Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Oh noes, theres enough recovery going on!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    While watching bfp vids last night I realized something. Then I went to HM and looked thru my DB. Since moving to FT I have a 40k sample at 0.5/1 @ 2.8BB/100, roughly 20k at .25/.5 @ 2.2BB/100 and a nasty small sample at 1/2. My hourly at FT over 160hrs or so without RB is $14.83, which is about what I could make in part time jobs as student. My old PT2 db is gone, but theres a 200k+ sample at .5/1 FR @ 1.9BB/100 and 100k+ at 1/2 FR @ .7BB/100. So I can consider myself a not-losing player. Yet, I´m stuck at the border to 1/2 for almost two years now and many people at my stakes beat my winrate and hourly.

I´ve seriously tried to improve. Subscriptions at all major training sites, FTR, books, self studies, 1-on-1 coaching as well as a group coaching experiment back at leggo. I feel like my problem is not asking the right questions. I´ve had great coaches, but didn´t gain a lot from the lessons, simply because I didn´t know what to ask the guys. After a session I go over my hands and am like "yea, whats the point?" and then quickly proceed to pron. I see Robb and Ben doing deep shit analyzing, doing the math over and over again, Ben being a master of HM filtering all while I´m sitting here and typing dumb stuff all the time, posting the same type of postflop spots again and again. Meanwhile, Robb and Ben have both overtaken me. I´m glad to see those guys having success and I wonder why I suck so hard at actually learning and studying.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    xtr stand for exotic tranny retards
    yo
    how many tables do you play? I limit mine to 4 tables, I beleive playing more will always stunt your growth.
    Jman: every time the action is to you, it's an opportunity for you to make the perfect play.
    I'll just give the same advice I give everyone: try 1 tabling HU for a while and see if you learn stuff
    I appreciate your input.

Fwiw, I´ve logged like 25k 2 tabling 50nl and 100nl hu the last year. Currently Im 6-8tabling, Im gonna stick with 4-6 for a while and see how it goes.
    yo
    Its ridiculous how long it takes me to fully realize and internalize the most basic concepts. I switched to four tabling and paid attention to the tables. I took notes and watched for obviously unbalanced lines. Im still breaking even, due to not making quiet obvious laydowns. I picked the right tables to monkey 36/30ish, otherwise I´d get bored with four tables, but more important with few tables and the right table selection I can actually play this style.

Todays self embarrassement: Don´t mess with strong ranges. Took me a while lol
    yo
    Wow, I thought you were a decent player, lol.
    A foolish man learns nothing from his mistakes.
    A smart man learns only from his own mistakes.
    A wise man learns from his own mistakes, and those of the smart man and the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pawnalot
    Wow, I thought you were a decent player, lol.
    Ya, sorry. This is the lo IQ lounge.
    yo
    Well, that is how most people have been treating me here. I figured it was time to drop down to your level. It seems being crude is the norm here, and I am trying to blend in.

TY for learning me social skills, but I am a bit confused. Others told me it was ok to be friendly.
    A wise man learns from his own mistakes, and those of the smart man and the fool.
    just be who you are sir p, don't try to fit in
    Well, I didnt intend to teach you anything at all and neither can I see how I have particularly been rude towards your person. If I came across unfriendly by any means please accept my apologies. Otoh your comment about people disagreeing with you being part of a less intelligent type of people than you are, not able to comprehend the stuff you are talking about was quiet douchy., especially when the discussion was revolving around practical applications of string theory to online gambling.
    yo
    Apologies accepted.

1. I do not think string theory can be applied to poker. My point was rather that we do not know.

2. I love when people disagree with me, because then I can possibly debunk any faulty thoughts I may have. I must contend them though, just as I contend all my own thoughts.

3. I absolutely hate it when people post "fail pictures" or "lol" when quoting my posts.

Very nice thread btw. Hopefully cutting back on tables will help you improve your focus and picking up more patterns.
    Thanks for the new sig... how the hell did I miss that discussion?!
    Check out my self-deprecation here!
    @ me overtaking XTR massive lolz - I have gotten pretty serious about making a second career out of this poker hobby, especially since the economy may mean a very income-dampening summer for my math prof gig in 2010. So I'm a lot more driven to do the type of studying that will lead to better understanding. Hope it helps others, even if just to motivate them to work hard, too. I've certainly been guilty plenty often of "slacking off" with poker studies while others were progressing quickly.

@ sir pwn - dunno the whole story, but I'll just say this: XTR is one of the best regs here in terms of helping people and staying respectful to everyone.
    Back from France, back to uni, back on the grind. More or less, I dont feel too much like grinding nowadays. Im getting in a 1 hr session in the mornings, but other than that Im rather studying or meeting friends or get drunk or read books. Idk, I gotta build the roll but at the same time it just sucks to play when your not in the right mood. Hopefully things will change and my motivation will grow the next days.

French Alps were awesome tho. We stayed for two weeks in portes du soleil, discovering a whole bunch of hidden tracks built by locals. One of us broke his wrist the first week, the rest got away with little scratches and bruises and a worn bike (one more reason to grind out some moniez). We had some decent action and Im stoked for the two remaining races this season.

This was my favourite gap in a town called Chatel

yo
    Sooooo I continue to play poorly and run worse. Since I realized that I actually really rely on poker moneys until I sign the contract for my master thesis (prob around Dec or Jan) it´s all become a big mess. Currently I am broke as fuck, I already consider giving up smoking. May sound ridicoulous to non-smokers, everyone who quit or tried to knows what Im talking about. Funny enough it´s always the same when ur busto, those who owe you money have either suddenly moved to no-cell-signal-land or are simply broke themselves. I hate living with my parents, but as of now I can be quiet happy not to be homeless. All in all it looks like I pushed it too far this summer, but then again it was all well worth it.

During the summer I lost like 8 or 9 pound for which I had to work an awful lot during the last winter season. The lack of work out in Muscat let my chest, arms and shoulders shrink again to almost girls size (without boobies). Since Im way too poor to sign up for a new gym now Im going for the kate moss-ish marathon style, aiming at 65kg at 174cm/130lbs at 5´9´´

What else? Seasons final race is coming up on 26/27 and Im quiet optimistic to go top 20 at least. Track is like 90 mins from here and I know it well. Its actually not the most technical track in the world, but incredibly physical with two pedalling sections, so I gotta work on my legs and lungs until then (another reason to quit smoking).

