Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 144 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,800 of 31490
    speaking of peeling, how d'u guys extract the egg from your soft boiled eggs?

My wiff peels them which I think is nuts. I crack em' in two and scoop em' out with a spoon into a bowl.
    my hostfamily in germany had this concusser thing, like a small metal rod with a concave weight on it that can slide up and down the rod. You have egg in the eggcup, hold the rod upwards above the egg and let the weight drop down onto the top of the egg a couple of times, and it does a pretty salad job of separating the egg from the shell and making it easy to peel the shell off in just a couple of pieces. mostly was just impressed by high tech solutions to first world problems, as I also cut my soft boiled eggs about 3/4 of the way up and just scoop the goodness out with a spoon
    Couldn't sleep yesterday. So I put up GI Joe Retaliation on my laptop. I couldn't tell if the movie was taking itself seriously, or if I was watching a parody. I fell asleep pretty easily.
    Last edited by jackvance; 07-08-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    okay so, uh, here's some pics from saturday

Last edited by Chelle; 07-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Would hit thread??
    Ok now you're winning me over for redheads Chelle. Love the blue eyes and fit body. You're not at all how I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Ok now you're winning me over for redheads Chelle. Love the blue eyes and fit body. You're not at all how I expected.
    ...What was the expected idea of me?

Fit body is kind of recent, gained 60 lbs within a few years cause of medication and not taking care of myself. Dropped 30 lbs inna' year, 'dunno where the other 30lbs before that went. Currently 103-105 lbs. Oh, and 0 medication. Plus, taking care of myself better.

I wish I would have worn the dress that I fixed up for the day. I ended up putting it on after the shoot, cause I'm smart like that. I got a parasol to match the dress, too! Oh, and I met the senior photographer for a local news station, who wants to do some shoots with me.

Being introvert as fuck makes doing this kind of thing interesting, cause I really enjoy doing all this, but, well, I'm not the most outgoing person in the world. It'd be easier if I could just make everything else disappear when doing shoots.

Here's some more pict0rs

These are the girls I was shooting with.

This was actually taken by boyfran and edited by me. He wanted me to get their attention cause of how awesome he thought this looked, and I didn't want any more attention drawn to me at that moment.

Boyfran took dis one too. He liked the writing on the door + bricks.

Another one was making me laugh, and I was trying to hide the laughing, while posing. This is the result of that.

Here's a random one that a photog took, of me stretching.

There's more coming, I think, from different photographers. I think I had about 8 different ones shooting me. I was tired and sore as fucking shit yesterday. Ya' wouldn't think sucking in, arching back, pulling back shoulders, tilting this way and that would make you feel like someone ran over you, but holy fuck it does.
    Last edited by Chelle; 07-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Nice pics Chelle. They remind me of Lea Thompson in Back to The Future

Last edited by ChipEaterMan; 07-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    Yikes the tattooed girl. But yeah, I expected you more girl-next-doorie, but maybe that's just because of the makeup and the photoshoot. Your blue eyes come out nicely btw. I'm a fan of blue eyes, reminds me of yesterday, I noticed I have a pretty "aryan" family and circle of friends too. I co-hosted the birthday party of my godchild, the birth of my brother's second (dark hair but also light blue eyes). I'd post a picture of my godchild (my brother's first kid) but yeah, don't wanna dilute the thread with silly cute toddler pictures. Btw feel free to post more pics, you come out nicely.
    Ok my thoughts are a bit all over the place if I read that post again. I've had the busiest 3 days behind me. Friday my promotion and celebratory partying, saturday something private but socially/mentally very exhausting, yesterday the birthday party/baby shower I took on me to run, lots of poker, self-study, playing.. my mind is racing lol.
    Chelle, you look lovely in those pictures. I think this one may be my favorite: http://i.imgur.com/FlnBOSL.jpg

Redheads are my favorite when it comes to girls. Your kind won me over ever since I saw Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

Your hair color in particular is really beautiful. I'm going for something similar with my hair (I'm a naturally dark brunette). Your hair reminds me of Sansa's from Game of Thrones. I've been literally obsessing over how beautiful her hair is lately, so yeah. Nice hair.

