Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

FTR Werewolf: Gold Rush (Carbon Poker Freeroll)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib View Post
    Gator, who do you think is wolfy?
    At the moment you, Keith and Rong top my list.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    I'm willing to self lynch if keybored flips village.
    rong's words havent been too wolfy but i think when people say "i cant post for a while because of ___" its VERY wolfy. villagers dont care to make excuses unless the heat is already on them while wolves are sweating what people think (and thus they make excuses).

id vote him
    Rescind Wuf

Vote Baudib

I still think Wuf is wolf.
    Metal.....Gear!?
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    I'm willing to self lynch if keybored flips village.
    Jeepers...Don't do that unless you're a wolf!
    I was jk. I would never self lynch on purpose.

Accidentally on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Keybored's a villager, btw.
    My Day 2 soulread is that keybored is a wolf.
    Keybored's making no enemies. Going with the flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFoxxxx View Post
    Rescind Wuf

Vote Baudib

Uhm...Isn't this #7?
    ^ ^ ^
    ...don't know why those first three quotes showed up above.
    The sun is setting on Day #2. A majority has been reached.

DAY #2 LYNCH NOMINATIONS

baudib - 7 *Majority*
    GatorJH - 3

_____

a500lbgorilla --- GatorJH #674
    BankItDrew --- (GrayFoxxxx #572) (baudib #579) (wufwugy #603) baudib #700
    baudib --- (GrayFoxxxx #571) (GatorJH #654) GatorJH #676
    bikes --- baudib #696
    gabe --- GatorJH #652
    GatorJH --- baudib #685
    GrayFoxxxx --- (wufwugy #605) baudib #754
    Keith
    Keybored --- baudib #722
    OngBonga --- baudib #641
    rong
    scourrge
    wufwugy --- baudib #620

Day #2 still in progress. Narration pending...
    An eerie silence was prevalent in the saloon. Bartender baudib seemed at a loss for words, and listening to BankItDrew tell his story about how he came to Gold Rush, how he was looking for a nice plot of land to settle down on, and how the cloud formations were hinting at rain was lulling the typically affable baudib to sleep.

Even the piano music had ceased, which was almost unheard-of as a stream of patrons entered the square-shaped hall that was home to Gold Rush's nighttime social scene.

bikes sat down on a stool in front of the bar and requested a double-shot of whiskey.

"Since when do you drink," questioned the Bartender.

"It's been a long day," responded bikes ruefully.

"I'll have one too," sighed GatorJH, as he strode in from the kitchen.

"My my... this is a first," said baudib in a surprised voice.

Cattle Rustler's GrayFoxxxx and Keybored pushed open the swinging doors and entered the saloon... sweat and grit caked on their worn outfits following a tiring day on horseback. They grabbed the nearest bottle and each poured a sizable drought of spirits into their Old Fashioned-style glasses.

It seemed the only person in the saloon who was not hell-bent on dulling his senses was OngBonga, who sparingly picked at a wooden bowl filled with pickled relish and soda crackers.

"I think you know what has to be done," Ong announced to baudib as he uncomfortably rubbed both sides of his receding hairline.

"I suppose I do," the Bartender replied wearily. "Show me the way"

-----

Arriving on the outskirts of town, the Cast walked up to the familiar oak tree. The sun was setting on Gold Rush, and another companion was about to be lynched.

"I want to do this myself," shouted wufwugy, who had pushed his way to the front of the crowd. "That way, everyone will see..."

wufwugy adjusted the noose around baudib's neck, tightened it and waited while other members of the Cast wrapped several lengths-worth around the sturdy branch.

Currently baudib was standing on a bucket which had previously contained a bushel of corn.

"Any last words," wufwugy smirked.

"If you'll just listen to me for a moment, you will all clearly see that..."

BBAAAAAGGH.

It was all over. baudib had deceased.

-----

The Cast rummaged for nearly ten minutes--looking for some sort of identifying sign.

"I know where to look," said wufwugy eagerly.

Prying the corpse's mouth, wufwugy reached in and removed a button.

"Daaaaaaaamn!", he exclaimed.

baudib was a Regular Villager

Day #2 has ended!

12 Players Remaining

a500lbgorilla
    BankItDrew
    baudib (Lynched --- Day #2)
    bigred (Lynched --- Day #1)
    bikes
    gabe
    GatorJH
    GrayFoxxxx
    Keith
    Keybored
    Luco (Devoured --- Night #1)
    OngBonga
    rong
    scourrge
    wufwugy

-----

6 Regular Villagers
    1 Every Night Angel
    1 Odd Night Seer
    1 Even Night Vigilante
    3 Wolves

Night #2 has begun!

Night #2 will last until Friday, 7:00pm Eastern Time (approximately 24 hours).

Angel: Please send me one target player to protect via PM if you wish to act.
    Vigilante: Please send me one target player to assassinate via PM if you wish to act.
    Wolves: Please inform me of one target player to devour via PM or Den post if you wish to act.

This thread is temporarily locked during the Night #2 Cycle.
    A full moon hovered amid the scattered clouds on a chilly, picturesque night in Gold Rush.

The Vigilante was out and about... desperately searching for the man whose demise he was sure would curtail the Wolves' recent efforts.

As the Vig walked along the outskirts of town, he heard the footsteps of his victim. Hiding behind a tree, the Vig cocked his loaded pistol and awaited as the unsuspecting Cast member approached.

BAM! A single gunshot entered OngBonga's skull, emptying it of its contents. Ong fell to the ground with a thud... never to order a double-shot of whiskey again.

The Vigilante quickly poured out the contents of Ong's flask, pulled out the identifying ring within, and placed it on his victim's chest.

