Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 308 of 420 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 23,026 to 23,100 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Best one
    ok, that's hilarious
    Has anyone done a gif of her grabbing her hat Indiana Jones style when she closes the door at the end of the drama?
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I don't follow this. You're saying if he did have a good reason to ask he would still just walk away? That seems like a pretty shitty job cop to me.

Either you have a reason to ask and it's enough reason to follow up the question with a search, or you don't and so you shouldn't ask imo.

Would you like a cop asking you what was in your bag for no good reason? What about asking you what's in your pockets? Maybe he can also ask you if you have a receipt for the shirt you're wearing, or where you got your shoes from.
    I don't see why I should be offended that I was asked these questions. Show me a pattern of harassment, and maybe you got something. But we're talking about a singular investigative question, without a stop or seizure.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    I don't see why I should be offended that I was asked these questions. Show me a pattern of harassment, and maybe you got something. But we're talking about a singular investigative question, without a stop or seizure.
    I never said it was grounds for a civil rights suit. I said the cop was being a dick by asking a nosey question that was none of his business. It's really nothing more complicated than that.

The civilian was 5x more of a dick fwiw, even though he was perfectly within his rights as well afaik your law.
    Drunk Bigred here. Reporting in from Melaka, Malaysia. I like Malaysia. The people are friendly and there's Indian food everywhere. I love Indian food.

We (my wife and I) had dinner at a Northern Indian place. Lamb roganjosh, saag paneer, two naans, a rice, and a water all for 30 ringitt. Ringitt to USD it about 1 to 4.5 so it was basically $6 and change. A lot of people I talk to back home are like I wish I had the money you had to go travel the world but shit is so cheap over here. My monthly budget is very close to what I paid rent in NYC and what most people pay for mortgages. Frankly, we've been averaging $50 a day in Malaysia which is pretty awesome.

It's been nice to walk through the different areas and hear the call to prayer (Malaysia's national religion is Islam). I feel like Southeast Asian Muslims, in general, offer such a different viewpoint than what Fox News would have you believe.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    What does Fox News say about Southeast Asian Muslims?
    It just paints a broad brush across all Muslims but you already knew the answer to your question.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    And frankly, I feel like my post was somewhat patronizing of Islam but I've read way too many bullshit posts on Islam in the commune that I felt the need to post that. It depresses me that with my friend group back home I could say "went to Malaysia, it was cool" and my friends would respond with "cool" but here on FTR I feel the need now to justify and defend Muslim communities because of bullshit threads I've had the displeasure of reading.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Also, I type like a fucking champ when drunk.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    It just paints a broad brush across all Muslims but you already knew the answer to your question.
    Do they really? I haven't seen much of it. I've seen a lot about Salafi Islam (a violent political ideology), which tends to originate from the Arab and North African world. But I don't see much about Southeast Asia. This makes sense since SE Asia has a significant streak of Sufi Islam, a mystical interpretation of Muhammad as opposed to the violent literal interpretation of Muhammad.
    Well, you're learned more than most. I think the average Muslim-fearing American would read what you just posted and eyes would glaze over.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    And frankly, I feel like my post was somewhat patronizing of Islam but I've read way too many bullshit posts on Islam in the commune that I felt the need to post that. It depresses me that with my friend group back home I could say "went to Malaysia, it was cool" and my friends would respond with "cool" but here on FTR I feel the need now to justify and defend Muslim communities because of bullshit threads I've had the displeasure of reading.
    I am partially responsible for that, probably because in the past I used less clear definitions.
    Hi, I'm not Random anymore.

Remember these guys?

LOL OPERATIONS
    Well, you're learned more than most. I think the average Muslim-fearing American would read what you just posted and eyes would glaze over.
    It's a real struggle. The fundamentalist version of religion tends to be the most powerful, probably because taking texts literally is easier than not. The world of Islam has a real challenge on its hands because the literal reading of its texts is bad stuff. Fundamentalist Islam tends to make the news while mystical Islam doesn't, which makes sense since only one of them drowns people in cages and preaches genocide of the kafir.
    I am partially responsible for that, probably because in the past I used less clear definitions.
    I mean, I get it. There's problems with Islam. Religion is a crock of shit. I recognize the irony of an atheist defending a religion but I feel lile I, and many others, haven't got a choice.

