Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

10% and Poker

Default 10% and Poker

I really miss having an operation. I really miss being in shape. I also miss poker.

My only goal is to get to 10% body fat. When I was unemployed I got down to 13%, now im close to 17%. This is unacceptable, as a single man I need to look my best. Random poker will be thrown in to keep this legit.

!luck
    Gl dude, I could do with a goal like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by !Luck View Post
    Random poker will be thrown in to keep this legit.
    lol

gl man. How do you measue % of body fat? I would be curious to do it for myself
    So after my new york trip, I gained 4 pounds, which sucks. I am at 164.2.

I have ton of free food at work, which now I will give up. Drink lots of tea and hydrate myself. I haven't had clear piss in forever.
    dodged
    I measured my body fat via a 7 or 6 point pinch test. I will know when I am getting close and ask for another one. Those are far more accurate than those devices that send an electric pulse through your body.

!luck
    So a little bit over a week into this. My weight has reduced to 161 pounds, but it is going to sky rocket since I am going snowboarding in Keystone for a few nights going to eat like shit and drink like a college student.

I need to put a time limit on this shit to make it actually work.

!luck
    I'd be careful about following your exact weight too closely over a short period of time as it can oscillate quite a bit no matter what you do. Bodyfat % is a good indicator overall.

Maybe start cutting down to a minimum stuff like soda/coke and fast food and try to eat some more fruit +veg. Having a sport you like really helps + regular stretching can make you feel much better

GL with the future.
    164.8. FML. Though, I did eat and drink 7 days straight, plus snowboarding in keystone rocks.
    162.4. Making progress. My diet is improving, but still way off.

Played some live poker made a fairly dumb mistake while 250bb deep. Basically, I got it all in with top two vs. tight old man, when he obv had a set. I still do this when i don't play enough, where I forget to constantly think about relative hand strength, and I tend to do this more in large pots, where im excited. Last year I was a loser live, and online subsidized me. This year I don't have that luxury.

Also, I have not had any coke this year nor do I intend to!

Edit: By coke, I mean Pepsi and other assorted colas, since real coke would help with weight loss.....
    Last edited by !Luck; 01-07-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy View Post
    Having a sport you like really helps.
    This bro. I've always said that boxing is the best sport for losing weight plus having a bunch of fun trying to improve. It's very addictive.
    [20:19] <Zill4> god
    [20:19] <Zill4> u guys
    [20:19] <Zill4> so fking hopeless
    [20:19] <Zill4> and dumb
    exercise is good
    best of luck with all - obviously i'm outa here cos banned for whatever - who knows what reason?
    chao
    Ran 4 miles in 32:05 Today. No where close to my goal yet, but have dropped about 5 pounds and can bench a little more. My diet is shitty but improving. Also, making progress in drinking less.