Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 183 of 420 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,725 of 31490
    Yup. Was not happy with my before pics. Being fat has always just been a momentary thing for me though. Originally thought it would only last like two years, but it ended up lasting around six. Oh well

Also the numbers are a teensy misleading since I probably carry about 25 more lean pounds than average. At around 205 I start looking not-fat
    Great work wuf, keep it up!
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Nice work wuf. I can relate to the not being happy with the before pictures. Changing your diet and attitude helps bunches. Good luck with getting to your goal.

For me it was meds, I blew up to 164 at my highest, and ew, just ew. After I dropped my meds, improved my mental health, I'm back down to my healthy 100lbs.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Also the numbers are a teensy misleading since I probably carry about 25 more lean pounds than average. At around 205 I start looking not-fat
    Aren't you < 6 foot tall? Will definitely still look fat at 205lb.
    Wuf you get a cookie for making me feel better about myself today. I am exactly that lean 185. What size am I? What is my fat percentage? Who are you, my doctor! I am a LEAN 185. His words, ladies and gentlemen, his words.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Before pics? Stop with descriptions and show flesh!
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Some motivation, wufnight.

This vid makes me want to take up bare-knuckle boxing, cover myself in tattoos and learn to speak Italian.
    Today's just awesome ass videos day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    On a scale of 0-10, 10 being I LOVE THE POOP SMELL, I'm like a 1 - I can deal with it, but I don't like it, and I don't want to smell it.
    Then don't go to India. Smells like shit everywhere.

For example, Adam Sandler went there and was like, "India...might as well be poop-ia."
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Aren't you < 6 foot tall? Will definitely still look fat at 205lb.
    5'8. I gained a lot of muscle from lifting years back and never lost much since, so 205 for me is a bit leaner than average. 185 would be shredded, and I'm honestly not sure if I can get that low. I remember when I was actively strength-training, I only started noticing an exit from "being lean" at around 215

Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    Before pics? Stop with descriptions and show flesh!
    I'll wait till I have the afters
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    Then don't go to India. Smells like shit everywhere.

For example, Adam Sandler went there and was like, "India...might as well be poop-ia."
    Yeah, that's what I was figuring. It'll probably be Thailand and other various places. I don't know when it'll happen, I just have this feeling I need to go see everything I can. Maybe because of the accident and really realizing how precious life is. Even though I already knew, it just kinda made it even more clear.

Him and I always talked about traveling. He had the idea of re-doing a bus, or making a car into something we can sleep in and travel. Of course this would have been when we were older and more stable financially.

One of my friends IRL saw some of my art and was wanting to buy one from me, but I told 'em I was super attached to the ones I've done, but I'd do one specially for him. My little community of IRL friends is pretty interesting and awesome, one of them is a store owner and a certified herbalist, the rest all work for themselves as well. They have been such blessings during this, a couple have told me I need to write a story of my life, and I'm like, rofl what? Hell, even today one of my aunts told me I need to have my little writings I do published. I keep feeling like I need to help people, and I've felt like this for a while, now it's even stronger. Everyone around me keeps wondering why why why did this happen, they keep trying to understand it, and during all of this I haven't asked why it happened, I don't try to understand it, because even if I knew why, or understood why, it wouldn't help. Sorry bout going on a little speech, fella's. I took a pain pill and it makes me talk/type too much.

<3
    Here's some vietnam:

Some taiwan:

mexico

I've heard from a couple of people on separate occasions who have done motorcycle tours across america that it was the best time of their life and that everyone should do it once in their life. These are people who spend every summer riding through the alps. I personally think they are crazy, but I've never been so I take their word for it. In any case I think I'd always prefer to drive around be it a car or a scooter because if it's shit somewhere you have all your stuff there and you just get on and you go somewhere else.
    Drake the type of nigga that would just jump in a hole on level 8-4 instead of rescuing the princess so she wouldn't feel pressured to fuck him.
    Yeah, that's what I was figuring. It'll probably be Thailand and other various places. I don't know when it'll happen, I just have this feeling I need to go see everything I can. Maybe because of the accident and really realizing how precious life is. Even though I already knew, it just kinda made it even more clear.

Him and I always talked about traveling. He had the idea of re-doing a bus, or making a car into something we can sleep in and travel. Of course this would have been when we were older and more stable financially.

