Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

Badass lovers - Game thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Badass lovers - Game thread

So, somehow, four cold blooded evil bastard couples, some fictional, some real, find themselves all here, in an obscure corner of the internet, ready to kill each other. But there's a whole lot of love going on here too.

When someone is lynched, their lover will not be able to cope with the heartbreak, and will immediately commit suicide.

Isn't that sweet.

There is no night killing, no nights, no specials. Just pure wolf hunting, and pure wolfing.

The two wolves are each paired with a villager. Thus, there are two w/v pairs, and two v/v pairs.

Wolves win when both v/v pairs have been lynched.
    Village win when both w/v pairs have been lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Boring shit -

Rules... you all know them. If a typo is tilting you, edit it quickly by all means, but do it fast enough to not leave a tag (ie within 2 minutes), and don't change the content or context of your post.

Votes at :59 will count and :00 won't count because I'm a pedant and like to be precise.

Characters - these were all assigned randomly, so a character massclaim would serve no strategic purpose. You're all horrible bastards, with an equal chance of being a wolf.

Quoting from private discussions... Paraphrasing is fine. By that, I mean it's ok to copy/paste a sentence or paragraph from a private thread and post it in the game thread when discussing reads. It's not ok to post a linear series of quotes which amount to turning what should be a private thread into a public thread.

I don't want to silence people and make life difficult, but neither do I want to see people spamming the game thread with the entirity of a private thread. So be good please.

Oh yeah, self voting is fine, obviously. It merely adds to your tally.

Enough blah, I'll send out role pms now. This might take up to an hour or so, and they'll go out according to the order of sign up.
    ongies gonna ong
    DO NOT POST
    ongies gonna ong
    drew
    gabe
    rascal
    jkds
    boog
    hoopy
    rong
    gator

5 to lynch, ties settled by random.org, so don't tie
    deadline is around 48 hours (Wed 7pm UK)

THREAD IS OPEN, YOU MAY POST
    ongies gonna ong
    First
    I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.
    I'm flying up to go visit my daughter this weekend, so I won't be around much then.
    Wow. 6+ hrs and one person has checked in.

GL all
    Should be out our pairings?

This seems imba for wolves at first glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    Should be out our pairings?

This seems imba for wolves at first glance.
    This question came up in Vachertine's also. I don't think it's a good idea to out pairings at this point. Maybe later, but I'm not sure.

I think it may be best to just hunt wolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrascal View Post
    I'm flying up to go visit my daughter this weekend, so I won't be around much then.
    If the game is still going at the weekend, it will be final day and I will not set a deadline, instead waiting for majority. Days one and two will be 48 hours.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    If the game is still going at the weekend, it will be final day and I will not set a deadline, instead waiting for majority. Days one and two will be 48 hours.
    lynch bankitdrew

that was easy
    should be easier to spot wolves since they have four players to protect instead of just two.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    This should be fun.
    Classic wolf excuse!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    lynch bankitdrew

that was easy
    FUUUUUUUUU
    Who got fucked over pair reveals last time? I remember a pro rilla maneuver or something where pairs got faked and fucked the wolves.

So I think it's a bad idea to reveal. I think BID was in that game too, so I'm suspicious that he wants to go this route
    Btw, I have no WiFi at work and I prepare for trials at night. Expect 1-5 posts a day or something like that. They're gonna be quality nonspammy ones tho
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Who got fucked over pair reveals last time? I remember a pro rilla maneuver or something where pairs got faked and fucked the wolves.

So I think it's a bad idea to reveal. I think BID was in that game too, so I'm suspicious that he wants to go this route
    I think it's a good idea to reveal later in the game. The rilla move sucked. It was abysmal and still gets way too much credit. Lynch JKDS for casting shade.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Pretty annoying you get put on a suspicious list the moment you talk about what is or isn't a helpful strategy for the village :/
    Thank you boog

this might be the first game where I suspect you

might
    Where I don't suspect you *

I don't remember whether there was ever a consensus on pair reveals in that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy View Post
    I don't remember whether there was ever a consensus on pair reveals in that game.
    Skimmed it, forgot how fun that game was. Especially the crossclaim stuff, it seemed like holding off on the reveals for a while then dropping the info worked really well.
    I have no idea how to approach this game. I was hoping for a gun.

I ssume we get at least 1 reveal per day, ie when about to lynch someone, and if we change our mind then a second reveal also. Seems a shame to waste that info too early as it will be more revealing later in the game.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Re Drew, it's not bringing up the discussion of pair reveals that's wolfy, it's the lack of opinion he brought with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Re Drew, it's not bringing up the discussion of pair reveals that's wolfy, it's the lack of opinion he brought with it.
    Fair enough. If this looks wolfy, I'll be sure to adjust that for the future.

I think info trumps no info.

