hopefully this is the right thread for bitching
    It's just as clean for men to piss standing up. This is clearly state-run feminization as a part of a larger goal of more easily controlling the populace.
    It can't be about cleanliness, have you seen women's public bathrooms?
    Every time I see something bad happen to somebody with an unconventionally spelled name, I think that maybe if their name didn't suck they could have avoided the problem

Does this make me a bad person?
    If a girl walks into a blood bank and chickens out at the last minute, is it okay to punch her in the face until she bleeds into a cup? /spoonitnow
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    alllllllll aboard the wuggymobile!

It is unlikely the driver of this truck lived.
    the driver was aquaman

boost is wrong again!
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Every time I see something bad happen to somebody with an unconventionally spelled name, I think that maybe if their name didn't suck they could have avoided the problem

No they are the bad people for having a sucky name.
    I read something somewhere about your name having a correlation with your career.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I read something somewhere about your name having a correlation with your career.
    Max Power.... He's the guy who's name you'd love to touch.... but you musn't touch....
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    I know lots of gay Andys and Steves.
    Let's call a spade a spade. If your name sucks it's probably because your parents aren't the brighest or that they're a bit weird and you inherit their genes.

I have never noticed that, but now that you say it, that seems incredibly accurate!
    Not just misspelled, just shitty names in general:

Osama Bin Laden, O.J. Simpson, Sting,...
    Last edited by oskar; 06-26-2014 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    I know lots of gay Andys and Steves.
    I think that's just more of a correlation with places where you like to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    If a girl walks into a blood bank and chickens out at the last minute, is it okay to punch her in the face until she bleeds into a cup? /spoonitnow
    Here's something you need to know about me: I hate shopping for clothes. Every two years I go to the same place and buy the same pair of cargo pants. Only that this year they no longer carry them. They tell me they stopped selling cargo pants in 2012. So I go to 5 other stores but none of them have cargo pants. What is worse that they don't even have regular pants either. It's all 'slim fit'. This is man's clothing mind you. What kind of a man wears slim fit pants? No man!
    Now I have to go online if I want a pair of legwear that can accommodate testicles? Fuck you, future. Fuck you right in your dumb face.
    Shitty gifs are shitty

Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Here's something you need to know about me
    FALSE
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade. If your name sucks it's probably because your parents aren't the brighest or that they're a bit weird and you inherit their genes.
    It certainly appears that way. I think I'd go one step further and say that name choices reflect, on some level, how much the parents value integration. Wacky names appear to go along with non-integrated subcultures, and I think supporting those creates a problem on a more fundamental level

An example I would use is Asian Americans vs African Americans. The amount of racism against both have been about equal over American history, but the former have integrated far better than the latter, and the results of this show

Naming your daughter Lafawnduh instead of Larissa will only cause problems for her. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is
    I think I'd go one step further and say that name choices reflect, on some level, how much the parents value integration.
    Yup I actually wanted to add something along those lines in my post you quoted but was at work etc. Weird names probably do indicate some kind of trouble fitting in with society.
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ips.newzealand

always awesome

A nine-year-old girl whose parents named her Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii was put into court guardianship in New Zealand so that her name could be changed.
    A family court judge, Rob Murfitt, gave the order after hearing that the child was embarrassed about her name and had refused to reveal it to friends. "She told people her name was K because she feared being mocked and teased," the child's lawyer, Colleen MacLeod, told the court.
    The judge criticised parents who give their offspring bizarre names, saying it exposed children to ridicule among their peers.

?wut
    From the BBC article about Talua does the hula

UNUSUAL NAMES
    Allowed: Violence; Number 16 Bus Shelter; Midnight Chardonnay; Benson and Hedges (twins) (UK cigarette brand)

Blocked: Yeah Detroit; Stallion; Twisty Poi; Keenan Got Lucy; Sex Fruit; Fat Boy; Cinderella Beauty Blossom; Fish and Chips (twins)
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is
    Right, I don't think many people would dispute that, but the real rub lies in what should be done about it. The easy answer is to just name your kids Bob, but I think there's a bit of room to grumble about a world where all of your decisions in life surround your marketability in the workplace, from using the F-word on social media to your haircut to your name.

I hate to be so predictable as to make this an issue over conformity, but it so clearly already was a discussion about conformity that I had precious little choice in the matter.

(I'm not necessarily defending people who purposefully give their children absurd or novelty names, btw, so no strawmanning me por favor.)
    Fish and Chips (twins)
    Chip and Pin woulda been more with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    Right, I don't think many people would dispute that, but the real rub lies in what should be done about it. The easy answer is to just name your kids Bob, but I think there's a bit of room to grumble about a world where all of your decisions in life surround your marketability in the workplace, from using the F-word on social media to your haircut to your name.

I hate to be so predictable as to make this an issue over conformity, but it so clearly already was a discussion about conformity that I had precious little choice in the matter.

