Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 310 of 420 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 23,176 to 23,250 of 31490
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/28...rayon-box.html

What's the over/under on what a 2017 box of crayons, mint condition, will be worth 20 years from now?
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    lolwat?!

Data-free political opinions are pure melodrama.

That guy doesn't see past his own bias. At least, if he does, he gives no indication of seeing humanity in his perceived opponents.

Dat hyperbolic rhetoric, though.
    "We're talking about a culture war, with the emphasis on war."

There's no "war" going on. There aren't battle lines. There's no headlines about Missouri invading Illinois, FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    lolwat?!

Data-free political opinions are pure melodrama.

That guy doesn't see past his own bias. At least, if he does, he gives no indication of seeing humanity in his perceived opponents.

Dat hyperbolic rhetoric, though.
    "We're talking about a culture war, with the emphasis on war."

There's no "war" going on. There aren't battle lines. There's no headlines about Missouri invading Illinois, FFS.

This has been the rhetoric for some time now. The right is losing the culture war.

I don't understand what they are saying, but that's probably because I'm not a card carrying member of the right. But I have to wonder if things have gotten bad enough, that people have to identify as being right wing for video game reviews.

WTF.

full disclosure: I see no point in media reviews at all. Some video game reviews I can tolerate, but movie reviews should be axed.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    This has been the rhetoric for some time now. The right is losing the culture war.
    It's just that I have no idea what they're saying.
    When I think of culture, I don't see a lot of division in America, and when I think of war, I don't see any in America.
    There is tremendous political and economic disagreement, but that characterizes all periods in American history.

What is a culture war?
    What distinguishes the various sides in this war?
    It's just that I have no idea what they're saying.
    When I think of culture, I don't see a lot of division in America, and when I think of war, I don't see any in America.
    There is tremendous political and economic disagreement, but that characterizes all periods in American history.

What is a culture war?
    What distinguishes the various sides in this war?
    I'm not entirely sure what the guy in the video is getting at exactly, but I think the notion of a 'culture war' refers to the idea that one's sides values are being accepted as mainstream whereas the other's aren't. The argument I think he's making is that the media and entertainment and much of what's highly visible in American culture is left wing, so inasmuch as one side has a greater ability to broadcast their ideas to mass audiences, that side is 'winning the culture war.'

Another one

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    I don't get those videos (I've not watched them either) but I blame them for the forum being boring the past 2-3 days.
    Gays, blacks, latinos and women. Idk if I'd say war tho

Another one
    That's just painful to listen to
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    I don't get those videos (I've not watched them either) but I blame them for the forum being boring the past 2-3 days.
    Best I can tell.. one group of people - who already got their kicks out of arguing with another group of people - figured out a thing to say which the other people get riled up about. So the first group keeps saying it, despite it being nonsense.

It's nonsense, because the actual divisions between the sides are talking points, and not cultural differences. You want to talk winning a culture war, let's look at the Amish or Mennonite communities, or the Native American communities.

Your face is boring the past 2 - 3 days.
    Noone wins a fucking culture war. That's because it's not a real war. If culture wars were real things that were either won or lost, then punk would've died a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Noone wins a fucking culture war. That's because it's not a real war. If culture wars were real things that were either won or lost, then punk would've died a long time ago.
    IDK about that.

Wasn't the European conquest of the Americas a pretty straight-forward culture war?

Aztecs really lost the culture war, there. The war war was pretty hard on them, too.
    Wasn't the European conquest of the Americas a pretty straight-forward culture war?
    If you like. I'd say it was a territorial war. Sure, it's two cultures colliding, but ultimately you have an invador and a defender. Bottom line is it's about territory. Culture is not the primary reason that people go to war, it's just what characterises those engaged.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah, there was real warfare, and it was about territory. I'm not denying that at all.

There were definite aspects of culture war, that were also a part of that process.
    E.g. most Native American sports are completely lost, due to the fact that they were outlawed and punishable by death.
    Ultimately it comes down to nothing of any meaning then?

Regulations

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Ultimately it comes down to nothing of any meaning then?
    Pretty much.

Culture war is a real thing, but nothing that resembles culture war is going on in the USA.