The problem with revealing close to eod (or in this case close to mislynch) is that the player on the block and/or their lover may no be around. Or, if they are around, maybe other players in the game may not be around.

I only see a benefit to revealing that late is if every player is avaialable.
    Can someone point me to the other game? I don't remember it and am thinking that is because I didn't play (vs just being old and forgetful).

I want to try to get a handle on this whole reveal stuff.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    dont u mean polygamist werewolf? http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...lf-199441.html

the one with partners

i think rilla's trick worked pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    Pretty annoying you get put on a suspicious list the moment you talk about what is or isn't a helpful strategy for the village :/
    you are a ww vet now, which makes me think as a villager you wouldnt ask "Should be out our pairings?"

its like stealth pandering for villager-solvey points
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJH View Post
    should be easier to spot wolves since they have four players to protect instead of just two.
    Can someone point me to the other game? I don't remember it and am thinking that is because I didn't play (vs just being old and forgetful).

I want to try to get a handle on this whole reveal stuff.
    both posts are from a defensive wolf mindset

the first one way more than the second
    both posts are from a defensive wolf mindset

the first one way more than the second
    I don't see what you're seeing about the first post. I'm seeing it as very cautiously neutral, which I guess could be slightly wolfy.
    Anyone out there?
    VOTE COUNT

drew -1 (gabe)
    JKDS - 1 (boog)

not voting - drew, rascal, jkds, hoopy, rong, gator

Deadline is under 24 hours but I might extend it if activity doesn't pick up. I'll make a decision in around 12 hours.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't see what you're seeing about the first post. I'm seeing it as very cautiously neutral, which I guess could be slightly wolfy.
    I see it. Nothing is ever 100% wolfy, but it's certainly more likely to come from a wolf mindset than a villagers.
    you are a ww vet now, which makes me think as a villager you wouldnt ask "Should be out our pairings?"

Maybe? I just don't like that he forgot that game. Gator either tbh, gator was one of the 4 doing the fucking over.

I'm not one to remember games, but I thought it was epic and that it would be memorable
    Maybe? I just don't like that he forgot that game. Gator either tbh, gator was one of the 4 doing the fucking over.

I'm not one to remember games, but I thought it was epic and that it would be memorable
    I don't remember everyone that was in that game, but like you said, it was definitely memorable. Gator not remembering that is definitely wolfy.
    lynch gator

I like this post a lot.

Drew who do you think is a wolf?
    Yeah I'm gonna add another 24 hrs to deadline. I won't extend it further.

Thurs 7pm (UK) now guys, which is around 29 hrs.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm liking gabe's posts here. I also like JKDS' Gator post right meow. Waiting on Gator's response.
    I've called gator out on being wolfy due to that I'm old but you young kids blah blah blah bull shit several times before. Just seems like a cop out. Saying something without saying anything at all but looking like he's interested and involved at the same time. Buuuuut he did it both as a Wolf and a villager so I gave up on it.
    FWIW - I had something like 41 posts that game so it certainly wasn't epic enough for me to recall immediately.

Plus that one was different in that each pair of players were villagers. Rilla got lucky by cross claiming another villager.

I am certainly no expert here, but with two of the pairings being w/v I would think that dramatically changes the dynamics of who wolves would want to protect and also thinks it makes a mass claim more effective for villagers.
    meh, maybe not on the massclaim and it could, in fact, make it worse.

For example, if I find Gabe super villagery (which I do right now) if he is paired up with, as an example me (who most think is wolfy) do you leave me alone just to keep Gabe alive? Probably not.
    My top two villagers at this point are Gabe and JKDS
    FWIW - I had something like 41 posts that game so it certainly wasn't epic enough for me to recall immediately.
    "Something like [quite exact number] posts..."

I tried checking the number of posts Gator posted in that thread but I haven't a clue how to. Can someone check if Gator posted exactly 41 posts? If so, he checked how many posts he had and nonchalantly waving off any suspicions regarding him not knowing about that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post

I tried checking the number of posts Gator posted in that thread but I haven't a clue how to. Can someone check if Gator posted exactly 41 posts? If so, he checked how many posts he had and nonchalantly waving off any suspicions regarding him not knowing about that game.
    I can tell you that I did and it was either 41 or 44. I just couldn't remember the exact number.
    Btw,
    Once I opened the thread I did remember the game and it brought back my memories of wishing I understood game mechanics more than I do as I couldn't, at the time, wrap my head around the value of a mass claim.

It was 44.
    I can tell you that I did and it was either 41 or 44. I just couldn't remember the exact number.
    So you didn't remember the game but one of two exact post counts?
    * So you didn't remember the game but remembered one of two exact post counts?
    So you didn't remember the game but one of two exact post counts?
    I found out the number after the link to the game was posted.
    Let me see if I can help you make sense of this.

People make references to the last time we played a format like this.