To me, it's same story, different books. Christianity did the same shit and every other man in the sky religion is going to continue to degrade society. But hate it for the fact that religion is fairy tales, not because "I grew up with this fairy tale and that brown guy's fairy tale is a threat to my well being and fairy tale."
    LOL OPERATIONS
    More randomness, this is a good cover:

LOL OPERATIONS
    I hope I can one day get back to this place. It is arguably the best place I've ever traveled to:

LOL OPERATIONS
    +1

LOL OPERATIONS
    Also, Arsenal are shit and made me sad tonight,
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Haha it makes me happy to know that Arsenal losing a game of kickball results in a sad American in Malaysia.

I hope me being happy about your sadness doesn't make you feel better and therefore less sad.
    ongies gonna ong
    Christianity did the same shit
    A political institution did the stuff you're getting at. The movement of Christianity from barbarism to being one of the greatest forces for good was a rejection of the political institution and a resurgence of fundamental textual interpretation.

This piece of history is important because the opposite is what happens with Islam. A fundamentalist interpretation of the Christian texts is very anti-violence, but a fundamentalist interpretation of Islamic texts is very pro-violence. I hope a successful tactic is to promote Sufi Islam and reject Salafi Islam. Granted, given what I have learned about religions, that might not work.

and every other man in the sky religion is going to continue to degrade society
    I'm not saying that we wouldn't have close to all of the great things we have today without Christianity, but the way we indeed got them was with Christianity. It was western Christianity that adopted and dispersed the western values we take for granted today. The popularity of freedom, individualism, and even humanism came through (mostly American) Christianity. The key features we would use to describe what makes our society great are things American Christians made happen.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 03-18-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    pwnage starts at 2:00

Drunk Bigred here. Reporting in from Melaka, Malaysia. I like Malaysia. The people are friendly and there's Indian food everywhere. I love Indian food.
    It's the absolute nuts. I could eat naans all day, just that some of that holy spicy curry sauce

Oh my
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    A political institution did the stuff you're getting at. The movement of Christianity from barbarism to being one of the greatest forces for good was a rejection of the political institution and a resurgence of fundamental textual interpretation.
    What the hell are you talking about? (see what I did there) Tell that to all the molested boys in its wake

Can't people just be good without believing in some higher power in order to be good?

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? (see what I did there)
    Yes I see what you did there.

What I'm talking about is what I learned in university. You know, the university that I attend because of guaranteed government loans. Because government is promoting my education, my education must be good.

Anyways, I agree with your point, as do the reformers of Christianity that I discuss. Catholicism has some really bad shit in its history. Fortunately for the world, its evilness was predicated on norms of those in power instead of on the fundamentalist interpretation of its holy texts. The reformation of the Church [beginning with Martin Luther ((poor Jan Hus)] brought revolution towards following the actual scripture. 500 years of this took Christianity from an arguably evil institution to one that brought the world the revolution of freedom, prosperity, and liberalism. There are several factors needed for this to happen, and one of them is the Christian religious texts allowing so. One of the chief reformations of Luther on Catholicism was the beginning of actually reading the texts.

Can't people just be good without believing in some higher power in order to be good?
    I think this is one of the most important questions to answer in the modern world. I can't do justice here and now (maybe later). A starting point could be to watch teh Prager video I OP'd about religiosity (as he covers the idea somewhat).
    Last edited by wufwugy; 03-19-2017 at 01:07 AM.
    The reformation of the Church [beginning with Martin Luther ((poor Jan Hus)] brought revolution towards following the actual scripture.

Then isn’t your other favorite religion ripe for some reformation as well?

500 years of this took Christianity from an arguably evil institution to one that brought the world the revolution of freedom, prosperity, and liberalism. There are several factors needed for this to happen, and one of them is the Christian religious texts allowing so. One of the chief reformations of Luther on Catholicism was the beginning of actually reading the texts.

There’s an old saying that goes “there’s nothing new under the sun”. This particular account seems a lot like deja vu to me

Also, you can find a ton of truly barbaric stuff in the Old Testament as well. The New Testament is more like Diet Coke. There were also a ton of content removed from the Bible, from “canon” if you will. The question is:

Dramatic pause

why? Why make edits later on? It’s like the first version of GitHub

I think this is one of the most important questions to answer in the modern world. I can't do justice here and now (maybe later). A starting point could be to watch teh Prager video I OP'd about religiosity (as he covers the idea somewhat).

