Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

10nl- TPTK

Default 10nl- TPTK

I had been reraised off several cbets, like 2 out of the last 4-5 hands I played, and was afraid I was looking to transparent with them, hence the checked flop... no read on V. Anything wrong with this line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP2 ($1.85)
    MP3 ($11.40)
    Hero ($9.75)
    Button ($4.25)
    SB ($9.60)
    BB ($7.25)
    UTG ($4.35)
    UTG+1 ($2.45)
    MP1 ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
    5 folds, Hero raises to $0.4, 1 fold, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold.

Flop: ($0.90) 2, 9, 3 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.90) T (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.7, SB raises to $1.4, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($3.70) 3 (2 players)
    SB bets $2.3, Hero calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $8.30
    Beginner speaking:
    I think this is fine. You're in blind steal position and checking the flop - he'll think you weak. When you call the turn min-raise he can easily put you on a second-best hand and try to bluff you off it. Bluff is certainly in his range - QJ for example, or maybe AT, KT, QT (he did seem to like the T). A low or middle pair I'd also put in his range, most of which you beat. I'd like to think that he wouldn't cold call a raise in SB with a JT, T9 or lower connector (even if suited). Nor JJ-AA. A9 also seems in his range, especially suited.

In terms of pot size and value extraction I think the pot is a size more or less appropriate to the strength of your hand. Not seeing anything really wrong in this.

In terms of cbetting or not - if called (raised) a lot when cbetting I'd sometimes delay the cbet to the turn, sometimes fold, sometimes call the re-raise and sometimes re-re-raise - depending on what I have. I'd tend to cbet overpairs and good draws and go slower on the completely missed flops (with maybe the turn-delayed cbet). In this case even though you miss this flop I would expect the villain also to have missed it (range being mostly medium pairs and two high cards for a cold called raise in SB imo), and I would probably have cbet - and either called or re-re-raised if he re-raised me. But I tend to take the aggro thing too far sometimes, so it's probably completely fine to check behind to control the pot size.