Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 351 of 420 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 26,251 to 26,325 of 31490
    I hope you didn't take that part too seriously. I meant the first part about boredom being a sign that you need a break in your routine.
    The rest is me joking a bit.
    I booked a weekend to go visit my mate in wales next month so that's something I suppose.

More jobs are starting to pop up that are suitable too so I should start applying for those.
    Wales in November. Take a good coat.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    ...and a canoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Wales in November. Take a good coat.
    Where exactly do you think I'm from? It's like 2 hours away by car if the traffic is awful.
    You're a rare Man Utd fan from Manchester, aren't you?

I'm ten miles from the Welsh border, it gets windier and rainier with every mile west I head.
    ongies gonna ong
    Wow.

Crazy times we are living in.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18...share=427892d1
    Wow is right. That's insane!
    Naughty naughty. So, do you need any more weapons?
    ongies gonna ong
    Dan Negranu does Scotty Nguyen. Not racist.

ongies gonna ong
    Dan Negranu does Dexter. Racist.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    I'm really fucking bored recently.

To the point where I'm thinking I should get a job. fml.
    Learn a new skill. Music is a bottomless pit if you're into it. Or go fix something. There's a zero percent change there's nothing around you in need of carpeting, welding, sewing or plumbing. Cooking is a good one. Everyone eats. Clean something! I know for a fact you have dirty windows. Right now is the time to plant flowers. Always nice to have flowers in spring, so go plant some flowers.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-14-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    I just learned that there is such a thing as Iggy Azalea. Very hot
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Learn a new skill. Music is a bottomless pit if you're into it. Or go fix something. There's a zero percent change there's nothing around you in need of carpeting, welding, sewing or plumbing. Cooking is a good one. Everyone eats. Clean something! I know for a fact you have dirty windows. Right now is the time to plant flowers. Always nice to have flowers in spring, so go plant some flowers.
    Are you calling me a fgt?

Music is boring to me. I can play guitar, clarinet but I have no real interest in getting better. I could learn some stuff on guitar for the sake of it but meh. I haven't really listened to anything new or exciting in too long. I have been cooking more. I don't own my house so doing all that other stuff is pointless. If something bothers me enough I literally do just fix/sort it out. My windows are dirty but I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Is this what old people do? Just pass time with no intention of being good just to put off death? If so I should get into cooking purely for the fact that it'll shorten my life.
    Last edited by Savy; 10-15-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    Get a job so you become too busy to realise how pointless it all is.

Edit: I thought you were a primary school teacher?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    Get a job so you become too busy to realise how pointless it all is.

Edit: I thought you were a primary school teacher?
    I qualified to be a maths teacher last school year. I'm starting to apply for jobs now. Found one I liked, applied for it and then found out that they already had someone they wanted so I doubt anything will come from it.
    My best piece of advice that I offer to anyone whom will take it is the following:

Whenever you are making long-term plans, ensure those plans satisfy 2 criteria: Awesomeness and practicality.
    What is awesome to you and practical for you will vary from person to person, so feel free to define those as best they fit your life.

To pin this to a specific example: Being a math teacher is clearly a practical goal for you, Savy. Is it an awesome one? I.e. will you feel like you're truly a lucky person to have the opportunity to get paid to do something you would love to do anyway? If not, then maybe this goal should be relegated to a short-term goal, while you keep searching for an awesome goal to push toward in the long-term.

The benefits of this mindset are too many to enumerate, IMO.

I hope this makes sense. It's made all the difference in my own life.
    Yeah but everything sucks and is boring. That's the least sucky and boring thing I can think of doing currently that actually ends up in me not just being a doss about lazy ass. If I start doing it and I really don't like it I'll obviously look for something else.
    That's great, but misses the point entirely.

It's not "if it sucks, then I'll look for something else."
    It's, "if it's not awesome, then I'll look for something else."

"Not sucking" is too low a bar for someone as intelligent and capable as you are.
    His point is that nothing currently seems awesome to him, so he's making the best choices he can under the circumstances. Lots of people have that problem. How many people do you know who think their job is 'awesome'? So, just saying 'find someting awesome' is a bit simplistic imho.

The wisest advice I think would be to keep your options and your mind open to trying things that you might not expect to be satisfying/fulfilling/happy-making until you try them. Also, understand that there's a lot of other people out there in a similar situation to you. It's difficult to deal with at times, but you have to keep looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    His point is that nothing currently seems awesome to him, so he's making the best choices he can under the circumstances.
    Yes.
    My point is to keep those plans as short-term plans while he keeps looking for something awesome.