That dude’s not an honest actor, else he would not go on a tirade mid-vid on how Judaism is THE religion, Palestinians are evil incarnate and all others should go suck dick

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Then isn’t your other favorite religion ripe for some reformation as well?
    ISIS is a reformation. Most Muslims have been getting too far away from Muhammad, and ISIS is reminding them what Muhammad literally did and literally taught. The key difference between Christian holy texts and Islamic holy texts is that a literal interpretation of the former leads you to be like Jesus (non-violent, benevolent, forgiving) and a literal interpretation of the latter leads you to be like Muhammad (violent). The violence in the Old Testament is not a call to arms like the violence in the Koran is, AND it got a revision (New Testament). Islam never got that revision, though Shia considers Ali the successor to Muhammad, which has helped lead to it being a more peaceful sect though only a small proportion of Islam.

I wasn't a fan of Prager's Jewish supremacy either. I didn't watch further. Some of his other points are fantastic before that.
    This is how you deal with dick cops.

New York seems contentious.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    The violence in the Old Testament is not a call to arms like the violence in the Koran is
    You sure about that?

How do you think the "really bad shit in the history of Christianism" has been justified historically? Or is your opinion that after the introduction of the New Testament, Christianity instantly became less violent?

Allow me to remind you that the New Testament was introduced no later than 70 AD. The inquisition started in 12th century France. The spanish inquisition was still going on in the 18th century.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    ISIS is a reformation. Most Muslims have been getting too far away from Muhammad, and ISIS is reminding them what Muhammad literally did and literally taught.

With the key being Iraq and Syria in its name. Do you believe that without intervention, ISIS would still have risen?

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    I wonder if the war on Iraq had a religious overtone?
    You sure about that?

How do you think the "really bad shit in the history of Christianism" has been justified historically? Or is your opinion that after the introduction of the New Testament, Christianity instantly became less violent?

Allow me to remind you that the New Testament was introduced no later than 70 AD. The inquisition started in 12th century France. The spanish inquisition was still going on in the 18th century.
    The Bible wasn't widely translated and read except by the elites within the Roman Catholic Church. One of the biggest successes brought by the Protestant Reformation was changing this. Luther's theses and the Reformation came about because the Church had almost entirely abandoned the scriptures. The Catholic Church is still less "about the Bible" today than the Protestants are. It's still a partial political institution, though it has softened greatly in order to compete with American Protestantism.

The justifications for violence in the name of Christ was by the Church itself. The Church didn't teach the Bible and members didn't read it (because they couldn't). Making Christianity about the Bible and pretty much only about the Bible is how Protestantism was able to reform Christianity to what it is today.
    With the key being Iraq and Syria in its name. Do you believe that without intervention, ISIS would still have risen?
    We added "Iraq and Syria" to its name. They think of themselves as "the Islamic State" and "the caliphate". They consider themselves the rightful successors to the centuries long caliphate established after Muhammad's death.

While intervention could have contributed to some logistics or have sparked a return of sentiments, the caliphate is believed to be End of Days prophecy established in the hadith (one of the three holy texts of Islam). ISIS gets its legitimacy from literal readings of Islamic scripture. Intervention certainly is not the cause of Salafi Islam, but it could be a trigger of something that would get triggered inevitably. What matters now is that Salafi Islam is a political ideology of enslavement, rape, murder, and totalitarianism that the elites and cultural revolutionists in the West are inviting to the western world with open arms.
    Wuf just hates the brownies that much that you saying his parents are essentially the same as them really upsets him.
    Christianity was also one of the first platforms that enabled/justified the mass colonization and resulting suffering of millions of different indigenous people across the globe.

Seems awfully convenient and mislead for a western-oriented mind to suggest the primary religious mechanism behind westernization did so much good.

I would argue that technology, innovation, and the growth of distributed wealth is a more direct impact on the things you're attributing to Christianity. While they had their obvious cultural flaws, the Greeks and Romans seemed to do ok with your key tenants long before Christ.

I'm jumping far too quickly to conclusions, but your arguments based on your classes seem more like "hypothesis is Christianity influenced these key tenants" and now let's go find anything that supports it. Similar to that of the English teacher who decides the author's motif is depression and then looks for blue painted houses or curtains. Again, I'm not saying Christianity didn't have impacts on the areas you listed but to suggest "Christianity created a greater force for good" to me is just wrong.

Also, something I'm not going to go into because I'm already tired from typing this, but Christianity was certainly more of a control mechanism of the masses by the elite and I think the levers I mentioned above (technology etc) that increased equality forced the church to adapt. Not the other way around.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Haha it makes me happy to know that Arsenal losing a game of kickball results in a sad American in Malaysia.