One of my friends IRL saw some of my art and was wanting to buy one from me, but I told 'em I was super attached to the ones I've done, but I'd do one specially for him. My little community of IRL friends is pretty interesting and awesome, one of them is a store owner and a certified herbalist, the rest all work for themselves as well. They have been such blessings during this, a couple have told me I need to write a story of my life, and I'm like, rofl what? Hell, even today one of my aunts told me I need to have my little writings I do published. I keep feeling like I need to help people, and I've felt like this for a while, now it's even stronger. Everyone around me keeps wondering why why why did this happen, they keep trying to understand it, and during all of this I haven't asked why it happened, I don't try to understand it, because even if I knew why, or understood why, it wouldn't help. Sorry bout going on a little speech, fella's. I took a pain pill and it makes me talk/type too much.

<3
    I would absolutely love to see your writing. And I hear you on the painkiller chattiness, lol... I have a feeling if we talked to each other while on painkillers we'd prob create like, a LoTR trilogy of life philosophies.

Speaking of, I did molly for the first time last weekend at an NYC Burning Man costume party... Ended up standing in a dimly lit room full of beds at an after party at some rich dude's apartment watching two naked dudes blow each other while everyone else just laid around languidly in this euphoric fog. Pretty fucking quintessential.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    I would absolutely love to see your writing. And I hear you on the painkiller chattiness, lol... I have a feeling if we talked to each other while on painkillers we'd prob create like, a LoTR trilogy of life philosophies.

Speaking of, I did molly for the first time last weekend at an NYC Burning Man costume party... Ended up standing in a dimly lit room full of beds at an after party at some rich dude's apartment watching two naked dudes blow each other while everyone else just laid around languidly in this euphoric fog. Pretty fucking quintessential.
    First off holy fuck what even. My writing is odd, and I'm sure full of grammar errors, but ah well, at least I know how to spell, and not to put a space between the last of a sentence and what is chosen to end the sentence, such as, "I can not write a correct sentence because I am silly !".

I, too, have the feeling that if we hung out and I had taken a pain pill due to the shit back I have acquired we would figure out the meaning of all the things and we'd sound like two hippies. Speaking of pain pills - I have to wear this fucking neck brace even longer, and get to have a MRI on my back/neck - thankfully they're going to sedate me via IV.

Other news - Justin and I were going to adopt a cat once we got our own place, but then we were informed that it was a $250 deposit, plus $10 extra a month on rent, so that was a no go. Well, since everything happened I have been questioning my parents about it since I had to move back in with them - today we went to the Animal Shelter after my Dr appointment. I had commented on a picture they had of a calico cat named "Afina" - but didn't get a reply. Well, we went today, and she was there, and came up to me, and is honestly the sweetest, friendliest cat I've been around. Their adoption fee was dropped, so today I paid for her adoption, then go to pick her up on the 16th after she's been spayed.

Attachment 688
    This shit right here.
    I DON"T KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING BUT DO YOU HAVE ROOM FOR ONE MORE?

?wut
    pics?
    when chippy sees this

First off holy fuck what even. My writing is odd, and I'm sure full of grammar errors, but ah well, at least I know how to spell, and not to put a space between the last of a sentence and what is chosen to end the sentence, such as, "I can not write a correct sentence because I am silly !".

I, too, have the feeling that if we hung out and I had taken a pain pill due to the shit back I have acquired we would figure out the meaning of all the things and we'd sound like two hippies. Speaking of pain pills - I have to wear this fucking neck brace even longer, and get to have a MRI on my back/neck - thankfully they're going to sedate me via IV.

Other news - Justin and I were going to adopt a cat once we got our own place, but then we were informed that it was a $250 deposit, plus $10 extra a month on rent, so that was a no go. Well, since everything happened I have been questioning my parents about it since I had to move back in with them - today we went to the Animal Shelter after my Dr appointment. I had commented on a picture they had of a calico cat named "Afina" - but didn't get a reply. Well, we went today, and she was there, and came up to me, and is honestly the sweetest, friendliest cat I've been around. Their adoption fee was dropped, so today I paid for her adoption, then go to pick her up on the 16th after she's been spayed.

Attachment 688
    Well if you ever wanted to send something to me, feel free! I'd be more than happy to read it. Grammar is the easiest type of "bad writing" to fix. :P And your grammar and sentence structure is definitely of above average competence.