-----

Full moons always invigorated the Wolves, and tonight was no different. Although it was nearing sunrise, the three still felt a peculiar surge of energy that could only be accompanied by a fully-lit moon in all its splendor.

As they approached the outskirts of town, they noticed OngBonga's body lying flat on its back. Apparently someone else had been busy murdering unsuspecting Villagers in Gold Rush.

"The body is already cold," pouted Wolf #1.

Wolf #2 ripped the victim's heart from its lifeless corpse and began to gnaw on the frigid mass.

"Bleeeaaaacgggghkk, it tastes horrible," he said, passing over the half-eaten heart to his other companion, who greedily devoured what was left.

"I think I'm going to be sick," said Wolf #3, who involuntarily relieved himself next to the corpse.

Wolf #1 motioned over to his companions, pointing out the identifying ring that had been hidden in OngBonga's flask.

At that moment, a rabbit approached and looked curiously at the fresh dung-pie that had only moments earlier ceased to grow.

Wolf #3, who spoke perfect Lapine, put on his best formal accent and addressed the nearly stiffened white rabbit...

"Pardon me, Mr. Rabbit," he began. "Do you have issues with shit sticking to your fur?"

"Why... no I don't," the small four-legged creature replied.

Wolf #3 hastily grabbed the animal and proceeded to wipe his ass with it. Satisfied, he flung the rabbit back into the woods from whence it came.

And with that, the three Wolves returned to their Den... hungry but not all that disappointed with the ramifications of Night #2's actions.

The teal-colored ring was left lying on Ong's stomach.

_____

OngBonga was the Seer.
    Last edited by dhubermex; 08-22-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    Day #3 has begun!

11 Players Remaining

a500lbgorilla
    BankItDrew
    baudib (Regular Villager --- Lynched --- Day #2)
    bigred (Regular Villager --- Lynched --- Day #1)
    bikes
    gabe
    GatorJH
    GrayFoxxxx
    Keith
    Keybored
    Luco (Regular Villager --- Eaten --- Night #1)
    OngBonga (Seer --- Assassinated, Eaten --- Night #2)
    rong
    scourrge
    wufwugy

6 Regular Villagers
    1 Every Night Angel
    1 Even Night Vigilante
    3 Wolves

This Day #3 Cycle will last approximately 72 hours and end on Monday, August 25th, at 7:00pm Eastern Time.

Majority Lynch = 6 Votes

All remaining players are now welcome to post in this thread.
    Great Game Baud...But too much of a good thing, and whatnot.
    Ong...I now think you're "totally awesomer".

Wolves correctly outed our Seer!! Damn, they be good.
    No noobs killed on day/night 2...woo-hoo!

Day 3 is gonna be fun y'all...
    a500lbgorilla - hasnt done anything to make himself seem villagery or wolfy. usually he is helping the village alot so hes more wolf than avg
    BankItDrew - idk
    bikes - should be on the radar given the wolves play
    GatorJH - small wolf evidence here.
    GrayFoxxxx - posting some, probably standard for brand new villager
    Keith - not as crazy as he usually is. could be he is a wolf or just no one has attacked him yet so hes chilling
    Keybored - kinda same read as grayfox, although his post just before mine saying (even jokingly) "[wolves], they be good" is not a natural villager thing to say. jokes happen in werewolf, but imo villagers are usually scared to make a joke like this, while wolves think its easy to pass off as a joke. so keybored is suspicious just because of that
    rong - also suspicious because of the excuse he posted without much cause
    scourrge - for a new player hes posting alot of smart stuff, seems really hard for him to be a wolf
    wufwugy - standard wuf play, also seems hard for him to be a wolf. hes more likely just accidently wrong
    Poor Ong. He's gotten seer twice and nommed both times. FWIW, I tend to be an easy to spot special too

So I'm reading A Clash of Kings last night, and in it Tyrion has an awesome line: "The suspicious looking ones are likely innocent. It's the innocent looking ones that I should beware". I've mulled this idea over a few times in the past. The idea that the people who display the most wolfy behavior are usually just villagers who aren't worried about getting caught as wolves since they know they're not. My standard line is to lynch the wolfiest regardless of any other factor. This obviously results in things like me getting on Baud and not getting off until he's dead. I think that's an okay strategy, but obviously, Baud was not a wolf. This isn't the first time a villager has looked wolfy and gotten lynched because of it. I'm not terribly results oriented, so made sure that my view of Baud was something that I would still believe even if he flipped villager, but it could be that my strategy of going after "the most obvious" wolf is wrong.

Baudib, in some ways, you play similar to myself. I remember in my first game, I thought it was easy to spot wolves and easy for villagers to see that I wasn't a wolf. But over time I realized that just isn't true. It is common for villagers to accuse other villagers for legitimate purposes. Finding wolves and convincing villagers that you're not a wolf is a tough gig

That said, I have two different opinions about the game thus far and the direction we should go.

(1) I like a BID lynch due to the sub reason. If I was modding, I would sub out the specials/wolves first.* It's lame, but it is what it is. On top of that, BID is playing well in the same fashion of his early play the last time he was a wolf. Keybored is also probably a good lynch, but I am feeling a different direction right now, which is....

(2) Every single game we play, we find out that the wolves were fucking hiding. So who's hiding? Rong, Keith, Bikes. Those are the lynches I want. Rong and Keith especially are regs who we usually don't lynch because they are strong players, but since they're doing fuckall this time, they're fantastic lynches. So I'll start

lynch rong

*Actually I would sub/kill them all at the same time in order to avoid this unintended consequence, but I'm not criticizing D-hoobs. He's doing a spectacular job modding, especially considering how little he has played
    with both ong and baud dead, i bet the dead thread gets more action than this one. lol
    i agree with all that except the substituion reasoning. i think people are a little more likely to play if they see they have a non village role. so you have to discount the inactives

and yea dhoobs doing great job modding. a+
    I agree with everything wuf said, except for the part about me playing better than usual because I'm probably a wolf. Fuck that. I said I was going to be better in the sign-up thread. At least I thought it was the sign-up thread...