WALL STREET JOURNAL CAUGHT FABRICATING STORIES TO DEMONIZE YOUTUBE AS A PLATFORM FOR ADVERTISERS

The epitome of fake news. This one did just happen

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    WRESTLEMANIAAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stab-vest.html

tl;dr - google demonised for allowing youtube vid showing people how to stab through a stab proof vest, implying it puts cop's lives at risk, though if you watch the video turns out he's reviewing a consumer-grade stab proof vest (well below the quality of police-grade), exposing its flaws, and is urging people not to buy it.
    ongies gonna ong
    The amount of revenue Google/Youtube lost because of this

Holy shit they can actually sue the WSJ into oblivion starring Tom Cruise

I am already seeing a few busses full of lawyers pulling up at the courthouse

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stab-vest.html

tl;dr - google demonised for allowing youtube vid showing people how to stab through a stab proof vest, implying it puts cop's lives at risk, though if you watch the video turns out he's reviewing a consumer-grade stab proof vest (well below the quality of police-grade), exposing its flaws, and is urging people not to buy it.
    Traditonal media really really want to see youtube gone, and they go to crazy lengths to get to this goal

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Traditonal media really really want to see youtube gone, and they go to crazy lengths to get to this goal
    Surely it's too big now? Even if they succeed and youtube is brought down, well that creates a vacuum. When it comes to news, LiveLeak is already well placed to take over from youtube, in fact that's a potentially bigger problem for the mainstream because LiveLeak will let you see all the gory details of war, unlike youtube. If youtube falls, lots of people, and I mean lots, will discover a more serious threat to the MSM. Currently, not many people have found LiveLeak, because youtube is so utterly dominant.

Yeah, if they're trying to bring down youtube, their strategy has the potential to backfire horribly.
    ongies gonna ong
    Surely it's too big now? Even if they succeed and youtube is brought down, well that creates a vacuum. When it comes to news, LiveLeak is already well placed to take over from youtube, in fact that's a potentially bigger problem for the mainstream because LiveLeak will let you see all the gory details of war, unlike youtube. If youtube falls, lots of people, and I mean lots, will discover a more serious threat to the MSM. Currently, not many people have found LiveLeak, because youtube is so utterly dominant.

Yeah, if they're trying to bring down youtube, their strategy has the potential to backfire horribly.

When it comes to ads, Goole and therefore Youube is king. That is why they are "Attacking" like this. They want to bring them down, because they want to be able to sell more ads

Hence the going to the advertisers strategy with pwediepie. That was a proof-of-concept attack. The real target was YouTube.

And would you look at that, the rabbit hole goes deeper

http://adage.com/article/digital/eri...crisis/308435/

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    And then H3H3 took it down. The one key component is that the vid was apparently claimed, so it is not 100% clear about what happened to the proceedings.

Still, details: with that amount of views it should have generated $168 or thereabouts. The claimant could only produce receipts for $12. So it's all still dubious.

Obligatory clarification vid here:

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    More about the youtube fiasco

I don’t think having a 10k threshold before payouts can begin is a big deal, the bigger deal is that youtube is casting too wide a net and gutting the revenue of pretty much any youtuber that covers news. And the "offensive" term lists cover things like atheist/ism, which to me is insane.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRyuI6yYGcE
    Now many see this as acceptable damage to their bottom line if it also keeps those filthy conservatives and alt right youtubers down. But it won’t. The bigger draws will continue to make videos as the funding source will just switch to patreon. Larger followings can be tapped for alternative sources of revenue than mere ads. It will hurt youtubers that are coming up though that cannot rely on larger viewers for direct payments to keep them afloat.
    Secular talk, which I watch all the time, is doing ok on patreon:
    https://www.patreon.com/seculartalk
    He’s on the left.
    But I want you all to pay very close attention to someone else. Colin Moriarty a month or so ago had a tweet blow up on womens day that rubbed some people the wrong way, it was kind of an innocuous joke about women being loud on twitter. He got blasted for it, and had a falling out with his partners on kindafunny. Fast forward a bit, he’s on Dave Rubins show and Joe Rogans show collecting sympathy for his mistreatment by those offended little snowflake liberals who can’t tolerate anything that even slightly goes outside the lines. Look at his patreon. I just saw this in the past day.
    https://www.patreon.com/colinslaststand
    That, is insane. He has less than twice the patrons as secular talk, but they are clearly far more intense and willing to drop more money and cash.
    For all of you authoritarian types that seek to use the loss of ads as a cudgel to remove people you dislike from youtube, it’s not going to work long term. Audience size is enough, whether people buy into the ridiculous idea that ads run on a conservative channel = hate speech and therefore the brands that have ads run alongside will be tainted (seriously, anyone who genuinely believes that tripe has mental issues, it takes a special kind of fool to buy into an idea that silly).
    Colin leans to the right on everything but social issues. To me this is another clear example that the desire and impulse to try to shut people down is not going to work. Take away their ad revenue and they make it on with direct payments. What’s next? I hear some people want to go after their patreon accounts. Can we stop that? Can we start going after their trash ideas instead? Can we fight them out in the open and degrade their arguments and ideas in public for all to see rather than try to push them underground (not working!) where they still persist undefeated?
    This losers impulse and ethic among too many liberals is what is making us lose, and short sighted fools cheer this on as if it serves their interests.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Point