I'm also super introverted so I know how you feel when it comes to doing those kinds of shoots. I have friends that are into that sort of thing so I used to do a few. They're fun to do because it's always nice to feel pretty and dolled up, but it's difficult to let loose enough to pose without feeling awkward or silly.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    I'm the queen of awkward when it comes to doing shoots. I literally said, "I'm Michelle - but you'll probably remember me better as the awkward and weird short redhead." Redheads have always had my heart. I don't know my complete natural color at the moment, cause I've been coloring my hair for a while, and just recently devoted to not color it any longer, unless it's with BAQ henna. My roots are a weird hay color. Like a kind of dirty blonde? I don't know. The stylist I went to last year said it was medium-dark blonde with red tints.

Thank you guys, a lot.

I'm totally the girl next door, but not really. I'm really shy, unless I like something someone is wearing, their tattoo, or piercing. Or car. So even though I felt odd the whole time I was doing the shoot - I got along really well with the owners of the cars I posed on/next to/infront of. I feel like I'm friendly, but, only once I'm not terrified out of my mind.

JV - which tattooed woman? Cause all of 'em have tattoos, even me. I'm actually wanting to get another, but I can't settle on one complete idea.

Sansa's hair looks ammmmaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Word of advice on if you have your hair colored - red fades, fast. Which is absolutely annoying as shit.

Oh - and the first and third picture out of the first bunch - the dude that took those pics is the senior photographer for a local news station who wants to do more shoots with me.

Here's another one he sent me this mornin'.

1284_10200914400896218_1888297874_n.jpg
    I meant the Thug Life one with the gloves. Btw you should totally dye your hair blonde, it'll suit your look perfectly - but I know I can't convince you of that
    I meant the Thug Life one with the gloves. Btw you should totally dye your hair blonde, it'll suit your look perfectly - but I know I can't convince you of that
    Lol - yeaaaaaaah, what she wore wasn't very 50's pin-up. But, she tried, I think.

No more dye. Plus - the only way I'd be able to do that is to bleach my hair - which does a loooot of damage to the hair. I'mma just let all the color grow out and trim as it does, which will take a year or two. I want it [myhair] to be about mid-back. So basically by the time my hair is the length I want it, my braces will be off. Thank fucking gawd.
    My hair was mid-back until just recently. Had to cut it because it just got so unruly. Then again I barely ever trimmed it because I'm horrible at feminine self-maintenance. Your hair seems as thick as mine though (I don't know if that's because of the way you styled it though), so just a warning that hair that long while thick will need a lot of uptake. I don't think I was up to the task. But you will get many, many compliments, especially if your hair is that thick and wavy. I'm trying to find a way to grow it out long again but keep it from getting so unwieldy.

Routine trimming is an obvious must. I find that with my hair, the outer layer is more prone to damage for obvious reasons (weather, constantly being rubbed against scrunchies when I pull them out of my hair, etc.) I've been playing around with different products to help tone down my hair's craziness.. If you find anything that works like a charm, feel free to recommend.

It's possible that you will be completely fine and will only require minimal uptake, and that I am in the minority of people whose hair functions as a long-haired cat that's welded to their scalp. In any case, long hair is still numero uno.
    How do you ladies deal with your bikini area? Mine looks like i have a raccoon in a leg lock, but shaving gives me red bumps so bad that all the guys think i have the herp. Also, periods. Sup wif dat?
    My preferred method is DIY. Just lie back with a quality roll of duct tape and rip it all out, thicket by thicket. Since I'm charitable I usually end up donating it to exiled beardless men from the Middle East and Crete. Mediterranean pubes are wonderfully multi-purposeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    My hair was mid-back until just recently. Had to cut it because it just got so unruly. Then again I barely ever trimmed it because I'm horrible at feminine self-maintenance. Your hair seems as thick as mine though (I don't know if that's because of the way you styled it though), so just a warning that hair that long while thick will need a lot of uptake. I don't think I was up to the task. But you will get many, many compliments, especially if your hair is that thick and wavy. I'm trying to find a way to grow it out long again but keep it from getting so unwieldy.

Routine trimming is an obvious must. I find that with my hair, the outer layer is more prone to damage for obvious reasons (weather, constantly being rubbed against scrunchies when I pull them out of my hair, etc.) I've been playing around with different products to help tone down my hair's craziness.. If you find anything that works like a charm, feel free to recommend.