Especially the part about wolves hanging in the shadows every fucking game. I like a rong lynch but I'm also sticking with my keyborred read.

I also don't like gator or bikes. No specific reason, just another hunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    i agree with all that except the substituion reasoning. i think people are a little more likely to play if they see they have a non village role. so you have to discount the inactives

All of this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Dan, 42 hours from this post takes us to Friday 11.30pm UK.

I think drew is a villager, I see nothing to be concerned about.

I still see no reason to think baudib is villager. I got a bit of a villager feel of bikes' post too.

rilla and gabe, there could be a wolf between these two. More likely gabe.
    This was ong's last post fwiw, keep in mind he was the seer.

And right now it's hard to see you as a wolf with gator, and you're way more likely to be one than him from where I'm sitting. So you have to go first. If you're village, well maybe I can look again at wuf and gator.
    This was his 2nd last post, responding to baudib.

I think we should focus attention on gator. From what I hear, he's a good player but hasn't done jack shit all game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keybored View Post

Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla

Originally Posted by BankItDrew
    My Day 2 soulread is that keybored is a wolf.

Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla
    Keybored's making no enemies. Going with the flow.

Originally Posted by GrayFoxxxx
    Rescind Wuf

Vote Baudib

Uhm...Isn't this #7?
    ^ ^ ^
    ...don't know why those first three quotes showed up above.
    first three showed up because you selected them with multiquote and haven't unselected them. This then leads to the question about why you are highlighting posts where people are talking about you. is it so that you are posting it in the wolf den in discussions about who their target could be , keep those that think you are a villager and those who put you in the wolfy camp are considered as their victim for last night.

look at ongs post

a500lbgorilla
    rilla is just doing his thing, not really getting in anyone's face, appearing to hunt wolves. rilla is an excellent wolf hunter and average wolf, so I'm in no hurry to lynch him while he's not acting in a particularly wolfy manner. I'm leaning villager right now.

BankItDrew --- (GrayFoxxxx #572) (baudib #579) wufwugy #603
    Subbed in, has not really stood out for me. I get a vague villager feel from him simply because he doesn't feel particularly awkward.

baudib --- (GrayFoxxxx #571) GatorJH #654
    Countless pov slips, very difficult to find the town motivation in his thought process, shady as hell. Wolf.

bikes
    I can't even remember what he's posted. Not all that involved, I'd probably lean villager for now but that's because baudib has been after him.

gabe --- GatorJH #652
    It doesn't surprise me that gabe is not very prolific at this stage. Dude has been early kill for the last few games he's played. But at the same time his under-the-radar style is perfect for a wolf. Hard to say where I'm at with gabe. Feels a bit wolfy but then again that's normal for gabe.

GatorJH
    I wasn't liking him yesterday but I'm not sure gator would agree to kill luco on n1 instead of special hunting. He could accept he's a high value kill, but there's no reason to think he is special because he didn't post and neither did whoever he replaced. Gatorwolf doesn't make bad kills. This was a bad kill. So night action has me thinking villager.

GrayFoxxxx --- wufwugy #605
    I've got a general villager feel off him, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

Keith
    Feels like normal keith here. But then wolf keith feels like normal keith.

Keybored
    I don't get a good feel off him at all. Far too eager to buddy up to dominant voices, feels particularly awkward, this could be a noob wolf for sure.

OngBonga --- baudib #641
    Confirmed awesome and brilliant.

rong
    I think he's a villager. So he's probably a wolf.

scourrge
    That response to wuf felt pretty good to me, I lean villager.

wufwugy --- baudib #620
    I'm heavily leaning villager while baudib looks so wolfy. I'll reassess wuf if baudib is somehow town.

Looks to me like baudib, keybored and one more.
    is Ong revealing his n1 lookup with the "could be a noob wolf for sure" . why put the "for sure" on the end of that sentence if not to emphasize if he dies before he could out as the seer that people would know what his lookup was. Also you were vote watching and jumped in to point out that the lynch number had been met which could have been a noob wolf mistake.

lynch keybored
    Totally not trying to deflect here but we gotta look at what happened last night!

The wolves are either: 1) so good that they popped our Seer second night, or 2) so fucking lucky (cuz they're noobish?).

I've gotten caught up in all the content in the first two days and fallen victim to vil-vil nonsense. I now believe the wolves are the chill ones (as discussed already). They're watching and waiting.

WE villagers need to analyze everything Ong said (Baud too!) and those who responded to Ong. We gotta figure out HOW those wolves made that incredible call.

Next, WTF is up with the Vig dusting our Seer? Come on man! Vigging a strong player like Ong n2? Now, I know I had him as a solid Wolf but when Baud came up HERO, I totally changed my feel about Ong--overnight. If not sure, the Vig needs to shoot conservative! Next time, take a noob or a lurker who's not contributing to the village.

Back to my defense...I've contributed very little to the overall picture cuz I'm trying to take this all in while also trying to formulate my own opinions/strategy. I don't wanna be that guy who just echoes what someone else said which seemed good at the moment. Fo sho, I thought Baud and Ong were wolves; but crap, now I'm back to square zero. And about that multi-quote format thing I jacked up, I was formulating a response to BIDs attack on me late in d2 but decided we'd had enough BS already and it wouldn't affect the voting anyway. I honestly didn't know those check marks would stay active after I canceled my reply. Alas, lesson learned (in public, no less). But I'm not whining or dodging. I accept my noobness as suspicious but I also realize that this means I'm not a particularly good villager to keep around deep into the game. I feel I'm doomed mid-ish game, no matter what.

