Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

onebyphi vs jeffreyknorman

Default onebyphi vs jeffreyknorman

2 players with a lot of experience decided to play 20 hands: http://www.flopturnriver.com/ofc-poker/table.php?17743

I hope they play more hands, it is interesting watching different styles.

Hand 12:
    phi is utg and sets Q / T A / 4 5

There is no good place to put the T, I'm not sure how I would set this. Is something like Q / A 4 5 / T a consideration? This way we can get 2 low pairs mid if the ace doesn't come.

Hand 19:
    jk is utg and sets X / T 7 3 / K J.

I wonder if K / 7 3 / T J was considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    2 players with a lot of experience decided to play 20 hands: http://www.flopturnriver.com/ofc-poker/table.php?17743

I hope they play more hands, it is interesting watching different styles.
    I got lucky in this match, but we've exchanged FTR stats and despite our differing styles, we have very similar results. Jeff plays a bit more conservatively (and many of his more conservative plays are improvements on my often overly agressive style). I get to FL about 5% more often, but he fouls about 6% less often. We talked through some spots, and he helped me see some holes in my game, especially setting FL pairs on top on the 2nd or 3rd draw when the outs don't really rationalize it.

Hand 12:
    phi is utg and sets Q / T A / 4 5

There is no good place to put the T, I'm not sure how I would set this. Is something like Q / A 4 5 / T a consideration? This way we can get 2 low pairs mid if the ace doesn't come.
    The most basic goal is QQ/AA/anything that beats AA. The idea behind the suited connectors in back is that I can pursue a flush, a straight, or some 2-pair/trips/boat/quads hand, depending on what comes on the first draw.

Hand 19:
    jk is utg and sets X / T 7 3 / K J.

I wonder if K / 7 3 / T J was considered.
    We discussed this at the time:

16:59:24OneByPhi: i like K/73/jt with your group

16:59:44jeffreyknorman: yes, love to use k bottom ace middle but no attractive way to set the rest of the cards

His idea is that the suited one-gapper might lead to a flush, straight, or Ks-up, etc. I'm rethinking this spot because I almost always reflexively set a single FL card on top.