"Most people" are nowhere near as intelligent as Savy, have less to offer a potential employer, and lack the self-confidence to take their dreams seriously.
    Savy has the potential to do whatever he wants and turn it into a career. He just needs to find something that is awesome for him and then not accept "no" for an answer. I'm not saying that's easy, but I don't think it's nearly as hard as people make it out to be.

Just think back to when you were a kid, having fun as a mode of life... how did you spend your time?
    Probably start there for what you would enjoy spending the majority of your time on as an adult.

When was the last time you had a great day?
    What did you do that day?
    Is it practical to do that every day?

If left to your own devices, if money wasn't a concern... what would you do?
    Does that have to be something you put off until you retire?

Many people make money doing all sorts of things which surprise me. There are demolitions experts whom get paid to blow things up. Pilots whom fly all over the world. Park Rangers whom get paid to wander around in the woods all day. Actors whom get paid to play pretend. Literally everything is a viable option to some people. The trick is to find that intersection of what is practical for you while still being awesome.

It's rare, but 100% achievable for an intelligent person.
    Don't forget he can also be middleweight boxing champion of the world.
    Meanwhile, Ong is working on ways to move to Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...-pot-1.4865944
    I weigh 224lb I think I'd have to fight light heavyweight or the cut would be too much. Going to get back down to 210-198 range that's a healthier weight for me to be.
    Meanwhile, Ong is working on ways to move to Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...-pot-1.4865944
    Five years and it'll be legal here.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm not sure if that's practical for Savy, but if it is, then it is.
    I weigh 224lb I think I'd have to fight light heavyweight or the cut would be too much. Going to get back down to 210-198 range that's a healthier weight for me to be.
    Pros:

Chicks dig fighters.
    Lose your gut and get in shape.
    Make really good money if you're good enough.

Cons:

Have to train hard whether you want to or not.
    Have to eat right whether you want to or not.
    Fair chance of getting brain damage.
    I have literally 0 intention of ever getting into boxing. Unless for some reason I get an opportunity to earn shit tonnes of money for a fight even though I have no experience (like the whole youtube thing) then why would I? Getting punched in the head is stupid unless you're earning a lot of money for doing so.

When I was like 15 we used to do backyard boxing where we'd put boxing gloves on in my mates garden and basically just twat each other, that was fun. Maybe boxing is what I'm missing in life.
    I have literally 0 intention of ever getting into boxing.
    Whaaaaat?

mayweather-cropped_os80v1hz00fv1ilbaa9c4fwl6-390x285.jpg
    https://www.twitch.tv/sweet_anita/clips?range=7d

In case anyone still doesn't think that streaming is the future.
    I had a grilled cheese sandwich with Feta on it with a bowl of chili for lunch.
    Who the hell does that?

It was delicious, BTW.
    Sandwitches are the best, but I'm not responsible enough to have 'em. This summer I managed to gain about 10lb in 2 months and I'm convinced it's because I packed myself sandwiches and a can of soda for lunch. It's back to coffee and avocados for me.
    Also someone guessed me 10 years younger than I am, and my first thought was naturally: I could still legit fuck 21 year olds! Not that I'd necessarily want to, but it's nice to know that's still open. Gotta stay fresh!
    Sandwiches can be healthy or unhealthy, depending on what's on them.
    My goal when making a sandwich is to use at least 10 ingredients and to try not to fill up on the meat and cheese. Everything counts as an ingredient, even the bread, salt, and pepper. Meat, cheese, lettuce, onion, green pepper, carrot, avocado, pickles, mayo or other salad dressing, etc.... they all count. This helps keep the meat and cheese from being the biggest part of the sandwich, and makes it easy to have a different sandwich every day of the week.
    Now that I think about it, it's more like a hand-held salad than a store-bought sandwich.

I cut soda entirely about 12 years ago, and don't miss a thing. I have maybe 3 sodas a year, now... and it's as a dessert after a meal, not as a beverage when I'm thirsty.
    (I'm not remotely trying to come across as a health expert. Just talking. I have no judgement over what/how people eat.)

Weighed myself the other day and I'm at 205. It's a little chunky on a 6'2" frame, but not at all "fat" for a 42-year-old.

I'm blessed with a baby face, too. no gray hair or receding hairline, either. Lucky.
    I already have a cute Hawaiian gal, whom is 11 years younger than I am, though.
    Also... I have no desire to deal with a 21-year-old's melodrama again.