I think you may misunderstand the entire issue. Or at least the one that matters for the companies pulling these ads.As a company, I simply want the choice. If I want to advertise on something politically conservative or liberal, that’s fine. I can make that choice to do so. I can make the choice to deal with any "backlash" that may or may not come from that decision.
    If Youtube sprays out my ad across 500K channels about who knows what spewing who knows about anything… I’ve lost my ability to choose what kind of content I want to associate myself with.
    Companies it seems are quickly learning that the Youtube advertising system was nonsense in the first place. They’re seeing the same engagement from targeted ads on channels they are choosing to sponsor as they were when their ads were sprayed across half a million vidoes. Honestly this is probably the most important takeaway from all this and why so many companies are piling on (naive to think it’s politics). They realize they’ve been more or less wasting a lot of money all this time.
    Counterpoint
    If I recall correctly, ad payouts from advertisers and to content makers is based on cpm, clicks per minute. So if it is the case that ads are not targeted well on a particular channel, it will receive fewer clicks, the advertiser will thus pay less money per ad shown, and the content creator will receive less ad money.I don’t know how advertisers pay, but I’d imagine they can pay based on a certain number of clicks reached. So that is not a waste at all. They pay based on clicks, not views of ads that do not garner enough interest for a click. This is orders of magnitude more constructive for an advertiser compared to some sort of broadcast tv model, where the ad feedback is much more dated and sluggish.
    Also, Yes, we all get it. Advertisers ought to be able to place their ad content where they choose, or keep it off places they think would tarnish their brand.
    This goes Far beyond that. The youtube algorithm seems to be turned up to 11 on the aggressive meter. Further, it seems entire categories of content are virtually blacklisted from ads.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lOlFFv_GGo
    Note in that video, David Pakman was contacted by an advertiser who explicitly tried to advertise on his channel, and noticed that ad impressions on his videos (and not others) had tanked in recent days. Youtube changed something so that even though an advertiser wanted to advertise on his channel, the ads were not being shown.
    It seems the larger tech press is asleep on the full extent of what is going on. I mainly know since I watch some of the affected youtubers and see the charts of their dropping revenue.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    haha me a hipster? You have no idea how funny that is.
    I wrote hipster alert because Nevermind is clearly the best Nirvana album and you were trying to pass it off as only popular to mainstream, I do think In Utero has amazing stuff but it doesn't have the scope of Nevermind. I almost wrote depth but I actually think In Utero might be deeper.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Well everyone else's bad day aside, I rediscovered Doctor Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog and I want you to rediscover it all over again too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9kHpCv1ts
    It's been way too long since I've watched this. Thanks, Rilla. You're the best.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Poser
    I remember when I still lived with my parents and used terms like poser or sellout.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    I hope they make a sequel to Dr. Horrible someday. That was a good rewatch.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I wrote hipster alert because Nevermind is clearly the best Nirvana album and you were trying to pass it off as only popular to mainstream, I do think In Utero has amazing stuff but it doesn't have the scope of Nevermind. I almost wrote depth but I actually think In Utero might be deeper.
    Nevermind single handedly changed my music taste. When I heard that, I was blown away, before then I was listening mostly to whatever crap was on the radio. Perhaps I just got bored of hearing it. I mean now, I listen to Nirvana and just pick tunes off youtube. Mostly it's stuff off Incesticide, but sometimes I put on Territorial Pissings (best tune on Nevermind by a million miles), and like a sad teenager, I still sing along, pretending to be a rock star. And when it finishes, I always think *pause* "One baby to another....". That album is still etched into my brain, more so than the others. So it has a more lasting legacy, but only because it was the first time I'd heard Nirvana, and it was after he blew his head off. I caned Nevermind, then discovered the rest and thought "why the fuck wasn't I listening to this sooner?"

