Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

QQ HU against calling station.

Default QQ HU against calling station.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

givememyleg (t3060)
    Button (t2940)

Preflop: givememyleg is BB with Q, Q.
    Button raises to t80, givememyleg raises to t200, Button calls t120.

Flop: (t400) 9, 7, 4 (2 players)
    givememyleg bets t320, Button calls t320.

Turn: (t1040) K (2 players)
    givememyleg bets t700, Button calls t700.

River: (t2440) J (2 players)
    givememyleg checks, Button bets t1720 (All-In), givememyleg folds.

Final Pot: t4160

This was actually the second round of a $22 HU MTT, but I think it fits better in this forum. This guy was minraising every single button, and I started firing back a few times in a row, and he folded only once. He wouldn't respect my re-raises and was a pretty poor player. He would call my raise and check/fold a lot.

I dunno what went wrong here. I hated the turn, but I thought checking would be worse than betting out. On the river, the pot was so large, any bet practically commits me. His AI bet was pretty ridiculous, although it was smaller than the pot. Smells like it could be a bluff, but he could also have a hand like K X .. he didn't reraise much at all, and tried to trap me by calling to checking big hands. What could I have done better?
    sounds like everyone at the few 5.50s ive played at lately... really frusterating too
    Agree that you have to bet out on the turn, I would probably have made it a little less - 500 or so should be enough to deny opp odds to draw to the flush or OESD (if he has 65). Once opp calls your turn bet, agree you have to check the river and fold to the AI.
    nice play, nothing more you could do.

Just curse the screen and type in ''nb''

Hand is irrelevant coz you end up beating him anyway lol