It's possible that you will be completely fine and will only require minimal uptake, and that I am in the minority of people whose hair functions as a long-haired cat that's welded to their scalp. In any case, long hair is still numero uno.
    I've had mine down to my lower back before, it calms down a tad when it's longer, especially if it's in layers. One thing I've found that helps, is Awapuhi Styling treatment oil. But, don't use much of it. I haven't used any in a few months now. My outer layer of hair is getting better, if I keep it trimmed. I've been using hair clips, and I've found that is helping a lot, too. I also don't use a hair drier, and let it completely air dry. I rarely use any type of curler or flat iron, cause it damages the hair, too. In those pictures, I had pin-curled my hair the night before, then took out the pin curls, and combed it out to get that wavy look. Naturally my hair is wavy-ish, and gets frizzy if it's humid out.

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    How do you ladies deal with your bikini area? Mine looks like i have a raccoon in a leg lock, but shaving gives me red bumps so bad that all the guys think i have the herp. Also, periods. Sup wif dat?
    Don't shave. Find someone that likes your raccoon in a leg lock, look. Duh. Also - periods make the world go round but are a bitch to deal with. I just purchased a Diva Cup so I can avoid tampons and pads - which are all sorts of chemically treated. Vaginas, man, they're moody.

In other news - I had -a- Ruby Relaxer from Ruby Tuesdays last night, by half of it I was tipsy. I drank it all cept 4 "sips" [aka boyfran wanted to taste it]. I have a hangover. My head hurts, and I do not see how the fuck I spent a couple weeks last summer tipsy/drunk. I am not made for drinking. I do not like this. At all.
    Our hair sounds pretty similar. Main difference is that I don't layer it. I've been told by hair dressers that layering adds volume, which I don't need. I used to have my hair layered in high school, when I kept it pretty short, but I haven't layered it in years. I air dry my hair too. Rarely straighten it - haven't in years. Have only dyed it a few times in my life. My hair should be pretty healthy, but again, shit maintenance led to it being damaged anyway. Anywayyyyy whatever. Hair is stupid and I wish I could just get a buzz cut and move on with my life. Unfortunately I'm vain and like to pet my hair a lot, so that won't do.

Lol your tolerance compared to mine is amusing when I look back on this past Thursday. Two glasses of ouzo, one mixed Bacardi drink, some random alcoholic sherbert concoction, and I was fine. Then I played beer pong and threw up forever/passed out for 5 hours. It's like, my tolerance is great until all of a sudden it's not. No grey area. Being hungover blows dick. Wufwugy swears by magnesium and zinc to help with hangovers.

Alcohol is stupid anyway. Not entirely pointless, it has its moments, but there are much better options out there.

trim, hot shower. shaving gel. fresh razor. exfoliate. cold water to close pores. pat dry.

hair sucks.
    I just pooped a 3 foot log 1" in diameter. It was so glorious i almost took a picture but i am too ladylike for such savagery.
    Be proud of your poop. We don't need anymore Bonos in the world.
    Our hair sounds pretty similar. Main difference is that I don't layer it. I've been told by hair dressers that layering adds volume, which I don't need. I used to have my hair layered in high school, when I kept it pretty short, but I haven't layered it in years. I air dry my hair too. Rarely straighten it - haven't in years. Have only dyed it a few times in my life. My hair should be pretty healthy, but again, shit maintenance led to it being damaged anyway. Anywayyyyy whatever. Hair is stupid and I wish I could just get a buzz cut and move on with my life. Unfortunately I'm vain and like to pet my hair a lot, so that won't do.

Lol your tolerance compared to mine is amusing when I look back on this past Thursday. Two glasses of ouzo, one mixed Bacardi drink, some random alcoholic sherbert concoction, and I was fine. Then I played beer pong and threw up forever/passed out for 5 hours. It's like, my tolerance is great until all of a sudden it's not. No grey area. Being hungover blows dick. Wufwugy swears by magnesium and zinc to help with hangovers.

Alcohol is stupid anyway. Not entirely pointless, it has its moments, but there are much better options out there.

That's odd. Idk - I used to not layer my hair, when I was in High School, and I looked like I had an afro, it was bad. But, I also had no fucking clue what I was doing with hair. A couple years back I made up my mind and had my hair cut off into a pixie cut, and this was when I was at my highest weight. It wasn't the most flattering. I had done the pixie cut when I was in High School, after I figured out the fine artwork of hair, and I loved it. But - I want long hair again. It seems when I'm dealing with shit emotionally I do something slightly drastic to my hair. So, now I just avoid doing ANYTHING to change my hair when I'm on my period, or the week before I'm on my period. Emotions are weird. One time in High School I woke up before school, didn't like what my hair was doing, and cut it. It was at my shoulders before I started, after I finished it was right below my ears.