Then one day I found the Pixies and suddenly Nirvana stopped being my favourite band.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    It's been way too long since I've watched this. Thanks, Rilla. You're the best.
    I really am.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Can you imagine how good different cultures would be if they skipped all the hateful bullshit and were just like we eat this, ohh shit that's great, we eat this, ohh shit that's great too.

Maybe hateful cultures are just lacking on the culinary skill to impress others.
    What the fuck? You people eat frog's legs? And you call this cheese?
    ongies gonna ong
    Does anyone actually like the French?
    Does anyone actually like the French?
    I think the Belgians do. And perhaps the Swiss.
    ongies gonna ong
    I think the Belgians do. And perhaps the Swiss.
    They make nice chocolate so they should be pretty universally liked.
    My housemate recently got the expansion pack for the new Battlefield game. The French have now entered the war, and the first thing I did when I was first on the French side was turn around and run the wrong way. Oh how we laughed.
    ongies gonna ong
    This is amusing coming from a guy whose country's national dish is fish and chips, and whose idea of spicing a meal is adding salt and pepper.

It's on point though - in Thailand crickets are served to children for lunch at school. Yum!
    I don't get why we're mocked for fish and chips. Everyone likes fish. Everyone likes chips. It's a winner.

Mock the fucking Scottish, what with their sheep's organs, or whatever the fuck haggis is.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    This is amusing coming from a guy whose country's national dish is fish and chips, and whose idea of spicing a meal is adding salt and pepper.

It's on point though - in Thailand crickets are served to children for lunch at school. Yum!
    Never thought I'd hear a canadian criticize anyone else cooking

I guess we can't all have an advanced enough pallete to enjoy moose bladder and tree bark, with a side of poutein.
    Yeah forget the moose bladder, I'll just have some moose steak please. Which bit is the steak? The arse?
    ongies gonna ong
    There was a woman in the background of a travel cooking show (in Singapore, maybe?) who bought a stick with cooked scorpions on it and was eyeing them up like they were the most delicious treat she could imagine.

It kinda blew my mind as far as a cultural experience from my home. I never considered thinking of a scorpion as a food and she was looking at them like they were candy.
    Well that's surprising to me because judging from the photos I've seen, I always assumed an American would and does eat just about everything.
    I don't get why we're mocked for fish and chips. Everyone likes fish. Everyone likes chips. It's a winner.

Mock the fucking Scottish, what with their sheep's organs, or whatever the fuck haggis is.
    F&C is not exactly a culinary delight. Personally, I don't like fish, except salmon and trout. Cod? No thanks.

Do the Scottish still eat the deep fried mars bars, or has that gone out of fashion?
    Well that's surprising to me because judging from the photos I've seen, I always assumed an American would and does eat just about everything.
    Nope. We eat tons and tons of specific things. Most people I know are picky eaters as far as what they'll eat, but extravagant on the quantities of food they eat.
    F&C is not exactly a culinary delight.
    This is dependent on the actual dish and presentation, right?

It's usually a lazy meal I throw together, so nothing spectacular.
    I imagine that a qualified cook/chef could wow me, though.
    This is dependent on the actual dish and presentation, right?

It's usually a lazy meal I throw together, so nothing spectacular.
    I imagine that a qualified cook/chef could wow me, though.

Doubt it. There's only much you can do with chips.

The fish part of fish and chips is battered, deep fried cod afaik. Apart form adding some lemon and some salt, or maybe a tomato-based sauce if you're feeling frisky, it's pretty limited.

The dish itself contains only a meat and a starch, no veg. That in itself should disqualify it as a meal. (You can debate that a potato is indeed a vegetable, but it's a veg that's mostly starch which doesn't count imo).