When I was 16, my boyfriend and first true love died. I adopted a kitten less than a month after.. my parents, who previously didn't want to deal with another pet in the house (my dysfunctional family failed at having a dog twice during my childhood lol), thought it would be good for me. And it was. I love that cat more than anything, and having him during such a tragic and confused time has provided us with really unique and strong bond... He's my Fortress of Solitude. Anyway, I'm not going to lie and say that it's going to be a magic fix. But it helps, and I really don't know what I would have done without him.

love this doody so much

Bikes - Honestly, if you're in NYC and want to come, hit me up. I have some connections and may possibly be able to get free tickets. But even if I can't, it's worth the splurge for a night. :P

dozer - Hahahah nope but maybe someday I'll take a stealth pic of the debauchery. If anyone gives a fuck though, here's the fb page for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/612709442131153/ has some pics

wufwugy - I think you misunderstood - I didn't take part in the blowing and I kept my clothes on.
    Getting a pet seems a bit of a strange way to deal with loss imo. When one of my best mates died I dealt with it the old fashioned way of drinking excessively, not talking about how I felt and feeling sorry for myself for a long period of time. Each to their own I suppose.
    I did things the old-fashioned way too - started smoking cigarettes a lot more and taking incredibly long solitary walks pretty much every day. I can understand why a pet might not be for everyone in this situation, but I don't see why it's strange. It's a creature that you form an emotional bond with and care and love for, and that loves you back unconditionally. That's a really soothing thing to have when you're dealing with unfathomable loss.

(btw you guys I sat next to Demetri Martin on the subway today.)
    the commune upswings massively when the randomness thread has cool things to talk about.

infact. as goes the randomness thread so goes the commune.

?wut
    (btw you guys I sat next to Demetri Martin on the subway today.)
    I was sad when important things wasn't picked up for a 3rd season

this here cat is best cat. not close.

?wut
    When Afina gets here, I'm one-upping you both with her beautiful little self.

P.S. as far as self-medicating goes - yeah, I'm avoiding that. That way the pain isn't numbed down and I'll heal better.

Physically though, yeah, I'm very likely going to have to do physical therapy, and it's worse than even I thought. 100% tired of this neck brace.
    p.s.s. y'all are all lovely even if you're weird and have issues. Even though we all give each other a lot of hell, this is an awesome community of fucked up people. <3
    Getting a pet seems a bit of a strange way to deal with loss imo. When one of my best mates died I dealt with it the old fashioned way of drinking excessively, not talking about how I felt and feeling sorry for myself for a long period of time. Each to their own I suppose.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of having a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post

this here cat is best cat. not close.

u wanna fight??
    (tbh though all black cats are the best cats that ever catted so we can call it a draw)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of having a dick.
    Seems to follow the same logic as "I'm lonely, I'll have a child. They can't leave me".
    lol wow, that's an incredibly rude comparison to make. Because lonely people, or hell - anyone really - don't get pets. You're not superior because you drowned your sorrows in alcohol, sorry.
    I wasn't implying I was better. I thought it was obvious that I was saying I dealt with it badly lol. And I've been around pets my whole life so I dunno how I "don't get" them. It's just strange to me that you'd want to replace a loss in your life with a pet that's all.
    I was just a bit struck by the comparison to someone having a baby because the baby can't leave them. From your response just now though you clearly weren't trying to be hurtful so it's all good... It's just that, having a baby just because you're lonely and they can't leave you is like.. straight up pathological and pretty selfish. Getting a pet because you're grieving isn't.

And I definitely never saw it as a replacement. Would be nice if it worked that way but the loss is there no matter what. :/ It was actually recommended to me as something that might help me feel better by both men and women, lol.
    I find that having a pet allows me to get a lot of my "needy" affection without bothering other people with whom I really don't want that kind of bond.

Honestly, that's selling it short. I gain so incredibly much mental stability by having a moderately controllable distraction around me.

When it comes to dealing with hardship... crying with a pet in your arms is better than crying alone... even when there are friends and loved ones around.
    I think it's quite funny that my mum and sister proper cuddle the cats give them treats and everything yet whenever I'm about they'll always leave them and come lie on me. Is pretty annoying at times.

Clearly I'm just a warm loving person, don't get why humans don't get that impression.
    I don't like cats.
    Pussy magnet.
    (tbh though all black cats are the best cats that ever catted so we can call it a draw)
    No. Calico = better. Then again, I've always been fond of calico cats.