I have a low as fucking shit tolerance to alcohol. My headache is going away with the more water I drink. I suck ass at beer pong. I have terrible aim. I'd suck at peeing if I was a dude.

d0zer - being a lady is overrated. I also hear that men take big poops. Boyfran says it's like a man having a baby. I do not understand this. At this point I'm just going to nod my head, cause I've tried to argue about it. Men have poop babies, and women have human babies. I guess this is just how the world works.
    I just pooped a 3 foot log 1" in diameter. It was so glorious i almost took a picture but i am too ladylike for such savagery.
    Remember back when rating sites were all the rage? Circa 2002?...

http://www.ratemypoo.com/top.html
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    d0zer - being a lady is overrated. I also hear that men take big poops. Boyfran says it's like a man having a baby. I do not understand this. At this point I'm just going to nod my head, cause I've tried to argue about it. Men have poop babies, and women have human babies. I guess this is just how the world works.
    Actually, I've compared taking a massive dump to giving birth multiple times. And no, I don't have experience with the latter, haha. There's been many a time where I'll return to an online chat and inform my best friend that I "basically just had a baby" in the bathroom.

Also, if you google my full name, one of the results is a quote by me about how much I love pooping (my best friend posted it on her tumblr). Always fun to have your poop quotes immortalized by Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoRnholio View Post
    Remember back when rating sites were all the rage? Circa 2002?...

http://www.ratemypoo.com/top.html
    I sure do. I actually got banned from this prude forum for posting rate my poo pics. The mod that banned me asked if i was raised in a barn. Wet blankets abound.
    Actually, I've compared taking a massive dump to giving birth multiple times. And no, I don't have experience with the latter, haha. There's been many a time where I'll return to an online chat and inform my best friend that I "basically just had a baby" in the bathroom.

Also, if you google my full name, one of the results is a quote by me about how much I love pooping (my best friend posted it on her tumblr). Always fun to have your poop quotes immortalized by Google.

...do you tumblr?
    I sure do. I actually got banned from this prude forum for posting rate my poo pics. The mod that banned me asked if i was raised in a barn. Wet blankets abound.

Yessssssssss.
    Yep. I'm a huge fan of Tumblr, despite there being a lot of really shitty and annoying cultures within the Tumblrsphere. But literally ANYTHING goes on Tumblr, and as long as Yahoo doesn't fuck that up, I'll continue to stand behind it.

http://www.dissonantmotif.tumblr.com That's my tumblr. It's really self-indulgent, not themed at all - just literally everything and anything that I enjoy, the occasional personal posting, etc.

If you have one let me know what it is if you'd like - I'll gladly follow.
    Wufwugy swears by magnesium and zinc to help with hangovers.
    I swear by them for regular intake which significantly improves lethargy and apathy of hangovers. They do nothing for headaches and nausea, but they replenish necessary nutrients for energy/mood that alcohol depletes
    I feel like poop. The weird weepy/angry/happy/sad/yay weird. Emotions are weird.

Oh well, here's the starting design of my next tattoo. It's still a huge work in progress.

130710_001.jpg
    I feel like poop. The weird weepy/angry/happy/sad/yay weird. Emotions are weird.

Oh well, here's the starting design of my next tattoo. It's still a huge work in progress.

130710_001.jpg
    it looks like a mermaid, but it could be a fish, i don't see the human part yet
    I don't know if this will be of any use to you Chelle, but a while back, when I was looking up designs for a tattoo of my own, I came across this artist: http://www.ragensart.com/

Hert art is really beautiful, particularly the stuff under the "Enchanted Realms" section (if you go to galleries in the upper right, it's in the drop down list). Maybe some of it could inspire part of how you draw/color your piece, even a little.

I was going to get this one on my back as a memorial tattoo: http://www.ragensart.com/styled/phot...-1012-full.jpg I'm sort of glad I didn't, not because I feel any less about the sentiment of it, but I'm just not sure if that's the direction I need to go in for that. I still think that would look quite lovely inked on someone's skin though.

(on a side-note: totally random, I got free tickets to see Furthur last night at Barclays [formed by Phil Lesh and Bob Weir of Grateful Dead, so it was just a big Deadhead concert pretty much] and it was pretty fucking sweet. And we had our own suite, prime for private blazing/drinking, so it was all in all a very good time. If anyone gives a shit I have some nice pictures of the arena/stage.)
    Why is the randomness thread at the bottom of the forum? I miss Chelle. Where's Chelle?