Im thinking of a new OP title. Suggestions are welcome, winner wins something.

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
    6 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($50.70)
    UTG+1 ($87.90)
    Hero (CO) ($69.10)
    BTN ($50.00)
    SB ($140.25)
    BB ($54.20)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is CO
    UTG raises to $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($7.25, 4 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $5, BB folds, UTG raises to $17, UTG+1 folds, Hero goes all-in $67.35

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
    6 players

Stacks:
    UTG ($125.05)
    UTG+1 ($116.25)
    Hero (CO) ($100.00)
    BTN ($136.50)
    SB ($100.00)
    BB ($207.85)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO
    1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($12, 3 players)
    UTG+1 bets $8, Hero calls $8, BTN calls $8

Turn: ($36, 3 players)
    UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $18, BTN folds, UTG+1 calls $18

River: ($72, 2 players)
    UTG+1 bets $86.75, $70.50 to Hero ($70.50)?

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
    6 players

Stacks:
    UTG ($168.35)
    UTG+1 ($118.60)
    Hero (CO) ($100.00)
    BTN ($18.50)
    SB ($100.50)
    BB ($100.00)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO
    2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 2 folds, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6.50, 2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.50, 2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4

River: ($14.50, 2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB raises to $34

Be good
    yo
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR1000
    girls size (without boobies)
    ^^^^^ new thread title. ^^^^^

I don't see how you can fold hand 2. I know it's a shitty spot but I need a read to get away here.

Hand 3... check, check/call, check/raise. I wish that meant something to me. Since you checked back the flop, Villain can't really put you on anything. If V is the passive type I'm out, if not, I call with a tear in my eye.
    Everyone whos taking gambling seriously should read this
    yo
    Its been a long time since Ive been whining, bitching and shouting at my monitor. Id like to note for future references, that Im like 1/10000000mm away from tilting my entire roll away.

$0.25/$0.5 Deep No Limit Holdem
    4 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    CO ($133.40)
    BTN ($45.80)
    SB ($51.25)
    Hero (BB) ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is BB
    1 fold, BTN calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25, 2 players)
    Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Turn: ($3.75, 2 players)
    Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

River: ($9.75, 2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets $9, Hero raises to $26, BTN goes all-in $41.05

4 Players

Stacks:
    CO ($152.45)
    BTN ($50.45)
    SB ($52.25)
    Hero (BB) ($102.70)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is BB
    CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25, 2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25, 2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero raises to $15, CO calls $10

River: ($37.25, 2 players)
    Hero bets $18, CO raises to $51

Stacks:
    UTG ($89.40)
    Hero (UTG+1) ($50)
    CO ($60.80)
    BTN ($50)
    SB ($25.95)
    BB ($57.55)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1
    UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, 4 folds, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25, 2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

Turn: ($13.25, 2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $10.50, UTG calls $10.50

River: ($34.25, 2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $13, UTG raises to $35
    yo
    1) I think his betting range on the river is much more narrow than his calling range, so I'd just bet the boat. His b/c range is also pretty narrow, since most of his strong hands would have raised by now. So if he's rarely b/c anyhow, then might as well bet ourselves and get money from a much wider range.

2) I would c/r this flop always since he'll have a hard time folding his strong Ax hands, and if he has an overpair he'll put you on an Ax hand.

3) meh lame.. b/f
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Sucky times in XTR-land. The last weekend was the seasons last race and I failed big time. Hit a tree in the seeding run and lost like 20secs on the fastest guy, in my final run my chain snapped halfway through the course and I finished 62/188. Lost 30ish on the podium, but still Id have been the winnar had I boobs and a vag.

Im currently living like a bum with my parents. Broke ass student, almost done with uni, waiting for companys replies to my applications for writing my master thesis with them. Poker goes meh. Im off my game, particularly Im terribadly spewing in stupid places. Im gonna have quiet some time the next weeks to grind, but as of now thats gonna be just a breaking even/spewing off story. Id appreciate if someone was down for a sweat session the next week.
    yo
    Id appreciate if someone was down for a sweat session the next week.
    look me up in IRC-land
    Won't be until Thursday at the earliest though, monday I'm outa here, and Tuesday/Wednesday are transit. Thursday I'll be figuring out the deal with Malaysia, but next weekend perhaps?
    Cheers daven, Ill def get back tp you the next weekend!

6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($62.65)
    UTG+1 ($91)
    CO ($98.25)
    BTN ($103.45)
    SB ($40.75)
    Hero (BB) ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB
    UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 1 fold, BTN raises to $2.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, BTN calls $4.25

Flop: ($15.25, 2 players)
    Hero bets $9.50, BTN raises to $19, Hero raises to $43, BTN calls $24

6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($24.80)
    UTG+1 ($92.65)
    CO ($111.10)
    Hero (BTN) ($50.50)
    SB ($22.45)
    BB ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $2.25, CO calls $2.25, Hero raises to $7.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $10, UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $92.65, CO folds, Hero calls $43

Flop: ($156.15, 3 players)

6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($22.95)
    UTG+1 ($10)
    CO ($8.70)
    BTN ($92.65)
    SB ($75.85)
    Hero (BB) ($54.35)

2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2, CO raises to $8.70, SB calls $6.20, Hero calls $6.20

Flop: ($26.10, 3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB raises to $26.50, Hero raises to $45.65, SB calls $19.15
    yo
    Hand 1, I'm raising to 9 or 10 pre, then stacking off.

Hand 2, In theory you could fold there against the right player, but I almost never do.
    Life has been a bit of a cooler lately. I just got the paper work for my final exam (and I mean final final ie the last of obligatory exams) and it´s insanely insane weird crazy rocketz science like brain fuck stuff. Topic is the thermo dynamic stuff in power plants and damn....stupid teacher put as chapter 1 nothing but 74 formulas in a row with zero explanation. So crazy, as my enginnering and physics basics are li9ke 3 years in the past.

