Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 137 of 420 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,275 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Here's one way to look at it: if you go to failure, then that means that the only rep that mattered is the failure rep. This is because every other rep was easier, and thus isn't providing you the benefit that the final rep does. So then take that logic and you find that all you should ever do is max singles. But it's easy to see that if you did that you wouldn't gain much strength and would only just injure yourself and get sick pretty much constantly. Even hardcores who love going to failure and doing maxes don't to it at that frequency

This means that it doesn't work the way I just suggest. It means the failure rep isn't the only one that matters. So then if we take failure out of the equation, we still get significant benefit. But if that's the case, then failure isn't necessary in the first place because we can just do something like up the volume of the non-failure reps while getting the same benefit

But it's even more than that. The evidence is very strong that failure is more harmful than beneficial. Knowledge of this isn't perfect, but it is somewhere around exerting power at 60-80% of max is most optimal. Honestly, I think the reason why it's at those percentages and not lower is because if you go lower, you've essentially changed form into a different activity. Imagine Dimas training with 40% of his max. He couldn't do it because the weight is too light in order to have proper form. His power exertion would decline in order to just keep the form. So basically this all shows that optimal weight range is the one where you can optimize both form and speed

Add in some slow eccentrics and you have as good of a training philosophy as I can think of.
    I'm not going to go point by point on all this, just keep a few things in mind:
    - That probably wasn't the best video but the main point of me posting it was to show back angle among lifters. Even guys with fairly good leverages and wearing heeled shoes still get bent over a little bit and that is perfectly normal.

- That was just one video. I know the coach has used and experimented with many different programs over the years, and even some of his athletes are doing different things now. As well that was just one workout, we don't really know where they were as far as how long out from a competition, let alone where specifically in that squat cycle they were. From the looks of it a lot of those lifters were probably about to get a reset.

- They obviously need to work at a high % of their max (arguably in snatch, C&J, and squat) at least some of the time, as the goal of the sport is basically to preform max singles of snatch and c&j

- Being a lot of those guys were doing multiple sets of 5, if they are above 80% of max it's not by much.

- I don't know the specifics of every lifter there obviously, but I know some do multiple sessions some/most days of the week, but it's not like we are talking about state-sponsored pro athletes here so I don't know how practical it is for them to have 5 lifting sessions a day ala more of a bulgarian structure. Plus that kind of structure is known to wreck a lot of lifters.
    ...I keep loosing weight, and idk why.

I'm down to 105. I'm not even really exercising much at all besides walking through woods and stuff like that. I'm slightly worried
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post

I'm down to 105. I'm not even really exercising much at all besides walking through woods and stuff like that. I'm slightly worried
    Sure you're eating enough?

So many girls I know have such awful eating habits.

Isn't that something you'd be happy about?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Isn't that something you'd be happy about?
    well yeah, but, i'm literally confused how the fuck i've lost all this weight.

it's also weird that i bought a pair of size 1 shorts yesterday
    You can burn a lot of calories from walking, just on the grounds (pardon the pun) of how much you can do cumulatively. that and maybe you are eating better, and it's not that hard to lose a good amount of weight. either that or you have the aids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    You can burn a lot of calories from walking, just on the grounds (pardon the pun) of how much you can do cumulatively. that and maybe you are eating better, and it's not that hard to lose a good amount of weight. either that or you have the aids.

idk, maybe a mile in a week.
    probably am eating better, and i drink a lot more hot[warm] tea with honey and lemon vs sugar. could eating slower help with weight loss too?

negative on the aids. however one of my aunts does have HIV cause her dead husband "went to a dentist in mexico" and gave it to her. i stay away from her cause of her ignorant and naive bullshit though, plus she lives in FL.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...azzy-Jeff.html

So many childhoods repped right there
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 05-25-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Everybody has their own means and needs. I would buy a vitamix before I would buy a gold-plated toilet for example.
    It's an appliance that is going to be very good at its purpose, and last a long time. The entry price is the only thing keeping me away at the moment, but also a lack of comprehensive and objective blender reviews, say blendtec vs ninja vs vitamix vs cuisinart vs breville etc.

All the vitamix pro 300 amazon reviews are glowing however. Gonna feel like Will Smith in "Enemy of the State" though.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    My $20 blender has been very good at its purpose and has lasted a long time. I'm sure that sounds kind of snobby and not informed about what a high level blender can do but my advice is that if you have any reservations about spending $500 on a blender, you probably shouldn't.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O9H0O8gko

Great movie by the way, for multiple reasons
    Vitamix is the shit there is no better for smoothies. I prefer smoothies over juicing unless your trying to over compensate nutrients.
    My take on it has always been that it will definitely blend yer shit smoother, but is it really $400+ worth of smoother?