Hello Kitty Porn

What the actual fuck dude?
    never mind about what i said about cem being one of the worst all-time posters on ftr.

he is THE worst all-time poster on ftr.
    ....i don't know what i just watched, or why i continued to watch it. my brain hurts.

also, i did a thing

DSC018462.jpg
    Nice pic. You've got beautiful eyes Chelle
    this thread blows recently. dunno why. allow me to fix. yw.

They are doing it wrong
    you know those moments where you realize what you just said, and you're amazed that it came out of your mouth?

last night i said, "everyone just needs a nice pair of tits to look at so they won't be so damn angry all the time. tits would cause world peace."
    also, i did a thing

DSC018462.jpg
    You.. went blonde? :O Like I predicted, gorgeous
    Thank you.

I actually was going to be going pink and lavender - but I like this. This has been in the works since the 12th, and I'm still not completely done, I need to tone down the parts that are still brassy/yellow looking more. I don't think I'm going to do the pink yet, or I might just add in some of it randomly, like highlights in the purple/lavender. Dunno yet.
    Hm is that 3 days after I tried to convince you to go blonde? Btw may you reap the benefits of blondehood. Imo they are plenty (especially for girls that are shy), but I'd love to hear from your experience.
    Hm is that 3 days after I tried to convince you to go blonde? Btw may you reap the benefits of blondehood. Imo they are plenty (especially for girls that are shy), but I'd love to hear from your experience.
    Rofl, I don't know. I've been wanting to have pink hair for a while, just never had the balls to do so, then I said fuck it, and went for it. My original plan was pink. Blonde just has to happen because otherwise the "unnatural" hair color wouldn't show as good.
    Rofl, I don't know. I've been wanting to have pink hair for a while, just never had the balls to do so, then I said fuck it, and went for it. My original plan was pink. Blonde just has to happen because otherwise the "unnatural" hair color wouldn't show as good.
    Too right. I dyed my hair purple in High school w/o bleaching my hair first, and you could BARELY tell I had done anything. It kind of caught the light a bit funny, but it was very subtle.

Next time, I went for blue, and bleached my hair first. That took much better, but came out a bit of an off green color, as the bleach left my hair a bit of a yellowish blond.

So I covered that with a forest green that worked.

Lessons learned:
    1) Bleached hair is coarse as anything and impossible to make it smooth to the touch.
    2) If you're a teenage boy with non-standard hair color, you get the worst possible customer service everywhere you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Too right. I dyed my hair purple in High school w/o bleaching my hair first, and you could BARELY tell I had done anything. It kind of caught the light a bit funny, but it was very subtle.

Next time, I went for blue, and bleached my hair first. That took much better, but came out a bit of an off green color, as the bleach left my hair a bit of a yellowish blond.

So I covered that with a forest green that worked.

Lessons learned:
    1) Bleached hair is coarse as anything and impossible to make it smooth to the touch.
    2) If you're a teenage boy with non-standard hair color, you get the worst possible customer service everywhere you go.

Shew. If you would have known what toner was at that time, your hair wouldn't have turned out greenish.

Oddly enough - my hair is crazy soft and smooth right now. Of course, I did two olive oil treatments prior to the last two bleachings, and then coconut oil after the 3rd bleaching. Then some deep conditioning with Ion stuff that is specially for damaged hair.

Bleach is the most damaging thing you can do to your hair chemically, thankfully I knew that olive oil and conditioning treatments helped to keep the damage less severe. I learned about the coconut oil 'cause I joined a forum where bunches and bunches of people give tips, ideas, and have awesome pictures of their hair.
    THE INTERNET! SHE LIVES! GOD SAVE KING GEORGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    THE INTERNET! SHE LIVES! GOD SAVE KING GEORGE!
    This is the epitome of the Randomness Thread. Excellent post.
    I may have just luckboxed my way into an awesome job.

Random dude comes to see me at work about some random issue for a deceased family member. He's so impressed by my work that he tells me if I'm interested in a career change he'd be interested in employing me. Turns out he owns and runs a very well respected international wealth management company and is looking to recruit a new generation of management and wants me on board.

Needless to say I bit his arm off and I'm now in communication with his wife who runs the recruitment side of the business.

Go me!
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Wow nice!
    I know, right!

