Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

$10 stars (HU) - do you push this?

Default $10 stars (HU) - do you push this?

I wont normally push this hand into a raise when HU, but opp had been playing really aggro since we got HU, raising almost every hand from the button. Do you push this with this read, or do i just fold and wait for a better spot to put my chips in?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t7890)
    Hero (t5610)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 4.
    Button raises to t1800, Hero raises to t5560, Button calls t3760.

Flop: (t11120) 8, 4, 8 (2 players)

Turn: (t11120) K (2 players)

River: (t11120) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: t11120
    I push it, especially with those blinds. If he's raising every hand, then he's just playing correctly. He isn't being dealt a premium hand each time. HU with two aggressive players is about picking the right spot to catch him before he catches you. This looks like a good spot to me. If he has a good hand here you're unlucky. In that case just suck out on him.
    You're looking to be all-in (raise or call) with any ace heads up, especially vs. a very aggressive person when the blinds are so large.
    pulling a courtiebee pŏŏl-ĭng ā kôrt-ē-bē (verb phrase):
    1. overvaluing mid pocket pairs
    2. knowing you should fold, but donkishly calling or raising anyway
    If he's raising like that every hand, I have no qualms about pushing there. If he has better his timing is very fortunate. My experience is that a lot of times he calls here with a worse hand - any two face cards, often.
    you are probably dead this hand, but it was a fine push... you just got unlucky.

In heads up more than half of the raises are steals