The good news is I quit smoking on monday. No real plan or strat, I just got up, had a fag and then threw the remeining pack in the dumpster and figured I was done with smelling bad and burning money. By now Im off tobacco almost 3 days, which is not much of an achievement, and substitute nicotine with caffeine, alc and running. I feel good and pretty confident Im gonna stay off that shit. I really want to run a full marathon the next year and attack the dh racing series, but more importantly I somehow have to prove to myself that Im not that weak useless pussy I sometimes appear to be.

poker is not worth mentioning, I grind along to break even and time out when its not appropriate

$0.25/$0.5 Deep No Limit Holdem
    6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($63.55)
    UTG+1 ($82.15)
    CO ($50.75)
    BTN ($99.60)
    SB ($82.15)
    Hero (BB) ($143.80)

1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50, 3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50, SB folds

Turn: ($4.50, 2 players)
    Hero bets $4.50, UTG+1 calls $4.50

River: ($13.50, 2 players)
    Hero bets $8.50, UTG+1 raises to $17, Hero folds
    yo
    I haven't been up to date on the rest of the OP, but what is your final exam on?

Also, zomgg you can't fold this river. The guy limped EP (ie: he's clearly bad fishy). I wouldn't put it passed him to have like K6ss or some crap like that, or even a "trapping" KJ.

I think the closer decision is between small 3betting and just calling a lame minraise, gah can't imagine folding this.
    no minraise there, griff. I find myself raising this pre a lot, but I'm getting away from the complicated oop agro preflop. I've been checking my big blind a lot more lately and I think I like the results.

But yeah, holy hell how do you fold that river?! Most of us have a calling reflex, I think you have a folding reflex. Seriously, if you have AK here what do you put him on raising the river with?
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    no minraise there, griff.
    I meant the river, he minraised the river no? We bet 8.50 and he made it 17.
    Applied thermodynamics - steam and gas turbines, Joule/Rankine/Ericson cycles, gas dynamics. By far the worst module in my course of study and the teacher is an old bastard. I already scheduled the exam as my last test, hoping that sucker would be retired by now, but it didnt happen.

On that 222, I didnt fold on purpose. I was going to 3bet small, trying to figure out how to respond if he jams I times out.
    yo
    Applied thermodynamics - steam and gas turbines, Joule/Rankine/Ericson cycles, gas dynamics. By far the worst module in my course of study and the teacher is an old bastard. I already scheduled the exam as my last test, hoping that sucker would be retired by now, but it didnt happen.

On that 222, I didnt fold on purpose. I was going to 3bet small, trying to figure out how to respond if he jams I times out.
    haha geeez I should read the caption of the hand before saying zomgg fold, my bad!

aaah thermo, cool. I studied eng but not that stuff, man haated thermo. gl on the exam!
    Cheers griff!

Im still off cigarettes, holla! Since I quit on monday Im averaging 8 cups of coffee, 4 beer, 4 nicotine chewing gums and 14km running per day. As long I can steal beer and coffee from my parents, quitting was highly +ev so far. I also gonna be dead fit if I continue to run like an idiot and can maybe participate in one more half marathon on 25th.

Poker is not worth mentioning. I really have to work on how I respond to 3bets and learn to c/f a flop now and then.
    yo
    Its making me really sad, how everytime I grinded enough together for 100nl I start to run like shit and consequently play worse.

***weird HH messed up. 100PL, 100BB eff., loose aggro weekend gambler

$1/$2 Limit Holdem

6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG (100)
    UTG+1 (149.35)
    CO (247.65)
    BTN (105.95)
    SB (195.85)
    Hero (119.95)

Pre-Flop: (1.5 SB, 6 players) Hero is BB
    1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 3 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls

Flop: (20.5 SB, 2 players)
    Hero bets, UTG+1 calls

Turn: (23.2 BB, 2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls

Another 37/6 guy enjoying his sunday in UTG, UTG+1 is taggish. Not sure about pre.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
    6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($129.80)
    UTG+1 ($101)
    Hero ($100)
    BTN ($58.75)
    SB ($111.65)
    BB ($79.50)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO
    UTG calls $1, UTG+1 raises to $4, Hero calls $4, 3 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: ($13.50, 3 players)
    UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $9, UTG raises to $18, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $40, UTG raises to $62, Hero raises to $87, UTG calls $34

***All 100PL become 1/2 LHE at weaktight. Villian runs 38/22 for 80ish hands***
    $1/$2 Limit Holdem
    5 Players

Stacks:
    UTG (212.35)
    CO (81.65)
    BTN (144.35)
    Hero (142.1)
    BB (19.85)

Pre-Flop: (1.5 SB, 5 players) Hero is SB
    1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, CO calls

Flop: (9.0 SB, 2 players)
    Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls

Turn: (40.5 BB, 2 players)
    Hero bets, CO calls

32/24 something reg, we´ve had some battles in the past, prob not relevant.
    $0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
    3 Players

Stacks:
    BTN ($104.50)
    Hero ($100.50)
    BB ($59.60)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 3 players) Hero is SB
    BTN raises to $3, Hero calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9, 3 players)
    Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($9, 3 players)
    Hero bets $7, BB raises to $25
    yo
    $0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
    6 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($100)
    UTG+1 ($123.50)
    CO ($100)
    Hero ($100)
    SB ($109.60)
    BB ($100)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    3 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: ($8, 2 players)
    SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($20, 2 players)
    SB bets $15, Hero calls $15

River: ($50, 2 players)
    SB bets $38, Hero folds

$0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
    5 Players
    SB = 23/13/6%3b, straight foward, not overly aggressive

Stacks:
    UTG ($116.85)
    CO ($102.70)
    Hero ($181.10)
    SB ($99)
    BB ($219.95)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 5 players) Hero is BTN
    2 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($7, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB raises to $21, $15 to Hero ($172.1)?
    yo
    It´s all a mess. I´m currently undergoing a crisis and am incredibly tilted towards everything.

I´m 27 living with my parents and broke as fuck. I can´t afford a gym membership and hence my weight is dwindling to 67kg/174cm. I quit smoking and since then Im running like an idiot, I think by now Im ready to attack 1hr30 in a half marathon and can easily aim at running a full distance marathon in the near future. However, my training sucks, I dont have a set schedule and cant stick to whatever is necessary to improve large scale. I just jump in my shoes run like hell for two hrs.