Jesus... am I a total douche in this post? As I reread it, I feel like it sounds kinda "Do it like me, and you'll be better."
    That's not at all my meaning.
    I don't usually drink soda, but sometimes I make excuses. I'm not super fat, I'm exactly 25bmi right now, which is right on the line to overweight... I feel pretty fat though.

I'm no nutritionist, but there's a ton of calories in the bread which doesn't even fill you up. Google says it's 70 calories per slice, so 2 sandwiches are 280 calories just for the bread. It's so easy to overeat on sandwiches.
    I'm relatively thin at 6' and 172 lbs, but I have to be careful to maintain it. Processed carbs and starches like bread, pasta, etc., are the best way for me to put on weight. It's hard to know what to replace a sandwich with though. I should eat more salad but it just doesn't fill you up. I do eat lots of fruit and veg though at least.

The other day I read the uni newspaper put out by students and there was an article on nutrition that was so bad I'm not surprised so many people are fat. Their advice was to "Eat beans and cheese, pasta, chicken and rice, and jacket potatoes." Fucking srsly?

And they went on: don't worry about how most vegetables are "expensive" (wat ??? - a 1kg bag of carrots costs < £1), or "bland" (the e.g. of a bland veg they gave was kale - that stuff is vile but it is hardly bland), 'cause jacket potatoes give you 25% of your vitamin C. So I guess you're supposed to eat 4 of them a day then (and forget all the other vitamins and minerals 'cause that's the only veg or fruit they recommended people eat.)

It was like they had no idea about nutrition, did no research, hadn't ever tasted a vegetable before, never mind bought one, and just wrote whatever nonsense popped into their head. If this is what passes for knowledge about nutrition in their generation they are all fucked imo.
    Bread is just a pretty shitty food. What sandwich can you not just basically turn into "salad" instead.
    It also happens I have a project group that wanted to look at ways to improve people's cognitive skills. Two ideas I suggested were cardio and fruit/veg. They told me it would be impossible to get people their age to eat an extra serving of fruit/veg a day for four weeks. One of them must have read that article I mentioned because they said vegetables were 'too expensive, and it was cheaper to buy a pizza.' omfg.
    Bread is just a pretty shitty food. What sandwich can you not just basically turn into "salad" instead.
    Whole wheat bread has some value (fibre, vits, etc.), but it is fattening. It doesn't help when you buy a sandwich from the shop and it's 90% bread because that's the cheapest way to make them.

The problem is a lot of people (myself included) find bread pretty tasty.
    I'm relatively thin at 6' and 172 lbs, but I have to be careful to maintain it. Processed carbs and starches like bread, pasta, etc., are the best way for me to put on weight. It's hard to know what to replace a sandwich with though. I should eat more salad but it just doesn't fill you up. I do eat lots of fruit and veg though at least.

And they went on: don't worry about how most vegetables are "expensive" (wat ??? - a 1kg bag of carrots costs < £1), or "bland" (the e.g. of a bland veg they gave was kale - that stuff is vile but it is hardly bland)
    Literally just remove the bread and chop the ingredients up in a container.

Fruit really isn't all that good for you it's essentially just sugar. Veg however is awesome. The reason they think it's expensive is because they buy stupid shit and believe in all the organic grown by itself in a 3 acre field where lambs frolic freely so you get a lettuce for £5. Frozen veg is brilliant and cooking veg in a microwave is one of the better ways to do it.

I'm a big fan of just making currys, stews and the like, lots of meat and loads of veg. Much better than a salad or similar whilst at work and assuming your sauce isn't really calorific they aren't exactly high in calories.

Fruit really isn't all that good for you it's essentially just sugar.
    Don't know how this idea took hold,but I've heard it before. Fruit is the next best thing for you after veg. An apple is 90 calories, so about the same as a slice of bread, an orange is 60 cals, and both are full of vitamins/minerals and fibre. They're not just flavoured sugar as some people seem to think.

Veg however is awesome. The reason they think it's expensive is because they buy stupid shit and believe in all the organic grown by itself in a 3 acre field where lambs frolic freely so you get a lettuce for £5.
    No, it's because they've never bought it themselves and just assume because it's healthy it must also be expensive.
    With regards to eating another portion of fruit and veg and cardio to improve cognitive skills why do you think this would make any difference?

I think that one of the biggest improvements most people could make to their lives, nothing to do with cognitive skills, is increasing their flexibility in terms of stretching.