That being said, my main point stands...we need to find out how the wolves nailed our Seer so easily. Cuz if they're that good, we can't sit back and let them keep getting stronger!!
    Lynch wuf
    Metal.....Gear!?
    lynch keyborred

SOULREAD FTW MATHAFACKAHHHHH
    should be between keith rong bikes keybored gator

it would be hard for anyone except wuf to get brought up as a candidate but i think wuf should stay alive. if anything he certainly brings info out of people
    It's kinda sick how for two days it was a wuf vs baudib bout and when baudib flips villager, everyone is like ehhhhhh wuf isn't on my list.
    Well that went well. Ong really didn't look like himself all game though.

I'm still about 200 posts behind, the lynch was done by the time I was able to look at the thread in any detail and then I got drunk instead of catching up. I'll be back in the game within the next 12 hours and have no more major commitments that will keep me away.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    a500lbgorilla - hasnt done anything to make himself seem villagery or wolfy. usually he is helping the village alot so hes more wolf than avg
    BankItDrew - idk
    bikes - should be on the radar given the wolves play
    GatorJH - small wolf evidence here.
    GrayFoxxxx - posting some, probably standard for brand new villager
    Keith - not as crazy as he usually is. could be he is a wolf or just no one has attacked him yet so hes chilling
    Keybored - kinda same read as grayfox, although his post just before mine saying (even jokingly) "[wolves], they be good" is not a natural villager thing to say. jokes happen in werewolf, but imo villagers are usually scared to make a joke like this, while wolves think its easy to pass off as a joke. so keybored is suspicious just because of that
    rong - also suspicious because of the excuse he posted without much cause
    scourrge - for a new player hes posting alot of smart stuff, seems really hard for him to be a wolf
    wufwugy - standard wuf play, also seems hard for him to be a wolf. hes more likely just accidently wrong
    You can't help a village that won't help itself.

So, you disagree with both his points.
    All of this too.
    What the fuck...
    Totally not trying to deflect here but we gotta look at what happened last night!

The wolves are either: 1) so good that they popped our Seer second night, or 2) so fucking lucky (cuz they're noobish?).

I've gotten caught up in all the content in the first two days and fallen victim to vil-vil nonsense. I now believe the wolves are the chill ones (as discussed already). They're watching and waiting.

WE villagers need to analyze everything Ong said (Baud too!) and those who responded to Ong. We gotta figure out HOW those wolves made that incredible call.

Next, WTF is up with the Vig dusting our Seer? Come on man! Vigging a strong player like Ong n2? Now, I know I had him as a solid Wolf but when Baud came up HERO, I totally changed my feel about Ong--overnight. If not sure, the Vig needs to shoot conservative! Next time, take a noob or a lurker who's not contributing to the village.

Back to my defense...I've contributed very little to the overall picture cuz I'm trying to take this all in while also trying to formulate my own opinions/strategy. I don't wanna be that guy who just echoes what someone else said which seemed good at the moment. Fo sho, I thought Baud and Ong were wolves; but crap, now I'm back to square zero. And about that multi-quote format thing I jacked up, I was formulating a response to BIDs attack on me late in d2 but decided we'd had enough BS already and it wouldn't affect the voting anyway. I honestly didn't know those check marks would stay active after I canceled my reply. Alas, lesson learned (in public, no less). But I'm not whining or dodging. I accept my noobness as suspicious but I also realize that this means I'm not a particularly good villager to keep around deep into the game. I feel I'm doomed mid-ish game, no matter what.

That being said, my main point stands...we need to find out how the wolves nailed our Seer so easily. Cuz if they're that good, we can't sit back and let them keep getting stronger!!
    Keybored's a villager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    first three showed up because you selected them with multiquote and haven't unselected them. This then leads to the question about why you are highlighting posts where people are talking about you. is it so that you are posting it in the wolf den in discussions about who their target could be , keep those that think you are a villager and those who put you in the wolfy camp are considered as their victim for last night.

look at ongs post

is Ong revealing his n1 lookup with the "could be a noob wolf for sure" . why put the "for sure" on the end of that sentence if not to emphasize if he dies before he could out as the seer that people would know what his lookup was. Also you were vote watching and jumped in to point out that the lynch number had been met which could have been a noob wolf mistake.

lynch keybored
    Or maybe...

a500lbgorilla
    rilla is just doing his thing, not really getting in anyone's face, appearing to hunt wolves. rilla is an excellent wolf hunter and average wolf, so I'm in no hurry to lynch him while he's not acting in a particularly wolfy manner. I'm leaning villager right now.

Subbed in, has not really stood out for me. I get a vague villager feel from him simply because he doesn't feel particularly awkward.

Countless pov slips, very difficult to find the town motivation in his thought process, shady as hell. Wolf.

bikes
    I can't even remember what he's posted. Not all that involved, I'd probably lean villager for now but that's because baudib has been after him.

gabe --- GatorJH #652
    It doesn't surprise me that gabe is not very prolific at this stage. Dude has been early kill for the last few games he's played. But at the same time his under-the-radar style is perfect for a wolf. Hard to say where I'm at with gabe. Feels a bit wolfy but then again that's normal for gabe.

GatorJH
    I wasn't liking him yesterday but I'm not sure gator would agree to kill luco on n1 instead of special hunting. He could accept he's a high value kill, but there's no reason to think he is special because he didn't post and neither did whoever he replaced. Gatorwolf doesn't make bad kills. This was a bad kill. So night action has me thinking villager.

Keith

Keybored
    I don't get a good feel off him at all. Far too eager to buddy up to dominant voices, feels particularly awkward, this could be a noob wolf for sure.