If you currently have no blender and are thinking of hopping on the bandwagon, I'd defo get a cheap one first. If you already have one and it's in some way unsatisfactory I guess that's a different story.

But I am poor.
    That said, I have a $100 cuisanart I've used for 3 years. And I'd never pay for a vitamix. Smoothies just aren't that important at this time. I drink 2 a week of I'm lucky
    idk, maybe a mile in a week.
    probably am eating better, and i drink a lot more hot[warm] tea with honey and lemon vs sugar. could eating slower help with weight loss too?

negative on the aids. however one of my aunts does have HIV cause her dead husband "went to a dentist in mexico" and gave it to her. i stay away from her cause of her ignorant and naive bullshit though, plus she lives in FL.
    Chelle, are you sure your uncle got aids with the dentist? Don't be so naive. There are higher odds that he got aids in a whorehouse.
    Last edited by ChipEaterMan; 05-26-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    50/50
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipEaterMan View Post
    Chelle, are you sure your uncle got aids with the dentist? Don't be so naive. There are higher odds that he got aids in a whorehouse.
    I was thinking something along those lines but the noticed the cleverly placed quotation marks.

Chelle about the weight thing, there are so many potentially confounding variables that it's hard to say. 'probably am eating better' could mean so many things. Track things better, if you care to that is. Tea itself could be a slightly benefit and eating slower is irrelevant by itself but could help indirectly if it makes you eat less.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I want to say most of this is correct and great advice. A few things that need to be cleared up.
    After doing leg day today, my squats seemed to be pretty good (even though I'm probably still making lots of mistakes), was squatting deep, only doing 30kg (5s on each side of the bar) after warming up with just the bar and my general form was quite good.

Is it normal, or proof my form is pants still, that I can feel my knees when sitting down, walking up/down stairs etc. It's not painful by any means it's just that I can feel it. Is this just because I've worked my knees more today than I probably ever have and they are just tired or do I need to tweak something?
    If it's the muscles you're good. If it's behind the kneecap or the back of the knee you may have problems. There is no muscle in the knees. If you feel them that may be the tight/sore muscles pulling on them or they could be a little inflamed from the movement. Rule of thumb is 48 hours. If it doesn't start to feel better after that then you may have problems. And you should be a little less sore the next time. If pain is getting worse after every workout there is a problem.
    Received a blank fax at the office on Friday - nothing but the date/time stamp, page count (1/1) and sender ID - Canadian National Institute for the Blind.

True story.
    I was thinking something along those lines but the noticed the cleverly placed quotation marks.

Chelle about the weight thing, there are so many potentially confounding variables that it's hard to say. 'probably am eating better' could mean so many things. Track things better, if you care to that is. Tea itself could be a slightly benefit and eating slower is irrelevant by itself but could help indirectly if it makes you eat less.

ty lukie for noticing that and not thinking i'm as naive and ignorant as the rest of my family.

I probably should have mentioned the whole not being on any form of medication that made me get all fatty in the first place. By eating better I mean I make most the stuff I eat, and I know exactly what goes into the meals. I'm rare to eat fast-food, unless my blood sugar drops. I'm going to the cardiologist in a week or so cause of a heart condition I have that's been giving me fucking hell lately. I'll probably have blood work done, so mebbe he can halp as well. I haven't been eating a lot of stuff with sugar in it, and I usually use honey to sweeten things.

I think I'm just stunned with my body/my mental status as of late because the last almost 5 years my mental health was in the shitter, and my physical health kinda' went with it. So, it's surprising to me that when I stop taking man-made medicines to treat stuff, and I just nurture myself mentally and physically that shit makes a complete 180. It's scary, and I think that's why I'm worried. I'm more of myself, everyone in my family that had seen me in the last 5 years vs the last half year, they have commented on how better I look, act, and how I seem more myself. Which I guess the whole "being myself" is true since I'm much more integrated, thus being more myself.

tl;dr - life is batshit insane. i'm a female. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kitchens + wimmens = nomnomnom
    in movies, whenever the heroes run into the big scary monster for the first time, the big scary monster's opening move is always posturing and screaming their damned fool head off instead of just straight up kicking ass like they should. don't they understand that it's -EV to give the heroes any time to luckbox the inevitable kill?
    Hmm... so movies aren't like real life? Whowouldathunkit.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    Hmm... so movies aren't like real life? Whowouldathunkit.
    In real life, the big scary monster is your mom.
    cuz she so fat
    i'm 28, and assuming I'll live to be 80 (optimistic), that's 52 years left, or 18980 days. That's not a whole lot folks, let's make the most of today.
    tomorrow's another day, take it easy
    In real life, the big scary monster is your mom.
    Did she make noises like that before you paid to bang here?
    Last edited by supa; 05-27-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: It's funny cuz d0zer paid to have sex with my big fat monster mom.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    tomorrow's another day, take it easy
    tomorrow never comes. :O
    tomorrow never comes. :O
    How unfortunate for her.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    How unfortunate for her.

or him. god, don't be sexist.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business

I just found out about this video and it made my week. They put it together an auto-tune song from this review of Five Guys Burgers.
    lol good call that guy was ripe for autotuning.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Thank you for washing your ass

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    I love how this thread, by definition, cannot be derailed.