Btw you can 100% buy pizzas for less than veg. When I was at uni you could get £1 pepperoni pizzas from tesco. They were basically just bread but still.
    With regards to eating another portion of fruit and veg and cardio to improve cognitive skills why do you think this would make any difference?
    With cardio it's thought to be mostly from improved circulation getting more blood to the cells in the brain. With fruit/veg it's more nutrients keeping brain cells healthy and functioning. Also have to remember if you're getting some cals from fruit/veg you're replacing other cals that used to come from less nutritious foods (or harmful, in the case of a soda, for example).

I think that one of the biggest improvements most people could make to their lives, nothing to do with cognitive skills, is increasing their flexibility in terms of stretching.
    How is being more flexible a big improvement? Also, flexibility is mostly genetic, so stretching doesn't do much for that.

Btw you can 100% buy pizzas for less than veg. When I was at uni you could get £1 pepperoni pizzas from tesco. They were basically just bread but still.
    Not sure what kind of veg you were buying. If you buy exotic shit that has to come from India or S. America then yeah it can be expensive. I don't know where the fuck asparagus comes from for example,but it's stupid expensive, like £1.50/100g. But everyday fruit and veg. is as cheap as or cheaper than the cheapest pizza.

These Tesco pizzas range from 40p/100g to £2/100g.
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ad/fresh-pizza

Per 100g:
    carrots 8p
    onions 8p
    broccoli 15p
    celery 25p
    lettuce 5p
    banana 8p
    tomatoes 20p
    apple 30p
    orange 25p
    With cardio it's thought to be mostly from improved circulation getting more blood to the cells in the brain. With fruit/veg it's more nutrients keeping brain cells healthy and functioning. Also have to remember if you're getting some cals from fruit/veg you're replacing other cals that used to come from less nutritious foods (or harmful, in the case of a soda, for example).

How is being more flexible a big improvement? Also, flexibility is mostly genetic, so stretching doesn't do much for that.

Not sure what kind of veg you were buying. If you buy exotic shit that has to come from India or S. America then yeah it can be expensive. I don't know where the fuck asparagus comes from
    A pizza is a meal is peoples point and looking at 100g prices is stupid. If you got home from work and had the choice between 1kg of carrots or 1 cheap frozen pizza you're not taking the carrots. I agree with you veg is cheap.

The cardio and fruit/veg thing sounds like mostly nonsense that would have essentially insignificant results on someones cognitive ability. Though it's the type of nonsense that you probably can't even measure to begin with so pointless science is pointless.

And stretching your maximum amount may be genetic but people get tight as fuck. Most people have really bad posture as a result of things like how they sit at their desks and it results in over-adjustments from your body which lead to things like back pain, joint pain, etc. When you are more supple these things don't happen.

I'm tall and when I was in ok shape I could put my palms flat on the ground when stretching over and now (I just tried) I can't even touch my toes. Warming up would help but that's a pretty big difference.
    A pizza is a meal is peoples point and looking at 100g prices is stupid. If you got home from work and had the choice between 1kg of carrots or 1 cheap frozen pizza you're not taking the carrots. I agree with you veg is cheap.
    No, the point is you don't save money by eating processed crap over real food. No-one suggested you eat a bag of carrots for supper, but if you have a salad made up of fruit and veg and a bit of dressing it's going to be cheaper than a Tesco pizza, won't make you fat, and will have prolly about 5x as many nutrients. Even if you add a hard boiled egg or some other bit of meat to the salad it's still cheaper. Pizza is just a lazy man's choice. Not saying I never have pizza, but at least I know I'm not doing it to save money over a healthier alternative. Students seem to think they are.

The cardio and fruit/veg thing sounds like mostly nonsense that would have essentially insignificant results on someones cognitive ability. Though it's the type of nonsense that you probably can't even measure to begin with so pointless science is pointless.
    There's literally hundreds of studies that show the opposite. The mechanisms aren't well understood, and the studies are mostly about preventing cognitive decline in the elderly, but there's a definite link between a healthy body and a healthy mind.

And stretching your maximum amount may be genetic but people get tight as fuck. Most people have really bad posture as a result of things like how they sit at their desks and it results in over-adjustments from your body which lead to things like back pain, joint pain, etc. When you are more supple these things don't happen.
    That's not quite how it works. Being flexible doesn't prevent bad posture; bad posture reduces flexibility. The cure is to improve your posture, and some stretching can reduce tightness, but if you have good posture in the first place you're not going to get tight.