But as usual with me, my imagination has probably blown this out of all proportion. I'll probably find they just need an office manager in the local area and they're only offering a 20k salary. But regardless of how it turns out I guess its a nice ego boost.
    I can no longer focus on my current job in any way whatsoever.
    Haha I find that all so very recognizable :P
    I don't know if this will be of any use to you Chelle, but a while back, when I was looking up designs for a tattoo of my own, I came across this artist: http://www.ragensart.com/

Hert art is really beautiful, particularly the stuff under the "Enchanted Realms" section (if you go to galleries in the upper right, it's in the drop down list). Maybe some of it could inspire part of how you draw/color your piece, even a little.

I was going to get this one on my back as a memorial tattoo: http://www.ragensart.com/styled/phot...-1012-full.jpg I'm sort of glad I didn't, not because I feel any less about the sentiment of it, but I'm just not sure if that's the direction I need to go in for that. I still think that would look quite lovely inked on someone's skin though.

(on a side-note: totally random, I got free tickets to see Furthur last night at Barclays [formed by Phil Lesh and Bob Weir of Grateful Dead, so it was just a big Deadhead concert pretty much] and it was pretty fucking sweet. And we had our own suite, prime for private blazing/drinking, so it was all in all a very good time. If anyone gives a shit I have some nice pictures of the arena/stage.)
    Is that fairy crying or sleeping?
    I would love to see some pics of the arena/stage Aubrey
    I've been applying for a few job positions today. It's a bit unrealistic I will get them (all big-money senior positions) but they arrive in my inbox based on my profile, so why not? It's going to be useful feedback regardless I figure.

As this is the randomness thread, here are some random thoughts from today - I was running a few projects through my head that I've done in the past, trying to analyze what worked at what didn't, as a sort of mental prep. A few interesting things (arguably of course) that have been running through my head today:

1. http://www.esesh.eu/home/
    A big european project where I was hired to install energy measurement systems (gas, water and electricity) in social housing for end-users who volunteered for this project. Then I had to make a website for my client where they could overview all of the measurements and run all sorts of data analysis, and another end-user website where the people living there could see how they are doing, in very bright colors and simplistic ways, and giving them tips on how to save money on their energy consumption. On the esesh side this project was run by a young woman, who was actually a bit too ambitious. Her attention for detail (coming from, I think, a lack of understanding of how much time certain things take) became absolutely paralyzing. She didn't even seem to realize it either. I had to go over her head and talk to her boss, she got removed from the project and after that it was smooth sailing and completed succesfully.

2. PSS. Premium sound solutions - former Philips, they kept the abbrevation - my second biggest project (my biggest - and most fun - was a laserzapper system for Philips). PSS makes loudspeakers for cars. I had to make a comprehensive system for R&D and testing that was to be used on several sites all over Belgium. I worked for a team of 2 people, a very competent project manager and a very competent engineer. Actually the engineer could easily do this himself, but it was decided over his head that this had to be outsourced and his team had been fired. At one point, when we were already past the initial deadline, I got an email with a 90-page document outlining everything that still had to be done. The time investment to implement this was off the charts, so I went to my boss and explained the situation, then with his approval called them up and told them that if this is what they really wanted, we'd have to end the project and just cut our losses. They called me back 2 hours later and sent me a revised document, and the project was ended succesfully. I'm keeping this guy in mind as one of my rolemodels for how a good project manager should operate.

3. AWW. Antwerp Water Works. A bit of a reminder of the responsibility and how things can go wrong. I had to update their software to accomodate new PLC's (basically switchboxes), from the old standard ones to wireless satellite driven ones. This project went just fine for me, but hanging over my head all the time was what happened to a colleague of mine who wrote the initial software went they wanted to renew their system. When they went live, there was an unknown error and the water supply for the entire city of Antwerp (one of Belgium's biggest cities and an international port) was cut off. While trying to fix this, the whole city remained without tap water! Working overtime they finally found the problem, the database stored the value of how much to open the valves as a fractional percentage [0-1] while the code expected a percentage [0-100]. Simple software flaws can have big repercussions..
    Haha the water works one is really interesting. That's the kinda thing they warn you about when you're learning.
    Yeah lol, you can be sure I tripple-checked everything. And this thing was MASSIVE. Fun though
    I think I have anger issues, or maybe I'm just finally feeling emotions in their true form. Therapist is impressed that I've come so far, but half the time I feel like I'm going more crazy, cause I feel like I'm over reacting to things, but, I've given examples to her, and she says I'm doing everything in a very mature way. I think it's just cause I don't yell/throw shit.

