Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 93 of 420 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,975 of 31490
    flobro
    Dana Rong
    Samantha
    Dude, that's my name, it can't be my nickname.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Meowugy
    not bad, i wouldnt have thought of that direction. but its papawugy to you son

is that srsly ur real name?
    Of course not, but it is my ftr name.
    no ur dan aron g. dana rong is because ur a girl who's always wrong
    Am I an attractive girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    Am I an attractive girl?
    Dunno. Post pics or ban.
    I need to buy a new frock first
    FannyLaDouche doesn't get a nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    fyp
    was gonna bring up j-murdddda but didn't know if anyone still used it

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Hows your jar of snake oil workin for you?
    Some of Kiyosaki's things make sense, yet some are complete bullshit. The trick lies in finding out which is which, and consider those that are worthy for further research.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    But this is complete bullshit:

‪Battle of the sexes: Lines blurred by modern stress‬‏ - YouTube

The woman in black dress simply erupts bullshit, like a supervolcano consisting exclusively of cowshit.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Iron Bowl sting catches alleged deadbeat parents | WRBL

This is the best thing I've ever seen since To Catch a Predator.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Get on the bus.
    Ok boys, here we go

First the housing market, now the market

United States loses AAA credit rating from S&P | Reuters

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Republicans are pissed that we weren't downgraded to F-
    dear stars can i keep my BR in gold please?

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    no ur dan aron g. dana rong is because ur a girl who's always wrong
    Am I an attractive girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Dunno. Post pics or ban.
    Laughed out loud at this
    wtf i cant nick a dude called JL

well if you were black i could nick you JaiL
    WAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Ok boys, here we go

<a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    That shit doesn't mean shit. Nobody listens to S&P, and it's not like they haven't lost all rating credibility in the past. Besides, they made sure to reform statements that it has nothing to do with the debt, but with acknowledgement that the Republicans might pull the plug just for shits and giggles

The debt isn't even a problem. If it were a problem then certain things would be factually different. Things like the per GDP numbers would need to be way higher, and downgrading would be much steeper and have happened years ago. Without the threat of default by crazies who simply want to get reelected by retards, the US is arguably the safest institution on the planet. It's not like the federal government doesn't generate substantially more revenue than anybody while choosing to vastly under-generating that same revenue simply because it can

Now, the real debt that's problematic is private household debt, but that has nothing to do with public debt, and Washington hasn't been talking about it and hasn't lifted a finger to fix that problem. In fact, attempts to curb public debt actually make the private debt problem worse. The entire thing is smoke and mirrors by lying thieves who do everything they can to steal money from us. Scientists have yet to find the fundamental difference between capitalism and serfdom
    Scientists have yet to find the fundamental difference between capitalism and serfdom
    the media set us FREE. now we can have our own thoughts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Ok boys, here we go

Peter Schiff says get off the dollar because the S&P downgrade is the first step in a feedback loop that'll tear it to pieces.

Warren Buffet says were golden because we print the US Dollar.

I've got a feeling Schiff is probably closer to the truth.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Ew rilla are you seriously on the Schiff wagon?

The guy is a fucking whack. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Schiff is actually a little better than that inasmuch as he does have a couple good things he's said, but dude he is fucking so ridiculously wrong on economics its not funny.

He's been preaching doom and gloom just around the corner since forever. When it doesn't happen, he just banks on the fact that people are dumbshits who care about the emotion behind the message instead of the results, and he keeps preaching the same disproven shit

But his methodology is even worse. This motherfucker uses Zimbabwe and the Weimar Republic as examples for why USD can hyperinflate. WTF?! That is literally one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Both of those nations DESTROYED their economies. They didn't lose a few points like we have, they lost EVERY point. That's why they hyperinflated, because there were literally no other methods to raise revenue. In order for USD to hyperinflate along Schiff's retard lines, virtually every business in the US would have to close down and unemployment would be over 90% or some shit.

He does not understand how currencies relate to each other, and how a little tightening in one area makes things looser in another and there's overall balance. His fucktarded examples are of a nation with a regime that wanted to obliterate that very nation and a nation that was ransacked then told it needed to pay for that ransacking. We are not in a position remotely like this, and the only time the USD collapses is when aliens invade. What happens with currencies are a symptom, not a cause, and the USD is still the top. The Euro is about 10x in a worse position than USD, and has been since inception

Another important thing is that we need to stop paying attention to the fluctuations of the financial system. We got into this mess because of them, and they have done nothing to help us out of this mess. In fact, I would argue that it would be better over the long haul if Dow took a huge fucking beating and stayed down and US debt wasn't AAA rated. Credit rating, Wall Street, and GDP are NOT the correct ways to evaluate the health of the economy. It's all just brainwashing by the ponzi overlords. In theory, good credit rating is great, but not when the only use it has is for the ponzi overlords to pump debt onto its citizenry by way of reducing wages but increasing credit lines, most of Wall Street has nothing to do with the overwhelming majority of the economy, it's fucking polo for bankers, and as GDP has been going up up up for decades, median economic health has been going down down down