It is Lukie proof.
    Saw a gif years and years ago and joked that if I was ever going to kill myself this is how I'd do it. Came across it again today.

I love how this thread, by definition, cannot be derailed.

It is Lukie proof.
    now that we're onto semantics and such, nothing in this thread is actually truly random.
    arguably everything is, we definitely don't know this
    peach cobbler.
    but then we don't need a thread especially for it then, since all threads are random.

also what is peach cobbler? whatever it is it sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    now that we're onto semantics and such, nothing in this thread is actually truly random.
    it can't be derailed because it is supposed to be random

there is no such thing as derailment in the randomness thread

or maybe now I am understanding what you are saying
    peach cobbler.
    This always seemed like a type of Georgian turkey to me.
    I always try to overstuff my omelettes cuz I like lots of stuff.

Today I put fresh parsley & basil in that slut, loaded her full of tomatoes & old cheddar. got a little bit of that hard fried cheese thing on the bottom going which was pretty f'n good. Overall it was a bit of an ill-conceived mess cuz I did lazy man's omelette and too much diced watery tomatoes made it not stick together so well. The cheese saved the day though. that is all.
    also what is peach cobbler? whatever it is it sounds good.
    Simple answer - http://www.squidoo.com/peach-cobbler-recipe-easy
    But - I cream the sugar/brownsugar/cinnamon/groundcloves/groundnutmeg in with melted non-salted butter, add the flour and milk, stir, then add peaches + peach syrup stuff.

I probably use 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of clove and same with nutmeg.

No idea how much flour and milk, though.

I kind of suck at following recipes to the "T", but they always turn out amazingly. I'm rare to measure anything, which sucks cause I can't ever re-create a bad-ass recipe I came up with to get the exact same amazing result.

922832_545282042189286_738337765_n.jpg
    oh, so i got in really cold ass fucking water yesterday that comes off a waterfall. did i mention it was cold?
    That looks like something I wouldn't want to eat.
    oh, so i got in really cold ass fucking water yesterday that comes off a waterfall. did i mention it was cold?
    Nipples could cut glass. Amirite?
    Ugh wtf
    fun fact, my mother always winged it when it came to cooking, but when it came to baking she made a point of saying that measuring everything according to recipe is key to success.
    Not sure if you're making fun of her or sharing her wisdom, but that sounds pretty reasonable/accurate to me
    i guess it's a bit of both.
    both her baking and cooking was amazing
    Sex with your Mom was formulaic too.
    but she's dead
    Confirmed.
    are you my daddy?
    Dead women can't get pregnant
    Today is a very good day and i'm in a good mood, so now i proceed to get some sleep to cap this awesome day!

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    i apparently had a bit to drink lst night. not the drunk thread but hey it's this thread. i just ordered chinese delivery - weather's horrible, don't wanna exit house.
    Dead women can't get pregnant
    I imagine then probably could if you were quick enough.
    but I'm not, ladies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Today is a very good day and i'm in a good mood
    I want to wish you good luck and all the best
    ok jack's started talking to himself... anybody have a number for a therapist?
    but I'm not, ladies
    I imagine being quick would be a positive thing in your case.
    That's the same thing I have thought for my entire life. Then I tried some that I made. It's delish. Also tried deviled eggs for the first time this year, let's just say, since March I've had at least 24 deviled eggs. I'm confused how I've lost weight instead of gained.

Diamond. Could cut diamond. Fucking water was cold. But worth it. Thankfully the rocks beside the water had been taking in heat from the sun all day - so I laid on 'em afterwards, and didn't even need a towel.

Gimme about 6 or so years, and I'll have one.

So - how the fuck do you make saggy skin go away? IDK if it's saggy like a lot of wimmens have it, but, since I got up to like 164 lbs, and now I'm down to 104.8 lbs, I feel flabby and gross. Still feel fat, but, that's cause I'm a retarded wimmens.
    That's the same thing I have thought for my entire life. Then I tried some that I made. It's delish. Also tried deviled eggs for the first time this year, let's just say, since March I've had at least 24 deviled eggs. I'm confused how I've lost weight instead of gained.

Diamond. Could cut diamond. Fucking water was cold. But worth it. Thankfully the rocks beside the water had been taking in heat from the sun all day - so I laid on 'em afterwards, and didn't even need a towel.