(I'm not necessarily defending people who purposefully give their children absurd or novelty names, btw, so no strawmanning me por favor.)
    There are all sorts of creative names. They usually involve references from history, geography, literature, or function. Most references are stupid (don't name your kid Oedipus or Zambia or Bath). But then there are some awesome ones. My three personal favorites are Seneca, Milan, and Aria. Seneca is an example of a super rare name, but it has historical and literary backing, and it could even be acceptable for a girl even though it's a boy name, just like how today Logan and Taylor are boy names that are acceptable for girls

I think the majority problem of whacky names is they're just misspellings and show the parents are crappy on education and poor on judgement. Unusual names work all the time. Trendsetting is possible, but it's by way of something like Dakota (an unused geographical reference), not Anfernee (a misspelling/gimmick of Anthony)
    So to be clear, we're not talking about names like Jaquan and Demarcus?

How about names like Rainn?
    What do you mean by "talking about"? Pretty sure those qualify as names of misplaced attempts at creativity.

Jake, Jack, Jacob: no problem here. Jacquan: probably good at basketball

Damian, Mark, Marcus: no problem here. DeMarcus: probably good at basketball

Rain: a little sketchy, but could be okay I guess. Rainn: probably good at wrasslin in tube tops
    I know a girl named Talula. She's a beautiful Australian girl with the most gorgeous mane of fiery red hair you could possibly fathom. I think her name is fucking awesome. What on earth is so embarrassing about the name Talula?
    OH

Talula Does the Hula

Oh

oh.

Wow. Yeah. That's not okay.
    Khal Drogo is playing Aquaman what the fuck
    Jason Momoa is an ok actor but I was super disappointed in his portrayal of Conan.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    Chip and Pin woulda been more with the times.
    Last edited by Luco; 06-27-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    I think that's just more of a correlation with places where you like to hang out.
    True story.
    I'm impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Jason Momoa is an ok actor but I was super disappointed in his portrayal of Conan.
    The incest was pretty fucking hot though
    http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

Really interesting read on the culture of the Middle East that contributes to the sectarian conflict still going on today. A society where knowledge really is power and hoarded at the top.
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 06-28-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    So I just realised I hit 255 pounds. This time last year I was around 310 pounds. Btw, I’m on the taller side of 6’4”.

I want to still go down to like 210 pounds, then bulk up to like 230 pounds and let that be my final weight for this body transformation. I want to have a wide receiver type physique.

What I don’t know is if whether it’s a better idea if I simply start to weight train and bulk up at the same time while cardioing, so that I could hit the 230 weight goal while having relatively decent amount of muscle mass without having to go too far south of that. Would be better for the skin I assume.

Nah, fuck it. I think going down to 210 and then back up to 230 would be the better option. I put my deadline around this same time next year. Before and after pics are coming as soon as my 6-pack shows up, that is if it ever does.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

Really interesting read on the culture of the Middle East that contributes to the sectarian conflict still going on today. A society where knowledge really is power and hoarded at the top.
    I find it interesting how it is the exact opposite in what we call modern society or perhaps even in what people inherently like to do - share. On the internet you can find detailled information and guides about just about anything you can think of you'd ever want to do. Galfond reveals his poker strategies in surprising detail for a little fee as do many other people. Can you imagine how backward our society would be if our culture was the opposite, to hoard it and never share but rather use it as status to be the only one to know? Right..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    So I just realised I hit 255 pounds. This time last year I was around 310 pounds. Btw, I’m on the taller side of 6’4”.

I want to still go down to like 210 pounds, then bulk up to like 230 pounds and let that be my final weight for this body transformation. I want to have a wide receiver type physique.

What I don’t know is if whether it’s a better idea if I simply start to weight train and bulk up at the same time while cardioing, so that I could hit the 230 weight goal while having relatively decent amount of muscle mass without having to go too far south of that. Would be better for the skin I assume.

Nah, fuck it. I think going down to 210 and then back up to 230 would be the better option. I put my deadline around this same time next year. Before and after pics are coming as soon as my 6-pack shows up, that is if it ever does.
    Putting on 20 lbs as an adult, naturally while eating to lose weight will not happen. Weight training while losing weight will aid in the weight loss, change the way you look when you lose weight and also allow you to preserve a lot of the muscle you can lose when dieting. Although I could also try to explain that at 310 you had far more muscle than your body would carry at 210 and some muscle loss is almost always going to happen. If you want to add muscle then start now. Weight training over "cardioing" will give you faster weight loss results and a better body naked.
    great, now I'm thinking about a naked 310lb guy.

*puts on wizard hat & robe*
    I would just do the gym work and the calorie work and let results be what they will

If I had to guess at Jack's body type, it's the kind that will easily put on more muscle as long as exercise load is high and calories aren't overly restricted. Up to a point, obviously.

A 310 pound person certainly does have more muscle than he thinks, but if training improvements can always be made for anybody who isn't at true peak. Strength and hypertrophy training is sorta unnatural in and of itself, and I think the real human peak is bigger than what normal baddasses get by living in the wild
    Alright guys, you convince me. I'll modify the approach.

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    great, now I'm thinking about a naked 310lb guy.

I know, right?
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Homosexuals strongly represented here at FTR
    Homosexuals strongly represented here at FTR
    I'm sure they are, but you are probably referring to the guys that are willing to talk about other guys bodies and have a sense of their own appearance and how they feel about it. That may be a little more offensive to the actual homosexuals here, and really doesn't do much to offend me.

But thanks for bringing the randomness back.
    Goddamn nerd convention