Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 96 of 420 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,200 of 31490
    The computers really are taking over (soon)

BBC News - Supercomputer predicts revolution
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    boog changed his relationship status to "good friends" with my wife on sims social - should i be worried?
    I kept it as "good friends." She sped the relationship fastforward to "close friends." There was nothing I could do about it.

I'm doing my best to flirt with her.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    This link was in the bc, pretty interesting

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/ma...nted=1&_r=2&hp
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    I kept it as "good friends." She sped the relationship fastforward to "close friends." There was nothing I could do about it.

I'm doing my best to flirt with her.
    When do you guys become "all up in your friend's wife" friends?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post

I really enjoyed this. Thanks.

the first time i step out of bc to see what else is on the ftr forums, and the first thread i click i find this.

glad ya enjoyed it
    http://zorkion.blogspot.com/
    Letting the Cards Fall - Tracking my progress in the pursuit of profitability.
    Get the fuck back before Christ where you belong
    epic day in americaland sports. GOAT category tennis match and several epic college football games

?wut
    I'm a blonde now.

It's freaking me ouuuuuut.

I went blonde to be tinkerbell for halloween.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    nothing wrong with being a blonde

i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    Is online poker legal yet?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    It is where I live!

... or at least it's not explicitly illegal, and that's good enough for me.
    The downside is that they can throw you in maggots-in-rice prison with the heroin traffickers without needing to be explicit about that either.

If they all look like Kate Beckinsale and Claire Danes though, I guess it's not so bad.
    Well then. Hurricane Katia hit my city (Leeds) today. Luckily we were warned by the news and the Met Office (A full Amber Warning was issued) and have developed some coping strategies. Some local residents have battened down the hatches by grouping the wheelie bins together in order to minimise damage from the horrific storm. Despite that, there have still been some wheelie bins which have fallen victim to the ferocious power of nature. I don't understand why Americans didn't use this strategy to protect their wheelie bins when Irene hit; I can only assume that it's to do with the UK being the more developed country.

Anyway, this picture from by my house shows the full extent of the mayhem.

Stay safe, Britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash256 View Post
    Well then. Hurricane Katia hit my city (Leeds) today. Luckily we were warned by the news and the Met Office (A full Amber Warning was issued) and have developed some coping strategies. Some local residents have battened down the hatches by grouping the wheelie bins together in order to minimise damage from the horrific storm. Despite that, there have still been some wheelie bins which have fallen victim to the ferocious power of nature. I don't understand why Americans didn't use this strategy to protect their wheelie bins when Irene hit; I can only assume that it's to do with the UK being the more developed country.

Anyway, this picture from by my house shows the full extent of the mayhem.

Stay safe, Britain.
    It's a cover up. This is all linked to riots.
    Normski
    Oh no is Stephen Fry OK?!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Had no idea about this devastation. Where can I send money?
    i want to thank boost for his continued cultural awareness education in the lol thread
    I do what I can...
    Kinda freaky

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    You are now breathing manually.

also The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.

?wut
    Final countdown one is odd.

I get the blinking one from time to time without even meaning to.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Oh no is Stephen Fry OK?!
    I dreamt he died the other night. I woke and was seriously "oh, thank god".

I recon my dream was linked to your post. Rilla you're fucking with my head. Get out. Leave me alone!
    Normski
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    You are now breathing manually.

also The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
    you are a god.

also i heard this version - Norther - Final Countdown - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by WillburForce View Post
    I dreamt he died the other night. I woke and was seriously "oh, thank god".

I recon my dream was linked to your post. Rilla you're fucking with my head. Get out. Leave me alone!
    I just had a nap and dreamt that I was in your mind. I woke up in a cold, cold sweat.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I just had a nap and dreamt that I was in your mind. I woke up in a cold, cold sweat.
    I just had a dream that I was in your mind. I woke up in sticky, sticky undergarments.
    I had a dream with boost in it and he ejaculated a 9-roper all over my face
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    I just had a dream that I was in your mind. I woke up in sticky, sticky undergarments.
    I dreamt that... wait.

what did lolzzz say?
    Flew Southwest for the first time tonight. Holy shit wtf is that poor excuse for boarding a plane.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    i love how southwest boards! all you have to do is register 24hours before your flight and you get the pick of any seat on the plane.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bode View Post
    i love how southwest boards! all you have to do is register 24hours before your flight and you get the pick of any seat on the plane.
    are you an aisle or window guy? front or back of the plane?
    just ate a large stirfry with 8oz chicken, mounds of vegetables and white rice, half an apple pie, and washed it down with a quart of whole milk.

not going to lie, i don't really have a stomache ache, but there is some mild discomfort.

