Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

misplayed hand , against fishy player

Default misplayed hand , against fishy player

same player as other thread, was calling often , playing alot of hands, was this a checkraise on the flop?
    how could i have played this better we dont know if villain has a pair ,flushdraw or overcards but against any pair on the flop we have decent equity still right

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
    PokerStars
    4 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
    CO ($3.43) 172bb
    BTN ($4.98) 249bb
    SB Hero ($4.20) 210bb
    BB ($1.99) 100bb

Pre-Flop: (0.03, 4 players) Hero is SB
    1 fold, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.07, 1 fold
    Flop: ($0.18, 2 players)

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.42, 2)
    Hero bets $0.21, BTN calls $0.21 River: ($0.84, 2)

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.34, Hero folds

Final Pot: $1.18

BTN wins $1.15 (net +$0.40)

Hero lost $0.41
    4-handed is a crap-shoot. I just guess and mash buttons. The variance is pretty high, so it's hard to know what's the right amount of looseness. The blinds come super fast, so you can't wait for "good" hands to play. There are only 3 villains to beat, so you don't need as good a hand to win. It's all very different from full table play.

I wouldn't worry about this. You're not a tournament player, so sitting 4-handed shouldn't be a situation you find yourself in too often.

I think this hand is played OK. x/r OTF isn't just a move you do 'cause of your hand's strength. Nothing is. You've given no read on Villain that motivates you to take a tricky line. You haven't said they are capable of folding to a x/r OTF, so the assumption that it's a move that belongs in your toolbox against this player is premature.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Can't say I like the turn lead. I'd rather just c/r the flop if we're going to try and bluff this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong