Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Lakers NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Default Lakers NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This isn't really poker but I'm pissed off that the Lakers lost the finals to Detroit. What is it with the Lakers against Detroit in the finals? It reminds me of the late 80s when the Pistons had Isaiah Thomas and Joe Dumars and they swept the Lakers.
    lakers suck anyways, kobes a rapist and should be in jail
    ban me, i dare ya hehehe
    Down with the lakers!!!!!!!
    Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants won't help.
    -- Calvin and Hobbes
    {Moved from Miscellaneous Poker}
    Yes, BOO to the Lakers. A team full of snobby, complaining, annoying players. I hate Malone! Go Pistons, and more importantly, go Timberwolves. (They SHOULD have played the Pistons) Besides, it's easy to like the richest, all-star class team isn't it??

(PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!)

PocketFives - allLiving
    Pokerstars - [595-ESCAPE]
    See my Location?
    Go Detroit!
    Its about damn time.
    The artist formerly known as Knish
    Only mediocre players are always at their best.
    Phil Ivey Owns You
    i wonder if the mailman will retire?
    C'mon, any team that gets dominated like the Lakers did should lose, hell it should have been done on Sunday. Yes, Warren, MI, is very close to Detroit.
    It's nice to see Detroit ditch the pastels and put down some major beatdown.

Go Detroit! (my birthplace)
    I see we got a lot of Laker haters here.

Methinks I will be doing some forum account downsizing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Xianti
    I see we got a lot of Laker haters here.

Methinks I will be doing some forum account downsizing this weekend.

Lakers Rule!!
    -- Calvin and Hobbes

Default Re: Lakers NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    This isn't really poker but I'm pissed off that the Lakers lost the finals to Detroit. What is it with the Lakers against Detroit in the finals? It reminds me of the late 80s when the Pistons had Isaiah Thomas and Joe Dumars and they swept the Lakers.

Don't forget Dennis Rodman, John Salley and Bill Laimbeer!

It used to be all about Detroit, Boston and LA. Then this guy called Mike busted onto the scene...
    Couldn't care less. To me, professional basketball is the most uninteresting of the 3 major professional sports. I could watch pro football and baseball all day long.

And I LOVE college hoops. But, to me, for whatever reason and I can't explain it, the NBA is boring.

Although I will admit to watching a few more games in the past with the addition of LeBron James since I am from Cleveland. Amazing what one rookie has done for this town with regards to the interest in the NBA team.
    3 major sports basketball baseball and football? i think you forgot about the best sport of all, the sport that makes those, look like lawn bowling!!

HOCKEY!
    you're all wrong - the best sport is women's beach volley ball, with big wave surfing a close second.
    yeah womens beach volleyball is a close 2nd to hockey i'll give you that, i adctually just watched the movie wild things 2, and it had some good beach volleyball scenes :P
    It was inevitable that the Lakers would lose.

1. Kobe garunteed victory.
    2. Gary Payton is on team. (God hates him.)
    3. Karl Malone is on team. (God just like to tease him............ALOT!)
    4. Phil Jackson is the coach. (God got tired of him thinking he was God.)

So how can you really be suprised in the grand scheme of things?

Big Lick
    {This post has been removed}

Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    I'll never forget The Worm, Spider, Bill the enforcer and the other Bad Boys. Chuck Daly was a good coach. Interesting how Detroit and Los Angeles have come back after the Jordan era but Boston is still struggling. Maybe Doc Rivers will turn things around there.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxscam
    3 major sports basketball baseball and football? i think you forgot about the best sport of all, the sport that makes those, look like lawn bowling!!

HOCKEY!
    Ha! Sorry, maxx. Hockey bores me. To me it's not unlike auto-racing. I think the only reason anyone watches either of them is to see a/an fight/accident.

I can see the athletic value of hockey and how it could be interesting, just never got into it.

Auto-racing.... now that's not a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    I'll never forget The Worm, Spider, Bill the enforcer and the other Bad Boys. Chuck Daly was a good coach. Interesting how Detroit and Los Angeles have come back after the Jordan era but Boston is still struggling. Maybe Doc Rivers will turn things around there.
    It'll take a good few years at the least to get the celts back to form. They dont really have alot to work with excluding paul pierce. Ricky davis is the only other notable player but he hasnt lived up to potential. They'll make the playoffs in the east but not much more than that I think.

The lakers i think will have the best shot at holding onto kobe. If nothing else they could appeal to him towards staying with shaq one more year and trying to win one more. I think the lakers could pay him the most also.
    Ah, it was great to watch the Lakers lose. I haven't watched a basketball game in years but I had to watch Detroit whip on the Lakers.