The company where Ive been in training over the summer hasn´t sent my certificate yet. I need that fucking sheet of paper to get credit for those eight weeks ind order to get my degree and stuff, but the fuckers just won´t send it to me. I´m applying for yp trainings and placements to write my master thesis with some companies. Some of them offer interesting topics for poor money, some offer good money but are located in a sucky area, some offer interesting topics but zero chance to spend time abroad.

I have lost half my roll over the past six days. Obviously Im playing bad and tilting. It´s just so annoying how the coolers comsume all my focus. Since Im back in Europe I cant win a fucking cent and only rakeback lets me barely break even. Im either playing bad right away or Im playing decent just to have the shit coolered out of me. If I wasn´t playing on a friends account with his money Id likely already have tilted everyting away.

I physically feel bad. My bowels dont feel good, Im having a headache almost every day, little conflicts let me get defensive. Now that fall has begun I cant get my weekly adrenalin fix that often and a pre-winter depression seems to kick in.

Oh, and dranger stole my beloved bear avatar. FML
    yo
    Keep your head up Toto.

On the TT hand, I'm at least calling that as-safe-as-can-be river.

Q9, depending on history and bet sizing tells, but again I'm at least calling. Getting 4bet here would make us have to e while being heavily invested, and without looking at numbers I think AQhh is a great part of his range.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Cheers Jack, thanks for stopping by.

I just went thru HM and randomly clicked on filters and I think I really need someone who actually knows how to use that stuff. Things that surprised me:

- I am almost breaking even on river calls in 75BB pots (small sample tho)
    - I am winning in call 3bet = true pots
    - I am winning in cold call preflop = true pots

So what´s the next best thing to find them leaks?
    yo
    Cheers Jack, thanks for stopping by.

I just went thru HM and randomly clicked on filters and I think I really need someone who actually knows how to use that stuff. Things that surprised me:

- I am almost breaking even on river calls in 75BB pots (small sample tho)
    - I am winning in call 3bet = true pots
    - I am winning in cold call preflop = true pots

So what´s the next best thing to find them leaks?

You should check your "call 3bet = true" spot, not including hands like AA/KK and stuff. To see how you're more marginal hands are doing.

Try checking your winnings/losses when you call in the blinds and don't 3bet. "position SB,BB, 3bet = false, saw flop = true". Make sure you set saw flop = true, otherwise it'll include all the times you fold the blinds which makes your numbers megaaa bad.

One I ran the other day was my river "bet/call" spots, to see how bad I was spewing on the river bet/calling with non "cooler" type spots. Seems like ppl just aren't bluffing the river when they raise!
    Yea, I made it to page 2. I couldnt be bothered to post here, b/c all I could have written was whining and bitching about how bad Im running and I really hate doing that.

Frankly its going incredibly bad. Poker, life, job, money, everything. Im having some issues with the university regarding my thesis. I already got a placement offer, decent company, sweet city, good topic, but the uni won´t let begin writing my thesis until I had 6 more weeks of practical training. However, being almost graduated there is no point in doing a 6 week training or even asking for it, when the industry is asking for 3 months+ placements. Since I havent got the job yet I am dead broke, in fact I havent been this poor since 9th grade or so.

As I have been doing for 3 years now my plan was to support myself with a game called poker. Im living with my parents since Im back to germany, so I dont really need much, except some moneys to pay for the phone and have a party or two each month. Unfortunately am I absolutely unable to earn a dime basically since Im back from the middle east. My own roll has disapeared and Im on a stake playing 50nl, losing a ton of money. I´ve never been a great player, but neither do I consider myself a loser at 50nl with idk how many 100k hands of winning 100nl under my belt. Neither do I bleed towards regs, but more importantly do I get the shit coolered out of me especially in deep games. Fuck AIEV, which shows like 20bi below ev for the past 6 weeks, fuck all those 55/2´s rivering overboats vs me. I am going mental as its all so weird. Im playing in incredibly good games, Im playing vs incredibly huge fish. Im practicing table selection v well, only to drop several buy ins to all the weekend donks. Technically I should be quitting before I burn the staked roll, but otoh is it smart to quit when you´re confident to be a winner in your games?

Problem is that Im developing new tilt issues, as the fact that I really realy really need money is new to me. Im not insanely spewing off, but I catch myself going in a retarded c/c-too-much-mode after I took a 200BB+ beat. Usually I recognize this after a couple of minutes, but even then its tough to quit when there´s some 40/10 with huge sizing tells to your right.

Its all a mess. I mean, how hard can it be to pull like 1.5BB at 50nl? Im seriously questioning myself, if I may be totally retarded and actually AM a loser.

What really fucks me up is that all these money issues begin to have a serious impact on my state of mind. I have always had problems with light depressions at the beginning of the winter. Its never been a big deal and I easily dealt with it by working out and surrounding myself with friends. This time however its coming to a new level, Im having a strong desire to be alone, cant sleep a night without waking up two or three times and have completely stopped working out. Weirdly enough have I managed to hook up with some 19yo girl, who´s been my booty call for the past weeks. Frankly, she´s not so much of a smart girl, but I get a feeling that things could be much much worse, although even sexual interaction make me feel sad in a weird way.
    yo
    Wow hard read. Your on a bit of a life tilt. Is your need for money crapping on your poker decisions? fuck poker and sort out uni/job shit, they are probably the ones really stinging you, once that sorts out then i reckon poker will fall into its proper place. Getting the job will get you out of your parents and onto a new adventure.

Either way good luck, don't forget this stuff will pass.
    Cheers MW, thanks for stopping by.

After all it´s still a mess but spending the holidays with the family made things look better. Also, I got absolutely trainwreck drunk when I went out with the boys late on xmas eve. Been a long time since I woke up with chunks of last nights memory missing and my rooms smelling strangely as if I had thrown up somewhere in the corner.
    yo
    Hey man I can relate with a lot of your issues...winter depression and even that girl situation. I'll try to get on AIM and talk to you more but just know you're not alone man. Hang in there. I you.
    kmizzle, we gonna get thru this. I´ll have my AIM running most of the time, hit me up whenever your online and wanna talk some.

I´ve also decided to get serious on HH analysis again, for now Im prob just gonna randomly pick 3 hands of each session, and put them together with reads and thoughts in a .doc. I dont wanna spam this blog with what will mostly be trivial hands, but if anyones interested Id happily exchange hands via email
    yo
    In my last session it seems like I classified some beats as "beats" which could have been played better.

Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($18.90)
    Button ($128.95)
    SB ($75.45)
    Hero (BB) ($52.20)
    UTG ($71.70)
    MP ($50.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
    3 folds, Button bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises $5, Button raises $12.25, Hero raises $36.75, Button raises $56.50, Hero calls $9.95 (All-In)

Total pot: $104.65

Villian 15/11/5 over 310, a2s 27%, no history between the two of us.
    Option a) Flat and take a flop: We have well over 75% equity vs his opening range, even being oop doesn’t matter much. I expect him to play straight fwd fit or fold, don’t see him going too wild postflop
    b) 3bet: No read on how he responds, say he 4bets KK+, calls 99-QQ, AQo+, KQs, we still have like 65% equity and will have an even better idea of his range
    Do I stack off? Prob not, 3b/fold is the way to go as we´re behind whatever he 4bets with. So, rather flat strong hands 100% vs him and only 3ball bluffs?

Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

XTR (SB) ($153.15)
    BB ($52.15)
    UTG ($20.70)
    Button ($52.75)

Preflop: XTR is SB with 9, 10
    UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, XTR calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) 3, 10, J (3 players)
    XTR bets $1.50, BB raises $6, 1 fold, XTR calls $4.50

Turn: ($13.50) 7 (2 players)
    XTR checks, BB bets $11, XTR raises $46.50, BB calls $34.65 (All-In)

River: ($104.80) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $104.80

The villain is a decent aggressive regular. I think I lost it here after checking the cashier too often. Really tough to give him a range, but it´s basically JT, T3, J3 and 33 with few combo draws now and then. Unfortunately are there few draws, as he´d def raise KQ preflop, we block 98 and I doubt he´d go wild on a bare SD or dominated FD. With roughly 30% equity turn is a close call isn’t it?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($50.55)
    XTR (MP) ($50)
    Button ($50.50)
    SB ($63.40)
    BB ($123.65)

Preflop: XTR is MP with K, A
    1 fold, XTR bets $1.75, Button calls $1.75, 1 fold, BB raises $8, XTR raises $14.75, 1 fold, BB calls $8

Flop: ($35) 6, Q, K (2 players)
    BB checks, XTR checks

Turn: ($35) Q (2 players)
    BB checks, XTR checks

River: ($35) 10 (2 players)
    BB bets $35, XTR calls $33.50 (All-In)

Villian is a weird regular, running around 28/17 and doesn’t fold to 3bets. During this session he raise/called A3o oop vs me BvB and call/called 66 and 99 in the SB when I squeezed from the BB. Im not too sure about his 3betting/squeezing habits, as Im having him to my right. Cold caller is a nit. Under the assumption that BB is generally too loose in 3bet pots I think 4b/call is my best preflop option, Im not sure about postflop. The hands before he tried to bluff his underpairs everytime the flop checked thru, and I cant see him calling off the flop w/ JJ, TT, AQ but he might be dumb enough to bet turn with those. Idk, I feel lost and should just b/c flop smallish?
    yo
    Hand 1 - Yeah I fold to the 4bet, I'd rather find out my mother is fucking my best friend than pay off a 15/11 6max nittard. I feel more comfortable if like you said he flats the 3bet.

Out of interest though, over the limited stats you have, is he positionally aware - IE raising more toward the button? Because a lot of these guys are tight across the board so it's worth looking past the preflop overview and looking at their positional stats for more insight.

You're right that there needs to be an adjustment though, in terms of hands to 3bet and hands to raise, but remember we make most of our money off nits like this by flatting them all day long and stacking them when we hit. I don't think there needs to be a huge weak 3betting range here when he's going to play so obviously and poorly in a single raised pot. I know it's dull but hey ho.

Hand 2 - Why do we need to be stacking off on the turn? Villain obviously likes his hand after raising the flop, if you really want to stack off the flop is where your equity is greatest but I don't think he has much of a raise/fold or bet/fold range on the flop or turn. So yeah, flat the turn.

I get the impression this is a kind of spot you get yourself into a fair bit? I'm sure I've seen other examples on your blog. If you think he has air in his range he's probably going to check it back on the river, and if he does bluff a bunch of the best cards will be ones that hit you hard. By shoving the turn you allow him to play better.

Hand 3 - Given this guy hates folding, should we be 4betting bigger? You should probably bet/call the flop smallish, he hates folding so give him reason not to. As played I call the river because we've played it so weakly.
    Dex, I really appreciate your feedback.

As for the weird stacking off on draws - Yea it´s kind of a year old issue, thats pretty much where Im tilting my moneys off. I usually handle my emotions well or at least better as I used to, but as of now Im pretty close to losing my grip more and more frequently. I must say that poker is driving me batshit insane lately. I hate to beat a dead horse, but Im questioning over and over how in the fucking world Im supposed to make any money, when I cant win a showdown whenever I get my money in before the river. Today I played 2.5k hands of 50nl 6m for $71 profit, which is nice. HM AIEV shows $331 profit. I got blessed with AA<KK AI on J high dry flop, KK<AK AIPF and a million of smaller flips. For fucking December alone I am almost exactly 13 buy ins below EV in roughly 20k hands. I know that smart people call AIEV also the Aids of online poker and I agree, but I seriously need those numbers to make sure Im not completely retarded.

Everyone who reads this may well give me shit for being a whiny bitch. Also please advice me, how to enjoy this game, when all you get is a bag of horse poo. Its putting so much pressure on me, I mentioned before that I cant sleep anymore and other problems. Its getting worse, when you know, that somehow the past weeks could been just fine, had you just run somewhere near your expectation - rakeback, bonus and profits according to aiev would have been more than sufficient to pay my bills and get more than 2 hours sleep at once. F my L.
    yo
    I tend to use the HM AIEV purely as confirmation that I'm getting my money in good. I don't look at it and think "I would be amazing if only poker would let me!" but it's nice to have something that regardless of outcome confirms you're generally making good decisions.

You're entitled to feel frustrated but it's on you to pull through it. It seems like you're stuck in a rut and repeating the same plays even after you understand they are either high variance or losing plays. You need to freshen things up, play a different style, something more orthodox so you can try to book some winning sessions for confidence, or drop a stake for a little while and beat up on the players there. I like that. I also try to make the time to watch a poker video before I play, try to get myself stoked up instead of sitting down and being like "ugh, what's gonna go wrong this time".