It's just strange to me that you'd want to replace a loss in your life with a pet that's all.
    I don't see it as replacing anything what-so-ever, and I think I've dealt with enough loss since December to know when it's trying to replace something. I see where you're coming from, because it might be assumed someone is trying to fill a emptiness within themselves, but eh, to each their own. Speaking for just myself, I'd rather fill my emptiness with nothing, and just try to be a badass that pushes herself as hard as she fucking can after losing an unborn child and a future of awesome with her soul mate. Feeling the shitty ass emotions without self-medicating, well, I'd much rather have that than be numbed down with shit that won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    When it comes to dealing with hardship... crying with a pet in your arms is better than crying alone... even when there are friends and loved ones around.
    Hell, I don't even like crying around animals. If I have moments where I feel like I'm going to break, I go off to another room, there's been times where I break down before I'm able to due to either physical issues or shit gets too intense - but I'm not a fan of crying in front of anyone. However, recently, sometimes when I cry it's when I'm talking about something and it reminds me of how grateful I am of what I had.

In other news I just spent about 3 hours painting, and shit ain't no where near finished. Just on bark of a tree. What even.
    Wow, Randomness thread is spewing estrogen. Where did all the regs go?

And I wasn't referring to the fact that it is women posting as much as the topics and pics
    I watched that "Free to Play" Last night. IT's a documentary about the DotA 2 Tournament for 1,000,000 US. I had actually not really heard of this game or noticed the popularity of it. I never saw it mentioned here either. Has nobody ever played it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Wow, Randomness thread is spewing estrogen. Where did all the regs go?

And I wasn't referring to the fact that it is women posting as much as the topics and pics
    Yes we need more manly randomness.
    I watched that "Free to Play" Last night. IT's a documentary about the DotA 2 Tournament for 1,000,000 US. I had actually not really heard of this game or noticed the popularity of it. I never saw it mentioned here either. Has nobody ever played it?
    I think this is a case of you being old.
    Agreed Savy, but it's never been mentioned on this forum
    ftr plays league not dota2

?wut
    I've played it on steam. It requires skill and a good strategy.

I'm ranked 13th in the world leaderboard. My nick is "FTR Rain" in honor of FlopTurnRiver that's always in my heart.

http://www.dota2.com/leaderboards#americas
    wtf is dota2
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipEaterMan View Post
    I've played it on steam. It requires skill and a good strategy.

I'm ranked 13th in the world leaderboard. My nick is "FTR Rain" in honor of FlopTurnRiver that's always in my heart.

http://www.dota2.com/leaderboards#americas
    Wow, how do you get individually ranked in a team game?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    ftr plays league not dota2
    Why? If I was going to start playing one are you saying I should play LoL?
    definitely LoL. the community is very welcoming to newcomers.
    Wow, how do you get individually ranked in a team game?
    basically just like chess elo, only because your elo gets averaged with your teammates, your 'true' elo takes longer to converge, more variance etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    definitely LoL. the community is very welcoming to newcomers.
    Haha, ya I have heard the warnings and advice about how brutal these guys can be about Noobs. I do seem to like the graphics and style of the Dota 2 game vs LoL but from what I can see so far, LoL seems easier for the gameplay. Dota looks downright hellish to learn
    Really good article: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...rt-report.html

Sure, it's about the #CancelColbert thing, which isn't inherently interesting to me, but what the article really is is a rich, expertly nuanced representation of the "diversity drama" in the US.

Good sample:
    I am ten years older than Suey Park [the "hashtag activist" who trended #CancelColbert], and, like her, I grew up in a suburban Korean household, read critical theory in college, and now make my living peddling words on the Internet. Like Park, I am a fan of “The Colbert Report.” I did not find Colbert’s joke offensive in any way. But, while I was initially turned off by what I saw as a disingenuous and self-aggrandizing attempt to blow up a joke into a national issue, I also found myself agreeing with what Park has to say about the roles we, as Asian-Americans, are called to play in America’s ongoing diversity drama.
    Learning about racial issues in the US is much more than just reading arguments that either coax you closer to the side of the spectrum where people want to lynch black people or to the side of the spectrum where people want to give former slaves reparations. Also, it's sure as shit not doing that stupid fucking faux-maturity cop out so many people use where they just assume the "correct" answer is somewhere in the middle on that spectrum. There is no fucking spectrum. Forget about the spectrum. It's a complex dynamic where it is very possible (in fact, almost inevitable) that every well-intentioned thing you do is bound to be good from some perspectives and bad from others.

