Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

A Ruben's PLATE?!?

Default A Ruben's PLATE?!?

OK, I've made a Ruben's Tube. They're awesome. Youtube some vids if you want to see what they are.

This is a plate instead of a tube. So instead of a line of fire... it's a table... and it is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2awbKQ2DLRE
    I watched this a few days ago. is that you???

nevermind, I see where I made the mistake
    Yeah.. misleading wording in OP.

That is not me.
    Have you found anything on how the plate is build? I searched for a good 20s and gave up. I guess it's just a bunch of tubes?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    The plate is the top side of a hollow box.

It's almost definitely hollow inside. You wouldn't need baffles of any kind. If you did add baffles or tubes or anything inside the box, then the box would still do what it does, but you'd have separated it's internal vibration chamber into sub-chambers. That would make the surface have zones that responded differently; the plate would not function as a single thing, but as many, connected things.

My guess is that it's just an aluminum box ~6" tall and 24" on a side, with holes in a 50 x 50 grid (he said 2,500 holes in the vid).

(Oskar... I deleted a ton of tech stuff... because you are my audience for this post, and I think you're not too interested. I can add more if you like.)
    Looked like randomish flames to start with and not as impressive as the neat ordered waves displayed by the ruben's tube.

But with music playing it makes an awesome light display.
    That captures my thoughts pretty well.

That one mode he found with the dense flames in one corner, then isolated patches of flames near the opposite corner was cool, though.

Chlandi's Plate patterns are probably explained with the same vibrational mechanics, and are more readily visible.

A flaming plate that dances to the music is >>>>> a bit of sand on a plate that doesn't dance to the music.

EDIT: Watching it again makes me wish he had a high-pass filter that he could switch to, and turn off the bass thumps. I like the bass thumps, and the burst of yellow flame... but I'd like to see the box without it for a bit.
    Last edited by MadMojoMonkey; 04-27-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    quote: >"A flaming plate that dances to the music is >>>>> a bit of sand on a plate that doesn't dance to the music".<

I'd rather watch a non-newtonian fluid on a loudspeaker.