I'm definitely happy to go over hand histories, if you're interested I'll PM you my email. I'd also be happy to look over a graph/position stats for a 20k or more hand sample, see if I can spot anything.

If you haven't already, get on the Grinderschool promotion - there's some excellent videos there in case you haven't seen them, that I've found helpful.
    Ya, you´re def right about the AIEV stuff. I sure do take it just as something to make sure Im not an idiot phantasizing about being good when in fact his only skill is self denial (an option Ive been considering for a while now). If it wasnt for the AIEV stat Id have quit or moved way down a long time ago, but as long as Im getting the money in good there´s no point in moving down. As for moving down to gain confidence...I am already two stakes below what Ive been playing a year ago and I do feel confident in my game. Yes there are flaws and Im not dominating like crazy, but I dont think I could gain much from playing 25nl or 10nl. As for GS - I have a Leggo sub and can mooch BFP and CR off friends, so no point in that, but thanks for the tip.

My problem is just, that poker isn´t fun the way its been going for the past months. No question losing stretches are part of the game and Ive had more than one serious downswing over the past 3 years. This time however it´s been lasting effectively the entire year except the first 20k on FT in March/April. Im playing ultimately for the competition, I want to beat the people on my table and its hard to gain satidfaction from a win in theoryland. Its killing me and Im making more and more mistakes when Im getting frustrated. My poker mindset is no more "lets play some poker and beat the game!" but more like "you fuckers won´t get me down!". Not healthy.

Yesterdays sesh in big pots:

#1 23/18 reg who has shown a lot of aggro preflop. He is UTG, yet I am sure I can get it in ahead here, as we´ve been in some blind/btn wars and he´s not the type to back off preflop

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
    5 Players

Stacks:
    UTG ($107.15)
    CO ($45.65)
    BTN ($50)
    Hero ($51)
    BB ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is SB
    UTG raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, UTG raises to $16, Hero goes all-in $51, UTG calls $35

#2 Villian is a huge fish, showing 77/0 over a couple of orbits. He just doubled up with something ridiculous but I cant remember
    Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($58.15)
    UTG ($26.20)
    MP ($7.85)
    CO ($43.30)
    Button ($131.05)
    XTR (SB) ($50)

Preflop: XTR is SB with A, A
    2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, XTR bets $1.75, 1 fold, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) 2, 3, Q (2 players)
    XTR bets $4, CO raises $16.50, XTR raises $44 (All-In), CO calls $24.80 (All-In)

Total pot: $87.10

#3 Another 62/4 guy with a lot of postflop aggro. He bets almost any turn when the PFR checks to him.

CO ($40)
    Button ($26.80)
    SB ($114)
    BB ($20)
    UTG ($50.40)
    XTR (MP) ($50.35)

Preflop: XTR is MP with K, K
    1 fold, XTR bets $1.75, 1 fold, Button calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 4, 3, 8 (2 players)
    XTR bets $3.50, Button calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.25) 6 (2 players)
    XTR checks, Button bets $5, XTR raises $26.25, Button calls $16.55 (All-In)

#4 The guy is relatively unkown at this point. Ive had 30 hands on him reading 23/16
    No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($50)
    UTG ($51.55)
    MP ($24.60)
    CO ($52.80)
    XTR (Button) ($110.85)
    SB ($86.25)

Preflop: XTR is Button with 8, 8
    1 fold, MP bets $1, 1 fold, XTR calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.25) 4, 8, 7 (3 players)
    BB checks, MP checks, XTR bets $3, BB raises $49 (All-In), 1 fold, XTR calls $46

#5 11/10 over a reliable sample
    No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($52.45)
    Button ($50.50)
    SB ($75.90)
    XTR (BB) ($93.35)
    UTG ($59.95)

Preflop: XTR is BB with A, A
    UTG bets $1.75, 3 folds, XTR raises $5.50, UTG calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.25) J, 9, 3 (2 players)
    XTR bets $8, UTG raises $24, XTR raises $79.35 (All-In), UTG calls $29.95 (All-In)
    yo
    I definitely sympathise with your current mindset, last year my game really fell apart between a lack of time to play and stress brought home from work, so whenever I sat down to play poker losing or running bad just made my already poor mindset worse. It's incredibly frustrating. It got to the point where I sat down needing to win and it was unhealthy, pressure clouds the mind.

I'm not sure being the best person at the table is the correct #1 reason to be playing poker, there's a huge difference between the benefits of confidence and the negatives of ego. The thing is, clearly you're a winning player (even if only marginally lately for whatever reason), so I guess the answer is we need to make more correct decisions. I think we can both see spots, like where you stack off with draws on the turn, where if you were to call or even fold you'd see more profit and not have your ego crushed by getting beat by an average reg who probably never considers a raise/fold range, let alone has one. I think fixing leaks like this, as well as any "I may have OK equity and even if I don't fuck it because fuck him" kinda thinking, could improve your winrate, throw away less stacks to regs, and from there hopefully put some confidence into your game. Talk is cheap I know, but next time you're in a marginal at best spot vs a reg, take a few seconds to think about folding or whatever action improves how you play a hand rather than improves how villain plays his.

Hand 1 - Pretty standard, did you check his UTG pfr or UTG 3bet call/4bet stats? UTG is a pretty unique position in how it's played, I wouldn't fold here but if you're in this spot with say AK or QQ, the stats I listed are worth considering. If he's any good he's not stacking that light here, but we're good enough against even tight ranges to go with it.

Hand 2 - Obv 77/0 means he's played a few hands already, and he just doubled up before I act after his flop raise I'd be checking that previous hand and his stats to see if he calls a lot postflop or raises. The money is going in, it's fine as played because it's entirely possible they show up with TP etc, but villain's raising range on the flop is not the same thing as their flop calling raise.

Hand 3 - If he always bets when checked to then I'd call and c/c most rivers, if we know his turn betting range is wide then by shoving over we're narrowing his range and potentially missing river on the money from hands we beat.