Emotions are weird.

Also - made couscous this morning for breakfast. Never had couscous, I think I likes it.
    Chelle I give it 95% you don't recognize your own emotions properly. Because of that you'll get random emotions like frustration and stress thrown in the mix and you won't know what is going on with yourself half the time.
    it's 9 pm and it's 30 degrees celsius outside still. i'm not made for hot weather.
    At a bbq yesterday chatting Shit with a guy about how disappointed we are that science has failed us because we don't all have flying cars like old futuristic movies. A woman chips in, deadly serious,

Her: I think science will just he proved wrong soon.

Me: what? All of it?

Her: yeah, I just think sooner or later it will just be proved wrong.

Her friend: I agree, I mean they thought the world was flat once, they proved that wrong so its just a matter of time before they prove the rest of it wrong.

Me: you guys are the most retarded people I've ever met. Please don't pass these thoughts on to your children.

Her: yadda yadda ... god.... yadda yadda...

Her husband: everyone is entitled to an opinion. You can't know for sure who's right.

Me:
    Science wrong, so you mean cell phones will suddenly stop working and airplanes will fall to the ground?.. I already feel aggravated reading that lol. But tbh I haven't come across people like that in years, I think it's a kind of self-selection. At a bbq this weekend I talked to two religious girls (a buddhist and a christian) but they just intently listened to what I had to say about religion and the history of religion rather than argue.
    Chelle I give it 95% you don't recognize your own emotions properly. Because of that you'll get random emotions like frustration and stress thrown in the mix and you won't know what is going on with yourself half the time.

Yeah, pretty much. Since I'm mostly integrated now, and have one alter left, I'm feeling things in their "true form". So, emotions, in their "true form" are new and confusing to me.

It's weird as shit to be assertive, speak out, and stand up for myself irl. Online, I was good with it, cause well, it's internets, irl I didn't do it, hardly ever. Now I am. Now I'm not scared of confrontation, because well, beating around bushes and being too immature of an adult to deal with situations when they need to be dealt with and how they need to be dealt with instead of sweeping them under a rug, that doesn't seem like an option for me anymore.

In other news in less than a week I'm going to be 26. Wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Her: yeah, I just think sooner or later it will just be proved wrong.
    This is partly the fault of scientists and technologists. Throughout the centuries, scientific discoveries are marketed to non-scientific people as, "This new discovery is true." The reality is that scientists are not even remotely concerned with what is "true", only with what is "verifiable and repeatable".
    Now the problem is further complicated by the notion that if something is "verifiable and repeatable", then a statement about that event should be "true" or "false".

However, science is never interested in what "should" be. That is firmly outside the jurisdiction. Also the notion of whether any statement made by humans can be true or not is firmly outside the jurisdiction of scientific inquiry. Both of these are topics for religion, philosophy, and/or ethics.

So the conversation is all based on misunderstanding. The blame is at least partially on the scientific communities for being all hoity toity about their discoveries and presenting them as "fact" while knowing that the phrase "scientific fact" is an oxymoron.
    Since I'm mostly integrated now, and have one alter left,
    What does that mean?

I'm feeling things in their "true form". So, emotions, in their "true form" are new and confusing to me.
    Do you mean that you're experiencing emotions that you didn't use to feel when you were less assertive? It's all quite logical though, once you figure out what the logic behind emotions is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I may have just luckboxed my way into an awesome job.

Random dude comes to see me at work about some random issue for a deceased family member. He's so impressed by my work that he tells me if I'm interested in a career change he'd be interested in employing me. Turns out he owns and runs a very well respected international wealth management company and is looking to recruit a new generation of management and wants me on board.

Needless to say I bit his arm off and I'm now in communication with his wife who runs the recruitment side of the business.

Go me!
    Beware, this sounds exactly like a sales pitch from someone trying to recruit for a pyramid scheme they're involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    I just read this and it sounds exactly like World financial group or Primearica.
    What does that mean?

Do you mean that you're experiencing emotions that you didn't use to feel when you were less assertive? It's all quite logical though, once you figure out what the logic behind emotions is.