I don't remember the game so I ask for link

Link is posted (actually an incorrect link then the correct one, but whatevs).

Last night I take a quick look at the game, remembered the format, noticed that I had not posted as much, and therefore looked at my post count for the game.

Wifey wants to watch Homeland so I don't get a chance to respond until this morning.

This morning I respond, but can't remember whether the number was 41 or 44.

Boog looses his mind over a number.

Hilarity ensues.

Sound about right?
    My lover is MIA in the private chat.

Please participate there.
    I found out the number after the link to the game was posted.
    This was the only explanation required. Why bother with the elaborate and detailed background story afterwards?
    I like this post a lot.

Drew who do you think is a wolf?
    Idk man
    i dont really want to let gator get away with saying "aww shucks i forgot" but his argument makes sense.

him and BID are the only ones to have offered up a wolfy perspective post.

boog/rong/rascal/jkds dont sound like wolves but, because of the low number of game posts so far, they could all be laying in the cut as a wolf

hoopy as always keeps a low profile. frustrating that he never makes himself appear village or wolf on day 1, ever

these are my gut feelings. not much to work with
    meh, maybe not on the massclaim and it could, in fact, make it worse.

For example, if I find Gabe super villagery (which I do right now) if he is paired up with, as an example me (who most think is wolfy) do you leave me alone just to keep Gabe alive? Probably not.
    knowing the partners would be very helpful if we had lots of game content. since its hard to make any STRONG reads with so few posts, i dont think its possible for me to put anyone in the super villagery category. so instead of trying to do wolf calculus on a pair of people, i think we just have to hang the wolfiest candidate

but if BID/gator is a combo and that goes public, you guys will die
    JKDS boog and rong all feel pretty good. all posts seem natural. jkds and boog slightly more villagery than rong

rascal and hoopy are random to me
    VOTE COUNT

drew -1 (gabe)
    JKDS - 1 (boog)
    gator - 1 (rascal)

not voting - drew, jkds, hoopy, rong, gator

deadline is around 21 hrs
    ongies gonna ong
    JKDS boog and rong all feel pretty good. all posts seem natural. jkds and boog slightly more villagery than rong

rascal and hoopy are random to me
    Why does Boog feel pretty good? Just because he said you were villagery? Everything I read from his is neutral at best.
    not a fan of hoopy at this point.

lynch hoopy
    I'm not a fan of anyone after 50 odd posts.

We need to liven thus day up a little.
    It's 60 odd, not 50 odd.

RONG IS A WOLF!!!!
    Gator I'm neutral on. But I've almost given up hope on reading him, certainly this early. The way the above played put is not role indicative imo.
    Damn you to hell for that wolfy timing! I take it all back.
    Boog comes across a little keen on gator, but due to lack of activity I commend his efforts more than anything. It seems perhaps a little heavy but with so little to go on I'd say it gives him mostly villager points because it would have been easier to nothing.
    That's a long defense from Gator so early on.

Still slightly suspicious of drew for fence sitting on reveals.
    Glad to see a few more posts today, but I'd like to see more.

The only 2 that I feel good about right now are JKDS and gabe. I'm still most suspicious of gator, so I'll leave my vote there.
    It bothers me that there is village consensus on me already.
    It bothers me that there is village consensus on me already.
    You weren't happy with me last game because I was suspicious of you, now you're not happy because I'm not.

I guess, I just can't make you happy.
    VOTE COUNT

drew -1 (gabe)
    JKDS - 1 (boog)
    gator - 1 (rascal)
    hoopy - 1 (gator)

not voting - drew, jkds, hoopy, rong

deadline is around 18 hrs
    ongies gonna ong
    That's a long defense from Gator so early on.

Still slightly suspicious of drew for fence sitting on reveals.
    i addressed that topic and chose a side of the fence to sit on.

lynch hoopy
    this is about where the thread gets so slow that i argue we should out our pairs to add some life to the discussion, then i spend the rest of the gameday defending why
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I have no idea how to approach this game. I was hoping for a gun.

I ssume we get at least 1 reveal per day, ie when about to lynch someone, and if we change our mind then a second reveal also. Seems a shame to waste that info too early as it will be more revealing later in the game.
    i feel good about rong's post here and #65-67 to put rong in my solid village category. rong has a very villagery tone. also, he hasn't played much lately. i've noticed rong can be rusty after taking WW breaks and i think he couldnt pull off his conversational posts as a wolf right now

i get the same vibe from jkds's post, but i thought that about him since post #16

I think it's a good idea to reveal later in the game. The rilla move sucked. It was abysmal and still gets way too much credit. Lynch JKDS for casting shade.
    this post from boog is borderline inflammatory and i dont see a wolf (maybe besides ong and wuf) taking such a strong stance like this. i know the subject is semi-irrelevant but i see this coming from villaboog