Hockey rules!!!!!

It is amazing that the same guy owns the Pistons and Lightning (who won the Stanley Cup - the ultimate sports trophy) I don't think any owner has ever done that before.

Too bad there may not be a hockey season next year

Go Sabres
    sabres hahahh well they almost made the playoffs, i an a canucks/flames fan myself, i alos like montreal alot and hate toronto with a passion! yeah well theres alwyas the wha i guess if the nhl dont get their shit together
    I like Vanvouver also. I am only a few hours from there and I try to catch a game or two a year but it has been harder to get tickets because they have been good lately.

I caught a Lightning/Canadiens game in St Pete this year when I was there on vacation. The place was filled with Toronto fans on vacation because they can never get tickets there. LOL
    Your guys touched on a sore spot for me.
    I hate to say it, but I'm a Blackhawks fan.

I used to be a season ticket holder, up until they dumped my man Belfour. I wish the Wirtz family would sell the team to someone that actually wants to win some games. Every year they dump the good players and bring up some young guys and say this is a rebuilding year. WTF- enough rebuilding pay some money and get/keep some good players. The Wirtz complains that nobody is coming to the games, so he blacks the out. Who is going to go see a team that completely sucks? The damn prick owner needs to build a damn team. God I hate him!!! I think the only thing that has more dust on it than my treadmill, is my Hawks jersey.
    -- Calvin and Hobbes
    I read that the Hawks are going for the 1st round pick and trying to get Ovechkin - that would help

Sabres do the same damn thing - Draft players and develop them and then they won't pay them and they go on to do great on another team.

Hawks should have kept Zhamnov
    Quote Originally Posted by robe43
    en they won't pay them and they go on to do great on another team.

Hawks should have kept Zhamnov
    And Roenick, and Belfour, and Amonte, and Chelios.............
    -- Calvin and Hobbes
    Quote Originally Posted by robe43
    Sabres do the same damn thing - Draft players and develop them and then they won't pay them and they go on to do great on another team.
    Hey, someone has to keep feeding the Red Wings players...
    Wow, a lot of people from Michigan here. I am as well.

Go Pistons!

And while I've really gotten into basketball in the past couple years, as well as football, hockey rules all.

Go ... old as dirt ... washed up ... team with a head coach that couldn't coach a NHL team to an AHL championship ... Wings ...
    out of curiosity, i clicked the last page of the commune (shows up as page 546 for me), and this was at the bottom of the pile.
    If the Lakers don't make the playoffs this year, it should go down as the biggest upset/disappointment in the NBA for the last 30 years (that far back I can remember). 2nd Place goes to the Mavs losing in the first round of the playoffs vs the Warriors a few years ago.

This year on their starting line-up, they have 3 locked hall of famers, 1 more in Howard if he has one or two more dominating years in his career. Also, World Peace who's no slouch, when he's not upper-cutting players in the face or attacking fans in the stands.
    There are some similarities between this year's team and the 2003 to 2004 team. Karl Malone and Gary Payton were new. This year Howard and Nash are new.

That 03/04 team didn't have chemistry/experience together but at least they got to the finals. They've hired the wrong coach twice now - should have hired Phil Jackson.
    Let's not forget that the Lakers need to make the playoffs to earn the Cavs a better draft pick this year. GO LAKERS!

/pukes in mouth
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by swiggidy View Post
    Let's not forget that the Lakers need to make the playoffs to earn the Cavs a better draft pick this year. GO LAKERS!

/pukes in mouth
    I keep reading that LJ is going back to the Cavs.
    lol lakers
    lal lokers
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I keep reading that LJ is going back to the Cavs.
    I keep reading that too, and a lot of people around here think it's likely going to happen.

I would be completely shocked if LJ played for the Cavs in 2014.
    He's not going back to Cleveland in 2014. I'm offering 5-1 odds against @$20.
    i'll take that bet, winner has to remind the loser
    kar lolels
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I don't like that where he's going is going to dominate the news for the next 2 years. It continues my dislike, even though this isn't his fault.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    RIP Jerry Buss. Gone at 80 though, so he lived a life as full as can be using current tech.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow View Post
    i'll take that bet, winner has to remind the loser
    deal
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    He's not going back to Cleveland in 2014. I'm offering 5-1 odds against @$20.
    at least offer a meaningful amount of money (for yourself-- I wouldn't take the 'he plays for Cleveland in 14' side without much steeper odds.)
    go get your own sucker
    how's that dwightmare going in LA?
    Such a disgrace. Pretty sure it's why Bus died.