The only problem with the downgrading is that I'm sure the ponzi overlords will find a way to make the citizenry pay for their problems, as usual.
    Hell, the downgrade probably shouldn't even be news. It's not like S&P wasn't giving blowjobs to the establishment during the bubble. Basic accounting showed that shit was going to explode, but the Captains of Finance didn't care. Why do they care now? They only care because it means their record profits could hurt so they're trying to find a way to make sure if they do hurt it doesn't hurt them but us. They start hurting us by making us think their stupid shit is the most important thing in the world

"Lady Gaga wears white, Dow soars"

"Boris Yeltsin mentioned on the BBC, Dow plummets"

"Fed announces new line of super soft money that cures back problems when slept on by corporate executives, Dow has best day since John Edwards dumped his wife"

"Obama's morning exercise lasted extra two minutes, Dow has worst day since Napoleon lost at Waterloo"

"Aliens invade, Wall Street fears this might be the end"

"Aliens in talks with heads of Goldman Sachs, Dow soars higher than a flying saucer"
    Labels, man. I don't know what all is implied with being on the Schiff wagon so I don't accept the label. From my eyes, it rather seems like Warren Buffet is saying the easy thing to say and Schiff is saying the difficult thing to say. One strikes me as much more genuine.

I don't rely on my understanding of economics since it operates in a separate world from the real world. It has it's own internal laws, rules, and assumptions and I haven't spent enough time forcing them into my brain. Hell, as best as I can understand it, a dollar or any unit of wealth is only nebulously related to anything in the real world. It's just a tool to enable trade to enable the vast sum of humans alive today to be able to specialize on one or more tasks and still be able to satisfy all their worldly needs.

As best as I can see the problem is this: America is well situated because it has the ability to raise the capital it may need or print the money that it owes. America isn't in a do or die situation by any measure, but rather we're at an ideological crossroads.

The conservative view points seems to be one of a top-down economy where backbone is the availability of cheap capital. If 1 person has 100 million dollars, what is he going to do with it? You can't just leave it in the bank. It may get stolen and the FDIC only insures you for like a mil. You can't dump it into a 401k or an IRA which are capped at like 17k and 5k/yr. So if one person holds a whole bunch of money, that person needs to make it available as investments... which means that people who need capital to move on their business ventures have an easier time finding it in an America where the wealthy have an easy time being wealthy.

On the other side, what would 10,000 poor people do with 10,000 dollars? They'd consume. And certainly it's no task in explaining the workings of a trickle-up economy. If we focus on stocking the pond, instead of having a fisherman go to the richers and petition for the funds to buy a fleet of ships, and employ a fleet of sailors, one fisherman builds himself a pole, fishes for a bit, gets himself a net, fishes some more, eventually gets a boat, fishes better than before, gets himself a crew etc etc.

I would really prefer living in a country that has spent the past 3 decades committing to a bottom-up economy but I don't have that luxury. And if my country isn't going to choose to raise the capital it needs, and instead goes the route of printing money, it seems like we'll be cruising right off a cliff.
    That's cool. I just always make sure Schiff's bullshit gets detected. Any genuineness he has about his ideas of dollar collapse are just genuinely crazy. Maybe if the Fed printed 300 trillion would his Zimbabwe analogies have resemblance...
    "Hi, I'm Wufwugy...stock market crashes"
    LOL OPERATIONS
    i think that might be the second one of those that has ever been funny
    i laugh everytime i see tbh.

?wut
    GOD BLESS HOT SHOWERS, GNOCCHI AND 720p ENTOURAGE

?wut
    Another important thing is that we need to stop paying attention to the fluctuations of the financial system.
    How would you feel if you were suddenly banned from paying attention to economics, and instead had to spend all the time you spend on economics on working for a charity helping the vulnerable?
    Ew rilla are you seriously on the Schiff wagon?

The guy is a fucking whack.
    Wat? I thought he was a cool becausse one time dis guy wufanugy told me he was cool. You know him?

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post1704254

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post1711782
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JERRY JERRY JERRY
    Benny lays the PWN itt.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    In my post on Schiff, I was about to mention the main reason I have a hardon for him is because I used to, well, have a hardon for him, but I didn't because I felt it would be too much of a Bro's Cool Story. He was actually my introduction to economics. I didn't start paying attention to this stuff until after the crash. I was on the Schiff wagon for about 3-4 months before I understood things more accurately.

