Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

More bragging... deal with it... couple topics I'd like to discuss too

Exclamation More bragging... deal with it... couple topics I'd like to discuss too

Another couple scores. Both in Absolute Poker freerolls sponsored by the No Deposit Bonus League. In the first one, got totally owned heads up... had a 50k to 13k lead. Villain had KK twice to my top pair and then suited ace... nothing left to do but cry after that.

Next up, got it in QQ vs 1010 and a 10 came on the flop, took me out on a "bubble" where I would have moved up at least another $1. I set myself up to win a lot more than that, either way.

Took a huge lead 4-handed in another tournament on Cake where 3 paid... and everybody started moving in on me and doubling through me when I had them. 77 vs AJs with the 7s on the flop and he turns the nut flush, and I didn't improve. AQ vs KQ, hits full house on river after we both hit trips on flop. A10 vs KQ and catches a K on the flop. I might post my bust hand on here and see if anybody thinks I should have done something different on the off case somebody would bust... 3rd place was a pretty monster payday with all the money added in the tournament.

Still, this was a very profitable day. I even made a pretty big score in Rush Poker on Full Tilt. Played .02/.05 for about 20 mins... turned about $6 with reloads into just over $20. I think it almost erased my losses from the other day, when i severely went on tilt after/during going 0-5 with and against KK. Boy did I run good though, cracking AA twice and chopping a couple pots I shouldn't have.

I know I sound like a noobfish who never makes money in a cash game (oh wait... that's exactly what I am), but I should have taken a screen cap of the dollar amount I had at that table. That made me really excited, and the $25 bonus I'll get from FullTilt's Take 2 promo AND the FTP Academy credits are cherries, man... cherries.

Here's a trick I picked up today... until I get my stack over the max buy-in, I make sure to click "sit out next hand"... that way I can reload. Even if it's a few cents, that's a few cents I'm not afraid of losing, but why not get the most possible if you double through someone?

I'd also like comments from anyone with experience playing Rush Poker... should have kept going when I was up? Should I have just rebooted my table and re-bought in with the max buy-in? Where should we place the threshold to re-buy? When our stack is doubled? tripled? What other factors should we consider when deciding whether to press on with our stack in Rush Poker? Should the average stack of the other "rushers" be a consideration?

Shouldn't this type of thing go in here? Poker Blogs - Poker Forums
    i don't know... should it? I'm trying to use my narrative to discuss mtt strategy. Have anything to add or is that all?
    Your narrative would be great for a blog, maybe you can just list off all your brags every time you cash in a freeroll If you want help analyzing your play, post actual hand histories and you will get plenty of it, I assure you. (check out some of the other posts in this forum)

Rush poker questions are best left for the Beginner's Circle, where we have all discussion on cash-game poker under $25NL.

By the way - when I hear "brag", I think much more along the lines of the following:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ne-168361.html (link)

Sure it may not be impressive, just some dude who plays higher stakes than you... But consider this - same guy, 5 years ago:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ers-91953.html (link)

Puts things in perspective a little, no?

and yeah, I wasn't kidding, please do start up a blog or operation in our ops forum... We could definitely use a few more that aren't about grinding up 0.01/0.02 cash NLHE
    Last edited by Penneywize; 04-12-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    Are you seriously saying you sit out a hand to reload to your max buy-in?
    Discover auto top up - Options>Set Buy In Preferences
    Donk Skills:
    #1 The bluff call
    #2 The Drawing-Dead Value Bet
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity."
    Maximus Decimus Meridius - Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesDaBear View Post
    i don't know... should it? I'm trying to use my narrative to discuss mtt strategy. Have anything to add or is that all?
    What's there to add??....>> "Dear Diary"
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Orifice View Post
    What's there to add??....>> "Dear Diary"
    Well based on his tournament rundowns, maybe he's looking for kudos for gettin dealt QQ when his villain gets dealt TT, or cracking aces several times with inferior hands... Or maybe he wants us to comiserate with him on his beats that aren't really beats, 77 < AJ, aw

I dunno, but I just get the impression that this guy doesn't want to learn or do anything productive around here, post a hand already or gtfo imo. We've all narrowly missed final tables. We've all gotten sucked out on, and we've all had nice rushes of cards. The difference between us and him is that A: we play for more money and B: we don't feel the need to write a novel about what hands held up and which ones didn't after every tournament - as if that matters anyway.

Dude - go over your hand histories and find something you want to discuss. Unless you play perfectly, you should be running into plenty of tough spots.
    {moved from Multi-Table Tourney Tactics}
    thanks trip, you're so awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!