I hope me being happy about your sadness doesn't make you feel better and therefore less sad.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I joined FTR long ago with the long con to one day make Ong happy about my sadness which would then make him no longer happy since I was happy. GAME BLOUSES.

/deleting account
    LOL OPERATIONS
    /deleting account
    *sad*
    ongies gonna ong
    Galaxy S8 pricing leaked

€800 base for the 8

Damn.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Galaxy S8 pricing leaked

€800 base for the 8

Damn.
    How many individual patents go into the S8? Phones from a few years ago were already boasting over 250k individual patents in the phone's tech.
    Price per patent is prob less than 1/3 of a cent.

Cell phone prices still make no sense to me. The amount of IP that goes into every cubic millimeter of a cell phone is obscene. The amount of rare elements and materials and the cost of mining and refining those materials is hard to mesh up with the cost of the phone, too.

Hey economists: How does this make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Don't understand the question. You just explained many reasons why a phone would be expensive, and now you're asking why phones are so expensive?

Or are you asking why don't phones cost more?

If it's the latter, then I think you're failing to consider all of the additional revenue streams that come with selling a phone. It could be that phones are being sold at a loss and the difference is made up in monthly service fees. $100/mo for a two year agreement is $2,400 in addition to the cost of the phone. I find it hard to believe that it really costs that much, considering most of the infrastructure needed to maintain the network is already in place.

Also, the profit margins on accessories are stupid. "hey man, nice phone. Wanna charge it in your car? Sure, buy this 10 cent cable for $40"
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Or are you asking why don't phones cost more?
    This.

I thought your explanation made sense for a while, but now I'm not so sure. I.e. if you are truly paying for the phone through the other fees in your contract, then that makes sense.
    BUT...
    You don't have to buy a phone plan when you buy a phone. You can buy a phone from one vendor, but your phone plan through another vendor.

Any disparity in the price of the phone vs. its actual cost to the vendor can't be recouped via contract fees.

That infrastructure is in place, but it wasn't free to get it there. The initial investment of the company to pay for the installation of said infrastructure still needs to be recouped over time.
    You don't have to buy a phone plan when you buy a phone.
    Generally, buying a phone without a plan means you pay full MSRP for the phone. Like XYZ model is $99 with a two year contract. Wanna buy it a la carte? That's $799.

That's how they sell insurance on the phones as well. If you drop your phone in a pool before the contract is up, you don't wanna be on the hook for hundreds.

That infrastructure is in place, but it wasn't free to get it there. The initial investment of the company to pay for the installation of said infrastructure still needs to be recouped over time.
    I think that time may have passed. Zack Morris had a cell phone. How long does it take to pay off a big steel rod on top of a mountain?

In any event, it's got to be getting cheaper by the day.
    Christianity was also one of the first platforms that enabled/justified the mass colonization and resulting suffering of millions of different indigenous people across the globe.
    I could benefit from being more specific. Generally speaking, in the West there are two different Christianities: Catholicism and Protestantism. Atrocities done in the name of Christianity are mostly a Catholic thing. The Roman Catholic Church was always in part a political institution that espoused very little regarding Biblical fundamentalism. Protestantism is an extreme counter to Catholicism. It rejects the centralized political institution and embraces Biblical fundamentalism. When these different Christianities competed for the American frontier, Protestantism won, and in large part due to that the Roman Catholic Church of today has adopted many of Protestantism's innovations.

Seems awfully convenient and mislead for a western-oriented mind to suggest the primary religious mechanism behind westernization did so much good.
    What we call "western values" are principles the West developed from Enlightenment thought. These were adopted and popularized by Christians and in large part because of Christianity. Example, the 1st Amendment covers a large proportion of what we consider western values, and it was adopted for the primary purpose of keeping Protestant Christians' ability to practice their beliefs. What we think of western values today were previously things that were considered Protestant values. Another example, when we look at how "individualism" went from being an idea cooked up in the Enlightenment to a core value held by almost the entire West, we see it in the evangelical movement. Evangelicalism gave individualism, humanism, and liberalism a legitimacy and mechanism for adoption they never had before.

What we don't know is if American Protestantism was needed in order for western values to develop. What we do know is that they did develop in large part through American Protestantism.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 03-20-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    How many individual patents go into the S8? Phones from a few years ago were already boasting over 250k individual patents in the phone's tech.

