Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 134 of 420 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,050 of 31490
    i like flip-flops that have a good sole to them. i have to be careful with what shoes i wear. i think it was last year i got achilles tendinitis, had to wear ankle braces, and a thing in the back of my shoes. also had to stop wearing flats. still have no idea how the fuck it happened, but holy fuck, that shit sucked hard.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    Just communicate using international-friendly units ffs Nobody cares if you think it's cute to use antiquated measurement systems, making us do work to understand what you mean is just cruel
    angry faced emotioncon confirmed goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    being cool means walking barefoot on glass.

BAREFOOT MOTHER FUCKERS
    ha.

I think Birkenstocks are where it's at. I've never had a pair, but everyone I've ever spoken to who has owned a pair swears by them.
    physicists are defo cool*

*source: kingnats
    Confirmed.

Source: They make the coolest toys possible.

Also, monkeys are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    ha.

I think Birkenstocks are where it's at. I've never had a pair, but everyone I've ever spoken to who has owned a pair swears by them.
    I own a pair but was never that impressed by them. The biggest problem I have with them is shit tends to get between the sole and your foot and it's a bitch to get out without taking off the sandal. I own a pair of pretty pricey Reef flips that I've had for over 10 years. They form fit like Birks but are way more comfortable imo.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    My biggest problem with flip flops, bikini, or overstrap, is that they always rub my skin raw if I wear them enough.

Also while it's nice to just have soles on your feet and nothing else when it's super hot out, and it's easy to slip in and slip out, but they decrease your mobility so much-- I feel like a invalid, gimping around, unable to run, unable to walk fast, etc.
    I rock a pair of these in the hottest of summer and they stay on surprisingly well, and don't have any dominant painful rub spot:

Life is awesome. So celebrate. Take a moment to smell the roses. And the coffee.

Don't forget to smile while you're at it

My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    i wear flip flops only to the pool i see some people where them to the gym lol
    the 10,000th post itt is coming. I hope it doesn't go to some new guy with two posts.
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    or me
    Around these parts flip flops are mostly just worn by women.
    It's all about the brown leather Jesus sandal. Flip flops are shite. The only good thing about them is ease of putting on and taking off.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.

I do have a pair, don't wear them with socks though. They are comfortable. No they don't look very cool.
    I like those ^ more than I like those velcro strap sandals. And they do look waaaay more comfy.

I don't have much room to talk about the looks of things, cause my dogbb chewed some of my flip-flop things up, but I don't care cause they're comfy, and still look kinda' okay. when I find a pair of flip-flops that are as comfy as these, these are gone.
    I even prefer crocs to flip flops. Open toe = bleeding foot for someone as clumsy as me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Why do people wear flip-flops? I look at them and think, they are useless for running in, would be a disadvantage in any sort of confrontation, and in case of an accident good bye feet. They also happen to look horrible in a fashion sense with the exception of being at the beach or a pool.

I keep a pair for my balcony and that's about it.
    comfort.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    I guess that is all subjective. Personally I feel that wearing some sort of casual/athletic shoe with ankle socks >>> sandals as far as comfort. Nothing to rub your feet raw, no having to walk funny and readjust your feet, and it's much less likely that you get some sort of rock or other foreign object stuck under the bottom of your foot.

Going to the beach is one thing or if it's 100 degrees out and wearing sandals is going to help alleviate that then that's one thing. My post was more geared to the serial flip-flopper who wears them with jeans when it's 60 out. I wonder whether he has thought through what would happen if someone accidentally dropped a bottle next to him, or if he got into a bad accident on the way home. Or is it weird that I think through unlikely possibilities? That's an honest question.
    My gf had a pint glass land on her foot whilst wearing flip flops and now can't feel anything in her big toe.
    physicists are defo cool*

*source: kingnats
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    ouch... I was actually thinking more along the lines of glass lands near your feet, shatters and goes everywhere, and little glass is embedded under your feet. It doesn't even have to be that though. There are all sorts of things that can happen with people dropping stuff or hot liquids or heck, just some fatass who steps on you. These things happen from time to time.

anyway 10k post is coming up and damnit I didn't mean to re-ignite the sandal talk, lol.
    if you try to make it the 10k post, does it count as random?
    BOOM
    10K baby!

Last edited by jyms; 05-13-2013 at 12:45 PM.

boomshakalaka! ship me the 10k
    Lol lol lol

boomshakalaka! ship me the 10k
    Close
    9999 replies, but 10,000 posts. Nah mean. So now let's down and dirty and split some hairs.
    Wuf tops the leaderboard itt by some distance
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    9999 replies, but 10,000 posts. Nah mean. So now let's down and dirty and split some hairs.
    Watching The Godfather Part I, Coppola's Restoration. I forgot how good this movie is.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    I guess that is all subjective. Personally I feel that wearing some sort of casual/athletic shoe with ankle socks >>> sandals as far as comfort. Nothing to rub your feet raw, no having to walk funny and readjust your feet, and it's much less likely that you get some sort of rock or other foreign object stuck under the bottom of your foot.