I'm diagnosed with D.I.D., didn't know that you weren't aware. It's a bit of a controversial diagnosis among many mental health experts. I was actually my Therapists' first case, which she made me aware of when going to her, and now because she's been treating me, she's able to put that on her resume, and she's also had a few people referred to her. Anyway! Where I had several alters this time last year, I currently have one alter who doesn't really bother anything. All the ones that would do physical damage to me are now integrated.

Which brings me to the next topic - my emotions. It's all rather interesting when I look at it from an aspiring [one day it's gonna happen] Therapist's view point. Is it sad that I psychoanalyze myself? If so, then be sad.

I was out walking yesterday just to meditate and refocus/ground myself. I realized that even though I wanted so badly to get better, a part of me didn't truly want it. I was scared because I didn't know what would happen to "me", or what I thought was me. Because I was fearful I was allowing this to control my views on getting better, in a way I thought it was a bad thing, because it might change who I am as a person, even though I wasn't much of a person, and had moments of personality, but, honestly, I felt like I was a shell, empty but kind of pretty on the outside. Internally I had so much shit going on, and externally I looked like shit. My physical appearance had gone to shit, just as my mental health. I don't blame anyone. I allowed different things that had happened to me in life consume me, as a person. I didn't have much of an option because of my environment, since I was raised to keep my mouth shut even if it hurt me. Ugh, this is going to get rather long if I keep going.

Alright, so, I wanted to get better, but was scared, when I let go of the fear of losing who I thought I was, I started getting better. I have changed in so many different ways, it's rather odd to me. I look at where I was a year ago, or a year and a few months ago, and I just take a deep breath and am thankful that I pulled myself out of that spiraling mess, that I got myself into. I regret putting certain people in a role that I should have never put them in, and even though I'm thankful that they were there, I realize that no longer do I need others to "take care" of me, or to "protect" me, I have me. I was caught up in the victim mentality, where I was always the victim, and when I took a step back, and realized what I was doing to everyone around me, including myself, I took it on myself to protect myself, to strive to do something more with myself other than blame others and have people save me all the time.

I get emotional as fuck sometimes, because where I was once so torn apart mentally, where I was not integrated within myself, I had the alters that dealt with certain emotions, and I barely felt things the way I needed to. When the alters started integrating, I started feeling more, and now that I have one alter left, and all the others are integrated [a part of my core personality], my emotions are in their true form. I feel things now, where as for 10+ years I didn't feel things the way that I suppose others without alters would feel.

...Soooooo uhhhh, yeah. Titties.

tl;dr - brain wat r u dooin

Also - I entered one of my paintings in a local pretty large yearly fair's competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    Beware, this sounds exactly like a sales pitch from someone trying to recruit for a pyramid scheme they're involved in.
    I've researched the company, they seem legit. The md writes columns for some well respected national financial newspapers and was recently recommended by a top accountancy firm for the specialist area they focus on. Plus I expect a good salary and won't be investing any money.

Still waiting for details anyway so I've actually no idea what the job is and won't be taking it if it doesn't seem legit. I'm prepared for disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    This is partly the fault of scientists and technologists. Throughout the centuries, scientific discoveries are marketed to non-scientific people as, "This new discovery is true." The reality is that scientists are not even remotely concerned with what is "true", only with what is "verifiable and repeatable".
    Now the problem is further complicated by the notion that if something is "verifiable and repeatable", then a statement about that event should be "true" or "false".

However, science is never interested in what "should" be. That is firmly outside the jurisdiction. Also the notion of whether any statement made by humans can be true or not is firmly outside the jurisdiction of scientific inquiry. Both of these are topics for religion, philosophy, and/or ethics.

So the conversation is all based on misunderstanding. The blame is at least partially on the scientific communities for being all hoity toity about their discoveries and presenting them as "fact" while knowing that the phrase "scientific fact" is an oxymoron.
    Wait, wat?

What is outside of science's jurisdiction? Unless you want to enter into some postmodernist drivel (in which case, lol@you), science's "jurisdiction" extends to anywhere a claim can or is being made.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Wait, wat?

What is outside of science's jurisdiction? Unless you want to enter into some postmodernist drivel (in which case, lol@you), science's "jurisdiction" extends to anywhere a claim can or is being made.
    http://www.amazon.com/Structure-Scie...ure+of+science

Enjoy.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Cool thing about a forum is that you can put forth ideas and discuss them. Linking to a place to buy a book that espouses your argument is pretty lame. We should do what we can to not be lame.
    It's a good book.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>