Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

Dan Harrington and Erik Seidel to be Inducted to Poker Hall of Fame

Default Dan Harrington and Erik Seidel to be Inducted to Poker Hall of Fame

Both Dan Harrington and Erik Seidel will be inducted to the Poker Hall of Fame before this year's main event finale. Read the full story here: Dan Harrington and Erik Seidel to be Inducted to Poker Hall of Fame « Poker Blogs

Finalists included Chris Ferguson, Barry Greenstein, Jennifer Harman, Phil Ivey, Tom McEvoy, Daniel Negreanu, Scotty Nguyen, and Linda Johnson. Do you think Harrington and Seidel were the most deserving from the group?

Are there any others who deserved to be part of the ten finalists?

Is Dwan to young to be considered? Please keep in mind the official requirements to enter the Hall of Fame:

• A gambler must have played poker against acknowledged top competition
    • Played for high stakes
    • Played consistently well, gained respect of peers
    • And stood the test of time
    • Or, for non-players, contributed to the overall growth and success of the game of poker, with indelible positive and lasting results.
    Last edited by BooG690; 10-19-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Off that finalists list, I'd probably have picked Harrington and Greenstein. Though they are basically all deserving and will get there one day.

I think Dwan is too young still, he hasn't really stood the test of time (IMO this is 10 years+) or contributed to the overall growth of the game of poker. I don't know that Ivey really meets that last criteria either, but he has top honors in all the other 4 categories so he'll get in one day.
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    Idk how Greenstein doesn't get in?
    Yeah I'd like to see Greenstein in there for sure. That said, I think Seidel deserves to be in there too. Players like Phil Ivey just have to wait till they're a bit older I guess, since there seems to be a back-log of older players who should be inducted but haven't been yet.
    Ya, Greenstein will be in there for sure, eventually, same with Ivey and DN. I think if Mizrachi wins the ME he'll get in, doesn't he have some WPT titles?
    Mizrachi is rather young, in my opinion.

Phil Ivey is next, I think.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.