Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Pair of Queens Ace Kicker vs Raise

Default Pair of Queens Ace Kicker vs Raise

What's the play here? (btw, is it ok to post hands this way?)

It's not ok.post HH. We cant be guessing pre/post action to give the best advice. People need to see what happened from the beginning of the hand up to the point you are confuzed to be able to give yhe best suggestion about playing the hand.

I guess though villain opened pre 3bb and you called. You donked flop and he minraised. In this case you can 3bet/fold like 50c since his minraise/call range at 2nl on that flop is KJ/FD/J9/Qx or even wider. w/o anyother reads on vllain fold on shove.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Low stakes but that does not change the game or at least it shouldn't. You have got top pair with an A kicker and have just been re-raised. There is a flush draw on the board and you have got the A. Your bet suggests you are drawing the flush and the villain is re-raising with a Q or 10 or possibly both. If you re-raise you might scare him off and I think you are ahead here with the A if a heart hits so I would call here and see what the Turn brings. My thoughts for what they are worth.
    Scottish Cowboy
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    Razvan, he can't 3-bet fold for 1 dollar stacks. It's an easy 3-bet call.
    Missed to see villain's stack. In this case yes. Standard 3bet /call. i guees i can add for OP it's a high variance spot but w/ a +EV outcome.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Cheers guys...I've got some tracking software now so can post hands etc...will be back soon..
    reraise or push.........
    Yeah, at this point you've gotta decide if you wanna play for villains whole stack ($1 plus the 10 cents you need to call) or fold.

Assuming that the pre-flop action went [you bet 10 cents, villain raised it to 20 cents], I would be comfortable playing for his entire stack (assuming villain is a random opponent).

I would re-raise it to 60 or 70 cents total...and then call a re-raise, or just go all-in on the turn in he just calls the flop raise.

Edit: I'm not sure how the pre-flop action went, but this wouldn't be a terrible board to check/call the flop, instead of leading out for a 10 cent bet on the flop.