OngBonga --- baudib #641

rong

scourrge

wufwugy --- baudib #620
    I'm heavily leaning villager while baudib looks so wolfy. I'll reassess wuf if baudib is somehow town.

Uhm...Isn't this #7?
    Why did you queue up these quotes? You had to click through the mutliquote tool to have this error appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ...I have two different opinions about the game thus far and the direction we should go.

(1) I like a BID lynch due to the sub reason. If I was modding, I would sub out the specials/wolves first.* It's lame, but it is what it is. On top of that, BID is playing well in the same fashion of his early play the last time he was a wolf. Keybored is also probably a good lynch, but I am feeling a different direction right now, which is....

(2) Every single game we play, we find out that the wolves were fucking hiding. So who's hiding? Rong, Keith, Bikes. Those are the lynches I want. Rong and Keith especially are regs who we usually don't lynch because they are strong players, but since they're doing fuckall this time, they're fantastic lynches.
    I like a Wuf love fest right now and the village needs the leadership of someone strong. I'd like to see Rilla and Keith jump on board as well. So far the vill has lynched a non-player and an oober-player (total swing about). And the Vig shot us in the leg. Aka, we're all shooting in the dark. I don't like the mod-sub theory above cuz Luco was a swap/villager and I have more trust in Doobs' integrity than that. I totally agree that point (2) above is the key here. And since Rong has been suspiciously too busy or drunk to even read all the posts, he's being a weak villager and fitting the hiding wolf theory; either way, he's a good lynch right now and maybe (at least) we can get him to show up.

LYNCH RONG
    Why did you queue up these quotes? You had to click through the mutliquote tool to have this error appear.
    Yah, yah, yah...I'm trying to figure out this crazy quote shit. Addressed this in my post #774. I'm not a blogger or for that matter an internet wizard, so this is a new world to me. I was playing poker on FTR a couple weeks ago and saw some chat about WW, checked out the forum and decided it looked like something cool to try. Being retired, I've grown weary of golf courses and crossword puzzles. I know, rough life, right?
    And while you were trying it, you saw these posts and started to do something with them. What was the something?
    im fine with lolzz, bid or baudib. its day 1 so might be nice to clean up lolzz or BID risk. baudib has posted a ton so we have lots of information if he dies. and its just day 1....
    On second thought bigred is a +ev lynch. Baudib has posted so much I guess he earned a day 2. I don't think baudib is someone we need to worry about since he does so much volume

rescind and lynch bigred

Day 1 is a crapshoot anyway and we have plenty of stuff to build on for day 2
    that read on bigred alone isn't strong enough not to kill him. He could easily be a wolf
    i know you said "on day 1" but that logic is the opposite of this..

dissonance is a wolfy trait. combine this with you being a little more than likely to nom luco and thats enough for me
    lynch gator
    i kinda like an ong lynch better than wuf/baudib....
    should be between keith rong bikes keybored gator

it would be hard for anyone except wuf to get brought up as a candidate but i think wuf should stay alive. if anything he certainly brings info out of people
    There is a hallmark of a good wolf-hunter. They apply pressure. When gabe applies pressure, he'll put out hard to decipher reads coupled with the confidence that he's reading the man behind the posts. In this game, gabe has been offering up very palatable wagons and options for everyone to settle on. He's not interested in discovering roles, he's interested in forming wagons.

lynch gabe
    And while you were trying it, you saw these posts and started to do something with them. What was the something?
    BID was bustin my ballz and I was about to put together a defense but decided it wasn't worth the effort late in the day; plus, I couldn't figure out how this formatting stuff works. So I gave it up. We were all noobs at everything at some point in life...
    lynch keyborred

SOULREAD FTW MATHAFACKAHHHHH
    Bad read, kid...We've lost enough villagers due to false mystic reads. Use this time to wolf hunt and find soul mates instead.
    Rilla...Your Gabe read is convincing and I'm interested in how he reacts. But if there's doubt and Rong doesn't come around before the majority vote nears a victim, then lets trim fat before throwing more darts wildly...just sayin'
    Fine. rescind
    a500lbgorilla

bikes

gabe --- GatorJH #652

GatorJH

Keith

Keybored

OngBonga --- baudib #641

rong

scourrge

wufwugy --- baudib #620

rilla, ong said "think" about gator just as he did with rong . he can't have looked them both up and he used the definite "for sure" about keybored and had keybored in his final wolf list at the bottom of the list.Gators commentary was all about the wolf night action and his opinion tyhat it was a bad wolf kill and that gator doesn't make bad wolf kills. It feels more like ong applying a read and an opinion on gators role than giving a definite . At the start of day 2 ong said this
    No wuf, I just naively thought that you'd realise those extra few hours might have been golden for the village, and when you throw in the fact you're one of the leading wagons, I figured your hand was forced too. Silly me.

luco kill is either gator, or designed to look like gator. Who would know that gator considers luco a threat? Someone who reads old wolf den threads maybe?

luco kill is baudib trying to frame gator. There's a fucking soulread. wuf you got nothing on me.
    why give the option that gator could have been been behind the kill if he knew that gator is a villager from looking him up

some action from day 1
    Why?
    He fits the profile.
    I agree here. But keybored, his one post I can remember was awkward as hell and I certainly didn't get town vibes off it.
    there's certainly reason for ong to look up keybored as a result of that post
    I am going over every single one of Ong's Day 2 posts. He should have given us his lookup in there. Maybe he didn't, but I think it's a huge mistake to not and I assume he agrees. I don't think he looked up a wolf, and I think he looked up either me or BID. I think if he looked up a wolf he would have been much more obvious about it instead of agreeing with me and calling for Baud's head. I am the only player he made a complete about-face on and didn't think was wolfy at all on Day 2, and BID was the only one where he definitively said he thinks is a villager
    495. I said Bigred looks like a villager because he wasn't active. Gabe responded

that read on bigred alone isn't strong enough not to kill him. He could easily be a wolf

Contradiction much? Funny how your case against Gator is this precise kind of contradiction, yet you do it

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say both Gabe and Gator are wolves. If so, I think the third is one of Rong, Keith, BID, Keybored, but don't know who. I completely agree with Rilla's assessment of Gabe's play.

rescind rong lynch gabe
    Add Bikes to that ^^^ I keep forgetting he's even playing
    There are approximately 48 hours remaining in the Day #3 Cycle.