If you want a fish meal, take a salmon fillet, cut it into chunks and salt it. Put it in a pan with oil, lemon, ginger, salt and sugar. There's some nice fish.

Take some spinach and stir fry it in oil with garlic and salt. There's your veg.

Add some rice and you have your starch.

Do that and you've beaten any version of fish and chips by a mile without really trying imo.
    The fish part of fish and chips is battered, deep fried cod afaik. Apart form adding some lemon and some salt, or maybe a tomato-based sauce if you're feeling frisky, it's pretty limited.
    Yep, this about sums it up. Lemon, salt, vinegar, ketchup, mushy peas...

The dish itself contains only a meat and a starch, no veg. That in itself should disqualify it as a meal. (You can debate that a potato is indeed a vegetable, but it's a veg that's mostly starch which doesn't count imo).
    Mushy peas...

If you want a fish meal, take a salmon fillet, cut it into chunks and salt it. Put it in a pan with oil, lemon, ginger, salt and sugar. There's some nice fish.
    Yes, this would generally be nicer than battered cod... except not with chips. Also, more expensive. Fish and chips from a chippie is cheap, tasty food. It's better than MacDonalds, by a mile. It should be treated as fast food, not a staple.

Do that and you've beaten any version of fish and chips by a mile without really trying imo.
    Right. Now open a shop down the road from me, making this, charging no more than a fiver.

Please.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't like fish, except salmon and trout.
    That's like saying, I don't like Jellybeans, except the black ones. How is it that your preference is for the absolute worst tasting animals on earth?

Do they have haddock where you live?

There's only much you can do with chips.
    What planet are you people from? They're called "FRIES"!!

Mushy peas...
    I'm surprised someone as pedantic as you doesn't know peas are a legume, not a vegetable. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, since at least they're nutritious if not very tasty.

Yes, this would generally be nicer than battered cod... except not with chips. Also, more expensive. Fish and chips from a chippie is cheap, tasty food. It's better than MacDonalds, by a mile. It should be treated as fast food, not a staple.
    Pretty much anything is better than MacD's food, by any standard.

Right. Now open a shop down the road from me, making this, charging no more than a fiver.

Please.
    Being high on the ladder of cheap and fast food does not a nice meal make.
    Seems topical.

The side of me that has worked in customer service would have loved the opportunity to re-accomodate some customers Clockwork Orange style.
    What I cannot figure out is why they wouldn't just up the compensation until 4 people volunteer. In the age of social media this alternative is guaranteed to cost you many more times what you would have to pay people to leave voluntarily.
    Last edited by oskar; 04-11-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    This is just process. The underlings running around at the airport hardly have the right to do any executive decisions regarding the compensation.Would think though with the amount of overbooking on flights nowadays, this would be an everyday problem and they'd have proper protocols in place to deal with these situations. It would have probably been a lot cheaper to rent a private plane to fly these 4 people than do this. Maybe even to give them the plane.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

The protocol afaik was to offer compensation for volunteers, and then to up the compensation a bit. After no volunteers were forthcoming, the protocol says to choose ones at random to give up their seats. It's hard to imagine that they never foresaw the scenario where someone absolutely refuses to go, so one can only assume that means the protocol stage 4 was to call in the heavies. It's clearly not a good business model.

After this incident, the protocol will probably change to having a message read out to the passenger:

"Excuse me sir, but we're scumbags and we've overbooked this flight. No-one else has agreed to our compensation package, so you've been chosen at random to exit the flight. Would you prefer to be given a private jet full of Vegas showgirls to fly you to your destination, or to be dragged kicking and screaming from your seat by some hired goons? The choice is yours."
    I'm surprised someone as pedantic as you doesn't know peas are a legume, not a vegetable. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, since at least they're nutritious if not very tasty.
    Well they count as one of your five a day. Unlike chips, which, pedantically speaking, are vegetables.
    ongies gonna ong
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtG0WyktMM

Youtube's favorite lawyer is on the case.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Well they count as one of your five a day. Unlike chips, which, pedantically speaking, are vegetables.
    That's only because they don't have separate categories for legumes and 'things that are technically vegetables even though they're mostly starch'. The nutritional guides have had to make do.
    I don't have a problem with airlines overbooking flights. Topic for another day but there seems to be some legit operational/economic reasons why they do it.