@lukieproblems
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    are you an aisle or window guy? front or back of the plane?
    aisle for the leg room, and always front of plane for the quickness getting off
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    I like aisle and I don't really care where on the plane. I hate being on the asking side of the getting out interaction. Also I tend to get up a lot, esp on long flights, it's so nice to just be able to stand up in the aisle for a few minutes. As for fore/aft, I don't care too much, I am never in that much of a rush.
    window plz and stfu fat guy next to me im trying to sleep

?wut
    also after reading the reaction to the micheal bolton emmy thing made me painfully aware of how unaware the masses are to the awesomeness of the internet

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    also after reading the reaction to the micheal bolton emmy thing made me painfully aware of how unaware the masses are to the awesomeness of the internet
    Link? Was not aware of this...
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Wow, that's pretty awesome!
    LOL OPERATIONS
    +1, awesome stuff
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    I figure it's all the justification I need to buy a big drill, have fun playing builder for a few hours and then give a real builder some money while my mrs tuts and tells me that she told me so.
    I bet you thought this was a real post...

NOPE! Chuck Testa
    LOL OPERATIONS
    I am almost certain Jamie will be a complete cunt within a few years.
    possible leg injury, figured in lieu of seeing a doctor I would ask the medical professionals on FTR:

so monday i was in the weight room (har har) doing power cleans with 185 and got a little careless lowering the weight on a rep (manually lowering it from the rack position, not dropping it) and it slammed into my right thigh very hard, about 2/5 of the way up from the knee to the hip. this specific rep stood out to me because it was a lot of force driving into my knee when my knee was probably somewhat flexed, i.e. it didn't just bounce off but drove into my leg a little. serious error on my part.

anyway, i finished the workout without incident or pain, nothing seemed wrong really. the next day (tuesday, i.e. 3 days ago) i put a little pressure on my leg with my hand and it was sort of a weird, sharp but radiating and debilitating pain. it felt very abnormal but there wasn't and still isn't any swelling, discoloring, or loss of performance (I've since squatted with no problems).

the situation basically remains the same today. no visual effects, no discomfort even during strenuous activity but if i put even moderate pressure on it, it hurts pretty bad.

what could this be? a bone bruise? a small fracture? it's hard to tell exactly where the pain is coming from, if that makes sense.
    Doubt the fracture on the femur, they are typicaly a huge problem and the body reacts fairly badly to femur fractures. Possible bone bruise that discolour could still happen. IF your still able to function I doubt it's a serious tear or anything. No swelling and no bruise, doubt it's too much.

FWIW thanks for doing a real lift and not some swiss ball balance core move or some shit. If you haven't had a chance, search for an article called "fuckarounditis" by martin berkhan, you will get a kick ot of it.
    Hey Samantha I have no idea about your medical issue just wanted to chime in saying I power cleaned 186 pounds so there
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Doubt the fracture on the femur, they are typicaly a huge problem and the body reacts fairly badly to femur fractures. Possible bone bruise that discolour could still happen. IF your still able to function I doubt it's a serious tear or anything. No swelling and no bruise, doubt it's too much.

FWIW thanks for doing a real lift and not some swiss ball balance core move or some shit. If you haven't had a chance, search for an article called "fuckarounditis" by martin berkhan, you will get a kick ot of it.
    How are you putting pressure on it? Just down at the same spot you smacked? Assuming its nothing jyms has ruled out, maybe you jived up the nerve. Might be worth a playing around with what you can feel lower down while you're pushing on the painful bit.

Of course, this is assuming you recognize it as not serious enough to consult actual people who have actual understandings of the human body.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I have no idea about
    first times for everything itc
    Hey KiwiMargaret just wanted to chime in and say that was actually my second time
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Hey KiwiMargaret just wanted to chime in and say that was actually my second time
    Did you at least mean the other things you said?

It was still special for me.
    Of course, this is assuming you recognize it as not serious enough to consult actual people who have actual understandings of the human body.
    I giggled.
    If you haven't had a chance, search for an article called "fuckarounditis" by martin berkhan, you will get a kick ot of it.
    Fuckarounditis | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

was a great read.
    It is slowly but surely getting better. It's still painful to put pressure on it, albeit less so, but any worry I had is gone.