Hands 4 - So you've got pf stats, but what has BB done postflop so far? Call, fold? Showdown any hands? Anyway, utterly standard, if villain has 56 here then lol, make a note that if you ever meet him to gouge his eyes out with a beer bottle for playing it so stupid.

Hand 5 - This hand is the gay if we don't have a read on whether villain would raise QQ/KK on the flop or flat them, if his range is JJ+ then obv we're good to go, but we need to know if his nittiness extends to postflop and whether he'd call down with a hand like QQ here because he's a nit and you 3bet his UTG open.
    Those are good points regarding ego and attitude. I dont feel so bad for having my ego crushed when I do stupid things, b/c usually I acknowledge my own failure and try to learn from them (sometimes with little success). Whats bothering me the most (and the following might sound v stupid, but has been the my main tilt-theme for years) when I technically own people just to have them drawing out on me. Usually it´s when I succeed in provoking over-adjustements and then have them outflopping/drawing out on me. Anyways, I need to come clear, that I am in fact a minor small stakes fish. I am not running worse than others are and am not playing as good as I wished I would. Most of the pressure I feel on my chest when playing is essentially a result of poor bankroll management.

Regarding above hands and comments, in situations like #1 I flat a lot preflop, since very few people respond with more than KK+ to someone 3betting their UTG raise oop. That guy however proved to has more aggro than most. Guy in #2 is repping v thin and more importantly, has basically commited himself with his retarded sizing.

#3 Is interesting as the villian showed up with the bottom of his range (As5s). Given that his range consists of many many weak made hands, he could have a couple of nut hands and we have some sort of a redraw vs sets, straights and two pair I agree that both c/c and c/f are better options than c/r. These spots are important as those type of players who auto floats any flop and bet 90%+ turns when checked to can exploit me heavily, when I treat them like the average TAG whose flop calling range is way stronger. Im just not sure,where to draw the line between c/c and c/f. #4 is pointless as we´re virtually never folding the second nuts, #5 is just a huge cooler. Given that combos of JJ are cut in half Im fairly sure he has got KK 75% of the time. Indeed he had and rivered a set which made me wanna cut myself.
    yo
    I don't think it sounds stupid at all, in fact it sounds normal. It's not exactly an alien concept to feel aggrieved when you do something right but it doesn't work out. Unfortunately poker is full of these situations, and just as we take a little solace from AIEV suggesting we're getting it in good, one of the big things that helped me was being able to critique my play regardless of result, and now I'm happier being able to identify that even if I run into the top of someone's range, the play itself is a good one.

Hand 2 I'm definitely not suggesting fold, you're right his raise size is retarded and should by rights commit him, I think I'm just trying to emphasise the use of information even if it's only one previous hand for stacks.

Hand 3, it's pretty lolworthy just what people will think they're potstuck with and semibluffcall or whatever you want to call clicking buttons and hoping. I don't think a c/r is bad here at all, but I think a c/c is decently better. On the basis of the strength of our redraws alone vs villain's range, I don't like c/f especially as there is still enough left behind to c/f the river if need be.

On the subject of players who float and bet any turn checked to them, having had my soul owned by a few of those recently I've been giving thought on how to play vs them, with emphasis on some of the headcase 70/20s I've seen lately. One consideration I had was to almost only ever check a turn vs them if I was prepared to c/c turn and lead river or c/c turn and c/c river. Anything I wasn't prepared to check the turn with, such as too much value not to bet (or significantly drawy boards), or because my hand was too weak to c/c, anything I'm not prepared to c/f inc air (and I'm trying to make that c/f range as small as non-spewy vs these villains) would be barrelled on the turn and followed up on a lot of rivers (dry boards with a rivered broadway, wet boards with a blank river, etc). Before I start doing it I'm trying to assess whether this is viable or spewy, but I guess until I actually do it in practice the answer is "it depends". It seems a little like fighting fire with fire but it's working for the villains. This seemed to make a little more sense the first time I wrote it, thank you very much Firefox keyboard shortcuts

Hand 5 is the poker equivalent of a sack of puppies in a river. Soul crushing.
    edited because posting beats is pointless.
    yo
    Holyy batman, the swongs are still insane, but I seem to slowly get a grip on things again. I pretty much quit calling small PPs from the blinds unless its an UTG raise (I really wonder, why and when I began calling those in that spot). I also discovered how I massively screwed up a couple of big pots by playing weirdly passive. All three hands that triggered the investigation and thinking resulted in retarded beats nonethless, but I think I have fixed a leak. I have collected 15 hands with more or less detailed analysis as .doc, if anyone´s interested in reading and discussing those send me a pm. I bet at least one of will benefit from talking those thru.
    yo
    I booked a massive losing session today (once again) for -$227. Biggest winner being some TPTK vs a shortstack AI on turn for 52BB, losers include JJ < QT on KJ93tt for 160BB, AK<QQ and AQ<JJ pfai for 100BB and 88<AT on TT4A8 for 100BB. Its annoying, but what can you do?
    yo
    I am annoyed and irritated and just massively tilted off money. And by massively I mean only one stack. Gonna shovel some more snow now.
    yo
    Everything I could post sounds perfetic even to myself. Since the beginning of November I have played 58k hands of 6max NL and PLHE on FT. Of those 42k hands were played at 50NL and I am a solid 5bb/100 loser over that sample. Yes, 5bb/100 over 40k, can´t be a sample issue, can it?

I am asking that myself. Is it possible to swing that horrible or am I actually a retard who has been running good for the past 3 years?