So far, here are the running totals:

DAY #3 LYNCH NOMINATIONS

gabe - 2
    Keybored - 1
    rong - 1
    wufwugy - 1
    _____

a500lbgorilla --- gabe #789
    BankItDrew --- (Keybored #776)
    bikes
    gabe
    GatorJH
    GrayFoxxxx --- wufwugy #775
    Keith --- Keybored #773
    Keybored --- rong #786
    rong
    scourrge
    wufwugy --- (rong #767) gabe #796
    I am going over every single one of Ong's Day 2 posts. He should have given us his lookup in there. Maybe he didn't, but I think it's a huge mistake to not and I assume he agrees. I don't think he looked up a wolf, and I think he looked up either me or BID. I think if he looked up a wolf he would have been much more obvious about it instead of agreeing with me and calling for Baud's head. I am the only player he made a complete about-face on and didn't think was wolfy at all on Day 2, and BID was the only one where he definitively said he thinks is a villager
    Quote Originally Posted by ong
    wufwugy --- baudib #620

that doesn't say what you are claiming ong's position about you was . if he looked you up , why would he need to reassess you based on the outcome of baudib dying? If you're a wolf and knew that baudib was going to come back as a villager it gives you an incentive to take out Ong last night

that doesn't say what you are claiming ong's position about you was . if he looked you up , why would he need to reassess you based on the outcome of baudib dying? If you're a wolf and knew that baudib was going to come back as a villager it gives you an incentive to take out Ong last night

You may be right. He wasn't definitive. But I do think the two main things that stand out are that he declared he thinks BID is a villager and he was no longer interested in lynching me. I think every other option is too cryptic to give much merit
    I am getting a wolfy vibe from BID, going back to look at his posts now.
    Metal.....Gear!?
    rilla, youre kinda right about my approach but you pulled some day 1 posts. u expect me to have a soulread already? for me personally its better to let the standard ppl apply the pressure so i can hope to live for a few days. this might be the longest ive lasted in a game all year (ask the werewolf historians)

wuf, i specifically said i disagreed with your reasoning on substitution and how it affects roles. i didnt switch sides on bigred, i was fine lynching him. we shouldnt vote on wolfiness % alone... if several people are very close then lynching someone who provides 0 help to the village is a good idea. that idea might apply to bigred, but we didnt have to explore it

also rilla, your argument could be applied to your position. this is like level 1 subconcious projection...the faults you think you are finding in me are really your own personal troubles with being a werewolf. that post combined with your general lack of help to village makes your future not so bright
    How common is it for the vig and the wolves to intersect in their choices this early in the game? Strikes me as pretty shocking. I think it also implies that the wolves and vig are on completely different pages. Possibly vig = experienced and got unlucky with read and the wolves = inexperienced and got lucky. Or more likely imo, at least 1 experienced wolf with a good read, and an inexperienced vig.

Now with respect to this:

Bad read, kid...We've lost enough villagers due to false mystic reads. Use this time to wolf hunt and find soul mates instead.
    Fine. rescind
    Really don't like the vibe I'm getting here. BID has done some of this semi-random stuff I guess, but I really don't like him voting and then backing off when keybored basically just asks nicely. Is it possible BID and keybored are both wolves?? If so it's a pretty weak attempt at dissociation but I could be off base here.

But add that to keybored's weird posting error and I'm on high alert, leaning toward keybored = wolf at minimum (if not keybored and BID).

In terms of other potential villager/wolf reads, going back to wuf, I still think he's a villager. wuf went pretty gung-ho on baud, but I tend to trust his statement about just following the one he finds the wolfiest and not backing down until they're lynched. still stand by my earlier reads as well - just doesn't strike me as a wolf.

Keith's post pointing out the "for sure" from ong strikes me as very compelling as well given we know know that ong was seer.

I'm struggling a bit now to stay on all the levels needed to analyze specials' interactions with villagers but I know that keybored has me the most worried by far right now. Annoying because it doesn't yet line up with the idea that the wolves are primarily experienced, but keybored could be one noob wolf in a den with 2 more experienced wolves. And it's the best read I've got right now with the evidence so far.

lynch keybored
    So, we haven't heard anything significant from Scrounge in, IDK, 4ever and suddenly he's got a read? And where the hell is Rong? Why aren't we all asking him where he's at? Take the blinders off vill ppl and look at who's not helping our cause b4 you jump on someone else's bus. Rong hasn't done shit for US and he's not defending. But a couple others are jumping to his defense with no feedback. BTW, who knows/knew Ong the best? Ong was done in ONLY by someone who knee his game!
    Oh BTW, Scrounge thinks the Vig is experienced but got "unlucky" AND the wolves are inexperienced but got "lucky." What kinda BS is that? Our Seer, Ong, got schwacked by insightful wolves and our Vig is clearly a jackass noob. Scrounge ain't thinking or talking like a villager.
    Fuck it.

lynch keyborred

I too, feel he's the one noob wolf, along with a couple of more experienced wolves. I going to take a line out of wuf's playbook and stick with a read and go with it.