Cell phone prices still make no sense to me. The amount of IP that goes into every cubic millimeter of a cell phone is obscene. The amount of rare elements and materials and the cost of mining and refining those materials is hard to mesh up with the cost of the phone, too.

Definitely economies of scale and exchange rates. Probably also economies of scope.

Economies of scale is productivity gains made by scale expansion of firms. Example, primary resource extraction can be very expensive on the small scale but cheap at a large enough scale.

I don't know my international macro as well as I would like, so I can't say much about exchange rates, but note that if you bought the iphone through currency earned by the manufacturing of it, it might be like 3 months wage or something.

Economies of scope is productivity gains made by diversity of production of firms. Example, operating primary extraction and transportation under the same corporate umbrella can reduce costs compared to non-integration.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 03-20-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    pwnage starts at 2:00

Sidney Crosby > Claude Giroux
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    Wuf just hates the brownies that much that you saying his parents are essentially the same as them really upsets him.
    They are the same. It's their books that are different. And their culture, but that's largely because of the books.

It's also maybe their breeding that's different. You know, this stuff:

^^Dunno if true. Maybe is. I'm sure one y'all expert researchers will have the lowdown.
    @mmm it has to do with the quality of the patents. I'd wager that only a few are of any real significance
    The most Irish image in the world...

ongies gonna ong
    Gawd, I'm thirsty all of a sudden.

BOM is about $190 for the iPhone 6s Plus 32GB.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...than-iphone-6s

Say you add $ 50 in fixed costs for assembly per unit (outsourced to foxconn etc), bringing the total to about $240 per unit.
    Say you add $200 000 000 in fixed costs of R&D, adding features to the OS, digital security, etc.

The iphone 6s plus 32GB sold @ $649. C/M per product is about $449.

BE for this particular model is at 445435 devices sold. After that, every device is pure profit.

From October to December, Apple says it sold 74.8 million iPhones. To which Wall Street responded: meh. (Its oracles expected the company to sell 75.5 million units.)
    https://www.wired.com/2016/01/apple-...t-just-barely/

Can't assume these are all base model, but let's do so for simplicity's sake. That's 75 MILLION devices sold at pure profit (minus the per unit assembly) assuming 200M in base fixed costs.

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Wow. OK. Starting to make sense to me.
    This is what I mean

LOS ANGELES -- The Netherlands could be the signature team of this World Baseball Classic, thanks to a roster built of multiple ethnicities with myriad languages spoken in its clubhouse.Here is one way to represent the team’s ability to bridge those cultures: One teammate from Curacao and another of Dutch ancestry recently bought out an American fast-food joint in South Korea to supply the postgame spread for everybody on the team.
    The Popeyes Louisiana Chicken location in Seoul was apparently closed for two days before it could restock its supply after Didi Gregorius and Rick Van den Hurk helped fuel their club at the start of a run that ultimately led to a berth in Monday’s WBC semifinals.
    The Netherlands will face undefeated Puerto Rico on Monday at Dodger Stadium, with a ticket to Wednesday’s WBC championship game on the line. The other semifinal, which is Tuesday night, will match Japan against the United States.
    And we lost 4-3 to Puerto Rico, ffffffuuuuucccckkkkk

GG

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Who the fuck cares about baseball in Holland*?

*and shitty colonies
    ongies gonna ong
    Who the fuck cares about baseball in Holland*?

*and shitty colonies
    Didn't you fight a war over some barren islands in the S. Atlantic in the 80s? Think I'd rather have Curacao as a colony than that.
    There's a World Baseball League?

huh.

There's a World Baseball League and America, the land of baseball, isn't dominating it?
    Must not be any money in it.
    Hi, I'm not Random anymore.

Remember these guys?

The first band I played in when I was maybe 14 we played a lot of Silverchair. We made some bad choices. But this isn't even that terrible. They're better than I remember them. Grundge did definitely kill 90's music, but it's not fair to blame individuals.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Didn't you fight a war over some barren islands in the S. Atlantic in the 80s? Think I'd rather have Curacao as a colony than that.
    Yeah well that's because you're a person thinking about sun and sandy beaches, instead of a government thinking about oil at strategic locations.

On that subject, we have a reasonable claim to Falklands in that they were never inhabited by a population before colonisation. At least, our claim is more viable than the Argies' "but it's closest to us" argument, which is not something I hear Venezeula saying to Holland when it comes to Aruba. Even though Venezeulans first inhabited the island.

