Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

100 buy-ins and earn extra money from playing the game.

Default FAILED attempt at HUSNGs, grinding up my bankroll at 6max games for future HU games.

So I tried playing them sngs but the cards werent on my side. Right now im playing 6MAX games, going to post here my graphs/thoughts about my game/some hands that I think need some attention etc.

At cashgames my main goal is to put in hours. Many players that grind their roll up try to play tons of hands grinding BE and not getting much out of it at all. Going to play 4+hours a day, maybe take 1 day off every week. Hope that my bankroll grows fast and I can post here some content.
    Not going to say much more, let the graphs do the talking.

Next graph is going to be here tonight...
    Im out.
    Last edited by FourLetterWord; 09-18-2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: failed at husngs
    GL,

at imageshack copy and past the forum code then post it.
    grindcore imo
    1) good bankroll management
    2) start by playing games/stakes that you beat
    3) play well
    4) ???
    5) profit

sounds like you'll be fine

also:
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ph-186555.html
    you need ten posts I think?
    or just right click the image once it's loaded up, then click 'copy image location', then paste the link here between [IMG] [/IMG] tags
    I've linked in your graph below

I think I need more posts for posting images the way they are suposed to be posted.
    Thank you for posting the graph picture.

About bankroll management: for me it is good to have a bigger cushion, it lets me play with no pressure. It helps to have bigger bankroll for taking shots: it is kinda bad to take 1buy-in shot and if failed to move down again. Better have like 10buy-in shot and if that goes bad, think about what u did bad and move down to lick your wounds. It is not hard to run 10buyin down the hill couple times a day but it is what it is....

Hope there is not going to be no major setbacks and it goes well.
    Not going to play today any more. It is hard not to bust my roll today. And thats not a good news for this thread. Think I am going to need more like 200BI to fight against the variance.

Hope I dont end up busting my bankroll... it would be first one for me.

31 games today 7 of them agains one player where I lost 6 games never got it in bad, won one and after some more games this player went his way not accepting another games. It is good to say that I could play almost perfect against him, I knew his moves, what he is going to do if I limp or raise etc... too bad I didnt get my own way with him.

ROi% -13,3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Not so good news for me and people who thought that this thread can make couple more good pages..
    Played 19 more games and there goes my bankroll. Need to start from the ground up again... freerollls here i come.
    This shows how my chips have gone to the other players and so my bankroll. Hope I can get it back from them another time

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Sorry things went badly. What stakes were you playing? If there were lower stakes available, you should definitely drop down before you lose everything.

If you were playing the lowest stake available and can't deposit a larger number of buy-ins, it might be better to play 9 man SnGs to grind up the bankroll before you start playing HU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    HU can be a bi*ch, going to play 6max cash to get my bankroll up again and then take shot at HU cash. Don´t know if I should update my cashgame results here. I made this thread for another game but that went quickly down the hill...
    Edited first post so that this thread can go on.

Right now having problems with my HEM2, playing 6 tables and running HEM2 hud frozes my game tables and hem. Turned my hud off and everything was ok again. Dont know what it is all about. Computer is good, has more than enough memory etc.. and this isnt all the time, it comes when wants and then its fine again. But it pisses me off when im loading tables and trying to start a session
    gl with your regrind on the cash tables. swing some of your trouble hands by the beginner's digest if you'd like and you'll likely receive a ton of valuable help.
    Thank you.

The sickest thing is that the HUSNG flips are fine but those cashgame suckouts make me feel so empty inside. It is hard to make a good hand and it seems like it is so easy to draw out on me having 2 outs.... meh . But it doesn´t hold me back. Going to grind it out.

leaks that need to be plugged:

not opening btn wide enough (when it is possible to get away with it); same with CO
    blind vs. blind not punishing SB who open completes (missing out massive value)

Dont think that there is going to be much more playing today 2 hours max.. if HEM works with me and doesn´t freeze my computer. Two good football games Manchester United vs Chelsea and Levante vs Real Madrid. Yesterdays FC Parcelona vs Osasuna was ... 8-0
    it's pretty much impossible to go bust if you follow decent bankroll management. What stakes were you playing? and on what bankroll?
    Played today some 6 max cash, nothing good came from it. HEM failed big time and made me mad, so played without any stats. hem2 is bi*****ch
    Ended up day between +700-800bbs and with a big headache.

End of day 1. playing cashgames
    Quote Originally Posted by FourLetterWord View Post
    hem2 is bi*****ch
    ja, use old HEM imo
    also, what stakes on what roll for the cash games?

also, i'm still curious about the HU games
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    it's pretty much impossible to go bust if you follow decent bankroll management. What stakes were you playing? and on what bankroll?
    I have found some new gears in myself and damn it is a good feeling. Now need to work on my game and go higher and discover some new lands. GL you players out there.
    HAND1

Hand before SB open shoved KK and lost to AJ. Not any guestions about the hand, it is here for other players to look

MP: (189.5 bb)
    CO: (250 bb)
    Hero (BTN): (101 bb)
    SB: (38.5 bb)
    BB: (345.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
    2 folds, Hero raises to 3bb , SB shoves, BB folds, Hero calls

HAND2

MP did some questionable preflop raises 10bb, 6bb and even limped. He was 48/21 over 38 hands. (not many hands but we can tell that he is involved in many hands) My thinking preflop was to raise big since he is going to call a bunch and shove pretty much any flop.

Hero (CO): (147.5 bb)
    BTN: (82 bb)
    SB: (104 bb)
    BB: (122.5 bb)
    MP: (76.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K A
    MP raises to 6bb, Hero raises to 25bb, 3 folds, MP calls

Flop: (53bb) 9 7 8 (2 players)
    MP checks, Hero shoves arr-in