Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Secure yourself

Default Secure yourself

5 Figures down the drain to a UK haxxor villain who decided to joyride 5knl PLO.

Make sure you pick up an RSA token if you haven't already. You can get one from the Stars FPP store for about $20-$30 worth of FPP, or here: http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=1156

I ordered mine last week, received it today, works easy and like a charm.

I've also started using a new e-mail address exclusively for Stars. Also, implemented McAfee Anti-Virus.

For Stars players, there is also a PIN # option you could use to help secure your account. The RSA token is extremely effective though.

BiD
    That is terrible sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up though. This is definately something that ive never even considered before.
    You wanna die? Run on up on that black Seven forty-five.
    I was not the victim, but I think it's important to post this.
    I use the PIN option since I don't really keep enough in my Stars account to worry about it. However, I do keep all the anti-virus and anti-spyware on my computer right up to date.
    This is a lesson as well in not keeping more cash than you need in your account. Reloading is quick and easy these days ... better that than losing a significant proportion of your roll.
    Reloading is quick and easy these days
    Did i miss new legislation?
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcboy
    Reloading is quick and easy these days
    Did i miss new legislation?
    Reloading is pretty easy if you don't live in the US, Hong Kong, France or certain other jurisdictions!
    Whoa! More information, please? I'm somewhat technical, but I'd like more information:

1. How did this person lose so much money? Did a hacker infect a computer and somehow record his keystrokes, get his poker password and email password?

2. What does the RSA token do? I assume it means PS supports the use of a physical RSA fob that displays those rotating numbers and you need to enter a unique token each time in order to play under a given account?

Thanks for clarifying!