As much as Thatcher wasn't fighting a moral war, it was the right thing to do. You can't just stand idle while the Argentine junta invades an island with British people on it, even if they had a viable claim.
    ongies gonna ong
    fwiw, I think our claim to the islands now is 100% dependant on their desire to remain part of our country. Of course it's no surprise that when there's a vote, it's 99% in favour of staying. But it's easy to think of these people as British, when actually, most of them were born on the islands and have never left. They're no more British than Argentine people are Spanish. The only reason they remain British is because of the threat Argentina pose. They're too afraid to go it alone.
    ongies gonna ong
    #FreeAruba
    ongies gonna ong
    #FreeAruba
    That's a good price.
    Yeah well that's because you're a person thinking about sun and sandy beaches, instead of a government thinking about oil at strategic locations.
    I'm not disputing the UK's right in defending it. I'm disputing your use of the word 'shitty' to describe colonies in the Caribbean that are a lot nicer than it is.
    Ongies gonna ong

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    I'm not disputing the UK's right in defending it. I'm disputing your use of the word 'shitty' to describe colonies in the Caribbean that are a lot nicer than it is.
    "shitty" is a fairly ambiguous word. It can mean "less economically viable", or "a place that no one else wants". You're forgetting that I'm using the word "shitty" from the pov of an arrogant British person who brags about our imperial past even though deep down I'm ashamed of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jack
    Ongies gonna ong
    Jack knows.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    The first band I played in when I was maybe 14 we played a lot of Silverchair. We made some bad choices. But this isn't even that terrible. They're better than I remember them. Grundge did definitely kill 90's music, but it's not fair to blame individuals.
    What does that even mean, "Grunge did definitely kill 90's music?" I get the phrase I don't like grunge music of the 90s but there were tons of different genres. MTV killed music in the 90s via TRL.

Also, you're wrong. Grunge made the 90s! I'ma burn your ChumbaWumba posters while you sleep.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    @Wufwugy, any extra reading or sources on those claims? I'm not quite buying what you're selling but I don't know enough to refute it.
    LOL OPERATIONS

Cogito ergo sum

Hey, I'm in a movie!
    Video provides less data than most religions to back up its claims.
    @Wufwugy, any extra reading or sources on those claims? I'm not quite buying what you're selling but I don't know enough to refute it.
    Mostly from professors and textbooks. I forget the names, one was on the history of western thought and culture from classicism to post-modernism, the other a collection of primary documents regarding American religions.

Anything that doesn't denigrate Christianity and western culture is VERY unpopular on the internet, so I haven't come across much here.
    What does that even mean, "Grunge did definitely kill 90's music?" I get the phrase I don't like grunge music of the 90s but there were tons of different genres. MTV killed music in the 90s via TRL.

Also, you're wrong. Grunge made the 90s! I'ma burn your ChumbaWumba posters while you sleep.
    I should have more specifically said that it killed Rock in the 90's.
    Because after Nirvana record labels started handing out record deals to anything that vaguely resembled Nirvana. Why go through all the hassle of negotiating deals with professional musicians when for the same money you can finance 20 garage bands and gamble that one of them will blow up. It's not the strongest case I've ever made.
    I should have more specifically said that it killed Rock in the 90's.
    Because after Nirvana record labels started handing out record deals to anything that vaguely resembled Nirvana. Why go through all the hassle of negotiating deals with professional musicians when for the same money you can finance 20 garage bands and gamble that one of them will blow up. It's not the strongest case I've ever made.
    You mean record labels killed rock in the 90s?
    Nah I wanna stick with grunge because I hate grunge.
    Nah I wanna stick with grunge because I hate grunge.
    It's never been a genre that has resonated with me so I'm ok with this.
    Nirvana were awesome, Nevermind was their worst album by a distance. Fuck knows why that was the popular one. Most grunge is indeed shit though. The good stuff resembles punk more than grunge. Problem with grunge is it gets a bit slash-your-wrists, rather than fuck-the-system.
    ongies gonna ong
    Nirvana were awesome, Nevermind was their worst album by a distance. Fuck knows why that was the popular one. Most grunge is indeed shit though. The good stuff resembles punk more than grunge. Problem with grunge is it gets a bit slash-your-wrists, rather than fuck-the-system.
    Strange, I like the fuck the system punk stuff and I like the slash your wrists emo* stuff.

*Long disclaimer about what I mean by emo I cba writing.