Gimme about 6 or so years, and I'll have one.

So - how the fuck do you make saggy skin go away? IDK if it's saggy like a lot of wimmens have it, but, since I got up to like 164 lbs, and now I'm down to 104.8 lbs, I feel flabby and gross. Still feel fat, but, that's cause I'm a retarded wimmens.
    I thought we were quoting this thread? http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...od-194783.html

Although I could use a therapist atm. My ex-fiancee is driving me up the wall, I'm so agitated atm I can't even focus on playing poker.. :/

edit: omg I just realized it's a jack sawyer - jackvance joke
    Last edited by jackvance; 06-02-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    I thought we were quoting this thread? http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...od-194783.html

Although I could use a therapist atm. My ex-fiancee is driving me up the wall, I'm so agitated atm I can't even focus on playing poker.. :/
    Ignore her calls/texts, if you can, if she comes to your place, don't let her in, call the cops and tell 'em someone is trespassing. If she's fucking with your focus, thus your income, get her the fuck out of your life, and don't let her back in.

Take a walk outside. Do something that lightens your mood, without hurting yourself or others. You need to re-focus on things that are important to you, that make you feel good without adding shit in that could effect your health in a negative way. If singing makes you feel good, sing. If cooking makes you feel good, cook. If pissing in the middle of a forest helps, do that too, as long as no one is around.

Basically - if someone is effecting your life in a negative way, and they don't bring anything positive to the table, get them out of your life. You have the say who is in, and who is not.

The end of the day - the only person you have to answer to yourself, if you offend someone, oh well, they aren't in your shoes.

tl;dr - touchy feely shit. ignore the bitch, chill the fuck out, be happy, and do your thang.
    She's more devious than that. After not talking to her for a few months we talked on skype again, friendly but only fluff. Then yesterday night she posts a fb status update "I don't think I've ever loved anyone like I love you". With a bunch of responses from ppl saying how great that is. Then today she posts "I love him so much.. I'd do anything for him!" .. when I confronted her about it, she just sheepishly said she felt like posting that about me. You have to know she has a bit of a diva complex (from ppl always telling her how pretty she is I think, although she could def lose some weight). So I ask her if she can finally return something of mine, she says "later" and then proceeds to not say anything anymore to my further talk. Wtf women.
    She's more devious than that. After not talking to her for a few months we talked on skype again, friendly but only fluff. Then yesterday night she posts a fb status update "I don't think I've ever loved anyone like I love you". With a bunch of responses from ppl saying how great that is. Then today she posts "I love him so much.. I'd do anything for him!" .. when I confronted her about it, she just sheepishly said she felt like posting that about me. You have to know she has a bit of a diva complex (from ppl always telling her how pretty she is I think, although she could def lose some weight). So I ask her if she can finally return something of mine, she says "later" and then proceeds to not say anything anymore to my further talk. Wtf women.

Option 1 - Unfriend her. Block her. Don't feed into her attention seeking shit and buy a new thing to replace the one she has. Mark up the money you had to spend on the new thing to not having to deal with her manipulative bullshit.

Option 2 - Keep her in your circle of people, be dragged into drama and soap opera type'a shit and be annoyed with her immature childish shit.

Option 3 - Keep yourself emotionally distanced from her, trick her into getting your shit to you (within a week), unfriend her, block her, and cut all ties.

Wimmens have weird ideas, and a lot of them fucked in their head. I say this because I'm a wimmens, and I know. I've just recently figured out logic, and it's confusing for us lady-folk. You can't blame us, we feel so out of place when we aren't whining or in the kitchen.
    An ex is an ex for a reason. Maybe even more than just one.

Someone should obviously call Admiral Ackbar.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Option 1 - Unfriend her. Block her. Don't feed into her attention seeking shit and buy a new thing to replace the one she has. Mark up the money you had to spend on the new thing to not having to deal with her manipulative bullshit.

Option 2 - Keep her in your circle of people, be dragged into drama and soap opera type'a shit and be annoyed with her immature childish shit.

Option 3 - Keep yourself emotionally distanced from her, trick her into getting your shit to you (within a week), unfriend her, block her, and cut all ties.

Wimmens have weird ideas, and a lot of them fucked in their head. I say this because I'm a wimmens, and I know. I've just recently figured out logic, and it's confusing for us lady-folk. You can't blame us, we feel so out of place when we aren't whining or in the kitchen.

To be fair, I hear "logic isn't everything" from men on occasion too, but yeah, mostly from women. It's such an ugh statement. What are you even saying? The only way you could possibly come to that conclusion is through (obviously faulty) logic.
    FTR rule 54: Jack Sawyer knows everything about relationships