But that's how it always works. When you're learning something, you're wrong at first. You're also wrong at second and third and fourth and even fiftieth. It's only after you've been wrong so many times that you can acknowledge what's right

Y'all needa rekonize that teh wufwuginator is forever one of the only people to ever admit he was wrong on the internet. First time was back in like 04, I was defending the efficacy of homeopathy (yes I used to be a hippie), but because I care more about being right than feeling right, I learned that I was wrong, and said so

Nice try Beeny, and good memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash256 View Post
    How would you feel if you were suddenly banned from paying attention to economics, and instead had to spend all the time you spend on economics on working for a charity helping the vulnerable?
    I already try to help myself. It hasn't been working that well
    I'm never wrong...and you will never catch me being wrong...even when I'm wrong.
    FYP
    i literalold
    Blah blah blah blah bleh

I'm going to the drunk thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by flomo View Post
    Blah blah blah blah bleh

I'm going to the drunk thread.
    here's an example of quality random drunkness done right

flomo has some mojo
    I fucking hate working in financial services. I'm currently being completely fucked by a compliance audit. May be unemployed by the end of the day.

Inb4 new op: Dan goes pro with horrific bankroll management.
    I fucking hate working in financial services. I'm currently being completely fucked by a compliance audit. May be unemployed by the end of the day.
    Been through those. Lotsa fun.
    Survived lol panic over
    Remember when you cried like a little bitch that you were going to lose your job? Good times.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    "Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool...I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope that I don't get in a fight! Ohh, back to school, back to school..."

School starts next week, bring it on fuckers!

You're still not allowed to post here anymore
    BACK TO SCHOOL, WITH BOOKS SO COOOOOOOOOOOL.

LOTS OF PERCENT OF DURASEAL BITCHES
    I keep getting older but the schoolkids stay the same age
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    A Lack of Sleep can Kill you | Journey of a Serial Entrepreneur

Pretty crazy. Super healthy 42 year old, CEO, marathon runner drops dead after a workout.

Silver lining

· Young people (25-49 years of age) are twice as likely to get high BP if they sleep less. Paper published in 2006.
    You're young until you're 50! Congratz to all the geezers around here who are back on the team!

P.S. get some sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    A Lack of Sleep can Kill you | Journey of a Serial Entrepreneur

Pretty crazy. Super healthy 42 year old, CEO, marathon runner drops dead after a workout.

Silver lining

You're young until you're 50! Congratz to all the geezers around here who are back on the team!

P.S. get some sleep.
    there ain't no rest for the wicked.
    money don't grow on trees.
    i got bills to pay, i got mouths to feed.
    there ain't nothing in this world for free.
    no i can't slow down, i can't hold back
    even though i wish i could
    oh there ain't no rest for the wicked,
    until we close our eyes for good.

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    there ain't no rest for the wicked.
    money don't grow on trees.
    i got bills to pay, i got mouths to feed.
    there ain't nothing in this world for free.
    no i can't slow down, i can't hold back
    even though i wish i could
    oh there ain't no rest for the wicked,
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I think I kind of like these guys. I haven't made up my mind completely yet, but that is a very good song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    I keep getting older but the schoolkids stay the same age
    Nononono. You have to do it like this: david wooderson - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I think I kind of like these guys. I haven't made up my mind completely yet, but that is a very good song.
    They really remind me of beck, which can't be a bad thing.
    vocals in music can suck so much. not always but motherfuckers need to get a clue. listening to runnin with the devil van halen and im like wtf this is awesome but then david lee cockface starts singing and killed it. its like change of seasons dreamtheater is one of the greatest songs ever yet cuntface fullstops the amazing when he opens his mouth. its not always like that tho. ratm and tool are great examples of artists who know how to make vocals. others like stevie ray and dave matthews even know what theyre doing even though they have voices that maybe shouldnt. but goddamn i cant stand when great music is assfucked by retards thinking that just becuase its easier to sell with vocals they have to open their no-talent assclown faces

like this is a great example Eagles - Hotel California [Hell Freezes Over] - YouTube don henley needs to be dropped off a cliff for thinking it was a good idea to buttrape such a great interpretation of such a great song with his stupid singing.
    its like change of seasons dreamtheater is one of the greatest songs ever yet cuntface fullstops the amazing when he opens his mouth.
    fucking blasphemy
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    fucking blasphemy
    had never heard of this band/song before... but I have to agree with wuf... I was really digging it, then this douche started to make noises with his vocal chords.
    YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WHEN YOUR HIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit
    just realized that what i was thinking of was dreamscape which is a song by 009 sound system and not the band i was thinking of anyways carry on

?wut
    FWIW, I think that no better example of how to use vocals exists than RATM. Their vocals are styled and integrated perfectly into the instruments and composition. The vocals in A Change of Seasons do get better after they hit a groove, but the introduction in the song is just not good. The song gets you rockin, but then that rockin suddenly stops as they try to find a way to bring the vocals into it. It's a flaw of composition, and isn't something you get with the GOAT bands like RATM, Tool, Poets of the Fall, Collective Soul. You'll be hard pressed to find a song from those bands where the vocals are not treated as instruments themselves and fluidly composed