I'm tall and when I was in ok shape I could put my palms flat on the ground when stretching over and now (I just tried) I can't even touch my toes. Warming up would help but that's a pretty big difference.
    Maybe being 25 lbs over your preferred weight has something to do with that? I'm 50, I haven't stretched in years, and I can still touch my toes.
    How can you not have a wealth of personal history which compels you to at least agree that eating healthy means you're not distracted by the myriad tiny discomforts that happen when you eat junk food?
    Eating healthy is definitely a lot more expensive than some people imagine. You just can't meet your daily calories on vegtables alone unless that's all you do. Most veggies are below 50kcal/100g, so you'd have to eat about 4kg to sustain yourself. Most of the calories you take in when you eat your veggies are actually oils and carbs... so everything else really. Even adding those you'd be surprised at the volume that you have to eat (and shit) on that diet. The cheapest frozen pizzas are under $1 for about 500kcal (guessing) - so $3 in frozen pizza and $1 in soda will keep you alive just as well as the healthy alternative.
    And it's low effort. I like cooking, but I know a lot of people don't.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-20-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    It's not more expensive to eat healthy. Think about what goes into the high cal foods of dairy and meat. They come from animals who have to eat a lot of grain/veg to put on the weight that gets concentrated in their meat and fat and milk. Most of that grain/veg comes out their ass or burned off as calories they use to live, and the farmer still has to pay for it somehow. That extra expense get passed on to you.

So, grain/veg is always going to generally cheaper per calorie than meat/dairy.

here's the prices I quoted and calories per English pound:

carrots 8p, 41 cal, 510 cal/£1
    onions 8p, 40 cal, 500 cal/£1
    broccoli 15p, 34 cal, 227 cal/£1
    celery 25p, 16 cal, 64 cal/£1
    lettuce 5p, 15 cal, 300 cal/£1
    banana 8p, 89 cal, 1210 cal/£1
    tomatoes 20p, 18 cal, 90 cal/£1
    apple 30p, 52 cal, 173 cal/£1
    orange 25p, 47 cal, 138 cal/£1

pizza 50p (cheap variety), 265 cal, 530 cal/£1

On that analysis, the pizza seems like a fairly reasonable deal. But it's mostly bread, and buying plain bread is much much better value.

whole wheat bread, 10p, 313 cal, 3130 cal/£1

Nuts are also good value:

peanuts, 97p, 567 cal, 585 cal/£1

So, if you're not too fucking lazy, buy a loaf of bread, cut it into small pieces, sprinkle some salt and pepper on it, drizzle it with oil, and add some chopped tomatoes and maybe aubergine. Then grill it up, and have a piece of fruit for dessert.

A couple of days later, instead of a cheeseburger and soda, get some raw carrots and celery, dip them in salad dressing or chip dip or hoummus, and after 2 or 3 sticks of each have a handful of peanuts, and you'll be plenty full. You'll also be full of vits/mins and the next day you'll have the greatest shit of your life.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 10-20-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Oh yea soda is good value too:

coca cola 13p, 180 cal, 2571 cal/£1

But not as good as just eating the sugar out of a bowl:

white sugar 7p, 387 cal, 5529 cal/£1

So yea, if all your body needs is calories, then plain white sugar is the #1 food.
    Carrots look good on paper, but try eating 10lb of carrots daily. Fat and sugar are king when it comes to calories per $ that you can realistically consume.
    You can kinda eat healthy on a budget... I don't want to include factory farmed eggs and chicken because I don't think anyone should buy those, but if you're a piece of shit you can get your protein that way. If you eat lots of vegetables - I don't even care how much veggies you eat, the majority of the actual calories you consume are going to be oil and carbs and the veggies are luxury. Rice, Beans, Potatoes... all not great, but better than frozen pizza.

- but actually healthy stuff: greens, coconut oil, cold pressed oil, lean meat, free range eggs, anything fiber, because fiber has no calories... that's the expensive part.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-20-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I had a grilled cheese sandwich with Feta on it with a bowl of chili for lunch.
    Who the hell does that?

It was delicious, BTW.

This is one of those "have you seen it" movies
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Making of a murder Part II is now out on Netflix. I see a 10hours bingewatch in my near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    This is one of those "have you seen it" movies
    I can't see it.

This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    I can't see it.

This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    It's a guy making a grilled cheese sandwich for his son. I guess they don't want anyone to see that.
    I can't see it.

Are you kidding me? In the US no less. This usually happens to me LOL

Maybe this one

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Butter the bread before and after browning?
    Oh yeah.
    That's just gonna get soggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    That's just gonna get soggy.
    Soggily delicious

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    So the other day, Megyn Kelly says it's ok to wear blackface on Hallowe'en. Obviously that's a stupid and insensitive thing to say but it was in the middle of a conversation about all the things you're not supposed to dress up as these days, which included some pretty weird things, like a cowboy, or a nun, or a Mexican. The next show she spends two minutes almost in tears apologizing at the beginning of her show and NBC is still thinking of sacking her.

Has everyone really gotten that uptight, that a TV host can't innocently say something dumb without losing their job? I'm no MK fan, but she wasn't trying to be racist, she just wasn't thinking.

So are we now at the point where you have to stop before every sentence you utter and ask yourself 'oh geez, could this possibly offend somebody somewhere?'. And if we are, what does this say about us? People say dumb shit in real time that they haven't thought through, does there really need to be a word police playing gotcha like this?

Seems to me the sentiment is more important than the words. I think there's a difference between knowingly being racist and just being ignorant. Not sure being ignorant deserves the same penalty that being deliberately racist does.
    Oh and to clarify: She didn't say it was ok to wear blackface NOW, she said it was ok when she was a kid.

Funny thing too, unless she's a lot older than she looks, it wasn't ok when she was a kid either. Maybe the last time it was 'ok' in America was in the 1950s (don't quote me on that, but in Canada I was a kid in the 70s and never saw anyone wear blackface except in old movies, or on TV when the purpose was to make a white person look like an idiot-racist). So not only did she say something insensitive and ignorant, it was also factually incorrect. Really, if anything she should be fired for being stupid, not for supposedly being racist.
    On carnivore diet. Almost to full elimination (gonna purge coffee and half n half this weekend to finally achieve only meat and salt).
    You're a living Chad meme.
    Funny thing too, unless she's a lot older than she looks, it wasn't ok when she was a kid either
    Sure it was. It's ok now, too, it's just there are a imperial fuck ton of morons who think it's racist.
    ongies gonna ong
    Sure it was. It's ok now, too, it's just there are a imperial fuck ton of morons who think it's racist.
    It's been considered in bad taste at least by pretty much everyone for decades. It may not have the same associations with racism here as in the US, I will grant you that.
    On carnivore diet. Almost to full elimination (gonna purge coffee and half n half this weekend to finally achieve only meat and salt).
    Serious question: What are you trying to accomplish?

Not serious: You know Jordan Peterson is not a nutritionist right?
    It's been considered in bad taste at least by pretty much everyone for decades. It may not have the same associations with racism here as in the US, I will grant you that.
    It was risky in the 80's, but you could pull it off. You just had to ensure your behaviour wasn't a negative stereotype, I mean if you black up and then pretend to steal things then maybe you're being racist. But if you do a Dan Negranu and pretend to be a Rasta, rolling a spliff while saying "ting" instead of "thing", well yeah it's socially in bad taste, but it shouldn't be. It's white people who find that offensive.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't get why you'd only want to eat meat. I like all that other stuff. Is this just an edgy revolt against veganism?
    I don't get why you'd only want to eat meat. I like all that other stuff. Is this just an edgy revolt against veganism?
    From what I can gather, the argument is along the lines that carbs are fattening, and plants contain toxins. So the all-meat diet is meant to help you lose weight and rid yourself of bad plant stuff.
    Wuf is fat so makes sense.
    Ur momma etc
    ongies gonna ong
    it's socially in bad taste, but it shouldn't be. It's white people who find that offensive.
    No, it's everyone.

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/70895...s-so-offensive
    From what I can gather, the argument is along the lines that carbs are fattening, and plants contain toxins. So the all-meat diet is meant to help you lose weight and rid yourself of bad plant stuff.
    Hormones
    Antibiotics
    Antibiotics even in the feed

The amount of shit people can convince themselves of is baffling

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    An article like that would actually be good if it just said why it's racist and explained it to people. Unfortunately it does so in the most patronising way where the writer thinks they are so much better than everyone that all it would do is annoy people who don't understand and make them dig in their position.

It's not like people under 40 have a vivid recollection of things like minstrel shows. In fact the act of blacking up for a costume isn't an inherently racist thing at all so it's pretty easy to understand why people wouldn't get it.
    If a man wears makeup, is he being sexist? What if he talks in a higher pitched voice?
    ongies gonna ong
    If a man wears makeup, is he being sexist? What if he talks in a higher pitched voice?
    I imagine the answer according to most people is that if he is doing it to mock women, then 'yes'.