It also kinda tilts the shit out of me when players talk like: "We gotta do what's best for the VILLAGE. The wolves have been kicking OUR ass and we gotta do what's best for US!"
    Also, keyborred voted for rong for pretty much no great reason. It was just because he's been inactive. I'm no WW vet by any means but I don't think day 3 is a great time to start killing off players that are afk. From what I recall, he had a legit excuse for being away this weekend too.

I'm not defending rong because I think he's a villager, I'm defending him because there's no evidence to support him being anything. And that's precisely the point. You should be going after players on Day 3, when nearly a quarter of the players are dead, who you feel have said things that are not helping the village.

I've never met bikes nor rilla, but imo their online personality leans towards someone who might be more engaged in this game if they were wolves.

Also, if I had to pick two orher wolves (without justification at this time without being prompted for it but based solely on gut), I'd go with keith and gabe.

Finally, I'm changing my early game stance on wuf. My suspicions of him every game are probably because of his avatar and nothing else. I'm confident he's a villager.
    Part of my read is that I'm hanging off of ong's last post. There's no reason not to imo.
    a500lbgorilla - seems quiet early but i dont remember much about rilla's play style.

BankItDrew - bin seems random but bin is always random.

bikes - hi!

gabe - i honestly never know what level gabe is on and when i guess i get roflpwned every time.
    GatorJH - iirc doesn't gator do the same thing as me? farm farm farm until mid game and show everyone what a true carry or dangerwolf looks like? idk what to make of this cause he does it everytime iirc. for

GrayFoxxxx - TIL it is possible to post less than me, and even of less substance than me. this probably has to be attended to sooner rather than later but probably not during this day cycle. this seems like noob town and that's probably k.

Keith

Keybored - ong says "could be sleeper wolf for sure" who uses phrases like this? good enough for me given seer.

rong - is afk but iirc he said earlier a day or two ago he would be afk.

scourrge

wufwugy
    std wufwugy playing it seems, mine for gold with atomic bombs, eventually find a spec of gold. claim victory.

oh yeah tentative lynch on keyboard. i'll bold this in next post if it's not the deciding vote gotta go count.

?wut
    yeah not close lynch keyboard

?wut
    Cliff notes on bikes reads:

1) greyfox - seems like noob town
    2) keyborred - i think the seer hinted wolf
    3) everyone else - I don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    yeah not close lynch keyboard
    This makes me laugh after reading the cliff notes.
    There are approximately 38 hours remaining in Day #3 Cycle.

DAY #3 LYNCH NOMINATIONS

gabe - 2
    Keybored - 4
    rong - 1
    wufwugy - 1

_____

a500lbgorilla --- gabe #789
    BankItDrew --- (Keybored #776) Keybored #806
    bikes --- Keybored #810
    gabe
    GatorJH
    GrayFoxxxx --- wufwugy #775
    Keith --- Keybored #773
    Keybored --- rong #786
    rong
    scourrge --- Keybored (#803)
    wufwugy --- (rong #767) gabe #796
    Ong was done in ONLY by someone who knew his game!
    Are you just trying to squeeze out a post with substance? Cuz this is obviously not true.. 2 wolves and 1 vig had to all agree
    Jesus fucking Christ. You can't be a villager. You simply can't. You ALREADY have a list of me gray and bikes of virtually confirmed wolves

If both you and BID are villagers, I swear to god he is kicking your ass on the logic this game
    Haha lololol
    I'm caught up to post 640. Will read the rest of the game today.

Thoughts so far, not much but I want to post something because I've been away for so long:

I like Scourgge, seems to have an interesting way of thinking about the game that really reminds me of Aubrey. Seems villagery to me. Posts in a clear and concise way which makes reading and digesting easy.

Day 1 read for greyfox is villager. Nothing changed so far re him.

Possible BID & Wif link. Mentioned by Scourrge in post 588, where BID threatens to lynch wuf, who has a lot of votes, but never follows through with it. So if Wuf flipped wolf BID may have the bare bones of some separation there. Might be stretching there.

Wuf's whole lynch one see one thing, not sure what I make of that. Assuming Baudib gets lynched, is wolf wuf assuming that he doesn't have that much influence over the seer so it's irrelevant or that he is such a high seer target anyway that again it's irrelevant. Or is villager wolf being genuine, but therefore also believing that the seer with so few shots is worth wasting a peek at him rather than potentially finding a wolf. He has the WW ego for that I guess. Not sure on that one.
    Oneo ther thing

Going to bed soon. I'm assuming Day will be over soon

I would prefer to be lynched because if Baudib shows up as villager, I'll take it personally and get too engrossed in the game. I'm an alcoholic of werewolf

The case for Baud being a wolf is stellar. His process is not village. He's not making a case for anything. I don't feel a need to go further into detail. You're gonna have to lynch him after I die

BID is the next best lynch. The case I made about probability of his role being non-vanilla is strong. Also the case I made in just a couple posts above this one is great. Unless he's not truthful about those 200 posts, either it's all just a coincidence or the wolfies told him he's getting heat over the sub

My two least likely wolves are Gray and Rong. Gray because he's doing all sorts of nub-vil reads. Like he thinks he has something with his read on me. He's trying to explain why it's good, but we all know that after a few games under his belt, he'll see why it isn't. Rong for a read I would prefer to not say

Also Bigred. I do think my logic is sound with how he's just a level 1 player who sees what role he gets then has enthusiasm degree based on it

Beware of Ong. If he's a villager, this is a better village game than normal, but if he's a wolf it's also a better wolf game. He said this

Which suggests he doesn't care who between me and Baud die. I'm not going to extend the deadline, and if he was villaging he would care more about getting his vote on the right player than relying on something like me opting to get it extended

Anyways, good hunting. It has been a productive day. I accept the lynch. I was a baddy in the previous game and this one has too many players who don't have a feel for how I play for me to survive. Kill Baud and BID
    Is the bold happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Oneo ther thing