Over the entire sample since I got that FT account I am breaking even for 90k 50NL (17buy ins below AIEV), but have booked 57k hands of 1.5BB/100 100NL (4 buy ins above AIEV, evening out those 5 below on 100PL)

Key stats 50NL 90k hands:

21 VPIP 18 PFR 2.75 AF 5.3% 3bet 27.3 WTSD 38.9 Steal%

So there must be something terribly wrong with my game, but I can´t just spot it. Last ten times I got stacked:

7c8c < Ac4c on QdTc5c9c, 3bet pot me being the aggressor IP
    55 < 67 on Ks5h6h6c7c, single raised pot, me being the pf raiser, bet flop, b/c turn, call river
    22 < JJ on 2d5d7c4sJd AI on flop
    AA < AKs AIPF
    44 < 75s on A3468 AI on turn
    KK < AA AIPF
    KdQh < 5s6s on 4sQsQd9s AI on turn
    33 < QT on KT3J9 AI on turn
    JJ < QT on K95J3
    AKs < QQ AIPF

And all of those except the KQ are pretty much cooler situations everyone must be prepared for. And that´s pretty much the point:

To lose 5bb/100 over 40k there must be something terribly wrong, I just can´t blame variance, can I? Given the dimensions there should be some painfully obvious flaws in my game, but I do completely fail to identify them and that´s what makes me feel really stupid. I had some friends and some helpful FTRers reviewing a set of hands and I didnt get a lolusuck feedback, when I come here to log a session I refuse to most of the times because posting coolers is retarded. Im either a pussy who can´t deal with variance or a master of denial. If somebody bothers to review my stats I might find out.
    yo
    I was breaking even over 50k-ish hands on FT 50NL after cashing out and moving down after a downswing.
    If I had run particularly bad I could have easily had similarly bad results.
    In my case it was definitely: Not respecting the stakes. - I was playing 200NL for a while during the summer, and coming back to 50NL just a month later, I did not really care about the money, did not plan my sessions, and did not take regular breaks like I used to.
    That and using some autopilot lines I started using against 100/200 regs, that assumed a level of thinking by my opponents that just wasn't there.
    For example: Almost nobody balances anything. There's a reg with over 10k in 50NL winnings who always c/c donks his monster hands regardless of the board texture. Then there's another winning reg who c-bets 55%, and never continues to a bet after he checks and so on... and non regs... I mean, you know

As far as the games go, I feel like they haven't been that soft in a while. You should be destroying them.
    Well, the last ten stacks lost look like coolers and suckouts. How are you doing in non-showdown pots? Big losses, break even, what?

What about biggish pots where the full stack doesn't go in? Are you making a lot of river calls when villains get there?

You're running stats that provide a good basis to be a winning player, but it's possible to turn that into breakeven or worse with bad calls or unnecessarily bloated pots you have to give up on.
    Yea, those numbers alone won´t cut it.

My non-SD pots are a consistent loser. I have been looking into that a while ago and I´m trying to lift the red line by calling less from the blinds and picking wiser spots to 3b in position. I am not aggressive enough in 3bet pots and think that Im generally a wee bit to tight vs flop raises and check raises in spots like #1. For the nonSD losses Im blaming me playing too many tables, my turn and river ranges being too tight/Im not picking good spots to exploit weak ranges and most important me table selecting well. The games in general are soft and more to the point are showdown games - I do make money off fish who call too much and nits who fold their blinds a lot and don´t put any pressure on me isolating the poor players.

As I said before, in biggish non AI pots Im on the tight side if anything. I filtered for river calls a while ago and was breaking even or slightly up on those hands where I call a river bet or raise.

Im double barreling not too much and do very very rarely triple barrel at my current stakes. Im taking a bet - check - bet line for value most of the time and have it looked up fairly light by the less experienced players and even many regs dont quiet take that line for what it is.

I could improve my red line by taking a weaker range to SD, but given how passive the games play I dont see any merit in doing so. Relevant numbers:
    5.3% 3bet (rather low isn´t it?)
    18% call 3bet
    5.6% squeeze
    26.2 WTSD (I really have little idea about this number)
    54.2% W$SD (seems kinda high)
    43.6% W$WSF
    60% flop cbet
    34.8% turn cbet
    51% fold flop vs raise
    50% fold to cbet
    40% steal

(All numbers correspond to 90k 50nl 6max with 22/18 preflop stats)
    yo
    Variance is insane. Without playing great or anything I made 12 buy ins over the past two days/3k hands. It´s sick as I can´t really give myself credit for that, I just ran good. I sucked out once QQ < AA pfai, won a couple of flips and caught funny hands when I 3bet suited junk. I´m glad I set up the hands-posting-bootcamp with kmind yesterday, b/c I tend to be very lazy when Im running okay.
    yo
    Relevant numbers:
    5.3% 3bet (rather low isn´t it?)
    18% call 3bet
    5.6% squeeze
    26.2 WTSD (I really have little idea about this number)
    54.2% W$SD (seems kinda high)
    43.6% W$WSF
    60% flop cbet
    34.8% turn cbet
    51% fold flop vs raise
    50% fold to cbet
    40% steal

(All numbers correspond to 90k 50nl 6max with 22/18 preflop stats)
    3bet seems fine, I don't see why you'd need that to be higher given how you described the way your games play. Everything else looks ok too.

You mentioned that you tend to use bet/check/bet as a value line, perhaps there's a lot of pots you're giving up on because of how you interpret your games. I think the As2s hand (no. 6) from your blog with kmind is as close as I've seen so far to you taking a line that puts you in a shitty enough spot to fold and lose a decent sized pot. Obv we have to fold that river, but we get into that situation by playing passively/trying to bluff catch, I guess my red line is generally pretty decent because I'd be trying to get that in on a wet flop vs a player who has quite likely learnt to call bullshit against me.

Yeah, I mean, if your game is showdown-orientated your red line can definitely suffer. It then becomes a matter of whether the showdown game is significant enough to generate strong profit after non-showdown losses.

It's also possible there's hands you play as bet/check/bet that would be better served as bet/bet/bet? It gets easy to kind of default to a certain way of playing and applying it too generally.

Are you on a Euro site or FT?
    Well it seems like the number of tables has a bigger impact on my red line than I suspected. I cut it down to four for the recent sessions and had my red line almost breaking even. Overall I am quiet happy with my pokers lately. I played a session with a friend on friday and it was good to sit together and play some and discuss some.

For my own game things had turned around as I had a decent streak the past week, today kinda sucked donkey balls running 8 buy ins below AI ev in 1.3k hands. Im gonna make a post in the tilt section in a minute, although Im not really tilted, Im just gonna post for hilarity and to encourage everyone else who running like dog crap. I made a few tiny adjustements to my game and so far it works out well. Things like cbetting more, calling less from the blinds, 3betting more in position, not 3betting from SB, not being a nit in 3bet pots seems to have some merits. Also, with less tables I can attempt to read a hand more detailed and steal some more turn and rivers (which ends up in terribad spew most of the time, hence the red line improvements).

And Dex, I´m playing on FT.
    yo