Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

A few 25NL disasters. How could I have played better?

Default A few 25NL disasters. How could I have played better?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?709670

Hit a gutshot, rivered and then lost big.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?712328

A flopped nut straight was river, and I couldn't get away.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?701089

TPTK against a flopped straight.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?701766

KK vs QQ, him hitting a set.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?685634

I offered my opponent my stack when he had a full house while I had top trips.
    BBQSquirrel's poker blog

100NL adventures -- both FR and 6max

http://bbqsquirrel.blogspot.com
    Hand #1 you have the idiot end of the straight. try not to go all in with this, IMO. villian just as easily has 5 6. Keep pot small with this straight without a good read

Hand #2 Pay full houses off if you have a straight, you beat everything else on the board. Full pot bet on Turn, try to induce all in before river.

Hand #3 - Don't stack off with just one pair. Broadway is hit more often than you would expect, lots of people call raises with A10, KJ, QJ, KQ, etc. so beware of that and play a smaller pot if the flop brings a potential broadway. Watch your opponents betting patterns as indicators of strength. I find people play much more straight up in terms of big betting than you would think. Usually its a sign of big strength to re-raise. You can get away from this. You also don't have top kicker, someone with AK could have "top kicker" for two pair. That's the other hand I worry about there, along with King or Ace ten. You look very beat.

Hand #4 with Kings, I slow down after getting re-raised. You don't want to play for stacks much with Kings, IMO. The hands I have stacked off with kings have been at best even in the long run, maybe slightly negative. My most profitable kings hands are small-medium profits. Remember as general rule you don't want to stack off with "just one pair" as your opponent isn't likely to do so...

Hand #5 I pay this off every time, you have trips with top kicker. Pay off FHs, unfortunately. Most of the time its a lower kicker or 2p not believing trips, unless there is a draw-heavy board. Can't get away from this as you would lose money on other hands in the long run.
    1) Fold flop (why are you calling??), raise more on turn. I think river is fine.

2) Fine. Villain is way too short not to get it AI with him.

3) Bet more on flop. Turn is a really really bad spot to bet/3bet. Villain can EASILY have 2 pair or better.

4) Bet more on flop. Slow down after raise. He's most likely not on a draw.

5) Raise flop. I probably stack off too.
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    Hand 1. Fold on the flop.
    Hand 2. Fold on the flop.
    Hand 3. Fold on the flop.
    Hand 4. Raise more pre-flop. On the flop, fold to the re-raise.
    Hand 5. Tough hand. Raise more on flop. If re-raised then fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudito
    Hand 2. Fold on the flop.
    do you like to make a habit of folding after flopping the nuts?
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    My apologies. I misread Hand 2 with another similar one. Just got confused. It would have being much easier if you posted the hand instead of posting URL links.
    Hand 2. A case of bad beat. So the fish got your money. Just shrugg it off.
    Such things happens. I remember the worse bad beat I played, AA, flopped a set on the flop, and fish caught runner-runner to make quads on the river.
    5) If the table is full of calling stations I would reraise to 1.5 preflop. I don't like AQ in a four way pot if I can help it.
    1. Fine, nice to see you didnt spew.
    2. lol sucks. He made the mistake.
    3. Fold the turn, he tells you he likes his hand. You played this well until you 3bet spewed all in with one pair.
    4. Reads. I immediatly think QQQ, but fish will have Aq here a lot. Fwiw, i cal the reraise and lead the turn and TRY to fold kings on the turn, but if opp sucks (and this is 25nl) id still stack off anyway because you just cant get away here at these stakes.
    5. reraise preflop to isolate. I dont really want a three way flop here or anyone coming in behind with position. Id also try to find a range for a miniraisor.
    ive been here on the results bit and i dont think you get away, but then 99 is a hand you can put weak opps on preflop.
    If you reraised preflop, you may get away on the turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffed22001
    5. ive been here on the results bit and i dont think you get away, but then 99 is a hand you can put weak opps on preflop.
    I don't follow the comment about 99. Can you explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by mixchange
    5. ive been here on the results bit and i dont think you get away, but then 99 is a hand you can put weak opps on preflop.
    I don't follow the comment about 99. Can you explain?
    If you reraise preflop opp will play a big pot on a big money street allowing you to find a fold. When you just call preflop you have no idea what opp has and just bet your hand. Probably, you played this correctly post-flop, maybe im mistaken there, but i think a reraise preflop is better than a call, and then we get away from our hand instaed of stacking off.
    I read this HH a few times before looking at results and i smelt something fishy, dunno why.
    1) fine
    2) Bet pot on flop, bet pot/go all in on turn, your river line is gaytarded
    3)terrible, c/c flop or bet/fold to most players in this game
    4)fold flop if he's solid, fine if he sucks
    5)reraise to 2.75 preflop, raise flop, get all in on turn
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    Personally I am most pissed about hands 1 and 5, because the way I bet my hands I pretty much placed my cards face-up on the table. The river bet/raise sizes were too big; only better hands will call those heavy bets/raises while worse hands will fold.

Hand 4, I would probably get away from it if he reraised my 3-bet on flop, but he just called instead, so I guess it was a good play by him.
    BBQSquirrel's poker blog

100NL adventures -- both FR and 6max

http://bbqsquirrel.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsinho
    hand plays so differently if we reraise preflop and opp spikes a set of nines.