Part of it though is that I have a bunch of hate for a lot of vocalists mainly out of the sixties and seventies. Some of the music is fantastic, but then these dickheads who either don't know how to sing (Tom Petty) or think that the vocalist is the most important part of the band (Van Halen) ruin it. I mean fuck it, I hadn't heard Van Halen for like six years now, then I just came across a song and it was fucking amazing until Roth started screaming. Shit pisses me off
    I'd also like to say that RATM is the best band to ever live. They're not my favorite (that's probably Tool), there are possibly like twenty different bands or musicians I'd rather listen to than RATM, but Jesus goddamn man I can't help but be awed at how fucking well they made their music. RATM had an uncanny ability to make a song good from start to finish, they have zero bad songs, they made each instrument and vocals appear primary and important yet accompanying at the same time, and they took a very raw and non-musicy style and made it exceptionally listenable

RATM is the Chris Rock of music. Get on stage, tear the house down, then drop the mic

That would make the Beastie Boys the Don Rickles of music. No matter what it is, the joke's on you
    I should add that I have a very hard time picking RATM over Tool. I mean if any band is the modern Beethoven, it's Tool, but there's just something to the fact that RATM songs are virtually devoid of bullshit and air and they're simply straight to the point and feel like they were done in the backyard by a few teenagers, yet as awesomely composed as it gets. I just gotta give RATM the nod. I feel like Tool did what they did because they worked really hard, but I feel like RATM just came straight from the heart and was running on pure raw talent. Tool is much more epic and refined, but RATM is like "did that just happen?"
    FOUR PAOSTS FOR TITTY BOUNCE
    browsing ftr in work is once again tricky, thank you sir
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    browsing ftr in work is once again tricky, thank you sir
    Turn off sigs, ldo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Turn off sigs, ldo.
    +1, I honestly didn't know I could do this. Thank you sir
    Wuf, I was with you until you starting talking shit about Tom Petty. He's a perfect example of being able to make lots of good songs without being a great vocalist.

One of the better shows I've seen in the last few years was him and Joe Cocker at the Gorge last summer. Although I do have to admit, that venue makes everyone better.
    I can pick up what you're putting down Wuf.

Agree with the RATM points but pretty sure if there is a Hell you are going there. Hell Freezes Over Live is in my top 5 albums of all time and easily #1 for drinking music.

Some of the best songs ever were written/performed by people who can't sing for shit. Bob Dylan can write a hell of a song but I would rather wedge a toothpick into my big toenail and kick a wall over listening to him singing them.

Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, James Taylor, Johnny Cash fall into that category imo as well but their voices are bearable to listen to.

Related note: I got a chance to play with Allison Krauss (very close friend of my ex-gf's dad) a few years back and she is hands down the best straight talent vocalist ever to walk the planet in my book.
    I like balls.
    That would make the Beastie Boys the Don Rickles of music. No matter what it is, the joke's on you
    Don't know if I agree with this point but I still think it's a fucking awesome analogy for what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Mike D. grabbed the money, M.C.A. snatched the gold. I grabbed two girlies and a beer that's cold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Wuf, I was with you until you starting talking shit about Tom Petty. He's a perfect example of being able to make lots of good songs without being a great vocalist.

One of the better shows I've seen in the last few years was him and Joe Cocker at the Gorge last summer. Although I do have to admit, that venue makes everyone better.
    Naw I agree. Petty made some excellent music, but I can't stomach his terrible voice. I mean he even composed the vocals very well, he just personally can't sing for shit
    Quote Originally Posted by DropTheBanana View Post
    I can pick up what you're putting down Wuf.

Agree with the RATM points but pretty sure if there is a Hell you are going there. Hell Freezes Over Live is in my top 5 albums of all time and easily #1 for drinking music.

Some of the best songs ever were written/performed by people who can't sing for shit. Bob Dylan can write a hell of a song but I would rather wedge a toothpick into my big toenail and kick a wall over listening to him singing them.

Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, James Taylor, Johnny Cash fall into that category imo as well but their voices are bearable to listen to.

Related note: I got a chance to play with Allison Krauss (very close friend of my ex-gf's dad) a few years back and she is hands down the best straight talent vocalist ever to walk the planet in my book.
    I do recall Hell Freezes Over being good. It was the only Eagles I ever really liked.
    in all actuality, i'm not a huge beastie boys fan.. the music is a bit too dry for lack of a better term.. but i do like some of the songs.

so i saw 3 special license plates today...

I 88888 I

MLJ CAR

WHT I WNT [on a hummer]

i don't really know what to make of the first one, or the second one of that matter, other than i find that going out of ones way to spend more money on a custom license plate to be rather distasteful and odd.