Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

KK overpair vs maniac on 4 straight river

Default KK overpair vs maniac on 4 straight river

villain is loose and maniac pre, stationy post, prepared to bluff sometimes - i probably look kinda TAG this time around

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($39.75)
    Hero (MP2) ($71.10)
    CO ($52.65)
    Button ($55.70)
    SB ($50)
    BB ($53.85)
    UTG ($20)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K
    UTG checks, 1 fold, Hero bets $2.25, 1 fold, Button calls $2.25, 3 folds

Flop: ($5.75) 6, Q, J (2 players)
    Hero bets $3.75, Button calls $3.75

Turn: ($13.25) 9 (2 players)
    Hero bets $10, Button calls $10

River: ($33.25) 8 (2 players)
    ????
    I like a bigger cbet vs someone stationy.

On the river I'd check/fold to most bets. His betting range is Tx and missed flush draws, most other value hands check back this river since scary 4 straight board is scary. Given he 's not bluffing loads postflop I don't think our equity is good enough to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopyDude View Post
    I like a bigger cbet vs someone stationy.
    Daven's gotta think he's way ahead on the flop, so I can see a reason for a 3/4's psb. We don't want to make it too easy for him to play correctly. Seems like Daven could induce a bluff on the river, but I still don't think that's happening tons. I would c/c the river, unless he bets big, like the pot or nearly a psb. The read is he's a horrible fish, and I would guess the best way to give him chances to make a big mistake would be letting him bluff at a hopeless pot.

WARNING: I haven't played much lately, so BIG grain of salt. Be interesting to hear what others think.
    He might call the flop pretty light but after he calls the turn its hard for him not to have you beat there or the river. A10 J10 Q10 910 K10. But like every situation its about the player, I dont know if he would turn hands thet you beat into bluffs (KQ etc) but i doubt he would bet QJ on the river and other hands that have you beat as he fears being raised.
    Looks like a pretty standard c/f