Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

100NL - TPTK misplayed?

Default 100NL - TPTK misplayed?

ugh this felt super terrible. Should have bet the turn obviously. On the river, fold or call?

Villain unknown.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($100)
    Button ($9.10)
    SB ($128.45)
    BB ($106.50)
    UTG ($46.55)
    MP ($108.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A
    2 folds, Hero raises $3, 1 fold, SB raises $10, 1 fold, Hero calls $7.50

Flop: ($22) 7, Q, 7 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB raises $25.50, Hero calls $15.50

Turn: ($73) 4 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($73) K (2 players)
    SB bets $36.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $73
    think this hand is interesting if you take it one decision at a time
    Not sure what Spenda thinks but I think you may have made a mistake on just about every check, bet and call except the $3 open.
    Meh he's not taking a c/r line with a legit hand after he 3bets, maybe reraise on the flop? River I can see the fold, it has AK written all over it.

Oh yeah, I think I'd usually check the flop behind here, although I can't really explain why..
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms
    Not sure what Spenda thinks but I think you may have made a mistake on just about every check, bet and call except the $3 open.
    So what do you do with AQo in the CO vs a small 3bet? 4bet? Fold?

Anyways yah the hand was pretty terrible all in all so no excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoSmeets
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms
    So what do you do with AQo in the CO vs a small 3bet? 4bet? Fold?
    Yes
    i would call preflop and bet/call the flop. then i would bet the turn $24 when checked to. as played i would call the river also. don't really see why this 'has AK written all over it'; it just has goofy flopped air written all over it, sometimes he'll have hit the king but often enough he won't have imo (not saying im overly excited to call but i would normally look this up).
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    "when someone c/r you on the flop and you call, he'll show exactely what he has with his action on the turn"

you show strength with the call, so does he really think he can still bluff you off your hand on the turn? probably not. but when you check turn and the river is just to good for him to check imo, i would fire again as well. if you were planning to call any river against a bluffy player i would like this line more, but normally just bet turn
    Well I guess there are very little 7's in his range here.
    He could have AQ and butchered it some, over even really over value his QK and rivered you. Maybe even a diabolically played AA/KK, but I think this is also a bluff a decent amount of time
    his flop c/r is as much because your bet looks weak as it is because he is strong.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    He's not c/r AA/KK/AQ/KQ (and probably not JJ/TT either) on the flop, he leads them, so that doesn't leave a lot of hands. On the river when another over shows up I don't think he's gonna lead JJ/TT. I'm assuming a standard 3bet range here, as we weren't given any stats..

Btw I probably still call too - I played a similar hand yesterday (similar in that he 3bet and then was whiffy on flop and turn) and I called into his AK on river K.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance
    He's not c/r AA/KK/AQ/KQ (and probably not JJ/TT either) on the flop, he leads them.
    How do you know this? In most of your posts I think you advocate playing ABC Poker 100% of the time and you assume that all villains are doing the same. This is a huge mistake IMO, people do retarded stuff all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcatdog
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance
    He's not c/r AA/KK/AQ/KQ (and probably not JJ/TT either) on the flop, he leads them.
    How do you know this? In most of your posts I think you advocate playing ABC Poker 100% of the time and you assume that all villains are doing the same. This is a huge mistake IMO, people do retarded stuff all the time.
    Well it's not often that you see people c/r the flop for straight up value when they had the initiative preflop. We have to make some assumptions no? Otherwise we can't attempt hand reading at all as everything could be a retarded play with any sort of hand.
    *BUMP*