Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumNew Members Introduce Yourself

New Member Introduction

US Players Allowed New Member Introduction

Name: Craig Barton

What do you play and what stakes: Online: Micro-Stakes $5NL Holdem and $5PLO8. Live: Micro-Stakes $20NL Holdem and $20L H.O.R.S.E.

How long have you been playing: I've played live NL Holdem for about 10 years now. It's crazy now thinking about it, but I started off learning by playing NL Holdem Tournaments with several friends with no buy-in and no prizes! On the other hand, pre Black Friday, I dabbled online for about 2 years via Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet, FullTilt and PokerStars. However, post Black Friday, for about 5 Months now, I've been seriously playing online via Bovada.

Where do you mostly play: I currently play online exclusively via Bovada. In terms of live play, I occasionaly play in Home Games with a group of friends.

Why did you come to FTR: I consider myself an avid poker player always looking to improve. Along my journey, I one day stumbled upon FTR. Needless to say, I was enamored by the wealth of information and am simply trying to dig deeper into this phenminal resource.

Do you have any goals: In the Short-Term, I would like to become a consistently profitable player both in online and live play. Long-Term, I would like my poker career to serve as a part-time job that supplements my current income.
    welcome to FTR
    Hi Craig - welcome!
    How's it going, Craig?

Bovada is a good site to play on if you're looking for soft-ish games. Have you had any success in the Micro levels on that site? What is your perception of the competition there at that level?