Going to the beach is one thing or if it's 100 degrees out and wearing sandals is going to help alleviate that then that's one thing. My post was more geared to the serial flip-flopper who wears them with jeans when it's 60 out. I wonder whether he has thought through what would happen if someone accidentally dropped a bottle next to him, or if he got into a bad accident on the way home. Or is it weird that I think through unlikely possibilities? That's an honest question.
    I wouldn't say weird, I'd say you're cautious about your feets, which isn't a bad thing, since if you don't have feets, it's kinda hard to walk.
    I bought some hiking boots sometime last year, because I'm thinking of doing some trekking. I started wearing them around, to walk to work, to just walk around in general, day hikes, etc, so that they would be good and broken in. Now they are my most frequently worn shoe. They are so comfortable, offer so much support, and short of a steel toe work boot, they are about as tough as you're gonna get. Oh and they are breathable Gortex. In sweltering heat, or playing sports, they wouldn't be great, but they are a fantastic everyday shoe if you're an active person.
    Confession time - I don't split oreos
    I don't even like them.
    Ha, its funny because no one could possibly dislike oreos. Good one rong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I don't even like them.
    ...you are soulless.

in other news, ohmygod life is insane. not going into many details right now, but omgomgomgomg.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I don't even like them.
    I agree, everything about them is mediocre. I'm pretty sure everyone is just nostalgic about them from some childhood association.
    dude, vb4 sucks balls.

I just wrote a long reply in the quick reply box, then hit the big orange button that says "+ Reply to Thread"

Everything is ruined. EVERYTHING.
    Oreo's are good if you soak them in milk just long enough to make them soft. Otherwise, meh.
    dude, vb4 sucks balls.

I just wrote a long reply in the quick reply box, then hit the big orange button that says "+ Reply to Thread"

have done this twice now myself
    wonder if permanently removing a post in this thread would reduce the post count and make jyms lose his 10k...
    best idea I have heard (read) all day
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipEaterMan View Post

...oddly want.
    dude, vb4 sucks balls.

That is seriously super funny. Why would it erase everything in there? Craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Cuz it's like, "oh, you want to make a post? Here, let me give you a text box to type it in. Hmm... where can I find one of those? Oh, here, I'm sure no one's using this one, let me just clear it out for you! Is there anything else I can help you with today?"
    internet rule of thumb: after typing out a long message, make sure you hit ctrl + c before clicking on any buttons
    ok but wow that is really retarded.
    i type out long posts in a text editor to be extra nitty.
    also, try tab-enter for sending. tabs you over to the "post quick reply" button, enter activates button ldo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    wonder if permanently removing a post in this thread would reduce the post count and make jyms lose his 10k...
    Just as easy to merge a post to take me back to 10K as well. I would really hate to have to check on this all the time since I'm so busy deleting spam and would hate to have to stop doing that.
    internet rule of thumb: after typing out a long message, make sure you hit ctrl + c before clicking on any buttons
    yeah, I normally do this. This time I didn't...
    Some douche is just giving out the pw in the chat. GP333707 is his name.
    How the hell did that happen? I typed that in a different thread, different sub-forum even.
    So i just heard deep squatting is actually good for you. I used to think forever that parallel was as low as you should go.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    So i just heard deep squatting is actually good for you. I used to think forever that parallel was as low as you should go.
    Lol eastern toilets
    All depends on your technique, if you're doing it deep with poor technique your knees will die.
    Always strive to squat deep, your knees will thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luco View Post
    Lol eastern toilets

Ya this

Deep squatting is great. There's nothing wrong with working joints and the musculature through a full range of motion in a perfectly natural movement. Well perfectly natural for much of human history and much of the world-- many people have all sorts of issues from sitting on chairs and couches for such an inordinate amount of time (insanely tight hips and ankles, for starters.)
    The myth of the full squat being bad was driven by bros who needed a way to convince themselves they're not weak. They cut the range in half and congratulate themselves on "squatting" heavy
    what in the what
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Always strive to squat deep, your knees will thank you for it.

I think it's funny how babies are born knowing how to do the perfect squat. I can't remember if it was on here or Reddit where it was discussed. Something I never noticed before though.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    to be fair it's how you're sposed to poop
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    The myth of the full squat being bad was driven by bros who needed a way to convince themselves they're not weak. They cut the range in half and congratulate themselves on "squatting" heavy
    probably true

but now the above parallel squat is prevelant among american football teams and even powerlifters who need an ego boost (google: spf squat compilation)

these days bros are doing leg presses and leg extensions. ok let's be serious here, bros are doing cable crossovers and biceps curls.
    wow I just watched that again and I feel less athletic just for watching it. summary: a bunch of fatasses wearing double ply suits taking massive amounts of weight out of a monolift and hitting a half squat. don't get me wrong, anyone who can do anything with 1,000 lb is strong as hell, and I am no powerlifter even though I do all the lifts, but I am much more impressed with IPF style squats to proper depth or even some strongass weightlifters who use back squats as an (extremely important) assistance exercise, even if the weight is usually less.
    I'd bet almost any amount of money that as impressive as those lifts seem, they couldn't do half that weight without the suits and knee wraps from the bottom of a full squat.

I get tht this is about competition lifting but the problem is now everyone in the bro community thinks weight on the bar equals size. They wonder why they have busted ass backs, knees, shoulders and elbows. You need to define what your goals are, and if they are health, body comp and injury free long life, you need to say fuck the weight and do what's going to get you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I get tht this is about competition lifting but the problem is now everyone in the bro community thinks weight on the bar equals size. They wonder why they have busted ass backs, knees, shoulders and elbows. You need to define what your goals are, and if they are health, body comp and injury free long life, you need to say fuck the weight and do what's going to get you there.
    LOL bro community

I agree with this. In the world outside the gym, no one knows you did 500 pounds for reps. No one gives a shit, really.

How about bench presses? Stop at elbows forming an "L" or should the bar almost or even touch your chest?

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    pftttttt wugy got banned
    what for?
    good question. probably for having an unacceptably high wpp.