Is the bold happening?
    Nope.
    rilla, ong said "think" about gator just as he did with rong . he can't have looked them both up and he used the definite "for sure" about keybored and had keybored in his final wolf list at the bottom of the list.Gators commentary was all about the wolf night action and his opinion tyhat it was a bad wolf kill and that gator doesn't make bad wolf kills. It feels more like ong applying a read and an opinion on gators role than giving a definite . At the start of day 2 ong said this

why give the option that gator could have been been behind the kill if he knew that gator is a villager from looking him up

some action from day 1

there's certainly reason for ong to look up keybored as a result of that post
    You're forcing it. He literally says his read of Gator is based on night action.
    rilla, youre kinda right about my approach but you pulled some day 1 posts. u expect me to have a soulread already? for me personally its better to let the standard ppl apply the pressure so i can hope to live for a few days. this might be the longest ive lasted in a game all year (ask the werewolf historians)

wuf, i specifically said i disagreed with your reasoning on substitution and how it affects roles. i didnt switch sides on bigred, i was fine lynching him. we shouldnt vote on wolfiness % alone... if several people are very close then lynching someone who provides 0 help to the village is a good idea. that idea might apply to bigred, but we didnt have to explore it

also rilla, your argument could be applied to your position. this is like level 1 subconcious projection...the faults you think you are finding in me are really your own personal troubles with being a werewolf. that post combined with your general lack of help to village makes your future not so bright
    LOL

I am not playing up to my villager brand and you're still not using that to put pressure on me. "Boy oh boy, this doesn't look good for you, chum."

And while I may not be playing to my usual standard, the one thing I haven't done is herd villagers.
    Quote Originally Posted by scourrge View Post
    How common is it for the vig and the wolves to intersect in their choices this early in the game? Strikes me as pretty shocking. I think it also implies that the wolves and vig are on completely different pages. Possibly vig = experienced and got unlucky with read and the wolves = inexperienced and got lucky. Or more likely imo, at least 1 experienced wolf with a good read, and an inexperienced vig.

Now with respect to this:

Really don't like the vibe I'm getting here. BID has done some of this semi-random stuff I guess, but I really don't like him voting and then backing off when keybored basically just asks nicely. Is it possible BID and keybored are both wolves?? If so it's a pretty weak attempt at dissociation but I could be off base here.

But add that to keybored's weird posting error and I'm on high alert, leaning toward keybored = wolf at minimum (if not keybored and BID).

In terms of other potential villager/wolf reads, going back to wuf, I still think he's a villager. wuf went pretty gung-ho on baud, but I tend to trust his statement about just following the one he finds the wolfiest and not backing down until they're lynched. still stand by my earlier reads as well - just doesn't strike me as a wolf.

Keith's post pointing out the "for sure" from ong strikes me as very compelling as well given we know know that ong was seer.

I'm struggling a bit now to stay on all the levels needed to analyze specials' interactions with villagers but I know that keybored has me the most worried by far right now. Annoying because it doesn't yet line up with the idea that the wolves are primarily experienced, but keybored could be one noob wolf in a den with 2 more experienced wolves. And it's the best read I've got right now with the evidence so far.

lynch keybored
    God dammit, you people
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    a500lbgorilla - seems quiet early but i dont remember much about rilla's play style.

BankItDrew - bin seems random but bin is always random.

bikes - hi!

gabe - i honestly never know what level gabe is on and when i guess i get roflpwned every time.
    GatorJH - iirc doesn't gator do the same thing as me? farm farm farm until mid game and show everyone what a true carry or dangerwolf looks like? idk what to make of this cause he does it everytime iirc. for

GrayFoxxxx - TIL it is possible to post less than me, and even of less substance than me. this probably has to be attended to sooner rather than later but probably not during this day cycle. this seems like noob town and that's probably k.

Keith

Keybored - ong says "could be sleeper wolf for sure" who uses phrases like this? good enough for me given seer.

rong - is afk but iirc he said earlier a day or two ago he would be afk.

scourrge

wufwugy
    std wufwugy playing it seems, mine for gold with atomic bombs, eventually find a spec of gold. claim victory.

oh yeah tentative lynch on keyboard. i'll bold this in next post if it's not the deciding vote gotta go count.
    I quit.
    LOL

I am not playing up to my villager brand and you're still not using that to put pressure on me. "Boy oh boy, this doesn't look good for you, chum."

And while I may not be playing to my usual standard, the one thing I haven't done is herd villagers.
    i.e., while I'm off to you, it's not suspicious or interesting enough to warrant investigation. Because you're not curious about roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I'm caught up to post 640. Will read the rest of the game today.

Thoughts so far, not much but I want to post something because I've been away for so long:

I like Scourgge, seems to have an interesting way of thinking about the game that really reminds me of Aubrey. Seems villagery to me. Posts in a clear and concise way which makes reading and digesting easy.

Day 1 read for greyfox is villager. Nothing changed so far re him.

Possible BID & Wif link. Mentioned by Scourrge in post 588, where BID threatens to lynch wuf, who has a lot of votes, but never follows through with it. So if Wuf flipped wolf BID may have the bare bones of some separation there. Might be stretching there.

Wuf's whole lynch one see one thing, not sure what I make of that. Assuming Baudib gets lynched, is wolf wuf assuming that he doesn't have that much influence over the seer so it's irrelevant or that he is such a high seer target anyway that again it's irrelevant. Or is villager wolf being genuine, but therefore also believing that the seer with so few shots is worth wasting a peek at him rather than potentially finding a wolf. He has the WW ego for that I guess. Not sure on that one.
    This is bullshit, too. Spend 20 more minutes to get to the end of the thread. Why do you want to spend another day not quite ready to be in the thick of things?
    Hey keybored, post a list of reads.