Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Queen high flush, baffling villain all-in on turn

Default Queen high flush, baffling villain all-in on turn

No reads on villain -- hadn't seen him in much action as I was fairly new to the table. I was excited at first for the flop, but his turn bet was just a shocker to me.

Is this a King or Ace high flush trying to induce a donk call? But why would they behave that way? Maybe King high, scared I hold the ace? I still don't get it.

Trips scared of a fourth heart? That seems out of the question, why the risk? Lower flush cards scared of the 4th?

the more I think, it can't be a scared push you out of here bet. I think its someone trying to pose as a donk with the ace high flush to induce a call from the lower flush. I just don't get why the play on the turn?

After losing two stacks this week with queen high flushes to K and A high, I've stopped to making it all-in w/ q

Hand just baffles me. Do you make this call?

Poker Stars
    No Limit Holdem Ring game
    Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
    5 players
    Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q 2
    UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls $0.25 (pot was $1.75), BB checks.

Flop: J 5 3 ($2, 4 players)
    Hero bets $0.5, BB raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.5 (pot was $4.5).

Turn: 6 ($6, 2 players)
    Hero checks, BB is all-in $61.7, Hero ???
    Looks like a set or a scared weaker flush.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    easy call. he's very scared with something you beat or very risky with something you dont.
    possibly bluffing, actually
    Call.
    Damn it. I guess I could have picked up an easy $63, at a 50NL table, but had been recently been burned by Queen high FD's.

When do you tend to get worried with FDs, in terms of your high flush card for an all in? Is normally a queen a no-no, unless villain is making a donk play like this?
    Easiest call ever? Villain in this hand is BB. He could EASILY have a lower flush.
    Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.
    As played, I would call the all-in push. Villain is making a move. If he had the nut flush draw, would he push all-in? Looks like he has a small flush and he is trying to protect. Very daring move by Villain.