In the best case scenario, learning about the issues is just hearing a few more sincere reactions from a before-unrecognized perspectives to add some notches to your belt that, when all added up, don't create a "correct answer" to any questions, but just make you that much less ignorant. As a 20-something white, straight, upper-middle-class male who went to private school my whole life, almost every voice I hear is revelatory.
    Haha, ya I have heard the warnings and advice about how brutal these guys can be about Noobs. I do seem to like the graphics and style of the Dota 2 game vs LoL but from what I can see so far, LoL seems easier for the gameplay. Dota looks downright hellish to learn
    Can confirm hellish. You know how when you hit someone you'd assume you do damage and they take damage. In dota there are six different damage types and six different armor types. Not to mention special hero abilities that have them gain health or increase armor as you hit them. I don't know much about league but I don't think it's that much easier. - The hardest but most important thing to learn is to maintain a lane and I imagine that would be even more difficult in League. I'm very excited for Blizzards Heroes of the Storm. It looks like it's going to be a much simpler version of dota with different objectives and different maps, that you can also play with friends. - Do not play mobas with friends! Not ones you would like to keep anyway.
    http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us
    Last edited by oskar; 04-11-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    it's sure as shit not doing that stupid fucking faux-maturity cop out so many people use where they just assume the "correct" answer is somewhere in the middle on that spectrum.
    fuck you, fundamentalist centrism is the only true way
    Fuck this "everybody is equal" bullshit.
    Interesting
    Here's the video with the subtitles
    wufwugy should watch it in order to put an end to his nasty addiction

And remember wuf Jehovah is watching you
    Last edited by ChipEaterMan; 04-12-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    dear god.
    oh god laughing ow.
    p.s. i am tired of this god damn fucking bullshit neck brace.
    p.s.s. it's been almost a month. as of 6:30pm it will be a month. life and time is weird. so weird. but it's gonna be okay.

Incredible lecture. Dude is super accurate in the things he says
    i think my favorite jehovah witness dub was r kelly's ignition

?wut

this imo!

?wut
    So, a shih tzu named Priska my Mom adopted after the previous owner passed away, is in LOVE with Afina. My little maltese Gizmo is jealous and is currently pouting on the sofa. This is a pic of last night - Afina high on pain medicine because she was spayed yesterday AM and I got her some pain med so she wouldn't be like ow ow ow. Anyway - this is what it looks like as Priska falls head over heels for Afina.

And this is what is going on right now.

I'm sure about 98% of you could give a shit less, but for the 2% here ya' go. Plus, I think it's cute as hell. Also, it's the randomness thread, also also I said I'd post pictures to one-up Aubrey and Bikes

In other news - you know that tumor I had biopsied in 2010? Well, I might have to have it either biopsied or removed. It's changed shape and has grown. I go today to a surgeon to see what he thinks. GL me
    Last edited by Chelle; 04-17-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    First bbq of the year and I'm fucking freezing.
    XBMC is super awesome. Very deep shit
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Surgery June 19th. GL me.

So I put these things on the cats nails that keep her from scratching stuff. She just laid there and gave zero fucks. Earlier today, after I gave her pain medicine, she sat and stared at the water bowl for 10 minutes before I picked her up and set her on the couch beside me.

Fuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk life is weird.
    I just bought a kettle bbq. I'm about to try and cook a meet joint on it. Only a small one, 600g pork shoulder. I've watched a few ozzies on YouTube to get some tips but if anyone has any experience then feel free to share as I'm expecting it to take 2-3 hrs and will be very disappointed if I've wasted all that time and meat for it not to come out tasty and more importantly cooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    cook a meet joint on it.
    "Meet" - all the flavour of meat but half the price. Gets real grill marks!
    I hope Afina gets well soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipEaterMan View Post
    I hope Afina gets well soon
    Thanks, she's fine though, it was just lol worthy for her to sit and stare because of how the pain medicine made her stoned as shit. She and the shih tzu are currently on the foot part of the recliner snoozing.

I started watching Dr.Who - I'm starting on Season 5, that is from 2010 - and so far I enjoy the show.
    You're no better than those pesky Russians
    http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/...oligarchy.html