Good read. Too much useless-at-best shit goes on at gyms, and not enough core lifts. Here are a few very sad observations at my gym:

There are 6 upright support benches (4 flat, 1 incline, 1 decline) to go together with another 5-6 standalone ones..... and 1 power rack. Amusingly, it's a rare day that I have to wait for that power rack.

Of course, the upright support benches don't get a ton of use either because a lot of the regulars seem to be doing cable crossover instead (when they aren't doing curls, laterals, machines, or some seemingly bizarre circuit combinations that I try not to pay much attention to).
    Also, realizing the apparent irony of someone giving an update on an injury suffered while weight training in the same post as berating others about weight training, this is the only injury I've ever had in about 10 years of lifting. And I'm not even sure it really even qualifies as an injury, really.
    just watched monday night football, and the difference between having an elite quarterback on a football team and having just a guy continues to be readily apparent. the colts with manning win that game.

i don't watch sportscenter anymore because the 'sports coverage' is laughable, but i caught the highlights of the tigers beating the yankees, verlander vs cc sabathia. it reminded me of a couple years ago when i dated a calvin klein model from new york (way out of my league) who, after breaking up with me, started flying around with verlander to games and shit.

i don't really have much more to add other than i was pulling for the yankees, in a humorous sort of way
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    i don't watch sportscenter anymore because the 'sports coverage' is laughable, but i caught the highlights of the tigers beating the yankees, verlander vs cc sabathia. it reminded me of a couple years ago when i dated a calvin klein model from new york (way out of my league) who, after breaking up with me, started flying around with verlander to games and shit
    I LOL'd at the part where Lukie thought there was a girl out of his league.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    i pulled my calf muscle last night while sleeping =( pain

?wut
    Yesterday we were chilling on the steps in front of the hostel, and a guy from Kenya came out of the hostel and was like looking to sit down too, so I pointed at the bottom of the stairs where there was still space and was like "you can sit there bud". tl;dr: I told a black guy where he's allowed to sit.

But you're family is black, kiwi. It just depends on what you consider your family.
    Will you be my new daddy, rilla?
    Hier kommt die Sonne!

?wut
    I f things didn't exist we wouldn't know they were there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    Will you be my new daddy, rilla?
    I can't, my blood is too pure.
    Heh, I underestimated teh power that DNS servers have over my internet. These are my numbers:

So it should be wicked fast. Not Norway or Japan kind of fast, but still.

But I would only have timeouts and shit. Then I found this as I couldn't sleep:
    Speed Up Your Web Browsing in a Few Clicks: A Brief Introduction to DNS

And holy shit. What the fuck. Holy supersonic speed, Batman. It turns out my local ISP's DNS servers suck major ass, quite expected actually.

Gotta get these new DNS's right into my router to make this permanent for all at my home asap.

/obligatory hidden brag: yes, I'm on a fucking island
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 10-12-2011 at 03:47 AM.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Back to work but man oh man, Austin is a cool town.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    someone else out there has to love maynard... listen to the new puscifer album - First Spin: Listen to Puscifer&#039;s &#039;Conditions&#039; LP | SPIN.com
    "We don’t allow faster than light neutrinos in here" said the bartender. A neutrino walks into a bar.
    clever that's
    someone else out there has to love maynard... listen to the new puscifer album - First Spin: Listen to Puscifer's 'Conditions' LP | SPIN.com
    nice. ty sir
    Theory: a society is a product of the drugs it consumes. Coffee, alcohol, and sometimes cocaine are the drugs of living fast, pursuit of status and power. Lo n behold, those people rule our society. What if instead of coffee and alcohol being preferred drugs of consumption, they were weed and LSD? Perhaps then the very structure of our society would reflect, and instead of the amoral model of all about the dollah dollah bill yo, love and community and nature are what we all grow to appreciate more.

Maybe a different set of drugs shaping our society wouldn't even bear forth people or entities that we consider totally standard ways of life
    Less hippy bullshit please.

?wut
    Haters just gotta hate

The question isn't whether drugs change societies, but how and to what degree
    All good junkies know about balance.
    All good junkies know about balance.
    So balance that cocaine habit with some Robitussin?
    LOL OPERATIONS