What I have a problem with, is the forcible removal of this guy. He had a contract with the airline when he bought a ticket, and he got all the way on the plane, and into his seat before there was a problem. If they wanted this guy gone, they should have stopped him from getting on the plane in the first place.

Once he's on, he's not doing anything wrong by staying there. So when the police come and drag him off, that's WAY offsides. The police should not be using force on someone who's not doing anything wrong, and is definitely not committing a crime.

The cops can come. They can sternly ask the guy to leave. But at the end of the day, if the guy stays put, the cops should walk away and say "sorry United, this is YOUR problem"
    I'll bet it sucked for whoever got that guy's seat.

I've been the least popular person on a plane before. It's not an awesome time.
    That's only because they don't have separate categories for legumes and 'things that are technically vegetables even though they're mostly starch'. The nutritional guides have had to make do.
    The point remains, fish chips and mushy peas has a vegetable, whether in practical terms or pedantic terms.
    ongies gonna ong
    The point remains, fish chips and mushy peas has a vegetable, whether in practical terms or pedantic terms.
    Granted. Still not a good meal though imo.
    I guess in the long run, the fact that the other passengers didn't de-board themselves in the immediate wake of this incident says all that needs to be said.

They were ultimately complicit in the process, and continued to support that business after they were made fully aware of that businesses' model and practices.
    All parts of all plants are vegetable.
    Whether or not they're also a legume or a fruit or nut, or contain nutritious value, or are even edible is a different question.

What are you even arguing at this point?
    Granted. Still not a good meal though imo.
    Still better than a lot of other national dishes. Like haggis, and moose bladder.
    ongies gonna ong
    I nearly argued this point, but it's debateable and I didn't have the appetite for an argument about the definition of "vegetable".
    ongies gonna ong
    Whether or not they're also a legume or a fruit or nut, or contain nutritious value, or are even edible is a different question.

What are you even arguing at this point?
    By the strictest definition, wheat is a vegetable.

What's your point?
    I guess in the long run, the fact that the other passengers didn't de-board themselves in the immediate wake of this incident says all that needs to be said.
    It's not clear how that would have helped the situation. Their tickets were already paid for and if they walked off the plane they would have only hurt their own interests, and saved the airline the trouble of paying for the fuel and other incidentals needed to carry their fat asses to their stated destination, and all to no clear end.

They were ultimately complicit in the process, and continued to support that business after they were made fully aware of that businesses' model and practices.
    Complicit would be buying another ticket from the same airline at a later date, not accepting the service you'd already paid for.
    Still better than a lot of other national dishes. Like haggis, and moose bladder.
    I'll have you know Canada's national dish is poutine, which is certainly fucking disgusting. I wouldn't eat it, haggis, or, except as a last resort if given the choice between the three, fish and chips.
    The fact that multiple people filmed the goonery on the plane and at least one of those people went to the trouble to post their film on the internet suggests not all the passengers were 'complicit' in the incident. Also several of them can be heard protesting in the video.

Just because they didn't all run off the plane, douse themselves with gasoline and self-immolate in protest to what they'd just witnessed doesn't mean they were complicit.
    Yeah but those who thought to themself "well I could let the doctor who needs to be at work have my seat, but fuck it, I wanna see my dog", they're complicit.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'll have you know Canada's national dish is poutine, which is certainly fucking disgusting. I wouldn't eat it, haggis, or, except as a last resort if given the choice between the three, fish and chips.
    I'll have you know our national dish is actually roast beef. Ask the French. They find it most amusing to call us "rosbief", even though it's delicious, unlike frog's legs.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah but those who thought to themself "well I could let the doctor who needs to be at work have my seat, but fuck it, I wanna see my dog", they're complicit.
    I can sympathize with that sentiment, but there's always the question of whether the passenger in question is really a doctor or just a dick who himself wants to see his dog and has no qualms in lying about it. It's possible you would not have been convinced of his honesty until you actually saw him being dragged kicking and screaming from the plane. At that time, it would have been too late to offer your seat, since he was clearly going to be taken off the plane either way.

Moreover, the overwhelming responsibility for the incident must without question lay with the airline for not having a proper policy in place for dealing with just such a contingency without resorting to physical force.